IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so they didn't have a detailed description of the perp or vehicle, which is required for AAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thing I will point out is that on the day the girls went missing there was an Amber Alert put out for a girl out of Gary, Indiana. It went out at least 3 times - approx. 5:45pm on the 13th, approx 11:15pm on the 13th, approx 7:25am on the 14th. That Amber Alert never mentioned a vehicle or any description of a person that had taken her. As it turns out the girl is the suspect in the murder of her mother and it is my strong opinion that the Gary, Indiana police knew that long before they issued the Amber Alert. It was an abuse of the Amber Alert program as far as I am concerned. State police and local and county law enforcement would have been looking out for that girl during almost all the time Abby and Libby were missing.

While this would seem logical for anyone who hasn't spent a lot of time in the woods, the fact is, that even in broad daylight, hunters commonly lose large deer, and spend hours tracking them, only to find they had walked right past them several times. Now, if the girls were wearing bright clothing, then yes...they would have been much easier to see, but assuming they could have been naked, or partially so(we don't know for certain, as LE hasn't said), they would have been nearly impossible to see after dark, regardless of how bright the moon may have been. Also, if there was any attempt to hide them, with limbs, leaves, etc, that would have made it even more difficult. I grew up playing in the woods in east central Indiana, and can tell you with absolute certainty, it is difficult to see things that are right in front of you, if the hues are similar, etc. I, too, am in the camp that they were there the first night, and simply either missed, or the search never got the area where they were at.
It's was also a full moon. No leaves on trees.
I'd think they would be seen

Here's the link I was looking for - this photograher is MSM so this should be allowed:

https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keen...7780.1073741969.1174987605&type=3&pnref=story

Also here:

attachment.php

Attachments

• delphi.jpg
    delphi.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 482
Anyone think there is a very small chance the bridge guy (BG) wore a disguise? I don't really think so. Due to his age, he's not very tech savvy and wasn't able to destroy the images from the victim's phone. Also, he wasn't planning on letting the girls live to describe him. I don't think he had the foresight to consider the girls would have gotten video or still photos of him before the attack or even during.

On the other hand-- if he is extremely, extremely careful and methodical and patient and like the Zodiac (who claimed to have worn disguises) he might have worn a disguise especially if he is a local on the small chance that one or both victims either escaped his attack or survived.
if the video was sent via cloud there was nothing he could do to destroy the images.

Their feet wouldn't still be wet the following day when the bodies were found.
even if they were dry they could do forensics on their pants or shoes to determine if they had been in the creek.

Sgt. Riley seemed to contradict himself in the same interview. Did he misspeak? He did say "more of a suspect" and then said it didn't mean the PO *is* a suspect. Did he retract that or has LE contradicted him? I'm unaware if they have.

Mixed messages, IMO.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

There are several newer articles that state RL isn't a suspect. (Sgt Kim Riley on RL's court day)

Do you still think RL is BG?

On another note, Bemused....You are amazing with finding older links and videos on this case! Whenever someone needs something, (morning, noon or night)--there you are with the info. I think that's awesome.

I hope you find time in there somewhere to sleep. :bedtime:

Anyone think there is a very small chance the bridge guy (BG) wore a disguise? I don't really think so. Due to his age, he's not very tech savvy and wasn't able to destroy the images from the victim's phone. Also, he wasn't planning on letting the girls live to describe him. I don't think he had the foresight to consider the girls would have gotten video or still photos of him before the attack or even during.

On the other hand-- if he is extremely, extremely careful and methodical and patient and like the Zodiac (who claimed to have worn disguises) he might have worn a disguise especially if he is a local on the small chance that one or both victims either escaped his attack or survived.

BBM
His age? What would that be?

We know the girls were on the SE end of the bridge, and given the timeline, I'm confident that they were dropped off at the North end of the park. I don't believe that he would take a chance of being seen or meeting someone by forcing them to walk back to the North end of the High Bridge, but instead, as you say, he told them to go down the hill on the South end of the bridge.

Their bodies were found on the North side of the river, so it makes sense that they crossed the river at some point. I think it's very likely that the suspect murdered the girls near his vehicle. It makes complete sense that he parked at the cemetery after seeing the girls being dropped off, and saw the girls on the bridge. It might have been easiest to cross the river and enter the bridge from the SE end, turn around, then take the girls back the way he came - just South of the cemetery.

View attachment 114537

From the cemetery straight to the crime scene, is everything not cemetery the private property of RL?

Ouch so it definitely looks sexually motivated if girls had no clothing , I wonder if the cloths were in the creek to get rid of any DNA?

Crime scenes are sometimes staged to try to throw the police off. The other evidence will tell the tale.

Ouch so it definitely looks sexually motivated if girls had no clothing , I wonder if the cloths were in the creek to get rid of any DNA?
there is nothing that says the girls clothing were in the creek. A reporter say what they was clothing on a branch, and from yards and yards away they said they saw "girls" clothing. I personally take their observation with a grain of salt at best. No one else has reported this. In my opinion SA was unlikely.

JMO I believe Abby and Libby were killed very quickly after the video of BG. IF it happened that fast I would think that there is some usable DNA. My guess is that the unsub isn't in the database. I do believe the BG is a felon, someone recently released from prison, but also someone that had been incarcerated before DNA testing was required by law.

Maybe the perp was living or working out of the country for many years or out of state and only recently came back? Also, what was the "triggering" event that made him commit murder? Did his wife or girlfriend leave him? Did he lose his job or did he suffer some serious personal or financial setback?

Are you thinking LE was interested in footprints and/or tire tracks? Wish we knew if they took impressions of the ground.
LE was certainly interested in at least one set of tracks prior to the girls being found. Those tracks may or may not have been the ones that led to the girls. You can read about such things in the scanner thread for this case - since we are not allowed to bring that stuff up to the main thread. There are a some things that can be learned about the searches there and as time goes on what activities LE was up to afterwards.

there is nothing that says the girls clothing were in the creek. A reporter say what they thought to be fabric caught on a branch, and from yards and yards away they said they saw "girls" clothing. I personally take their observation with a grain of salt at best. No one else has reported this. In my opinion SA was unlikely.

Show me the quote where he says anything about a "branch" please.

attachment.php

Attachments

• delphi.jpg
    delphi.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 355
there is nothing that says the girls clothing were in the creek. A reporter say what they thought to be fabric caught on a branch, and from yards and yards away they said they saw "girls" clothing. I personally take their observation with a grain of salt at best. No one else has reported this. In my opinion SA was unlikely.

Why do you think the girls were taken ?

Sorry if you have posted your theory before.

We know the girls were on the SE end of the bridge, and given the timeline, I'm confident that they were dropped off at the North end of the park. I don't believe that he would take a chance of being seen or meeting someone by forcing them to walk back to the North end of the High Bridge, but instead, as you say, he told them to go down the hill on the South end of the bridge.

Their bodies were found on the North side of the river, so it makes sense that they crossed the river at some point. I think it's very likely that the suspect murdered the girls near his vehicle. It makes complete sense that he parked at the cemetery after seeing the girls being dropped off, and saw the girls on the bridge. It might have been easiest to cross the river and enter the bridge from the SE end, turn around, then take the girls back the way he came - just South of the cemetery.

View attachment 114537

How are we so sure they were at the SE side of that bridge.

There is no information about how the victims were found - no information about how they were dressed.

IMO it's a matter of semantics and mixed messages. Until LE comes out with an official statement that they've cleared RL in these murders I'm going to think what I think. I hope it isn't RL because it would compound an already tragic situation in my mind.

We may be in the minority, but there's more than a few of us who are unwilling to drop RL off their radar until LE makes a clear statement saying otherwise. IMO, I haven't heard that statement from LE yet.

If they were abducted on the SE end of the bridge and their bodies were found on the North side of the river, how did they get there?

I think they were dropped off on the north side they stayed on the north side and were led to where the crime was committted never crossing the creek.

Show me the quote where he says anything about a "branch" please.

attachment.php
i did not use quote marks for the reporter. From the picture they posted it appears that something colored is stuck in a branch or something in the creek. It has been a month or so since i have looked at the picture, but it appeared to be at quite a distance.

Jmo I think one family chose Valentine's Day as the date of death...I believe both girls were deceased when found.

Families do not choose date of death. Coroner does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member