IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since both girls were on some sports teams , wondering if law enforcement has made an appeal to the rest of the community to be looking through their photos they've taken at games..particularly last season . just to see if anyone strange is in those photos that shouldn't be there ,or that nobody knows, or anything just off about so-and-so excetera..

I agree with this. When my mom committed suicide, she hung herself. I searched through out the garage & the house & did not look up. It took me 30 mins to find her (very small house, no basement) realizing I had passed her the first time in the garage...so yes, this is a possibility IMO

Cripes! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that!

A bit off topic we had an attack in Stockholm that might be a terroristattack 3 dead and 8 injured, they just showed a pic of a suspect they are looking for, he looks like BG, hood, big nose and beard. That leads me to think that this oversized nose might be something photographic and not really that huge in real life.

View attachment 114510

Firstly, I'd feel awkward if I didn't say something about the attack, as OT as that part is, so ugh, prayers and love to Sweden. These ramming style attacks are getting to be way too common place. Editing to add, oh sheesh, I just noticed you, Scandinavian Girl are in Sweden yourself. Hope you and all your loved ones are safe. What a world we are living in.

Secondly, and back on topic, that's a very interesting point. Certainly with the better quality of this guy I think you can basically see how it's some combination of the light and shadow, with the hood shading his eyes and the nose being the only thing that sticks out that really draws the light to it. Very conceivable a similar thing is happening in the BG picture, definitely. Great line of thinking there. I've never even felt the photo was clear enough to really make out anything distinctly about the face and every time I've tried to study it I see different things (and frankly I've seen a few of the people folks were sleuthing and so sure looked like BG and I've always just been like "Huh? Really? I don't see enough of BG to have a clue!") Sheesh, that photo really is a conundrum all its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC Isn't there parts of that creek that are very shallow? I remember seeing in some of the video that's been taken of the area it looked to be ankle-deep in some spots. In one video I want to say the area where it's thought he had them cross, and right by where they were found, was one of the shallow areas, you could see the rocks in the creek. Although, just getting your feet/shoes wet, in cold weather, wouldn't be much better.

jmo

In the video shot by JM, the area she showed where they could've crossed, indeed looked ankle deep to me. I was one of the ones who never bought the "crossing the creek" theory, but after seeing that video, it could've been done without much trouble, imo.

There was actually a sandbar they could've walked on, that takes them halfway across. Another 4-5 steps in the water, it looked like they would've been on the other side, where they were found.

In the summer maybe.
Or nice weekends.

Sadly many of our state parks are turning into crime scenes.

Eileen, you can't compare the parks in south florida, to parks everywhere else in the country. Even the ones here, I've been many times and never seen anyone doing drugs. Most people, i assume, do go to parks to just enjoy themselves, and not to break laws. But, there are a few bad apples in every batch.

Cripes! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that!
Thank you It's not something one gets over...I have PTSD because of it.
It has been MO throughout this case that this is very possible, based on my own experience & feeling like there is just no way the girls were brought back to the area. It would also make sense as to why LE thought there was no foul play at first (they stated it was because of the way their bodies were when found). Maybe LE thought it was a suicide pact? All just MO

I don't think I have seen anyone here suggest the possibility of BG using Stun or Taser to gain control of the girls? When I first saw the described gun shaped outline in his pocket I thought maybe that's what it was. AFAIK they are both legal in IN, though I guess purchase would leave trails. Thoughts?

Thank you It's not something one gets over...I have PTSD because of it.
It has been MO throughout this case that this is very possible, based on my own experience & feeling like there is just no way the girls were brought back to the area. It would also make sense as to why LE thought there was no foul play at first (they stated it was because of the way their bodies were when found). Maybe LE thought it was a suicide pact? All just MO

RBBM

I don't believe I heard LE ever say that. Is there a source? My memory is from the first press conference where the opposite was said.

Or a place people go who enjoy hiking, bird-watching, photography, etc. I've been to a number of places like that and managed to do so without smoking weed or drinking.

ETA: or making out. My mama raised a goody-two shoes. :innocent:

You and me both Koshka! Really I don't know obviously what the general demographic is here at Web Sleuths but I think one of the most fascinating parts of this group is what a wide variety of people we have here. As much as I'm sure bad things can and do happen on trails and in the woods I wonder if some of the differences in opinion are a matter of where we're from and where we were raised, rural vs urban or whatever. Certainly many large cities have built up nature areas, large parks within cities or river walks and such but those places are full of people all the time (and crimes still occur. I remember a murder on the Detroit Riverwalk during Gay Pride weekend that was held there and despite loads of lighting and even those safety thingies you see on a lot of college campuses and public places that are like little lights with a button or phone or some such you can alert if in danger).

But in smaller towns too, and even places much, much larger than Delphi, there's often not much for young people to do. I grew up in a suburb of a metro area in a place I'd still call small though much, much larger than Delphi and teens pretty much had the library (who have since cut hours so drastically as so many other libraries have had to do but one of these libraries is across the street from the high school so huge hangout) and the Barnes and Noble basically. And near the high school is a newer athletic complex and a really nice trail and some tennis courts and a ball park. There's not much else to do. And while the internet was around and getting big in my own teens, I sure remember how much time I spent outside growing up and how often I was all over town on bikes or walking with friends without supervision. And that wasn't all that many years ago either! I'm sure I'm older than some here but still!

Of course the lack of things to do also means you find folks doing less than savory things in the woods too, definitely. I seem to recall trying cigarettes with a friends in the woods myself around Libby and Abby's age! Teenagers sure aren't saints but I think most parents know that. I'm absolutely sure A&L's families have had loads of talks with them about safety, about drugs and drinking and sex and all of that. But they just genuinely seem like young girls who were looking for something to do that day and I don't think their families at least knowingly really thought they had any reason to worry. Although my gosh wouldn't this have been a far better ending if the worse thing that had happened in those woods was the girls trying some alcohol or cigarettes or kissing boys? Breaks my heart to think about it. And come to think of it I'm probably closer to age of their parents than them and I think if I lived in Delphi (frankly I feel the same way about my own home town), I'd let them go to the trails. They seemed like sweet kids to me and I'm sure their parents knew them well enough to know what the risks were (reasonably. I know some parents are indeed clueless or in denial about what their kids are up to but these girls don't seem like the type anyhow). Anyway, all my opinion. But I guess I also don't really see why someone in that community or so many like it would assume the only folks who go to the trails are up to no good. That and I think I'd be happy to have my kids out enjoying nature versus glued to a screen. And ha worth saying even within this group we've been down the discussion of the dangers of social media and the internet so it's kind of like you can't win. Some people see danger and bad things everywhere but at some point you gotta live your lives and let your kids be kids.

It's a damn shame we have to worry that while our kids are being kids some ******* may attack or kill them.

Edit- I had no idea the word I used was censored here. Think someone else used the same word ages ago in this thread but just wanna say it was not half as bad as word as it looks lol though such a word would also be more than warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/carroll-county-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-teenagers/

Based on the information given by family and friends, police do not believe foul play is involved and have been given no information that would lead them to believe the girls are in any immediate danger, other than exposure to outside elements.
Officers looked into issuing an Amber Alert, but were informed this incident does not meet the criteria.

RBBM

I don't believe I heard LE ever say that. Is there a source? My memory is from the first press conference where the opposite was said.

http://www.carrollcountygovernment.org/uploads/9/1/2/1/9121287/comm.8.4.14.pdf
This is from 2014 but the county had a quote of $24000 for security cameras at the Transfer Station. So in 2017 I think they probably had them. I was thinking about RL and he had to confess going to the TS because of cameras and some friend allegedly put it on FB. There were no charges against him about going to Lafayette so quite possibly he went with a friend. Who drove? Probably one would cover for the other. Whether he bought fish or not if they stopped for supper and what older guy wants to cook then he probably got home when he said he did. I wish LE would have said if that part of his alibi was the truth. They don't seem to be disputing it so maybe he really did go and was not around Delphi at the time of the murders.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/carroll-county-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-teenagers/

Based on the information given by family and friends, police do not believe foul play is involved and have been given no information that would lead them to believe the girls are in any immediate danger, other than exposure to outside elements.
Officers looked into issuing an Amber Alert, but were informed this incident does not meet the criteria.

Thank you but that was before the bodies were found.

Thank you expat! I recall this being said the night the girls went missing, before they were found. Once LE saw the girls at the crime scene, I believe they suspected foul play immediately.

IIRC Isn't there parts of that creek that are very shallow? I remember seeing in some of the video that's been taken of the area it looked to be ankle-deep in some spots. In one video I want to say the area where it's thought he had them cross, and right by where they were found, was one of the shallow areas, you could see the rocks in the creek. Although, just getting your feet/shoes wet, in cold weather, wouldn't be much better.

jmo
Do not let that fool u the cold water is clear this time of year.you can see the bottom in depths of 3 to 5 feet .

Thank you but that was before the bodies were found.

Yes exactly, LE originally said they didn't believe the girls were in harm's way/or that there was foul play. But once they found them it became a homicide investigation and was clear enough that they were murdered.

My apologies. I've been reading every MSM story & LE quote I could find since the girls went missing. Also trying to keep up with the threads here. I'm getting a bit confused. MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97