IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search warrant executed on March 17 resulted in items being seized. LE indicated it would take 4-6 weeks to get results.

ISTR that you're statistically more likely to be murdered by someone you know than a stranger. I'm going to be very surprised if SA was an element here but I've been wrong before.
i don't think it is a SK. i would be extremely surprised if it was. in my opinion this was done by someone locally who lived so close to the CS that they could walk home without being seen by anyone.

The search warrant executed on March 17 resulted in items being seized. LE indicated it would take 4-6 weeks to get results.

ISTR that you're statistically more likely to be murdered by someone you know than a stranger. I'm going to be very surprised if SA was an element here but I've been wrong before.

A link I wished I'd saved.... I recall the wait time was 4 - 6 weeks IF a suspect had already been identified. No suspect, the timeframe was much shorter, about 2 weeks. In that same news report LE stressed that no suspect had been identified. Maybe someone has the link I'm thinking of because at the time I read it, the prioritization made sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i don't think it is a SK. i would be extremely surprised if it was. in my opinion this was done by someone locally who lived so close to the CS that they could walk home without being seen by anyone.

And the motive?

And big thanks to everyone who offered help with my quoting problem - it looks like I have gotten the hang it at long last ....!

I don't think anyone would pay much attention to a car parked at the South end of the cemetery.

IMO the cemetery is THE MOST LIKELY PLACE THAT HE PARKED. It is so close to where the bodies were found, it would of been a short walk and no one would have seen him

If he was a local he may of been on foot as if your car gets noted down as suspicious that's a very easy way to be identified.

A link I wished I'd saved.... I recall the wait time was 4 - 6 weeks IF a suspect had already been identified. No suspect, the timeframe was much shorter, about 2 weeks. In that same news report LE stressed that no suspect had been identified. Maybe someone has the link I'm thinking of because at the time I read it, the prioritization made sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes i was the one who originally posted it. Here it is.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

IMO i think it's the exact opposite, a local would be turned in by now, Delphi is such a small community everyone knows everyone, he couldn't continue to live in that community with his picture and voice out there, he would be turned in by now, i would be absolutely shocked beyond belief if the killer lived in Carroll County. I Also think it's a SK because this man has clearly killed before, he is experienced and had a murder kit with him, he knew what he was doing

IMO i think it's the exact opposite, a local would be turned in by now, Delphi is such a small community everyone knows everyone, he couldn't continue to live in that community with his picture and voice out there, he would be turned in by now, i would be absolutely shocked beyond belief if the killer lived in Carroll County. I Also think it's a SK because this man has clearly killed before, he is experienced and had a murder kit with him, he knew what he was doing
we don't know that someone has not been turned in. LE could be building their case and waiting on DNA. I would be shocked beyond belief if it was someone further away than a mile. LE silence has been deafening and they have not released any more audio or video. To me that speaks volumes. They don't need to. When was the last time they asked the public for tip??

IMO the cemetery is THE MOST LIKELY PLACE THAT HE PARKED. It is so close to where the bodies were found, it would of been a short walk and no one would have seen him

I'm prêtty much convinced that he parked at the cemetery. I'm wondering whether he saw the girls being dropped off - as that would mean that he was at the drop off location at the same time as the person who dropped off the children, or perhaps he initially had another victim in mind. Alternatively, he just happened to be looking for an easy victim that day and decided to park at the cemetery and look for an opportunity. I do think that he was at the park to abduct and murder a female victim. It's not surprising that no one saw him on the trails because I don't think he was on the trail. I think he parked, crossed the creek, crossed the private residence road, walked up the hill, and passed the girls at the SE end of the bridge. I think the reason there is video of the suspect is because after checking to see that no one else was on the bridge, he turned around and abducted the girls - and that about-face is what caught the girl's attention.

IMO, he's a local, even if not RL, and he wouldn't have caused anyone to think anything of it because they're accustomed to seeing him in the area. IMO, no car was needed.
I do agree with you but it doesn't explain why he has not been identified yet AFAWK or why his pic rolled out nationwide- unless he is a local who travels about a lot .JMO.

LE has not made a statement saying BG has or has not been identified, though I think he has. I don't find it useful to me to form an opinion based on what hasn't been said by LE, YMMV.

ETA Except the fact they haven't said RL is cleared for the murders. We will see when LE tells us what they want us to know or they make an arrest announcement.

I'm still very optimistic because the families are not criticizing LE's slow pace.

I'm prêtty much convinced that he parked at the cemetery. I'm wondering whether he saw the girls being dropped off - as that would mean that he was at the drop off location at the same time as the person who dropped off the children, or perhaps he initially had another victim in mind. Alternatively, he just happened to be looking for an easy victim that day and decided to park at the cemetery and look for an opportunity. I do think that he was at the park to abduct and murder a female victim. It's not surprising that no one saw him on the trails because I don't think he was on the trail. I think he parked, crossed the creek, crossed the private residence road, walked up the hill, and passed the girls at the SE end of the bridge. I think the reason there is video of the suspect is because after checking to see that no one else was on the bridge, he turned around and abducted the girls - and that about-face is what caught the girl's attention.

Exactly! He probably looked over his shoulder a couple of times on his way back to them, which aroused their suspicions.... Red Flag! Start the camera and recording.

Doesn't RL have a date in court tomorrow for sentencing on the PV?

we don't know that someone has not been turned in. LE could be building their case and waiting on DNA. I would be shocked beyond belief if it was someone further away than a mile. LE silence has been deafening and they have not released any more audio or video. To me that speaks volumes. They don't need to. When was the last time they asked the public for tip??

It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi

He is so calm and controlled in telling the girls to go "down the hill", giving me the impression that this is not his first time.

He is so calm and controlled in telling the girls to go "down the hill", giving me the impression that this is not his first time.

Exactly, no first time killer is going to abduct and kill two teenage girls in broad daylight, it's just not going to happen. This man has killed before I have no doubt about that, whether or not he is a SK is another matter, but I'm certain HE HAS KILLED BEFORE.

I'm with ya on this! I think he is a SK too. Le asked who is next in the PC. This tells me le suspects he may strike again.

It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi

Are you LE or former LEO who's investigated even one double homicide?

It's easy to armchair quarterback how a homicide investigation goes or should be going. I imagine they're like snowflakes in that they're all snowflakes but each is unique. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder