IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading one of the original articles when they went missing and their bodies were first found.

It said Libby's phone went dead (or was turned off) at 5:30 PM on Feb 13th

Knowing that teens keep their phones charged up most of the time (they were going for a hike) and only when you are running apps does the battery life dramatically drop. I wonder if her phone recorded THE WHOLE ORDEAL and also the sudden dead silence after they were killed?

That would explain the battery going dead so (relatively quickly) at 5:30 PM just a few hours after they went missing and when they didn't answer their phone calls from the family... "Where are you??!!"

And also, I am guessing that this is why LE was so upset at the news conference...having to listen to the actual murder and possible pleas for their lives.

What say you about that????
That's an awful thought and all I have to say ATM is "Do you have a link to that article" first? TIA

When LE said they didn't think SK why did you still hold firm to your feeling it was?

I lean towards SK or targeted.
The nagging thought about SK is why there? It's like the middle of nowhere IMO.
Unless the area has significance to him why would he be there? A local who moved and was visiting the cemetary? Or an elderly relative?

I'm on the SK bus as well. Maybe it's the type of area or the features of the area. Are there enough similarities between this case & Iowa that he could search for such a place & study it until he is familiar enough to strike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the SK bus as well. Maybe it's the type of area or the features of the area. Are there enough similarities between this case & Iowa that he could search for such a place & study it until he is familiar enough to strike?

I stayed with SK because of how calm I thought the voice was and 6000 billboards. Plus the striking similarities to Iowa. moo

I am still of the SK opinion from the beginning - that this wasn't his first rodeo, especially after LE put out so many billboards.

But then when LE said they didn't think SK, well that didn't change my mind either;

"Other possible changes in behavior or appearance — like unexpected travel or a drastic haircut — should also be considered, said Massa, adding that there’s no indication that the murders are the work of a serial killer or are connected to other homicides."

http://nypost.com/2017/02/22/slain-teen-recorded-mans-voice-before-she-was-killed/

I'm not fully convinced it is a SK, but I wouldn't be surprised either. HOWEVER, even it isn't a serial killer, I believe it is someone who has molested or assaulted children in the past. He just escalated this time to murder. I firmly believe this killer has a history.

When LE said they didn't think SK why did you still hold firm to your feeling it was?

I lean towards SK or targeted.
The nagging thought about SK is why there? It's like the middle of nowhere IMO.
Unless the area has significance to him why would he be there? A local who moved and was visiting the cemetary? Or an elderly relative?

I hold to it because all he said was that "there's no indication". YET, they rolled out 6000 billboards in 46 states. Also, in the just linked vid of the presser upthread, Carter said several things indicating that it was big - 'we need the media all across the nation' (paraphrased) Several things Carter said - "“Words tend to escape during these periods of times,” [ there have been few times in my years, etc] Carter said. “Why Libby? Why Abby? Why Delphi? Why Carroll County? Why the region, why the state, why even the nation? I say that because this is a classic example that evil lives amongst us.”

Said to me that this is not just someone who snapped . A psychopath- Evil has a plan IMO. I still think he travels - goes in, gets out, never been caught.

JMO

You didn't reply with quote but I think you are referring to the audio/video done on purpose.

99% of what is said on here can be considered insensitive IMO.

I think the possibility that the perp may have wanted this recorded is a vital clue. If it was a targeted attack he could be sending a message. If a SK it could be a signature.

When I used the word "insensitive" it's difficult to explain but what I was getting at, there's room for a whole lot of imagination, which in my opinion can easily cross the line and not serve any useful purpose.

However to the point of might've the recording occurred -- it would seem reasonable to assume anyone with the fortitude to video their killer would also identify specifically who it is, if they recognized the person/s. That would also become very strong evidence that shouldn't require weeks and months of investigation involving tips and billboards etc, in order to identify and lay charges against a suspect.

Since two months have now passed, then I'd suggest if we prescribe to the theory that Libby recorded the entire tragedy, then we must lean towards the murderer being a total stranger and whom neither of the girls recognized.

Otherwise, surely they would've revealed the persons identity by referring to that person by name "XXXXX why are you doing this?" or at the very least "I know who you are, you're so-and-so's cousin/brother/uncle/dad, etc..".

When anyone is taken by surprise and in fear, the identity of the culprit/s is often amongst the early verbal interactions. I suppose that's natural, that we'd want to know who it is, who it is who intends to harm us in order to use that information in an attempt to turn the situation around. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hold to it because all he said was that "there's no indication". YET, they rolled out 6000 billboards in 46 states. Also, in the just linked vid of the presser upthread, Carter said several things indicating that it was big - 'we need the media all across the nation' (paraphrased) Several things Carter said - "“Words tend to escape during these periods of times,” [ there have been few times in my years, etc] Carter said. “Why Libby? Why Abby? Why Delphi? Why Carroll County? Why the region, why the state, why even the nation? I say that because this is a classic example that evil lives amongst us.”

Said to me that this is not just someone who snapped . A psychopath- Evil has a plan IMO. I still think he travels - goes in, gets out, never been caught.

JMO

100% agree this isn't someone who just "snapped".
I can't get past that area must have some significance.
Who would be out there and why.
If we can figure that out we may have a clue to who this person is.

Exactly what i have been thinking, her phone was right there and was recording until it went dead. Jmo

The ? Is what kind of phone and if on audio/video is left on how long would it take to run the charge down. Jmo

I was reading one of the original articles when they went missing and their bodies were first found.

It said Libby's phone went dead (or was turned off) at 5:30 PM on Feb 13th

Knowing that teens keep their phones charged up most of the time (they were going for a hike) and only when you are running apps does the battery life dramatically drop. I wonder if her phone recorded THE WHOLE ORDEAL and also the sudden dead silence after they were killed?

That would explain the battery going dead so (relatively quickly) at 5:30 PM just a few hours after they went missing and when they didn't answer their phone calls from the family... "Where are you??!!"

And also, I am guessing that this is why LE was so upset at the news conference...having to listen to the actual murder and possible pleas for their lives.

What say you about that????

JMO

You have a good point Steleheart!

There must be some signature that this is a particular SK. And this was their big chance (since they had video) to catch him while the trail was hot.

I'm still mostly a lurker and am not totally sure how to navigate these ever-changing threads but I drove by the side entrance to the trail last night and it's got a new huge, metal barrier where, up until recently, they allowed people to park at. This entrance is approximately a 5 minute walk away from the bridge and could only really fit up to about 3 cars before people would have to start parking on the road. My hubby guesses that it is actually private property and maybe the amount of cars wanting to park there has increased since the murders so they blocked it off.

Hi peeps! I'm behind in these threads. Can someone give me any idea if there is any new developments or where I should start reading from to get updated? I was reading abit last night and something about a Kara? Who is this? Thanks!

I'm up in the air on a lot of things about this case, like if he's done this before or is a SK, if he's a SA, etc. The only things I have formed an opinion on, at this time, are: I don't believe either murder was an accident. I believe whether he's murdered anyone before or not - these crimes are something BG has been capable of for a long time, if not always, because he's evil and I feel that Libby & Abby were in the wrong place/wrong time. If they hadn't been there that day.. if there had been just a lone female out for a hike, I think we'd probably be discussing her murder instead.

jmo

When I used the word "insensitive" it's difficult to explain but what I was getting at, there's room for a whole lot of imagination, which in my opinion can easily cross the line and not serve any useful purpose.

However to the point of might've the recording occurred -- it would seem reasonable to assume anyone with the fortitude to video their killer would also identify specifically who it is, if they recognized the person/s. That would also become very strong evidence that shouldn't require weeks and months of investigation involving tips and billboards etc, in order to identify and lay charges against a suspect.

Since two months have now passed, then I'd suggest if we prescribe to the theory that Libby recorded the entire tragedy, then we must lean towards the murderer being a total stranger and whom neither of the girls recognized.

Otherwise, surely they would've revealed the persons identity by referring to that person by name "XXXXX why are you doing this?" or at the very least "I know who you are, you're so-and-so's cousin/brother/uncle/dad, etc..".

When anyone is taken by surprise and in fear, the identity of the culprit/s is often amongst the early verbal interactions. I suppose that's natural, that we'd want to know who it is, who it is who intends to harm us in order to use that information in an attempt to turn the situation around. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I respect your opinions, but a double murder takes a lot more than a single piece of evidence, even an audio/video recording, to get a conviction that will stick.

It's going to take as long as it takes for LE to investigate and present their case to the DA. They have already indicated this case is complex.

You have a good point Steleheart!

There must be some signature that this is a particular SK. And this was their big chance (since they had video) to catch him while the trail was hot.

I am thinking it's someone who knew one of the girls in an distant kind of way (friend of a friend etc) that found out plans and stalked them there..evil with a mask in public. Still who and why is missing!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I'm still mostly a lurker and am not totally sure how to navigate these ever-changing threads but I drove by the side entrance to the trail last night and it's got a new huge, metal barrier where, up until recently, they allowed people to park at. This entrance is approximately a 5 minute walk away from the bridge and could only really fit up to about 3 cars before people would have to start parking on the road. My hubby guesses that it is actually private property and maybe the amount of cars wanting to park there has increased since the murders so they blocked it off.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_9f53101a-199f-11e7-b5f4-a3a21ffea83d.html

I'm up in the air on a lot of things about this case, like if he's done this before or is a SK, if he's a SA, etc. The only things I have formed an opinion on, at this time, are: I don't believe either murder was an accident. I believe whether he's murdered anyone before or not - these crimes are something BG has been capable of for a long time, if not always, because he's evil and I feel that Libby & Abby were in the wrong place/wrong time. If they hadn't been there that day.. if there had been just a lone female out for a hike, I think we'd probably be discussing her murder instead.

jmo

BBM

This is where my knowledge of SK's fails me. These were young teens.
Would the perp have gone after an older woman?
Was the fact he took TWO an important signature?

Hi peeps! I'm behind in these threads. Can someone give me any idea if there is any new developments or where I should start reading from to get updated? I was reading abit last night and something about a Kara? Who is this? Thanks!

Nothing new. No news, no new ideas, no new theories.

I don't know Kara.

I think the perpetrator found him a good spot to do this. Knew the trail was a dead end at the south side and knew it was secluded. He found the perfect spot. Knew he could walk them down and back to the side he came from without being seen...very hard to do that most places. Maybe he hung around for days...and when the perfect time came, he acted.

He knew he could look back behind him facing north of the bridge and see if anyone was coming. When he saw the coast was clear, he walked his victim(s) to the very end and down the hill.

IMO, the path he chose was so extremely secluded, yet allowed him to escape.

The fact that LE brought all these resources in immediately, tells me it matches (in some way) maybe the Iowa girls murders and again, they need to solve this since they have video and audio evidence.

Is it possible that the initial encounter was one of mistaken identity? Perhaps one of the girls resembles someone else, like an older sister, aunt or cousin albeit when they were a bit younger?

I know we don't sleuth family members and I am not suggesting that we do, but I get a sinking feeling that one of the girls was mistaken for someone else that was known to BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en