IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a strong chance they do have all of the crime on audio and probably at least a bit more video. Some of those officers must have seen a lot in 30 year careers. And it wasn't just local, it was state and FBI. moo

Which leads me to my next scenario that the perp wanted it recorded. If he was watching them prior even for a few minutes he would have seen Libby using her phone. IMO

I was reading one of the original articles when they went missing and their bodies were first found.

It said Libby's phone went dead (or was turned off) at 5:30 PM on Feb 13th

Knowing that teens keep their phones charged up most of the time (they were going for a hike) and only when you are running apps does the battery life dramatically drop. I wonder if her phone recorded THE WHOLE ORDEAL and also the sudden dead silence after they were killed?

That would explain the battery going dead so (relatively quickly) at 5:30 PM just a few hours after they went missing and when they didn't answer their phone calls from the family... "Where are you??!!"

And also, I am guessing that this is why LE was so upset at the news conference...having to listen to the actual murder and possible pleas for their lives.

What say you about that????

Based on the reactions of LE, I'd say it sounds very plausible. I hate that LEOs had to watch and listen to that, if they did, but to the investigators it has to be a critical piece of evidence that's probably fairly rare.

and that link diddn't work. I had to find it by searching Atty Robert T Ives on 3/28:gaah:

Maybe Tricia or a mod can verify the text that Beer posted is legit so it doesn't get removed even though the link expires.

Even if this were true, in my opinion it's too insensitive to speculate to any great degree about. The only evidence it might bring would be to prove it was a total stranger who gave no clues to his identity. Otherwise if either of the girls recognized who it was, they'd have been wise enough to ensure once the video was discovered, his identity was known and LE might've already made an arrest or had addition information to offer while asking for tips, in addition to "down the hill" and a grainy photo.

I think there is a strong chance they do have all of the crime on audio and probably at least a bit more video. Some of those officers must have seen a lot in 30 year careers. And it wasn't just local, it was state and FBI. moo

Which leads me to my next scenario that the perp wanted it recorded. If he was watching them prior even for a few minutes he would have seen Libby using her phone. IMO

And to go a step further with this line of thinking, perhaps that could be the "twist".
Do we think maybe the perp left a message to LE?

To taunt law enforcement and create general fear? If he did it purposely that might prompt 6000 billboards.

JMO

Even if this were true, in my opinion it's too insensitive to speculate to any great degree about. The only evidence it might bring would be to prove it was a total stranger who gave no clues to his identity. Otherwise if either of the girls recognized who it was, they'd have been wise enough to ensure once the video was discovered, his identity was known and LE might've already made an arrest or had addition information to offer while asking for tips, in addition to "down the hill" and a grainy photo.

You didn't reply with quote but I think you are referring to the audio/video done on purpose.

99% of what is said on here can be considered insensitive IMO.

I think the possibility that the perp may have wanted this recorded is a vital clue. If it was a targeted attack he could be sending a message. If a SK it could be a signature.

and that link diddn't work. I had to find it by searching Atty Robert T Ives on 3/28:gaah:

Ahh that makes sense, I thought it didn't work for me because I'm outside the US.. which is often the case

To taunt law enforcement and create general fear? If he did it purposely that might prompt 6000 billboards.

JMO

Possible, but IMO it's more probable he was either unaware she had captured it or he's not technically adept enough to destroy it. Even if he made an attempt to discard or damage the phone I'm sure the state or FBI crime lab could extract plenty from Libby's phone if they've recovered it. I'm not sure how much would be on Libby's cell phone provider's servers or however they store data related to accounts.

So, after all of this time I was wondering has anyone's theory's changed dramatically with all of the different discussions?

I know that I started at the beginning of a rollercoaster, rode all of the peaks and dips, and now I'm back at the gate realising that my initial impressions are still the same.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Good morning, my friends. Hoping today is the day for our girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible, but IMO it's more probable he was either unaware she had captured it or he's not technically adept enough to destroy it. Even if he made an attempt to discard or damage the phone I'm sure the state or FBI crime lab could extract plenty from Libby's phone if they've recovered it. I'm not sure how much would be in Libby's cell phone provider's servers or however they store data related to accounts.

Is your theory based on your previous comments about the PO or in general?
I don't see one theory or the other as being probable IMO.

So, after all of this time I was wondering has anyone's theory's changed dramatically with all of the different discussions?

I know that I started at the beginning of a rollercoaster, rode all of the peaks and dips, and now I'm back at the gate realising that my initial impressions are still the same.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hate roller coasters. I've thought serial killer all along and that he possibly killed the Iowa girls. moo

What's the expiry time? I think that's the issue people are having with trying to view it.

In my experience from viewing and saving links to court docs, they often expire, docs can be amended or they're deleted entirely.
i just opened the link above and viewed the case. I searched for it by case number just a few minutes ago so it should not be expired.

i just opened the link above and view the case. I searched for it by case number just a few minutes ago so it should not be expired.

It seems the link is inoperable after a certain period of time. Beer linked last night but it seemed to have expired by this morning.

Based on the reactions of LE, I'd say it sounds very plausible. I hate that LEOs had to watch and listen to that, if they did, but to the investigators it has to be a critical piece of evidence that's probably fairly rare.

Yes, it's one thing to watch a static closed circuit video with no audio of a crime... but a personal recording with audio of two girls with one of their phones possibly as as they are actually being murdered.... has got to be gut wrenching and really hard to watch, even for people who deal with this kind of crime all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en