IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you aren't making good points, however, have you read the criteria for a probable cause SW in a homicide investigation?

I'm NOT telling anyone RL is or isn't involved. But the PC SW is alarming.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
After seeing all the search warrants, and all the people who had their names on them, that we know about, in the Missy Bevers murder, I now think any and everyone seems to be fair game when investigating a murder. The landowner being served some is no surprise to me, and I'd be more surprised if he didn't have one or more served. It doesn't alarm me at all. This guy was trying to cover his own butt for driving and drinking and never considered he would be a suspect in a double homicide, IMO. A search warrant isn't as hard as people think they are to obtain. I have seen some that just made me scratch my head and say "Huh?" As someone said in a very early thread, the judge would likely sign off on one even if it was written in crayon.

I respect that's your opinion, but I don't believe that's the case at all. I wholeheartedly believe that LE has zero doubt that BG and RL are not same person.

Like I've said before, If BG is RL, I'll hang up my sleuthing hat--forever. (I'll also go to the eye doctor. Lol)

YMMV and MOO

I completely agree, which makes me wonder are LE playing BG to a degree? In an attempt to rattle his cage maybe smoke him out of hiding by using RL?

Some SK are proud of what they have done and don't want others taking credit for their crimes. Perhaps BG is seething at all the negative attention on RL, I'm not saying BG wants to be caught just maybe that he doesn't want anyone else to be. Maybe LE are somewhat taunting BG with RL and hoping he will make some noise or send a letter and trip up to prove he is still at large.

I'm from Australia and our Police officers have gone to extreme lengths to catch Child Killers. I really hope there's more going on behind the scenes than has been portrayed and an arrest is made.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My original question was what would be the motive for RL?
And I asked that because so many have decided he is involved.

We don't really know what the motive for any person of interest would be based on what we know yet.

In the past several threads, we have imagined and speculated many possible motives for RL, the neighbor/searcher who found them, someone who wanted to buy the land, someone in a feud with the families, someone caught in an affair or drug deal, RSOs, SKs etc.

It's not hard to think of a reason (or twenty) any of them *could* have done it. It's just hard to find any info that would help verify it.

I wonder if LE will release more audio, like they stated in a pressers early on? It was more or less saying they hope they don't have to.

IMO, I think they have to. They should at least update the public, it can be done without giving the whole cow away. We have a killer of barely teen girls on the loose, who can be anywhere at this point.

I see see there has not been anything new going on. Sad

A solid alibi will often out weigh other evidence, such as DNA, so in the course of the investigation, LE will need to prove the alibi false, find other physical evidence, etc, to build an entire case. Sometimes they may know without much doubt who their perpetrator is, but it may take months or even years to either get an eyewitness, a confession(often after the perp committs another crime to which there is no question about their guilt), and sometimes an arrest just never comes because they know they don't have enough to convict.
Good point!
Hmm... yet people are often aren't they?
If DNA is found after a sexual assault and murder, a suspect is questioned and denies any sexual contact with the victim yet his DNA is recovered and a match, don't they usually take it to a grand jury and move forward?

How else does one explain how his DNA got inside of someone else?
I remember a set of twins with the same DNA, obviously one of them was the killer, but I don't remember how that played out or of either was ever found guilty.

Just thinking out loud! MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I respect that's your opinion, but I don't believe that's the case at all. I wholeheartedly believe that LE has zero doubt that BG and RL are not same person.

Like I've said before, If BG is RL, I'll hang up my sleuthing hat--forever. (I'll also go to the eye doctor. Lol)

YMMV and MOO

Well I've needed to go to the eye doctor for some time now but I'm still in denial!!! ;)

Hmmm. I took LE's statement to mean no one has come forward to claim the man in the photo is them or to answer their questions about what BG was doing/saw there.

So in my humble opinion, BG could still be any one of the people they talked to in the course of fielding tips or interviewing locals or serving search warrants, but no one has yet *admitted* to being BG.
For obvious reasons. Just a different take, friends.:)

Interesting article on March 14th.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

I wonder if LE will release more audio, like they stated in a pressers early on? It was more or less saying they hope they don't have to.

IMO, I think they have to. They should at least update the public, it can be done without giving the whole cow away. We have a killer of barely teen girls on the loose, who can be anywhere at this point.

I see see there has not been anything new going on. Sad

Because LE aren't saying anything is a good sign, IMO. Cases that are stalling, they are in front of the press urgently asking for help from the public.

I'm glad you mentioned the guy in black. I've wondered about this, too - shedding clothes that may have blood or other evidence and calmly walking away in different clothes. Does anyone know if the "man in black" ever came forward to LE? I'm not asking for him to be identified here, just curious to know if LE was ever to confirm who it was and speak to them.

We're not sure he was real. The person interviewed said she heard it from others and said it may be rumor.'
"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls.
http://www.wthr.com/article/memorial-grows-as-police-continue-search-for-delphi-girls-killer

Interesting article on March 14th.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

Exactly.

As I mentioned a little earlier, Jeffrey Willis here in Michigan was named and interviewed by police but his story convinced them not to investigate him further.

It's too bad for future victims they didn't look into him further at the time.

I hope police are able to spot any frauds among those interviewed in this case as well.

I was staring at the pictures again today ( is anybody surprised that I am still obsessing about those photos?) and I really noticed how ill-fitting that blue jacket is. It looks to me that BG is much thinner than he seems at first glance. The jacket seems to be pulled down from the shoulders (you can see the strain on the material), and big around the middle, but not overweight bigness but from the jacket being full and weighed down by something in the front.

That is just what I am seeing. Today, anyway.

It has always been my opinion from the start that the sagging of the jacket on BG's shoulders is a sign of loss of musculature in that area...that jacket would have fit him better 30 years ago. JMO.

Just a thought: what if BG sounds so calm because that was the earliest interaction and it wasn't aggressive at that stage? Is it possible that if the girls were there to take photos that maybe he was coming over and offered (or asked?) to take a picture of the girls together? That's certainly something that I used to do and have been asked to do by perfect strangers who want a group photo... could 'down the hill' have been a suggestion and that was when Libby got suspicious? Maybe the girls refused and it got ugly with BG from then on?

I was staring at the pictures again today ( is anybody surprised that I am still obsessing about those photos?) and I really noticed how ill-fitting that blue jacket is. It looks to me that BG is much thinner than he seems at first glance. The jacket seems to be pulled down from the shoulders (you can see the strain on the material), and big around the middle, but not overweight bigness but from the jacket being full and weighed down by something in the front.

That is just what I am seeing. Today, anyway.

p.s. That "fullness" weighing the jacket down in the front is a big belly ;)

I just can't get my head around this, from lack of of a motive to the things le isn't making public. Not saying who was suppose to pick them up to
not releasing cod. I live In Pittsburgh and can't remember a murder in this town where they didnt say cod. Something strange about it all/

Because LE aren't saying anything is a good sign, IMO. Cases that are stalling, they are in front of the press urgently asking for help from the public.

and yet no arrest

I can only get behind that for so long, no disrespect intended.
At a time I thought okay well maybe that's true. There are times when the public just needs more info to help and keep their own girls safe too.

I agree with you, they either know who it is and are building a case or they have come to a dead end/

My original question was what would be the motive for RL?
And I asked that because so many have decided he is involved.

It's hard to determine a motive when we know so few facts. If we knew if there was a sexual assault/s, the method of murder, was there staging, were they posed, defense wounds, anything that might give us a clue to what happened, then maybe we could garner a motive.

When I read investigators carried arm loads of evidence out of his house, I guessed they had reason enough to suspect him. So it goes...

Hmmm. I took LE's statement to mean no one has come forward to claim the man in the photo is them or to answer their questions about what BG was doing/saw there.

So in my humble opinion, BG could still be any one of the people they talked to in the course of fielding tips or interviewing locals or serving search warrants, but no one has yet *admitted* to being BG.
For obvious reasons. Just a different take, friends.:)

LE has even said that "likely" have talked to suspect during the course of their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper