IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he kill someone with his car in his original offence? I didn't know that.

No, but he was playing Russian roulette with other peoples' lives by habitually driving under the influence. I'm glad he's finally being made to pay after blowing the leniency that probation allowed. No one held a gun to his head and forced him to drink and drive or even drive without consuming alcohol. He was not permitted to drive. Period. Or consume alcohol. Period. Yet he did both, and who knows how many times he's done so without getting caught. IMO

I am seen a couple of people discuss a photo that has, in their words, not been altered that shows BG and rL together.
with all due respect, if there is a photo with them together, it has been altered and there is no way to determine if it is the correct proportion or not.
In respect to his sentencing, I hope that they gave him the punishment because they know he is guilty (eta of murder) When there are people that kill their children "by child abuse" and get only probation for two years… That kind of puts it in perspective. Those people will likely get out after only a year if that. This man is likely to spend the rest of his days in jail. For all of those judging, I am almost certain that there are many of you breaking the law here and there. Do you ever speed in your car? That is dangerous and can kill people. Judgment is a dangerous thing. All my opinion.

[video=twitter;851469248878833664]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/851469248878833664[/video]

Rich Van Wyk‏@VanwykWTHR 7m
7 minutes ago

It's been 2 months since Libby German & Abby Williams were abducted and killed. We're in Delphi with the latest on the investigation #wthr

I can read into it. Refusing to take responsibility for his violating laws and probation and blaming the murders landing in his backyard for his troubles. IMO He broke the law, whether he got caught as an aside to the law breaking.

I also wonder about the obstruction charge being dropped if the prosecutor didn't want to have to reveal more than they're prepared to at this time. JMO

Interesting idea!

He's blown the leniency he was given with probation by violating the terms. How many chances does or should someone get before they're allowed to kill someone? I don't care if it's addiction because I don't want him or anyone like him on my roads with my family. IMO
I don't see that RL will ever stop drinking and driving. Denial plays huge here.....and at his age? I can't help but think he has no desire to give up the booze. And you have to want to change.

I don't know why they didn't take his keys and impound the truck
3 years ago. Part of his consternation probably results
from uneven enforcement of his prior probations. (Even though he was at fault. But I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He's blown the leniency he was given with probation by violating the terms. How many chances does or should someone get before they're allowed to kill someone? I don't care if it's addiction because I don't want him or anyone like him on my roads with my family. IMO

BBM

I think I can safely say than none of us do either Bemused.

He may not be on the road but there are plenty who are who will take his place and do so every day. Heck, just listen to the number of members here who have confessed to having a DUI/OWI etc.

I'm not excusing what he did. Only stating that there needs to be a better way to deal with those with addictions.

From personal experience dealing with the court system I can say it is screwed up. A real broken mess.

Maybe that judge saved someone else from death at the willful habitual offender's future thumbing his nose at the law. He got a deal with probation and he didn't keep his side of that deal. Why would getting an ankle bracelet stop his habitual offending? He can't keep his promises and the public should demand habitual offenders be punished for their behavior. IMO

I certainly think that he had some form of punishment coming but the ankle bracelet would have been a just enough sentence in my mind. You have zero freedom but to be in your home. And given that he has farm animals, that would allow him to continue that. I am sure that there would have been other requirements to go along with that.

A 78 year old man in prison? I cannot help that I feel for the man a little.

Sounds to me like he thinks someone wanted him out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An easier, and less horrific, way would have been just to report his driving; a probation violation.

You and others are right.

However, he was not charged with drunk driving as part of his VP. He was charged with driving to the recycling center, having his truck and having a drink at the Pizza place. NO drunk driving involved that we're aware of. He simply broke his probation.

If he goes into general population, I'm pretty sure he'll wish he had done things differently. I'm surprised that the judge would hand down such a harsh sentence knowing how publicized the murder has been.

Sounds to me like he thinks someone wanted him out of the way.

Sounds to me like he's insinuating he's been targeted unfairly by LE because two dead girls were found on his property.

But, this guy has been digging a hole for himself for quite some time now.

Should've just kept his nose clean IMO and he wouldn't be looking at three years of prison.

No.

If a nice old man chooses to drink and drive habitually, is charged three times, and does not take his recovery seriously, he should not be free to drive the same roads as my small children.

Allowing him to take their lives or the lives of other precious little ones if he continued to ignore the courts would be the true injustice.

I think it is more important to our loved ones to find the murderer of these girls rather than imprison felons who have not hurt anyone and could be tagged instead. We will all disagree on this obviously.

No.

If a nice old man chooses to drink and drive habitually, is charged three times, and does not take his recovery seriously, he should not be free to drive the same roads as my small children.

Allowing him to take their lives or the lives of other precious little ones if he continued to ignore the courts would be the true injustice.

I know you don't mean that your small children drive but an ankle monitor would keep him home and not driving. IF he is an alcoholic, which is not proven but has been speculated then he has a disease and we do not imprison people who have illnesses. I am disgusted. This so-called community surely didn't stand up to assist this 75 year old man when he couldn't drive. Couldn't someone have collected his trash - out of basic kindness?

What happens to his beloved horses, goats and dog? Who will care for them? Who will care for his farm and home? An ankle monitor would serve the intended result - to keep him from driving even when his alcoholic brain tells him to do so.

There are better ways to accomplish the goal. Force the sale of his vehicle, arrange for trash pickup to his home, ankle monitor, etc. This punishment is entirely too severe and he will likely die in jail after a long, productive and peaceful life. NO!.

I really wish LE would give an update about the murder investigation :(.

He should still have his retirement pensions still coming in so hopefully that will cover his costs. He has family so perhaps they will help get the house ready for rental and that would more than help, I hope.

What about his little doggy?

Maybe this isn't it for him. Maybe he knows something/someone that he wouldn't give up. Maybe they're playing hardball to show them they're dead serious. This is what you get for not cooperating and giving us what we want, now that you see that- maybe you want to deal?

"ron logan who owns land where two Delphi girls murdered gets 3.5 years for driving crimes but is not deaths suspect"

Looking forward to more on that statement in the hopes the discussion here can ease away from comparing him to BG.
JMO

I don't see that RL will ever stop drinking and driving. Denial plays huge here.....and at his age? I can't help but think he has no desire to give up the booze. And you have to want to change.

I don't know why they didn't take his keys and impound the truck
3 years ago. Part of his consternation probably results
from uneven enforcement of his prior probations. (Even though he was at fault. But I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Take his keys and impound the truck like he could't get access to another? That's why he's sentenced to 3.5 years. The laws are on the books in Indiana and the judge sentenced him within the law as he should have.

Should we show leniency to a mentally ill SK? I'm no doctor but I'd think anyone who killed multiple people is sick in the head. Does that excuse their callously taking the lives of others? Not in my world. IMO

I totally agree with this. I sort of thought, and hoped, that's what would be what the sentence would be.

IMO and humble experience, sometimes judges give very harsh sentences to defendants to really get their attention (like hitting them in the head with a 2X4), and some months later, through a Motion for Resentencing filed by their lawyer, actually reduce their sentence. For example, from prison to home confinement with an ankle bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb