IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what time the coroner removed the girls from the crime scene? I haven't seen anything as to time. TIA.

Also, IIRC, the CSIs were back again on the 15th at the scene, I believe. Did they wrap up on the 15th?

TIA

“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself.

“Everybody’s thinking he’s the guy. He doesn’t even fit the description at all,” said a neighbor named Angie who fought back tears after the sentencing. “People on social media cannot understand even though law enforcement has said over and over that he is not a suspect, not connected to the murders, and why he’s in jail but they don’t accept that. They keep saying he’s in jail because of that.”

Police have released a photograph, snapped by Libby on her cellphone, of a younger man in blue jeans approaching them on the trail. Investigators are awaiting DNA test lab results being conducted by the FBI to conclusively link that suspect to the murders.

Logan cooperated with detectives and reporters in the days after the bodies were found on his land and that notoriety may have played a role in community awareness of his driving in violation of the court’s orders.

“Probably,” said the neighbor, “I mean, all eyes are on him right now because he’s the property owner.

“I think he was very stressed over that,” she said, “and upset and he probably did need a beer. I would.”

read:http://fox59.com/2017/04/10/delphi-...early-four-years-in-jail-for-traffic-charges/

Judge Fouts noted previous leniency in sentencing Logan to probation and other alternative terms.

“I know he’s had chances before,” said Angie, “but I think with support we could have made sure that he wasn’t going to have a vehicle, we could have made sure that he needed to go where he needed to go.”

Logan’s sentence includes 22 months to serve on his original probation violation plus another two years after his guilty pleas as a habitual traffic violator, though Judge Fouts indicated he is free to appeal the consecutive sentences.

“You’re a danger to this community,” said the judge.

Logan received 31 days credit for the time he served without bond in the Carroll County Jail since his arrest.

read:http://fox59.com/2017/04/10/delphi-...early-four-years-in-jail-for-traffic-charges/

8-weeks after the murder of Delphi teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams, police say are still getting about 100 new tips every day.

Two dozen detectives are working the case. Investigators insist they are making progress, measured in baby steps.

Did you think it would be solved by now? By now I was sure hoping so. I really did,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

(Snip)

Many Delphi residents are reluctant to talk publicly about the crime.

Privately they said, hearts are still broken, they are on guard for trouble and are waiting for justice.

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-continue-to-come-in-8-weeks-after-delphi-double-murder

8-weeks after the murder of Delphi teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams, police say are still getting about 100 new tips every day.

Two dozen detectives are working the case. Investigators insist they are making progress, measured in baby steps.

Did you think it would be solved by now? By now I was sure hoping so. I really did,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

(Snip)

Many Delphi residents are reluctant to talk publicly about the crime.

Privately they said, hearts are still broken, they are on guard for trouble and are waiting for justice.

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-continue-to-come-in-8-weeks-after-delphi-double-murder

That news article is not confidence inspiring.

At least RL has some neighbors who care about him...glad to see that. Hope they are making sure his animals have new homes. I am feeling sad for his little dog.

As far as the investigation...does not sound promising right now.

<mod snip>

Goodnight folks....Today basically sucked.

RIP Carlos! We'll miss you. :rose: (los2188)

Please forgive my earlier out burst. Some things really irk me. Like flat out prejudice. I had to take a walk to calm myself down, and I thank Tricia, who is always so much more patient and understanding than I am.
When I was new in the forums, I used to get so very upset when people had a suspect that I thought was being unfairly accused. But I have learned over the years that we mean no harm, and no harm comes to the people that we sleuth because we take great care not to let it. I cannot rule out RL until I am sure that LE has gotten back the results of the testing done on the items seized under search warrant. They said 3 to 6 weeks. I will give them six weeks, and then I expect that they will clear RL, or arrest him. And I do believe they would clear him publicly, because I remember they have said that early on they questioned sex offenders in the area and cleared them. They know what a hot topic of speculation RL has become, and I do think if the evidence does not pan out that they will tell us he has been cleared.
Anyhow, I am off tonight, too. The loss of Los is somewhat overwhelming. He was such a kind soul.

Was it confirmed that someone was to pick the girls up, rather than them walking somewhere else or to someone's house at the end of their hike? I ask because this article states "They were supposed to meet with family members later Monday evening, but when the teens didn&#8217;t show up, and that&#8217;s when their family called police."
https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/amp/

i believe it was libby's sister..the same one who dropped them off.. will have to hunt for exact ref but I think thats what i read from a fellow poster on this site

Some information I would find useful: how do you access Monon High Bridge? I'm aware of four ways. By foot on a trail from Freedom Bridge, by private road (now closed) from W 300 N, by N 625 W (which has been referred to as a private drive but Google Maps refers to that as a point of access) and now otto has directed us to a path from the cemetery. Are all those legitimate routes?

Wait. How can DNA results link an unidentified man in a picture to anything?

Police have released a photograph, snapped by Libby on her cellphone, of a younger man in blue jeans approaching them on the trail. Investigators are awaiting DNA test lab results being conducted by the FBI to conclusively link that suspect to the murders.

&#8220;Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,&#8221; Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself.

I am throwing my hat in the ring with others that have expressed a similar opinion, but that comment totally rubs me the wrong way. I feel as though he is blaming his incarceration on the girls' murders. Like, well, if it weren't for them getting killed then I wouldn't be in jail! No, dude, you got arrested because you broke the law. Yes, LE might have scrutinized you MORE because of their deaths but the fact remains that you STILL violated probation.

I don't know how I feel about RL. I don't lean one way or the other. I think he resembles BG but I can also see how he doesn't. I think that even if he's not directly involved, he could still know something. I am leaving all my options open at this point, content with the fact that the more I find out, the less I know.

Still...I don't like that comment. Yes, maybe in the future there won't be anymore dead bodies found on or near your property. And maybe in the future you'll think more closely about your actions and the consequences they hold. (IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.)

Wait. How can DNA results link an unidentified man in a picture to anything?

Police are awaiting lab results to (hopefully) identify the perpetrator. It won't work if they don't have his DNA on file.

That's cheeky! Get us discussing your theories and leave us in the middle!

Sorry about that ... really wanted to continue with the discussion.

Just going through the comments from early this morning - thank you for the links to water levels then and later, as well as link to footage from helicopter of searchers walking in water and not really getting wet, and confirmation that the water is more shallow near the bridge.

I'll see if I can find anything in relation to a meat packing plant and sales.

Also appreciated the confirmation that it is possible to park a vehicle or motorcycle at the South end of the cemetery such that it would not be easily visible from the road.

I too think it's possible that he watched the girls cross the bridge and waited until they were towards the SE end of the bridge to make himself known.

3.5 years in prison is definitely excessive for driving while under probation - but law is law.

Anyone else curious why LE said the voice may not be BGs? I believe a few of us read that and not to be repetitive but, maybe they hid and the recorded voice didn't show BG saying the words because he possible told an inaudible voiced person where the girls ran? Just speculating and IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member