IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To have the wherewithall when you're ... she probably was just as afraid as all get out, I can't imagine how scared she would have been at that time

This makes it sound like something has gone on before she took that video imo

Why would Libby of been so afraid ?

Also after reading these quotes I want to know what Abby was doing , everything is about what Libby did. I am finding it quite intriguing that Abby is not mentioned.

Had BG done something to Abby hence Libby being able to record him ?!

This case has lots of people theorizing, thinking, dreaming. It's driving lots bat chit crazy. We seem to have so much yet not enough. Jmo

We all want justice to be served against whomever is responsible for murdering these girls. But -- is it safe to say? -- we also do not want innocent persons to be accused of the crimes. Just because something can be said, doesn't mean it should be said, especially in a public forum. Sometimes discretion is the better part of honor. WS has always tried to protect the innocent while pursuing justice for the victims. Problem is it's so easy to insinuate someone else's guilt. Why not exercise more restraint, knowing we have access to just a sliver of the evidence? People like Marcus Harper, for example, would probably appreciate the restraint. I sure hope what was done to him is not done to other innocent people.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?64668-POI-Marcus-Harper

The investigator, Gary Rothwell, who has since retired, told The Telegraph recently that he regrets that some people who have not been cleared as possible suspects "are twisting in the wind." Small-town gossip and speculation have prompted finger-pointing over the years. "What really bothers me about this is how unfair this case is," Rothwell said. "To everyone involved. Obviously to Tara and her family, but also unfair to many other people whose lives have been scrutinized. ... Irresponsible public accusations have been made about them, and they have no way to respond or defend themselves. And it's frustrating that we don't have evidence to rule anyone in or out."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html#storylink=cpy

I think it would be difficult for anyone, but especially children, to know that this person was possibly going to be as dangerous as he turned out to be. Recognizing someone seems "weird" or gives you the creeps, doesn't usually make us think "this person might kill us". It's amazing that Liberty's instincts were as keen as they were; she obviously recognized something was wrong. Calling her a "hero" for this is probably an understatement. Calling her family, or even 911 may not have changed the outcome that day. In the movie you mentioned(all fiction obviously), that girl had grown up with a father was privy to elements of society most people never consider, and had trained his daughter from a young age to be vigilant(although she still made "kid" choices, obviously). The fact that Liberty was able to get video and audio in this situation may be what helps bring this subhuman perpetrator to justice. Had she used that time to attempt a call, LE may have had even less evidence to go on. JMO

I kind of wonder why they didn't call a parent or family member? Obviously I have no idea what situation they were in, but it reminds me of the movie taken.. when she shouts out all the features of the man before shes kidnapped, to help identify him. Maybe they thought he was no real threat? It really makes me wonder :( My friend and I used to hike and walk through the woods as kids, this is really heart breaking.

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST IN THE THREAD.

DO NOT POST RANDOM SEX OFFENDERS OR CRIMINALS AND SUGGEST THEY ARE SUSPECTS.

If you are new to Websleuths please KnoW we do not allow posters to name random people as possible suspects.

Read the rules http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,
Tricia

I remember that comment.

But we were looking for an indication from LE that the girls had prior contact with BG that day.

Yes, I know, sorry I should have been more specific at what I was getting at. (I feel so bad for all of you who have to read my posts because they are always come across as a confusing word salad brain dump that is rushed because I have a subpar phone and an even slower computer. ) I just meant that there is evidence of other mentions of scary encounters with other men there recently, and maybe Libby and Abby also did too. Maybe not even from that same day, perhaps they recognized BG from previous time(s)..."Oh no, look, here comes that weirdo guy again we saw last ___, that did ____ last time" or something to that effect.... I just hope every local who has ever ever ever had any kind of uncomfortable/unnerving/scary encounter in that town has come forward to bring up their experiences. They may not even think its related to the case, especially if it was not even recently, it may be because "their creep" didnt look enough like the grainy BG photo guy.. The photo of BG is so poor quality they may not even realize its the same guy... Ok I am babbling now... Hitting send now so this might appear in the next hour or so lol

The first pic shows a trailer, not a car, and looks to me like it is the same one shown at this sign...

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_9f53101a-199f-11e7-b5f4-a3a21ffea83d.html

edited to add: http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/170216_nwo_indiana_murders_MIX_16x9_992.jpg

You might be right about that first picture. I know that there is some tape to the left of the sign but then the picture must have been taken a good distance, which would put them across the road, near that house.

I wonder why that spot has tape then? It is not blocking the entrance or anything so I wonder what they found there.

I got it with the first link but did you have to go back add another to make me feel worse? :tears:waaaaaaaaaagh! :fence:

Are you referring to the volunteer who found the girls? All I've seen in articles is it was a neighbor.

At about the thirteen minute mark, the agent-in-charge says there was a FBI agent who volunteered during the search. moo

They had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out. Authorities told volunteers they didn’t want to chance contaminating the scene.

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

Soooooo my question is if searchers were told to stay out of the area the girls were missing from how is it a neighbor found them?

Maybe they were just told to stay off the bridge area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something that has been bothering me for weeks is the seam or snap in BG's jacket in both pictures. I have looked at hundreds of jacket images and cannot figure out this detail. There is no visible zipper or snap tops but that pinch is clearly there. This appears to be an older windbreaker perhaps purchased at a thrift store. Screen shot 2017-04-11 at 9.46.00 AM.png

In regards to the girls being taken elsewhere, I personally don't think they were taken anywhere in a car but I do wonder if one or both of the girls were taken to a nearby barn or shed.
I just can't see anyone getting away with a double homicide in broad daylight in an area that was fairly sparse of vegetation at the time.
It's also an area where anyone could show up at any moment as it's a well used public walking trail. Also keep in mind we know there was several other people walking in the area not so long after BG's image was taken and none of these people seen the girls or BG which I find odd considering the time frame.

Yes, I agree. If not a barn or shed, then even a home. I think the limited amount of time for this crime is key...the girls could either have been left where they were found on the 13th or the 14th (before dawn). Either way, I think it speaks to someone very familiar & comfortable with the area who had the opportunity & easy access to all of the areas. All my opinion only.

What about it checked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would assume that the volunteer searchers were checked out for obvious reasons.If the feds had not been called in yet then he was a volunteer too.

Something that has been bothering me for weeks is the seam or snap in BG's jacket in both pictures. I have looked at hundreds of jacket images and cannot figure out this detail. There is no visible zipper or snap tops but that pinch is clearly there. This appears to be an older windbreaker perhaps purchased at a thrift store. View attachment 114845

To me, it looks like it could be a zipper that is broken/no longer works, and there are inner buttons or hooks (sorta like a bra comes together) that are fastened up every other one or so. Or maybe velcro strips fastened sporadically up .

Something that has been bothering me for weeks is the seam or snap in BG's jacket in both pictures. I have looked at hundreds of jacket images and cannot figure out this detail. There is no visible zipper or snap tops but that pinch is clearly there. This appears to be an older windbreaker perhaps purchased at a thrift store.
attachment.php

Good eye.

IMO
It has to be a button enclosure.

Look right above where it is pinched together and there appears to be two dark circles on each side which are likely a button and a button hole on the other side.

Same below on right side you can see a dark circle which is either the button or the button hole.

I have a jacket that has both buttons and a zipper where you can use either one to close the jacket. This jacket looks like the one I have except mine is different color.

I agree with every word you wrote. I'm new here and it kind of makes me reluctant to post anything since some people seem to get aggravated by differing opinions. I enjoy reading all types of differing views from everyone.

Please stay, if you don't like what some say just ignore or Scroll and roll.

Welcome to Websleuth! :)

Yes, I know, sorry I should have been more specific at what I was getting at. (I feel so bad for all of you who have to read my posts because they are always come across as a confusing word salad brain dump that is rushed because I have a subpar phone and an even slower computer. ) I just meant that there is evidence of other mentions of scary encounters with other men there recently, and maybe Libby and Abby also did too. Maybe not even from that same day, perhaps they recognized BG from previous time(s)..."Oh no, look, here comes that weirdo guy again we saw last ___, that did ____ last time" or something to that effect.... I just hope every local who has ever ever ever had any kind of uncomfortable/unnerving/scary encounter in that town has come forward to bring up their experiences. They may not even think its related to the case, especially if it was not even recently, it may be because "their creep" didnt look enough like the grainy BG photo guy.. The photo of BG is so poor quality they may not even realize its the same guy... Ok I am babbling now... Hitting send now so this might appear in the next hour or so lol

BBM

First I have heard of this. Source or link?

Something that has been bothering me for weeks is the seam or snap in BG's jacket in both pictures. I have looked at hundreds of jacket images and cannot figure out this detail. There is no visible zipper or snap tops but that pinch is clearly there. This appears to be an older windbreaker perhaps purchased at a thrift store.
attachment.php

IMO, it's a toggle-type closure, made with cloth instead of cord. It wraps around a snap-type button, like on jeans. And it has an inner zipper.

Something that has been bothering me for weeks is the seam or snap in BG's jacket in both pictures. I have looked at hundreds of jacket images and cannot figure out this detail. There is no visible zipper or snap tops but that pinch is clearly there. This appears to be an older windbreaker perhaps purchased at a thrift store. View attachment 114845

I as well noticed that, i looked and looked and could not find one either. Jmo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

So I Know the cellphone issue has been discussed already but, if the phones either " died or powered off" would that maybe lean more towards no one has the phones? When I read the gramps's statement about the pings and phone dying it's what I gather. All IMO always. If no phone was found would you think possible trophy for BG ( I know that's sad but some I've read keep those things) or it's still out there in the woods etc. If LE has it would it have been charged? And if so would these comments still be suggested? I just want outside input. Bc I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro