IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. ISP PIO, believe it was Kim Riley, said it was due to other information, tips, evidence, etc. developed since the murders, paraphrase.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

Could be 'evidence' was the girls being found on his property and the information/tips came from people who, because that's where the girls were found, believe he did it or was involved. LE did say they weren't disregarding any info they received, they were checking into every tip.

Just a thought..

MOO

The bodies were found there. JMO
they needed probable cause to search beyond the crime scene...i.e. his home and out buildings as well as his vehicle. The bodies were not found at any of those places.

Both of the girls' cellphones either died or were powered off.

German's grandfather Mike Patty toldWLFI: 'The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.'*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4229606/Picture-person-released-Delphi-police.html

I do wonder how Liberty's grandfather knew her phone was pinging around town.

If Libby's phone recorded the whole ordeal then it's no wonder the phone went dead.

How would LE of been able to get pinging info on Libby's phone so quickly considering LE was not called in until about 5.30 that night ?

I said this last night , does anybody find it odd that LE to my knowledge has not said how Abby was feeling ?

They have gone out their way to say what a hero Libby was and how she was scared but used her wits and had the fore-site to record him.

Is it at all possible he had already done something to Abby at this stage ?

ETA - we already know that some kind of alteration had already happened as well hence Libby being so scared!
They have stated *both* girls are heroes since that first briefing calling only Libby a hero. I think this is just simply an off the cuff thing that was said. Since then they have always said both girls are heroes. Can look for links if need be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4229606/Picture-person-released-Delphi-police.html

German's grandfather Mike Patty toldWLFI: 'The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-released-Delphi-police.html#ixzz4e9uBoh00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks for the link. But there was a mother one that said phones. Maybe later I will find it. But thank you!

I think only Libby had a phone from what I have read.

I do find the lack of references to Abby slightly odd.
I think it also comes from the fact that Libby's family has been more open with the media. As Abby's mom, Anna, has been very reserved. Both reactions totally reasonable when dealing with grief, especially considering the circumstances.

I couldn't find your link. Did you post one?
Ok here is the truth about me.... I am older lets say 60ish and I do not know how to link and add pictures or a lot of other things to do with this computer. It took me several times to figure out how to post here. I find the work that been put into this case by many of you amazing. The pictures, maps and the links to the courts ect. make it easier to get a sense of the area. Although I am many miles away from Delphi this case just breaks my heart. Thank you

My thinking was that it helps a killer not sexually motivated by turning the focus to sex offenders, particularly those in the area. And no, the creek is not the optimal place to dispose of evidence that may have been on the clothing but perhaps that's the only option they thought they had in limited time or didn't want to set a fire or didn't want to take the clothes with them. That being said, I still have no idea what the motivation was and I think sexual motivation in this case is probably likely. All MOO

While that is possible, I am not sure how that helps anyone who was not sexually motivated.

Possible it was an attempt to get rid of evidence, but I am not sure how effective that would be. However, that may have been the intent.

At this point, we do not know if the clothes were related to this crime but it seems reasonable.

The above is my opinion only.

Probably true, but I don't think it would've taken much to get the warrant. Someone who worked at the TS could have called saying, "RL was here the day those girls went missing", and without them necessarily remembering the exact time, etc, it would have probably been enough, IMO.
they needed probable cause to search beyond the crime scene...i.e. his home and out buildings as well as his vehicle. The bodies were not found at any of those places.

That's okay. Glad you are here. Lots here will help you post links.

Your thought about carpools was great. I went searching and only found one. I'll keep looking.

Ok here is the truth about me.... I am older lets say 60ish and I do not know how to link and add pictures or a lot of other things to do with this computer. It took me several times to figure out how to post here. I find the work that been put into this case by many of you amazing. The pictures, maps and the links to the courts ect. make it easier to get a sense of the area. Although I am many miles away from Delphi this case just breaks my heart. Thank you

IMO the "probable cause" was "oops-we probably should have done this a month ago." CYA. JMO

Dozens of search warrants have been executed after tips led investigators to potential suspects. Police have even made arrests based off those tips, but none of the people arrested are involved in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/arrests-made-in-delphi-not-connected-to-murder-investigation/

“If we receive a tip about a person and we go to talk with that person and we find out through the investigation they have maybe a warrant for failure to appear or another crime, we’re not gonna turn a blind eye and just let them go,” said Sgt. Tony Solcum with Indiana State Police.

Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

My thinking was that it helps a killer not sexually motivated by turning the focus to sex offenders, particularly those in the area. And no, the creek is not the optimal place to dispose of evidence that may have been on the clothing but perhaps that's the only option they thought they had in limited time or didn't want to set a fire or didn't want to take the clothes with them. That being said, I still have no idea what the motivation was and I think sexual motivation in this case is probably likely. All MOO

I agree with the theory that the crime was sexually motivated. If not, removing clothing now put the criminal in a position to prove otherwise.

The above is my opinion only.

Just copy the link in the address bar of your browser by highlighting and right click/copy and then paste it into a WS message.

Attaching media is pretty easy. Choose the "go advanced" button on the post composition window instead of "post quick reply". Click "manage attachments" and you'll see the "add" button. Much like you'd attach in an email. Then once uploaded to WS, you'll see a thumbnail image and you want to tick the box on its lower right corner, at the bottom of that window there is a "done" button. When you click out of the media window you'll be back to your composition for the post and you'll notice the image has been attached if you scroll down a bit.

Good luck! You can do it.

They still would have had him driving to the TS, and likely drinking at the Pizza King, too, IMO.
They haven't focused on anyone that i have seen, if they are focused on anyone their not saying. Jmo

If RL had not granted interviews with media & taken reporters down to the crime scene he would be home right now. Jmo

I think the voices on the video are Libby's and the monster on the bridge.
I do think it's possible he pushed Abby off the bridge.

I wasn't part of WS during the search for Morgan Harrington, but I followed her case closely elsewhere. Just for comparison's purposes—I know no case is the same and that no two law-enforcement agencies investigate the same way—but were the owners of the farm on which Morgan's remains were found investigated as thoroughly by LE and websleuthers as RL has been? (I'm not implying that the farmer and family are responsible—they're not. The case has been resolved.) I'm just wondering how that investigation proceeded once Morgan was found, especially since her location was not easy to reach. Did people suspect the farmer et al?

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

Among the items in Rader's list was information about the "obstacles" that a person unfamiliar with the farm would have faced trying to get to the stop where Harrington was found.

"The choice of that particular location is quite different than if the person responsible had chosen the public highway or the shoulder," said Rader. "This particular location would have been a high risk location unless you're familiar with the area."

"People living in that area, this will mean something to you," Rader said cryptically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members