IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I greatly appreciate the time you took to respond to my questions.

I can clearly see the situation you are describing. While, I don't think this is what happened, I could be wrong.

Regardless, I think you have a great imagination and you would be (if not already) a very good writer.

Thank you again for your reply.

The above is my opinion only.
Well, if nothing else, maybe someone will see a little
something in my fictional
account that gets their wheels moving in another direction and
then something "clicks".

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I was only 14 years of age 15 years ago so I can't Imagine either girls not talking to each other as big scary guy is coming toward them.

Add in the fact LE have said there had already been a interaction before that as well.

I am actually amazed that they didn't just run instead of recording him as why record when you can run.

This is exactly what I was thinking, perhaps they were planning on running, but wanted to get a video/image as well, to show someone? And then before they could run something happened. It's kind of confusing, if it were someone they knew they probably wouldn't be videoing them (would they?) but if I had an altercation with a stranger on a trail you better believe I would be booking it out of there. I remember running away from the mail man when I was younger because he was a "stranger". I was also a weird kid though... :facepalm:

If I am not mistaken, I think LE can get a rush on info from the provider when there may be a possibility of abduction.

Good point. I might be mistaken I Just have MP saying about the phone pings before LE said about the phones, in the timeline in my head, if that makes sense.

Nvm rambling! I'm just glad Bird Of Paradise found the quote and I've not gone cuckoo :)

Yeah. I tend to unfortunately lean toward SA as motivation as well.

But there's plenty of examples of rage crimes over much less--people who shoot someone bc of a confrontation over talking while watching a movie, over a parking space, etc.

It's the other pieces--the reporter's claim about the clothes as well as the scanner thread--that make me lean more toward SA. Sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I am wrong and it was rage but I personally see this crime as more cold and calculated.

This guy knew exactly what he was doing imo

That guy in the photo looks quite calm and collected to me yet we know what he is planning to do.

And, if I imagine RL as being BG, this is almost exactly the way I imagine it might have happened, as well.My problem is that A)I don't think RL is BG, and B) the "down the hill" sounds very calm, to me. Not panicked, not enraged. Just matter-of-fact, and assured.

The rage theory wouldn't be limited to RL in my mind. It could apply to anyone who has property in the area--who feels a certain amount of ownership, control, authority etc.

I agree the voice behind "down the hill" doesn't sound panicked or emotionally intense.

But we don't know for sure the voice belongs to BG and we don't know even if it's from the same time frame...or if it happened earlier before anything became tense.

he never said he was driving to the media.

Oh i see, he walked to Lafayette when he bought the fish, which he told them.

I think LE is smart enough to know when he said that, he had driven.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

Police have not revealed what led them to search his home but said in a statement: "We are basically here to eliminate him or put him as a higher suspect in our case."

I wonder how much longer( been 1 day shy of 4 weeks) it will be to charge or the man.

Still don't know what lie he told.

RE: the phones 'pinging around town.' From the little research I did a few weeks ago, it seems a phone in shallow water, especially water running over top of it, could scramble a cell signal, particularly the 'strength' with which it hits a tower, making it seem as though the phone is in different places. So IF it did 'ping all over town' that could be why. Then after a while in the water, the battery dies or the water damage shuts down the phone. Maybe.

ETA: my initial thoughts on the quick involvement of the FBI was that they found the phone(s) in the water and needed that expertise to extract data from a water logged phone. Though info since then may contradict that timeline.

Sorry to add to my own. I didn't want to edit again. Further on the 'pinging.' It could be the GF using a term incorrectly. He may just mean that the phone was 'showing' all over town. If it was a newer iPhone, they come with a built in app, FindMyiPhone. It's a locator app. Right now, I can look on my own iPhone, or my Mac, and know where my daughter is to within meters. (Well, where her phone is). If they were doing that, he may just be using the term 'pinging.'

Here's a possibility.

Let's say one of the girls is more of a tomboy than the other. So maybe one girl is taking pics on her phone, while the other wades in the creek or climbs a tree not far away.

Let's say the perp picks off one girl, who is off exploring nature, first. Then he sees the second girl looking for her friend and he tells her that her friend just went down the hill. Once he gets her to the bottom, she is boxed in between the hill and the water and he follows and traps....

All obviously just speculation. Trying to imagine scenarios that fit what we know...

I can't imagine being told that my house was going to be searched to either eliminate me or charge me. Jmo

Oh i see, he walked to Lafayette when he bought the fish, which he told them.

I think LE is smart enough to know when he said that, he had driven.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

Police have not revealed what led them to search his home but said in a statement: "We are basically here to eliminate him or put him as a higher suspect in our case."

I wonder how much longer( been 1 day shy of 4 weeks) it will be to charge or the man.

Still don't know what lie he told.

While it is reasonable to assume he drove, he could have ridden with someone else.

Remind me why either, or another, mode of transportation is relevant to this case.

So if this was the case they were taken away and brought back to the dumping site.

That's the only logical explanation that whoever did this put them in a car imo

While I subscribe to the theory were taken elsewhere, I fail to grasp a scenario as why you would return them.

While it is reasonable to assume he drove, he could have ridden with someone else.

Remind me why either, or another, mode of transportation is relevant to this case.

I think it's relevant bc some people were wondering if the problems police had with alibis referred to this Lafayette trip or the omission of the transfer station trip...or if there could be other holes that haven't been made public yet.

May I suggest that if you don't like someone's suspect, you opt to scroll and roll, or even use the ignore feature, rather than perpetuating the bickering?

I think the voices on the video are Libby's and the monster on the bridge.
I do think it's possible he pushed Abby off the bridge.
It is possible, yes, but...
1) moving a dead body from the bridge area to the taped crime scene would have been really tough. And if one of the girls had gone into the water, she could have started to immediately float away downstream, away from the crime scene area.
2) There would have been noise, like lots of screaming. You'd be amazed at what the human voice can and will do in moments of duress. I'm talking piercing screams. But no one heard anything.
JMO

While I subscribe to the theory were taken elsewhere, I fail to grasp a scenario as why you would return them.

If you don't mind me asking, then, why do you subscribe to the theory?

The only reason I could see someone risking returning to the scene is if this was some sort of revenge killing and they wanted them to be found to send a message/enact revenge or to frame someone. And I can't find any evidence to support those yet so I don't think they were moved.

Another question I have is

How does LE know that there had already been altercation before Libby had taken that video of BG ?

ETA- I apologise in advance is this was discussed early on in here

I think it's relevant bc some people were wondering if the problems police had with alibis referred to this Lafayette trip or the omission of the transfer station trip...or if there could be other holes that haven't been made public yet.

So, I guess we don't know yet if it is relevant. But I guess it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member