IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only 14 years of age 15 years ago so I can't Imagine either girls not talking to each other as big scary guy is coming toward them.

Add in the fact LE have said there had already been a interaction before that as well.

I am actually amazed that they didn't just run instead of recording him as why record when you can run.

This is what I keep wondering, and I realize we talked about it for a while a while ago, but what could the possibilities be that, though weary enough to take vid, there was something else before hand that mayyybe had them wait for BG. Like so and so or my wife's lost dog she's going to kill me, it's down the hill etc. Not saying I believe it, but I can't count it out. No matter how smart one is, human compassion for the needs of others can be blinding. IMO always

FBI arriving early: I believe that was possibly solved yesterday. A poster stated an FBI agent lived nearby so helped evening/early morning search even before bodies found.

And if I understand correctly, they were moving toward the south end of the bridge (Abby facing south, Libby facing north to snap her photo) and it's theorized that BG came onto the bridge from that south end? If that's the case, I think he passed them intentionally for the purpose of turning around and trapping them, so I wonder if his abrupt turn after having just walked by was what alerted Libby. They may also have already been creeped out by the fact that he was even there.

I think no matter how he appeared in dress, there is just a vibe from someone like that and just being in that space with him would be unnerving. Just a guess.

I think BG was moving from the NW end to the SE towards the girls, IIRC. It seems the girls were dropped off that day at the north side of the bridge in some parking area.

The purpose of the Scanner Thread is for those who listen to police, EMT, Fire, radio frequency channels to relay what is relevant happening in the area at the time. It is NOT meant to be a discussion thread at all. Simply informative. Most important - the link to the private Scanner thread can be linked here, HOWEVER, the info may not be brought up to this public thread. What's released in the Scanner thread, stays in the Scanner thread. There are a number of reasons for that. An important one is because even if accurate and actually case related, there may be communication released via radio that LE would not want published in a public format. #1 priority is always to protect the integrity of the investigation.

As I said above, it is not meant to be a discussion thread. Simply for information purposes. Usually discussed in real time, however my understanding is this one has a "playback" option. I will go down there and take a look at what is going on.

Right. I was referring to people who hold the opinion SA was a factor in these murders, and who drop strong hints related to SA to read the scanner thread. I do believe people are making an awful lot of conclusions with scant or any confirmation from LE any of it is related.

Of course , let's be honest none of us can even agree on BG and if he has a hat , age range , hair , fat or thin and so on.

It's all open to interpretation

IMO

So true! Speaking of BG's appearance...What is the general consensus about facial hair? I don't see any in the main picture I've seen distributed, but there does appear to be a shadow (which may be facial hair) on the second picture. It seems odd to me that if LE thinks there is facial hair, they're not focusing more on that second picture. In one of the early press conferences, LE said that the public should be on the look-out for anyone who recently changed their appearance. Shaving was one of the changes mentioned, which would lead me to believe that they saw facial hair on BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's been two months since Indiana eighth-graders Abby Williams and Libby German vanished on a local hiking trail, their bodies later found in the woods. No one has been arrested for their murders, leaving feelings of fear, concern and frustration in their small hometown of Delphi, according to the local sheriff.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is confident there will be an arrest -- but he does not know when.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

I'm really sorry to say I think we might be in for the long haul waiting for this case to be solved. I really hope and pray I'm wrong.

For all we know, the arrest could come tomorrow. I'm pretty sure LE doesn't want to say, "Hey! We just want the whole world to know that we're making an arrest tomorrow at noon"

Okay, so I'm still trying to think positive. No offense greg, but this time I hope you're wrong. Those poor girls need justice and their families and that entire community need to feel safe again.

Both of the girls' cellphones either died or were powered off.

German's grandfather Mike Patty toldWLFI: 'The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.'*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4229606/Picture-person-released-Delphi-police.html

I do wonder how Liberty's grandfather knew her phone was pinging around town.

This is in response to this post and others in the topic.

IMO he was looking at the "find my iPhone" app or another GPS tracker rather than actual pings to cell towers and simply used the term "pinging". I probably would use that term as well just for lack of a better term to describe it.

It's also possible that he was able to contact Apple, Google, and/or whatever service provider she used and depending on parental settings that may have been on the account, it's possible (not likely IMO) that he was able to get records of the cell phone actually pinging cell towers.

But if that's the case it's worth mentioning what others have mentioned here too- this is a small town. There are likely only a few (someone said 2?) cell towers in Delphi and that may cause reporting to be misleading.

Not to mention what we all learned in the Serial case, pings to towers are not the most reliable source of info.

If I'm understanding correctly, outbound calls are the only reliable source of cell tower evidence, and it's highly unlikely someone actually used the phone to place a call during this time (a few hours after they were declared missing).

IMO it's also unlikely the carrier would share the ping info with LG's grandfather so soon after they're reported missing - although maybe someone has more insight on this if LE is involved.

So, I conclude IMO that he was probably referring to GPS pings rather than cell tower pings.

IMO with what has been made public there is absolutely no way to figure any of this out. The still from the video gives us nothing of value, there is no way to tell who that is, the audio with the way they looped it is just useless, and all of the parading of RL is just way too distracting. All MOO

You're absolutely correct AFAIC & I couldn't agree with you more. We will have to wait to see what statements LE makes and go from there. They're awfully quiet and I personally think that's a good sign or they'd be asking for help with more urgency, IMO.

This is in response to this post and others in the topic.

IMO he was looking at the "find my iPhone" app or another GPS tracker rather than actual pings to cell towers and simply used the term "pinging". I probably would use that term as well just for lack of a better term to describe it.

It's also possible that he was able to contact Apple, Google, and/or whatever service provider she used and depending on parental settings that may have been on the account, it's possible (not likely IMO) that he was able to get records of the cell phone actually pinging cell towers.

But if that's the case it's worth mentioning what others have mentioned here too- this is a small town. There are likely only a few (someone said 2?) cell towers in Delphi and that may cause reporting to be misleading.

Not to mention what we all learned in the Serial case, pings to towers are not the most reliable source of info.

If I'm understanding correctly, outbound calls are the only reliable source of cell tower evidence, and it's highly unlikely someone actually used the phone to place a call during this time (a few hours after they were declared missing).

IMO it's also unlikely the carrier would share the ping info with LG's grandfather so soon after they're reported missing - although maybe someone has more insight on this if LE is involved.

So, I conclude IMO that he was probably referring to GPS pings rather than cell tower pings.

Just a note. FMIP would show exactly where the phone was, if it was working - in which case the family and searchers would go directly to where the phone was located. That's a mystery in itself, IMO most parents would have an active FMIP on those phones, or the android equivalent.

Just a note. FMIP would show exactly where the phone was, if it was working - in which case the family and searchers would go directly to where the phone was located. That's a mystery in itself, IMO most parents would have an active FMIP on those phones, or the android equivalent.

Would FMP work if the battery was dead? I use it but never paid much attention with my devices. Maybe Apple has a doc online that would say one way or another.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/973125

Hello everyone,
There was a strange 911 call in 2010 or 2011 (I forget)- either RL or someone at his address called 911 to say that there was a woman in the road screaming for the police. When the police got there, she was gone. This occurred approximately 11am. Does anyone have any more info on that than the police blotter? Thank you

Yeah I agree. I'm wondering whether LG's grandfather looked at the app after the phone had died and was seeing "pings" from the GPS tracker from earlier in the day. Does this app work this way, or would it only show current GPS locations in real time?

It's been quoted here and in MSM that the phone had been shut off or died after the pings, so maybe the timing was off to go and investigate these areas.

Or, who knows, maybe the family did investigate these areas.

If I were a family member FMIP would be the first place I'd look, but it's possible that once they realized the girls were missing and checked the app, the phone had already died/been turned off, and they were seeing pings from earlier.

All speculation and IMO

Perhaps they had been to the cemetery to snap some cool pictures prior to walking the bridge. Has there been vandalism at the cemetery? Could the caretaker of the cemetery reached them on the bridge to give him a piece of his mind?
Goodness, my mind is trying so hard to solve this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmmm... never thought about that!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So their phones were turned off shortly after they were reported missing...hmmmm. Could be something,could be nothing.I imagine the mother's concern so maybe the sheriff or whoever may have told her "we'll try pinging their phone's",mom talks to someone who she called or called her to see about the children,such as where they might be or update....moms contact calls accomplice to turn the phones off? That seems plausible to me.

Whoa Wait a minute. I couldnt understand why it may be a big deal the phones were turned off but now I think i see what others are seeing.

If LE had found the actual phone to get the video off of it and BG did not destroy it or take it with him then there is no reason for the phone to have been turned off.

So who turned it off and how did it get turned off ?

I guess the answer could be as simple as BG does find her phone on her and throws it in the river thinking that was going to destroy it. Phones quite working.

Then the day they are found LE finds the phone in river and dries it out with hair dryer and is able to retrieve video.

It may not be that much of a mystery I guess.

The biggest mystery is why BG didnt really destroy it for good. Or take it where it could never be found. That was a serious mistake BG made thankfully. The BG would not be the first person to think that submerging it in water would definitely destroy it. Lots of phones these days are getting more and more water resistant and I can recall reading that before you throw something away that got wet you first try letting it dry for a few days and you will sometimes be surprised that it will still work.

Whoa Wait a minute. I couldnt understand why it may be a big deal the phones were turned off but now I think i see what others are seeing.

If LE had found the actual phone to get the video off of it and BG did not destroy it or take it with him then there is no reason for the phone to have been turned off.

I guess the answer could be as simple as BG does find her phone on her and throws it in the river thinking that was going to destroy it. Phones quite working.

Then the day they are found LE finds the phone in river and dries it out with hair dryer and is able to retrieve video.

The biggest mystery is why BG didnt really destroy it for good. Or take it where it could never be found. That was a serious mistake BG made thankfully. The BG would not be the first person to think that submerging it in water would definitely destroy it. Lots of phones these days are getting more and more water resistant and I can recall reading that before you throw something away that got wet you first try letting it dry for a few days and you will sometimes be surprised that it will still work.

Couldn't it just be that the battery died?

ETA: Just a thought, during the long video over the crime scene, there is one point where a searcher in the water bends down and picks something up.

I've wondered if that might have been the phone.

It's possible that the phone(s) died and weren't turned off. After all, the girls were using their phones that day taking photos and videos and that may have drained the battery quite a bit.

IF the phone was turned off by someone, then that info and the phones "pinging around town" make me start leaning towards the idea that BG had the phone (and possibly other evidence) and moved around town, likely to destroy said evidence.

It's crazy how the smallest detail, was the phone turned off or powered off due to loss of battery, can change my entire view of what happened after the crime (or even possibly during if you subscribe to the idea the girls were taken elsewhere and returned to the area).

All IMO

Maybe a bit of good news for RL.

His final order has been posted; here's what we didn't hear:
BBM
[FONT=&amp]The court enters judgment of conviction and sentences the defendant as follows: Sentence Probationary Fine Count Sentence Suspended Period Fine Suspended I 2 years 0 0 $0 $0 The sentence(s) shall be served in the Indiana Department of Correction. The defendant shall receive 31 days for time served which shall be Class A credit. The sentences shall run consecutively to 08D01-1402-FD-16. Upon the filing of a petition the Court may consider a modification of sentence to Community Corrections. [/FONT]

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...XUXlNRE13TnpFME1UUXdPalV4T1RNMk1qY3lPRGM9In19

Case # 08D01-1704-F6-000024

Why do you think the FBI hasn't released the height prediction of BG? I would think that an expert could fairly accurately predict this one detail about him, since measurements of the bridge and trees are available. They also have two stances from just the two stills we have seen. He may be slightly hunched in one, but he appears pretty upright in the other.

I can probably guess and answer my own question. They don't want to pigeon-hole themselves, just in case they later have a suspect who may not fall within the height stated. I still think that if they're 99% sure of their prediction, they should release this one detail to the public. It might push someone to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member