IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in response to this post and others in the topic.

IMO he was looking at the "find my iPhone" app or another GPS tracker rather than actual pings to cell towers and simply used the term "pinging". I probably would use that term as well just for lack of a better term to describe it.

It's also possible that he was able to contact Apple, Google, and/or whatever service provider she used and depending on parental settings that may have been on the account, it's possible (not likely IMO) that he was able to get records of the cell phone actually pinging cell towers.

But if that's the case it's worth mentioning what others have mentioned here too- this is a small town. There are likely only a few (someone said 2?) cell towers in Delphi and that may cause reporting to be misleading.

Not to mention what we all learned in the Serial case, pings to towers are not the most reliable source of info.

If I'm understanding correctly, outbound calls are the only reliable source of cell tower evidence, and it's highly unlikely someone actually used the phone to place a call during this time (a few hours after they were declared missing).

IMO it's also unlikely the carrier would share the ping info with LG's grandfather so soon after they're reported missing - although maybe someone has more insight on this if LE is involved.

So, I conclude IMO that he was probably referring to GPS pings rather than cell tower pings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about that myself, and it is one of the things that has bothered me so much about this case (Libby's granddad, in early reports, stating her cell phone was pinging about).

I lost my iPhone tonight (forgot my son had been playing with it in the backseat of the car). I used the Find my iPhone feature, and found it immediately.

That being said, the pinging information was shared quickly. It would take some time for LE to subpoena this info from the phone company, so I wonder if it was a feature like Find My iPhone that led to this quote.

Amen Jilly. There by the Grace of God go I.

This was an isolated area with few options - trying to run past an adult male on a rickety bridge, taking off into a wooded area that created more isolation, or jumping off the bridge. In addition to these lousy options, my guess is there was activity and/or a threat as he approached and made contact that sealed the fate of these girls.

Perhaps they could have reasoned that they were done for and risked running from a gun aimed at their backs, or Libby could have said to heck with Abby and taken off, but this is placing heavy burden on two kids to save themselves in a situation where we can't see what decisions they faced, under who knows what threat or sense of terror.

I honestly don't know that LE did the victims or this case any favors by cranking the volume on the heroism narrative. I think what Libby got on her phone is miraculous, and I will not be surprised if we hear at some point that both girls fought back, even at the murder scene. But as an adult woman, I'm not sure I could have done any better. JMO

Nice thing about opinions--they don't have to be the same.

It is not my place to be concerned with the activities of LE. I am sure they are doing beyond what they can do.
The problem I have is how the eff in 2017 we can send a drone to kill one terrorist across oceans and yet this piece of scrap, mutant is scot free. That bothers me.
And I apologize if I was seen as baiting on the first or so thread by saying I called in a tip. IMO it can be simple, I saw Indiana plates and they were driving erratically, I saw someone walking on the side of the road that looked odd, all that stuff. I think we should all be comfortable with calling in tips. That's all I meant by it. I pray for the girls most of all, and each day I wake up with the same hope I went to sleep with. This pile of skin, this demon, this pathetic 'man' aka BG will be caught.
I love this forum. I have nothing but respect for all that are here and a ton of respect for the rules. I just wanted to say I'm thankful we have such caring people here. Keep that hope in your hearts! Positivity works wonders imo.
Goodnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding my theory that the suspect parked at the cemetery and entered the bridge from the SE end, a couple of people have asked why his pants are not obviously wet in the photo. I think I have the answer.

This afternoon when I returned to my car, the tires and part of the rims of my tires were under water. I couldn't get to my car without stepping in six inches of water. Without much thinking, I decided to take off my socks and shoes and wade in the murky parking lot water. The bottom of my jeans got wet, but once my feet dried, I put on my socks and shoes and ran errands. The bottoms of my jeans did not look wet but they were a bit wet. My shoes were dry.

If the suspect was not wearing boots, I think he most likely removed his shoes to cross the creek on his way to abduct the girls. I think he kept his shoes on after he had abducted them. I think he went home with wet, smelly socks and shoes that day.

I've attached a couple of maps I put together based on parking at the cemetery, crossing Deer Creek, going up the hill, passing the girls at the SE end of the bridge, after seeing that no one else was on the bridge he turned around and forced them to go "down the hill". He then forced them to cross the creek where they were murdered, and then he walked the short distance back to his vehicle at the cemetery. Some people have added that he could have been on a motorcycle, which would be easier to hide in the trees at the South end of the cemetery.

attachment.php
attachment.php
Hi just my my opinion of course, but I think the cemetery would be too active a place to leave a car while out committing a crime. But I agree that the cemetery is an important part of this crime.
My theory is that there is a person out there with psychological ties to the location. I think male relatives (in laws cousins etc) of the families who had attended the services at that cemetery fairly recently would be at the top of my list to interview. Especially someone who had known the place before or spent time there as a child or teen.

The same guy said this:
He said he had seen his granddaughter recently but couldn't remember the exact date.
'She came in right before Christmas. I remember because she was going to go to her mom's.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html#ixzz4eB97dNzD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He didn't raise LG. Mr. Patty did. Her dad's step dad.

EXCLUSIVE: 'I know my strong-willed girl fought for her life.' Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens tells of family's devastation as police say 'we're back to square one'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

RSBM.
This is NOT a bad habit. Not at all. This is what real sleuths do. It's called having an open mind. These murder investigations are fluid..We probably have about 1% of the info LE does. (and I'm being generous) and new info comes forward all the time.

A bad habit would be to hold a theory like a dog with a bone and be inflexible to anyone else's thoughts/points.

I think that's a great quality to have. :)
y

I agree!!!! Well said!

Nice thing about opinions--they don't have to be the same.

That is so true. Except a lot of people are being run out of this thread because their opinions differ and are being bullied into leaving by being called names and mocked.

It's so obvious to many here who is doing that. I really hope they come back and know that their opinions matter and they should be respected just like everyone else.

And on that note, have a great night, Jax (and all)...I'm going back to reading.

Hi just my my opinion of course, but I think the cemetery would be too active a place to leave a car while out committing a crime. But I agree that the cemetery is an important part of this crime.
My theory is that there is a person out there with psychological ties to the location. I think male relatives (in laws cousins etc) of the families who had attended the services at that cemetery fairly recently would be at the top of my list to interview. Especially someone who had known the place before or spent time there as a child or teen.

I go back and forth on this. I will say, this perp has ties to Carroll County. He lives near there, once did, or has a reason to know someone who lives in the area. He may well be a transient, but I do think there is too much going on here to suggest anything other than he knew the area well.

This reminds me of something that seemed important in the few days after the murders. One of Libby's GP's said that "she fought hard" or something to that effect. Anyone else remember that? If he got that from LE, then it would have been a big clue, at the time. Not now, of course. But I also remember thinking that unless he/they are total hermits, someone saw the signs of physical struggle all over some guy's face/arms, and STILL didn't turn them in. It's my opinion that people who deliberately wait to turn in a murderer should face some very serious consequences. JMO, of course.

What is so harrowing about LG fighting is that it means the culprit(s) were fighting, too.
JMHO This was an heinous attack by a sexual deviant, or group of them, who sadistically enjoyed the tracking, trapping and killing. I believe he is highly skilled at life in the woods.

BG is not a lawyer, banker or wedding cake baker.

He already has 31 days to his credit and I could be wrong but personally, I don't think he'll wind up serving all the rest behind bars.

jmo.
If Judge accepts the Petition he will be put on house arrest or tether by Community Corrections and will have to get counseling and drug and alcohol testing.moo

Not sure about that myself, and it is one of the things that has bothered me so much about this case (Libby's granddad, in early reports, stating her cell phone was pinging about).

I lost my iPhone tonight (forgot my son had been playing with it in the backseat of the car). I used the Find my iPhone feature, and found it immediately.

That being said, the pinging information was shared quickly. It would take some time for LE to subpoena this info from the phone company, so I wonder if it was a feature like Find My iPhone that led to this quote.
Usually 911 Communication Centers have the ability to contact the cell phone providers at have them ping a particular phone. I hear this kind of activity one or two times a week when listening to our county LE on scanner. They get calls where there is a hangup and no answer on call back and when it comes from a cell phone they try to determine the location. There isn't a need for a subpoena to ping a particular phone. I suspect that LE used that capability in this case at some point when the search for the girls was on-going.

Regarding my theory that the suspect parked at the cemetery and entered the bridge from the SE end, a couple of people have asked why his pants are not obviously wet in the photo. I think I have the answer.

This afternoon when I returned to my car, the tires and part of the rims of my tires were under water. I couldn't get to my car without stepping in six inches of water. Without much thinking, I decided to take off my socks and shoes and wade in the murky parking lot water. The bottom of my jeans got wet, but once my feet dried, I put on my socks and shoes and ran errands. The bottoms of my jeans did not look wet but they were a bit wet. My shoes were dry.

If the suspect was not wearing boots, I think he most likely removed his shoes to cross the creek on his way to abduct the girls. I think he kept his shoes on after he had abducted them. I think he went home with wet, smelly socks and shoes that day.

I've attached a couple of maps I put together based on parking at the cemetery, crossing Deer Creek, going up the hill, passing the girls at the SE end of the bridge, after seeing that no one else was on the bridge he turned around and forced them to go "down the hill". He then forced them to cross the creek where they were murdered, and then he walked the short distance back to his vehicle at the cemetery. Some people have added that he could have been on a motorcycle, which would be easier to hide in the trees at the South end of the cemetery.

View attachment 114903 View attachment 114902

I'm glad to hear you didn't get too wet today while out running errands but I have to wonder, why would a man who is about to ambush and murder two young girls care whether or not his feet got wet? To keep us guessing I guess? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader