IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the numbers seem daunting as the days tick by, Indiana State Police Sergeant Kim Riley says investigators remain “very confident” that the person or persons responsible will be found.

It’s been a constant struggle for investigators to keep rumors and fake information about the case from spreading.

State police have had to debunk dozens of arrest rumors, including multiple recurring ones that connect the man who owns the property where the girls were found, Ron Logan, to their murders.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders

IMO there was never as much evidence as they made it seem like they had. I think it was a lot of smoke and mirrors in a desperate attempt to try to scare someone into talking and here we are two months later.... it did not work. What it did do though was make us the public look at LE with big question marks, if you have all this video where is the better picture, if there is more audio where is another snip it of this guy talking? After everything they put RL through were is the big "crack" in the case? It never came. The search warrants were wild goose chases that turned up nothing, they were based on rumor and other crimes that have nothing to do with this case. RL was their hail mary pass, and they missed it.... game over IMO

The truth is, we don't KNOW that it didn't/hasn't worked. I believe if there ever was a case which is/was a top priority to LE to solve, this would be the one. I believe, also, they will do whatever it takes to solve it. Never let their silence convince you they are not on high alert and they will be doing/saying whatever it takes and whenever it's necessary to gather the necessary proof to bring this predator/s to justice. Anything worth doing, is worth doing well. They are dotting ALL their Is and crossing all their Ts, IMHO. O' ye of little faith. I have never followed any other investigation like I have followed this one. Following closely, it appears to be taking longer. But, looking back at some of the other cases, the truth is in the details, and it has to be dug out, like a needle in a haystack. Lots of haystacks in this case, but lots of hands helping with the search. Look at those of us on WS who would, at the drop of a hat, call in any tip we would come across (and have).

Just because we can't see what's going on in the other "haystacks" doesn't mean they are being thoroughly searched. Lots of eyes are watching and ears are listening. It may be a while down the road when someone picks up a flyer and says, "I think I might know who that is." Or, someone hears those three words, "Down the hill," and they recognize their neighbor's voice, etc. (remember the case of the mother and her two daughters killed in FL-Oba Chandler) A neighbor recognized the handwriting, and it still took a while to bring him to justice.

Let's give LE time to do their work. All JMO

The truth is, we don't KNOW that it didn't/hasn't worked. I believe if there ever was a case which is/was a top priority to LE to solve, this would be the one. I believe, also, they will do whatever it takes to solve it. Never let their silence convince you they are not on high alert and they will be doing/saying whatever it takes and whenever it's necessary to gather the necessary proof to bring this predator/s to justice. Anything worth doing, is worth doing well. They are dotting ALL their Is and crossing all their Ts, IMHO. O' ye of little faith. I have never followed any other investigation like I have followed this one. Following closely, it appears to be taking longer. But, looking back at some of the other cases, the truth is in the details, and it has to be dug out, like a needle in a haystack. Lots of haystacks in this case, but lots of hands helping with the search. Look at those of us on WS who would, at the drop of a hat, call in any tip we would come across (and have).

Just because we can't see what's going on in the other "haystacks" doesn't mean they are being thoroughly searched. Lots of eyes are watching and ears are listening. It may be a while down the road when someone picks up a flyer and says, "I think I might know who that is." Or, someone hears those three words, "Down the hill," and they recognize their neighbor's voice, etc. (remember the case of the mother and her two daughters killed in FL-Oba Chandler) A neighbor recognized the handwriting, and it still took a while to bring him to justice.

Very well said.

The Unabomber's own brother recognized his delusional rantings in his manifesto and turned him in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

The thing that jumps out at me is "we've gotten some (analysis) back", so they don't have it all if he's being truthful. LE lies and they can even lie when they're questioning suspects. IMO, they're being meticulous in order to make charges more likely to stick. If they know who, and I believe they certainly do, why would they make errors in haste just to announce an arrest? That just makes no sense to me, but you do raise some good points and I understand why you and others feel as you do.

If LE doesn't yet have all the test results, sure, that might be truthful. But what if those unknown results exonerates their suspect? How can LE have a certain person in their sights without ALL the results being known? Putting the cart before the horse and all that?

That sort of scenario is precisely what has resulted in wrongful convictions in the past, when LE decide who done-it and then picks and chooses evidence to support it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why the police don't set a trap to catch him, IMO LE don't believe that he is going to kill again.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I'd be curious whether they've been recording the voices of the folks they interview in order to compare them with the audio from Liberty's phone? It's my understanding that voice analysis is as, or nearly as, definitive as fingerprint.
I think that's precisely the problem LE is facing with tips from the public. The image is so nondescript that EVERYONE sees their neighbors, acquaintances, and relatives in the BG photo. They must be deluged with calls from people all across the country who "recognize" him. I would wager that every single white male in Delphi from the ages of 20-80 has been "recognized" and had a tip called in about them.

The features on the face can't be seen at all, except for the nose. It's possible BG has a prominent nose, as has been suggested; but it's also possible that the nose is blurry, making it appear more bulbous than it actually is. There's nothing else of note in the photo. Since most males in the area have similar clothing, builds, and walk with one foot in front of the other, I don't see how anyone could definitively say that a relative or friend is out there who knows who this is, but isn't talking.

I would say that the voice is far better evidence, but we still haven't been told for sure whether it belongs to BG.

(No disrespect to you at all, KyMom. I'm just offering my personal opinion.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we sure about the RRT height being roughly 4"? I was of the belief they closer to 5.5-6"?
I am running into a discrepancy of the POI/BG height positioning him on the bridge according to GH's latest video. He corrected the POI's position from being closer to the 5th platform to actually being at around the 6th platform. Initially we all thought Libby may have been standing on the 6th platform taking the video. Now she is rather in the very end (SE) of the bridge or slightly there-off.

Optical zoom may still play a role here and I have contacted GH to clarify.

Here is the discrepancy IMO. You can see how much lateral space ( to the individual's right side) would be still left, and optically he would be very short:

attachment.php

After tweaking the perspective, this one here leads to an all over better alignment IMO with the shrubbery and branch network in the background (you'd have to see it with less opacity, if you want to try that):

attachment.php

I always thought the POI/BG was closer to the 5th platform by simply counting the horizontal planks (RRTs). That is also, where GH placed him first. In that configuration I measured a height of app. 5'8" to app. 5'11" allowing 1-2 inches for correction. I reconstructed the bridge walkway according to perspective/vanishing points. That also went hand in hand with another poster's measurements here on WS basing his approach on the RRT height (guard) of app. 4".

Again, I am waiting to hear back from GH. Either the last POI/BG location is incorrect, or we have some optical zoom or the perspective playing games with us, or we have indeed a shorter individual, or I am wrong with my configurations and may as well eat dirt.

I have tremendous respect for GH and his work. I am almost sure, there is an additional variable here, we - or I - have not payed enough attention to.

All IMO

-Nin

Looks like your skills are as sharp as ever!

The difference in my work and my opinions on WS is I was working with facts at work. Even a small clue often led to being able to connect the dots without skipping a dot. That's because it had to be verified by LE so it could be used in court to deprive someone of their freedom. Quite a big difference in stakes as to what my opinions are here because they really are not going to change the facts, the evidence, and what investigators can prove in court where it matters. IMO

I'd be curious whether they've been recording the voices of the folks they interview in order to compare them with the audio from Liberty's phone? It's my understanding that voice analysis is as, or nearly as, definitive as fingerprint.

Because i very believe that voice clip is a scheme to confuse the police.

And yet LE hasn't. Why do you think they haven't? RL is a longtime member of that community no matter his alcohol-related peccadilloes in the eyes of some. I'm personally of the opinion alcohol and driving under its influence is more serious than a mere peccadillo. Why hasn't LE publicly cleared RL for a double homicide? I expect we will know that and other answers as soon as LE makes an arrest, and I'm sure they will. IMO
"not a suspect at this time" Unless someone has some mode of time travel, at this present time they are not a suspect, seems pretty clear.

And yet LE hasn't. Why do you think they haven't? RL is a longtime member of that community no matter his alcohol-related peccadilloes in the eyes of some. I'm personally of the opinion alcohol and driving under its influence is more serious than a mere peccadillo. Why hasn't LE publicly cleared RL for a double homicide? I expect we will know that and other answers as soon as LE makes an arrest, and I'm sure they will. IMO

He has never been named a suspect, according to what we've read and he's still not a suspect according to what LE tells MSM. How much more can they say other than "He is not a suspect."? (many times)

Because i very believe that voice clip is a scheme to confuse the police.

That occurred to me also. What if the voice saying Down The Hill was a recording, not the live voice of the murderer?

That occurred to me also. What if the voice saying Down The Hill was a recording, not the live voice of the murderer?

Exactly, maybe the killer asked for some location meanwhile he was recording.

True, but most safety goggles are clear. If they have color on them at all, it's usually from a black or colored strap. I suppose Indiana Packers could be using a specific kind that's not generally seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the white "thing" is but since the first pic of BG was made public I think it would be very important to recognize and maybe an unambiguous hint on his profession/work place/hobby.

I would think if the "thing" were goggles then the glass would dazzle in the sunshine ... If the "thing" were goggles then the straps wouldn't be long enough to have dangling it in this position. In addition I don't think it is dangling at all but is something stiff which doesn't hang but is fixed upright (inside the coach -all wheather- jacket).

I know this has been gone over but it's been several threads back I think What do we know about RL's whereabouts on 2/14?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member