IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or whoever picked them up may not have started actually looking for them until 4. Who knows? The walk from the parking lot to the bridge takes several minutes to traverse, which is another consideration.

The walk from the SE end of the bridge to the spot where they were found could be traversed in under a few minutes, which is proven by a few YouTube videos by some members here. Roughly 600 feet. The bridge itself could be crossed in well under 4 minutes, by someone determined enough to do so, and particularly one who has done it before.

They could have been at the crime scene by 2:40, for all we know. That quick.

Whoever did this is slick, and it's plainly obvious that it was premeditated.

Wasn't there a couple on the trail around 3:00.

If LE is sure RL is their man, they have him locked up already. It gives them plenty of time to get all the lab info back and whatever else they may be trying to nail down before they file charges. It kind of takes the pressure off, though of course there is still the need to satisfy the public that they are safe and they have the case figured out. I don't think they're ignoring that but maybe just being extra cautious about saying anything definitive.

If their suspect is someone they don't have locked up, it's a completely different calculation--they'd be even more careful to get their ducks in a row before arresting him.

In either case they would hesitate to name a suspect until they're ready to file charges. All IMO.
So you think they have someone or some persons in their sights and they are just waiting for results to come back? I really hope this is the case.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/

So are these quotes about RL ?

Similarly, in Delphi police swarmed a home on Bicycle Bridge Road to serve a warrant for a man who quickly was dismissed as a suspect

Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings.

That's not a quote for LE. JMO
It was the wrong link, sorry. Now I am on my laptop It was this article I believe.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

On Feb. 16, for example, police searched a home on West Bicycle Bridge Road, although no arrest or connection was made to the Delphi killings. The following weekend, FBI agents searched a home in Logansport. Again, they found no connection to the case.

ETA: and this was found but I can't see jconline anymore w/o subscription...post 187
Wondergirl
user-online.png

Join DateMay 2010Posts8,927​

Updated 4 minutes ago - NO arrests

Police served a search warrant Thursday night at a home on West Bicycle Bridge Road, but no one is in custody, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said.

However, no one was in custody or under arrest, and Riley said it was unlikely anyone would be arrested as a direct result of serving this warrant.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/c...ings/98015212/

ETA2: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arrant-served-Indiana-home-teens-murders.html
Indiana State Police Sgt Kim Riley said the warrant was obtained for a home in the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road outside Delphi, 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. A person living on the property was interviewed but no arrests were made and no solid evidence was found during the search, it was revealed on Friday.

According to the affidavit to seal the autopsy reports, citing the need to protect the integrity of the homicide investigation, the date of death for both girls was 2/13/17. We know they were dropped off at 1 PM 2/13, last known to be alive at 2-2:30 PM on the same day, and that they were discovered deceased on 2/14 at approximately 12:15 PM. I think we can safely deduce what hours investigators are interested in for 2/13 as well as the whereabouts of PsOI. IMO
So you think an alibi is needed from 2.30 p.m. on the 13th till 12.15 p.m on the 14th at the moment anyway, because we don't know the time of death. Would that be what LE are looking at regarding POIs ?

[snipped for space]

Good find, I hadn't seen this video either. I see this video was filmed on Feb 16, 3 days after the girls were murdered. The sound of the creek.... Also about 30 seconds in, would that be the sand bar?

Check out the broken branch @ :18.

That is an interesting take and worth pondering.

It would seem that of all people, if RL was BG, LE would know straight away. They have the video and they have seen it and studied it. I don't think it would take them very long to recognize the mannerisms, attire, gait, and anything else that identifies someone, especially if that someone is front and center of their investigation. I cannot imagine then that they would wait even a nano-second, let alone 5 weeks to obtain and carry out a Probably Cause SW for RL's property. imo

I agree, so I think that their interest in RL is more along the lines of who did he let stay at his farm or store their things there, or share his vehicle with. I believe the Unsub came into the area from the east and either concealed his vehicle at the gravel pit or the east Deer Creek Bridge. If my theory is true, RL crossed routes/paths,with the Unsub, that morning, (since the most discrete route to the TS is east on w 300 n then south).-- RL might have tried not to tell the police about the TS trip due to his restrictions -- but when LE found out, I would assume they would be be angry that he didn't tell them he was on that road that morning. Also, I think at the time the police said something about that they found something in the search across the street from RL prompted them to look at RLs farm more closely.
i really hope the pieces are coming together for the investigators.

No, I messed you guys up because I was trying to look things up and copy/pasta from my iPad on Webseluths is a horrible mess. My apologies. That is the first of the search warrants served on this case.
That copying pasta is a difficult thing for sure. No sweat.

Some of you know I asked my teen girls to help re-create the video that Libby took of BG which was a great help. But in all honesty, they know next to nothing about this case. Up to now I have only talked about it in very broad general terms. They have never seen a picture of the girls nor BG. The only person they marginally know about is RL. They have never seen pictures of the bridge or anything. They said that occasionally when I was working on a photo they might see it as they were passing but never really looked. So, my point is they don't know much.

Anyway, we started chatting about the case and all I can say is if you want to find out about how L & A might have been thinking that terrible day, ask a teen girl @ the same age (one 14, one 17)!! I ended up having to get a notebook and take notes. So here is just part of the conversation. It was mostly Q & A form:

Me:
You and your BFF are almost across the bridge after walking the trails. You see a guy on the bridge coming toward you.
His hands are in his pockets as he is walking. We only have a picture of him where he is looking down, so we don't know if he has been looking around. Now you are on a rickety bridge so that might be the reason for the downward eyes. But he is walking toward you, eyes down, hands in pockets.

What would cause you to film him?

Answers (two teens talking at once so incomplete sentences follow):

Because he's following.

Because I saw him before and didn't think about it, but now he is on the bridge.

He's not walking like he's hiking, he's walking like he is there to do something.

Because he's walking with purpose.

Head down.

Knowing how I would walk the bridge, seeing someone walk it differently would creep me out.

If they were into crime stuff then they would be paranoid.

Additional comment made, no question was asked (not particularly pertaining to filming):

If I saw a guy walking like that (hands in pockets) I would think it's someone who is used to a railroad, a railroad worker, engineer.

Yes, I do. Either RL and/or someone else that they haven't wanted to talk about yet.

So you think they have someone or some persons in their sights and they are just waiting for results to come back? I really hope this is the case.

Some of you know I asked my teen girls to help re-create the video that Libby took of BG which was a great help. But in all honesty, they no next to nothing about this case. Up to now I have only talked about it in very broad general terms. They have never seen a picture of the girls nor BG. The only person they marginally know about is RL. They have never seen pictures of the bridge or anything. They said that occasionally when I was working on a photo they might see it as they were passing but never really looked. So, my point is they don't know much.

Anyway, we started chatting about the case and all I can say is if you want to find out about how L & A might have been thinking that terrible day, ask a teen girl @ the same age (one 14, one 17)!! I ended up having to get a notebook and take notes.

I am going to post some of their thoughts on how as teens they would see the events, what would the girls have been thinking, etc. So here is just part of the conversation. It was mostly Q & A form:

Me:
You and your BFF are almost across the bridge after walking the trails. You see a guy on the bridge coming toward you.

His hands are in his pockets as he is walking. We only have a picture of him where he is looking down, so we don't know if he has been looking
around. Now you are on a rickety bridge so that might be the reason for the downward eyes. But he is walking toward you, eyes down,
hands in pockets.

Because he's following.

Because I saw him before and didn't think about it, but now he is on the bridge.

He's not walking like he's hiking, he's walking like he is there to do something.

Head down.

Knowing how I would walk the bridge, seeing someone walk it differently would creep me out.

Additional comment made no question was asked (not particularly pertaining to filming):

If I saw a guy walking like that I would think it's someone who is used to a railroad, a railroad worker, engineer (hands in pockets).

Excellent observations. Now may I ask mom why she taunted us all by using the smallest print possible for the Q&A?
:giggle: J/K

Some of you know I asked my teen girls to help re-create the video that Libby took of BG which was a great help. But in all honesty, they no next to nothing about this case. Up to now I have only talked about it in very broad general terms. They have never seen a picture of the girls nor BG. The only person they marginally know about is RL. They have never seen pictures of the bridge or anything. They said that occasionally when I was working on a photo they might see it as they were passing but never really looked. So, my point is they don't know much.

Anyway, we started chatting about the case and all I can say is if you want to find out about how L & A might have been thinking that terrible day, ask a teen girl @ the same age (one 14, one 17)!! I ended up having to get a notebook and take notes.

I am going to post some of their thoughts on how as teens they would see the events, what would the girls have been thinking, etc. So here is just part of the conversation. It was mostly Q & A form:

Me:

His hands are in his pockets as he is walking. We only have a picture of him where he is looking down, so we don't know if he has been looking
around. Now you are on a rickety bridge so that might be the reason for the downward eyes. But he is walking toward you, eyes down,
hands in pockets.

Because he's following.

Head down.

Additional comment made no question was asked (not particularly pertaining to filming):

If I saw a guy walking like that I would think it's someone who is used to a railroad, a railroad worker, engineer (hands in pockets).

Interesting.

Maybe a railroad retiree (they can retire at a young age, if they got into it young) who knows the bridge, or retired from a RR in the region and is used to walking old bridges such as the one in question?

Far as hiking, I'd have to agree, here. It's not a trail, where people often hike for exercise, even trail run. It's a bridge, and a dangerous one, at that. Anyone walking across it "with a purpose", especially one dressed like that, would scare the daylights out of me. That bridge could be crossed in well under 4 minutes, by someone "with a purpose".

they have cleared more than 200 people who they received tips about. They search RL's property as a result of "tips" and information. So far they haven't "cleared" him.....

Indiana authorities say the investigation into the killings have led to 13 arrests, but that none of them are linked to those murders. Police have questioned more than 300 people in the killings based on over 13,000 tips from the public. Police say they’ve cleared more than 200 people they had received tips about as resembling a man seen in two grainy photos taken from one of the girl’s cellphones.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/search-warrant-served-in-case-of-slain-delphi-indiana-girls/

Also, WebSight.....

it would be interesting to know their opinion as to what circumstances would make them film, rather than run?

Interesting.

Maybe a railroad retiree (they can retire at a young age, if they got into it young) who knows the bridge, or retired from a RR in the region and is used to walking old bridges such as the one in question?

Far as hiking, I'd have to agree, here. It's not a trail, where people often hike for exercise, even trail run. It's a bridge, and a dangerous one, at that. Anyone walking across it "with a purpose", especially one dressed like that, would scare the daylights out of me. That bridge could be crossed in well under 4 minutes, by someone "with a purpose".

AND he's walking on the side not down the middle. Confident.

LE did have a probable cause SW for more of RL's property 5 weeks after bodies were found. I remember because I was here and I kept stating how odd it was that they waited 5 weeks to search the rest of his property.

Excellent observations. Now may I ask mom why she taunted us all by using the smallest print possible for the Q&A?
:giggle: J/K

Is this better?
:shame:

QUOTE=WebSight;13311958]Some of you know I asked my teen girls to help re-create the video that Libby took of BG which was a great help. But in all honesty, they know next to nothing about this case. Up to now I have only talked about it in very broad general terms. They have never seen a picture of the girls nor BG. The only person they marginally know about is RL. They have never seen pictures of the bridge or anything. They said that occasionally when I was working on a photo they might see it as they were passing but never really looked. So, my point is they don't know much.

Me:

hands in pockets.

Because he's following.

Head down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper