IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw together a map of what I think transpired. I think it aligns with what some others have posted on here, particularly a post I read from Skibaboo on the previous thread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16zsrEQbJVk5gXeLxJeONQunneEY&usp=sharing

I also included significant locations from the aerial footage posted by one of the news outlets, as that helped me get my bearings for the area.

Unfortunately, even if this is accurate, it doesn't speak to the most important questions at this point - where did this exit the area (or enter for that matter)?
Can you explain what you think happened? I'm not a map person, but I'd like to hear your theory.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Police are asking the public to try and remember if you saw somebody Monday, Feb. 13 in the late afternoon or evening.

"We're asking people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or someone walking. We're asking people that live in Logansport all the way to Lafayette, if they saw somebody late that afternoon, that evening of Monday the 13th, if they saw somebody walking down the roadway that just did not look like they should be there, or they're just a hitchhiker, we would like to talk to that person," said Sgt. Kim Riley, Indiana State Police.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

A hitchhiker? Might someone have actually picked him up? Trouble is the most identifying properties were his clothing.

This is the first case I've seen where someone was declared a suspect by LE and yet no one knows who he is , or where he might be !

LE HAS to have much more than we are led to believe. Hopefully they're building their case.

It looks like they have no leads and are trying to satisfy the public with anything.

LE may have found an abandoned camp nearby. That would explain the appeal for info about a hiker. There would have been a lot of DNA left behind.

I was thinking that these girls did run. Looking at the map that shows the timeline of events, it's like they made it across the bridge to the other side of the creek, and at some point, realizing danger, ran (and the perp giving chase) ... only to encounter rough terrain. They may have fallen or had their escape slowed due to the terrain, and he caught up to them, somewhere near where they were found.
I don't think it is as simple as this. Remember, we don't know if the evidence supports them being killed where they were found.

Police are asking the public to try and remember if you saw somebody Monday, Feb. 13 in the late afternoon or evening.

"We're asking people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or someone walking. We're asking people that live in Logansport all the way to Lafayette, if they saw somebody late that afternoon, that evening of Monday the 13th, if they saw somebody walking down the roadway that just did not look like they should be there, or they're just a hitchhiker, we would like to talk to that person," said Sgt. Kim Riley, Indiana State Police.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

Why are they not asking for anyone who actually gave a hitchhiker a ride to come forward? Or is that implied when they ask for people who "might have seen a hitchhiker"?

Hello, Ive been following this thread from close to the beginning. I cant help but to think that this was completely set up through SM (maybe snapchat?) by the perp from the beginning. To me it makes sense that this started some time ago with the suspect contacting one of the girls (liberty?) through some kind of meeting app, kids do it all the time, my kids would meet girls all over the state when they were in high school and traveling for sports. If she was to meet a "kid" and start talking to him, maybe even exchange pics (not genuine of him of course) and eventually gain a level of trust that could explain why a 13 year old girl would go out alone (with a possibly unexpected friend) to meet someone on the middle of a high bridge unprotected and isolated.

This makes perfect sense to me that a predator would disguise himself as a young innocent boy on SM then lure the girl (or girls) to that bridge. Once he knew they were there he would then walk out himself seemingly just a guy walking the bridge thus explaining a) being out on that bridge when they are, b) his head down and hands in pockets, and c) his being on the opposite side of them. I would postulate that the girls were out on the bridge taking pics and videos to occupy their time while waiting for their young friend to show up and inadvertently captured him in their videos.

Once on the bridge and knowing the girls were indeed isolated and having cased the situation up close he could have either struck there and forced the girls to go with him, or possibly just walked back off the bridge and sent a message to them to meet them over by the cemetery instead of the bridge and they would have gone there willingly to meet the "boy"

After much thought I believe that this person knows the area very well, he knows peoples hiking patterns, he knows the cemetery, he knows the bridge and dropoff points, and even where to commit the crime and leave the bodies undetected. I would submit that he grew up there exploring that area extensively as a child/teen. I would also submit that he does not live in the area anymore, seeing as no one from that small community has recognized him. It would seem plausible to me that he would be a truck driver of some kind as he would have time on stops to "hunt" the SM hookup sites for the perfect victim and set up a meeting when he was going through that area.

I don't believe for a second that this was and accidental meeting and I am very concerned that this is a very sophisticated trap that a deviant sexual predator/serial killer laid out very intentionally probably using an untraceable phone, fake names, fake pics, etc, his only real mistake being inadvertently captured on a video that got sent somewhere or uploaded to the cloud. Whether this is his first crime of this nature is of course unknown, but if he's not caught it wont be his last. Lets hope LE is able to identify him and arrest him soon.

Yes.............he's from that area and he knows that area well. This wasn't some freaking hitchhiker on his way through town.

On that same note...............were we able to actually observe him walking across that bridge-- the bridge with all of it's pitfalls and hazardous places-- I'll bet he zipped right across it........as if he's done it plenty of times before. Someone who had never set foot on that bridge would approach it with a lot of caution due to the lack of a guardrail, rotting timbers, creaking wood, open crevices to the water below, and the height above the river. Walking across it the first time would be a huge adrenaline rush.

Why are they not asking for anyone who actually gave a hitchhiker a ride to come forward? Or is that implied when they ask for people who "might have seen a hitchhiker"?

I think it's implied. They want to talk to anyone who encountered the suspect.

I think they have the backpack. They aren't looking for people to be on the lookout for it, but someone DISCARDING it.

I also think these may be the only photos of the perp available...I think the quality is lacking because he was in the background of someone's shot and they zoomed in. Remember, LE was asking for anyone near the trail submit any photos they took in the area immediately after the girls were found and before the photo was released.

More people would have seen him than would have given him a ride. LE is collecting all info - and even if a driver in a car saw someone hitchhiking, that info can place the suspect on a map and on a timeline.

jmo

From what I can see from the pictures, is that there is a small time elapsed from the first to the second frame.
I would suppose that by looking at the guys legs, he may be really drunk.
His gait is unsteady.

I hate to ask this, but can our wonderful map and graphics makers please put a compass or some type of marking on their work so those of us who are directionally challenged know where NSEW is?
map.jpg

That is ridiculously creepy, but I think it is just coincidence. I think it's wood that looks like a face, not an actual face. However, I may see that in my nightmares tonight.

Look at the pic of the bridge from a distance posted in this thread. It will allow you to sleep. The bridge is really high up, that "face" is obviously just part of the bridge and nowhere near land for a"face" to be [emoji6]

Can someone post a map (satellite) with the cemetery people are talking about near where the girls were found?, I don;t see it.

From what I can see from the pictures, is that there is a small time elapsed from the first to the second frame.
I would suppose that by looking at the guys legs, he may be really drunk.
His gait is unsteady.

Or the railroad track is not completely flat and his step is off because of it

So this means they think it was over with fairly early.

Damn, murdering (& raping?) two young girls in daylight or close to it is so bold.

I have read many articles about this before and yes, they are abducted, raped, and murdered very quickly. Iirc some of the articles said the victim/s will be dead within an hour and a half from being taken or sooner. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay