IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way behind here....page three. A post by Margarite25 [TY] with the link to Five Facts/ Heavy.com the second photo of this guy caught my eye....you can almost see his face...close set eyes...facial hair...when I first viewed this fellow yesterday I thought he was wearing one of those hunting hats with ear flaps...either that or long hair. It does look like he is packing something under his jacket on HIS left. I ran that photo through Photomatix using different filters and this is the best I could come up with. Perhaps I am only hoping that I see his face. Used to hike in areas like these girls at that age...bless their souls...we only ever ran into the occasional flasher...they would flash and run. Weird creatures.

Rest easy young ones.

Link to Heavy.com - http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

attachment.php

Forgot to add...The white up around his neck may be part of what he is packing...perhaps that brown bit by his pocket as well.

Nice job with the photo cleanup. Real nice.

I am more convinced now the hat or hoodie had a camo pattern on it.

And what looks like a thick bushy mustache looks pretty clear now.

Have to zoom it to see it good.

<modsnip>

Parents are considered victims,not to be sleuthed.

I don't think a parent was responsible, but maybe a family acquaintance or someone he spent time with?

<modsnip>

This is such a suddenly disturbing thought, that the search was called off at all on the very same day the girls went missing. Seems incredibly critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is incredibly frustrating this happened but I can understand why it would be dangerous for searchers to search in very poor light and put them in danger given the bridge, water and terrain. In addition the police knew if a crime had been comitted evidence could be disturbed by people searching in the dark putting evidence in a trial at risk.

WelcomeBFan60. I know you mean no harm, but posting information about the girls' families is against the rules at Websleuths. It would be wise to delete your post by clicking the Edit Button and following instructions to delete. We have been strongly encouraged by mods to get familiar with the rules, especially regarding social media and sleuthing families. Again, :welcome:

My condolences to the families.

I am having trouble understanding how the girls ended up so far from the bridge.through rugged terrain. Is there a trail on the north side of the creek headed that direction, even if it is not an official trail? It is possible to move bodies easier in water.

It is possible the perp took them to location by force,most victims will go willfully when threatened.Also possible they could have gone there on their own for other reasons.jmo.

It bugs me too. Along with the quote from LE that leaves the option of more than just the bridge guy participating in the murder. It seems as short as that trail is from road to bridge, it would be a pretty quick hike if you wanted it to be, so I could see how one person might not run into someone, but someone 10 minutes later might. Maybe the MIB (man in black) came forward to say he was there and was cleared. Or maybe LE had their sights set on BG (bridge guy), so they had no real reason to suspect anyone else involved. Could BG and MIB be connected? Is it odd there were two males on a Monday afternoon in a fairly secluded area that locals didn't recognize? Or are MIB and BG one in the same? I certainly wouldn't describe BG as a man in black in the photos we have, but I suppose he could have changed clothes.

I suspect they worked as a team. Here is why. One victim died on the 13th and the other died on the 14th. One was kept alive overnight. And it is horrible to consider for it takes my breath away.

They kept the girls with them to do their horrible deeds. Then, later, on Feb. 14th, or later, the beautiful girls were left down a steep embankment alongside the creek on Feb. 14th or later. These are dangerous men. They are of a vicious nature. One or both men are highly familiar with the area. All speculation and opinion.

To stick to the facts, there currently is one POI. He is the UnSub on the bridge heretofore named BG for Bridge Guy.

Tor aims to conceal its users' identities and their online activity from surveillance and traffic analysis by separating identification and routing. It is an implementation of onion routing, which encrypts and then randomly bounces communications through a network of relays run by volunteers around the globe.

I'm familiar with the subject also and can't see how it can possibly relate to an individual that they now suspect is thumbing rides on the side of the highway.

Don't know if this has been posted. If so my apologies.

Apparently today there was an interview with an LEO and with the property owner on HLN Primetime Justice. I only found atwitter linking to it but am not able to play the video. Maybe someone can can tell us what they were saying.

https://twitter.com/PTJusticeHLN/status/833850864867565568?s=09

It's a 1:28 video where LE says the clothing is the main focus, and they hope it will be recognized by someone that knows the person, such as a relative (not a quote, just summing up). When asked if LE knows if we're seeing a portion of a shirt or a fanny pack, he said that's still being evaluated.

Getting in, marking my spot to respond to these posts.

Like most people here, I've been looking at the photos quite a bit today. I'm wondering if what several people see as a gun in his pocket might actually be the head of a hammer. I've seen quite a bit of speculation about him wearing a tool belt or other kind of carrier, but that's the closest I've seen to a tool. I still have some posts to read to get completely caught up so there may be some news that makes it unlikely. Just a thought.

Police now say the man photographed near the trail where the girls were hiking is a suspect in the double murders. They have not explained why they made that change, but investigators say since they named him a suspect, the number of tips they've gotten from the public has jumped to 6-12 every hour.

While investigators have narrowed their search to this one man for the time being, they have expanded the geography of their search. They believe that if the man was from Delphi, someone from the town of roughly 3,000 people would have already identified him.

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," explained Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police.

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

LEOs are still at the crime scene this afternoon and their bank of lights are still behind the cemetery where they found the girls. From the drop off point to the cemetery it is .4 miles by road. There is a trail from the north side of the bridge heading towards the crime scene, but after about 40 yards there is a drop off pretty much straight down to the water. There are beer cans along the trail not to far from the bridge. Leaving the scene would require one to either walk the road or to follow the edge of the field just inside the woods. The picture of the girl on the bridge shows her walking away from the side on which they were killed. The picture of the guy does not show blood which would have been present after he killed and fought with them. I would not be thinking a gun was used based on information available.

I figured the trail would be pretty busy today (and it was) so I parked in town and walked from the city park. It is 1.5 miles to high bridge and about 2 miles from the crime scene. If the guy was watching them and was parked at the drop off point he could have drove to the cemetery and watch/ambushed them from the top of the ridge. If the guy is experienced as many of you believe the above would allow easy capture and escape. I believe the photo on the bridge is from one of the girls phones and is before he attacked them.

There is a lane on the far side of the crime scene that I had forgotten about that leads to Brubaker's. Years ago when I was last down that lane it had a gate across itand you needed a remote control to open the gate. The lane is 1 1/4 mile long from the road to the house if I recall correctly.

Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Danielle Stislicki, Toni Anderson, Tommy Ballard, Crystal Ballard, Family of four--John & Christale Careaga & two 16yo sons, Elizabeth Salgado, Merrilee Cooley, Thelma Krull, Phoenix serial shootings—7 dead, 8 family members—Pike Co. Ohio, Sarah Long, Karen Swift, Monique Figueroa, Rebecca Paulk, Caleb Diehl, Missy Bevers………plus many others.

All unsolved.

Feels like the bad guys are winning sometimes, doesn’t it ?

Interesting to note towns beyond Logansport that would apparently be a possible location they seem to think the suspect may have possibly come from / headed towards / or maybe have ties in...

Hypothetical possible scenario: somebody found a brown backpack with a bloody blue jacket and camo hat in it. Blood came back with a DNA match to blood found at the crime scene. Picture shows guy in a blue jacket and camo hat.

Or maybe the frames they didn't release showed him spitting a big wad of chaw out onto the railroad tie, and they were able to locate that and match DNA to DNA from the crime scene.

I could probably think of more while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for an arrest.

Wow, great post. Thank you for all those details, always great to have a boots on the ground perspective.

So the bridge and trails is also accessible from the City Park? I wonder if someone could map that route? Love to see a visual of what you are speaking of.

A map that I put together for some outside of Indiana to better understand the recent "Hoosier Heartland" talk.

attachment.php

IMO he is a drifter. Guns are heavy and he looks like he has the gun with the heavier weight of the gun in the deep end of the pocket, possible nylon jacket that stuff falls out of. I have met "hobos" in the woods. I love the woods. They typically wear layers, have facial hair, baggy pants. Walking in the woods, hard on the knees. Walking on tracks so so hard on the knees. His pants are baggy but he is not using a walking stick. Recent drifter I think. He might have stayed by the bridge. Bridges offer shelter and keep you hidden so well by a road. I have found stashes under bridges, liquor, *advertiser censored*. He also appears in good shape, so maybe recent drifter. He may walk the railroad tracks, they are quieter than hiking trails and connect towns to get food. You can also hop the trains, they move slow. He is organized enough to pull this crime, very dangerous individual. Thinking of those girls.

In the Jennifer Kesse case they had a video of the perp who moved her car and parked it, after she went missing. And no one has ever been identified...

If he was drunk i would not be surprised at all.
Maybe whatever he may be carrying in his pockets is quite heavy and affecting his gait?
Wonder if one of the reasons he might have his hands appearing to be in pockets, is because he is actually holding up his pants?
imo.speculation.

I saw a video that's a few years old of a homeless man in Delphi. He looks very similar to the person in the photo to me. But from the video, he seems like a really good person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Remember those paper-dolls where you could quickly change the outfit?
Sometimes wish there was an easy application like that to project the potential disguises a suspect on the loose might try, like different clothing styles/ looks/hair colour.
http://fox59.com/2017/02/20/all-out-manhunt-for-main-suspect-in-murders-of-two-delphi-teens/
rbbm.

I thought they were headphones like another poster here. Drifters are seasonal by me, they move with the weather. They like my area, lots of fast food, very rural, trails, big highways nearby, trains. They have money, they group up, they have a tent city by my town. Kind-hearted people do help them. I have seen them carry cell phones. My friend's brother was a drifter. Good person but hooked on drugs. Never broke the law that we know of. Lived nearby in the mountain.

From all the videos of the bridge, I don't buy the images of the perp came from a trail camera.

When you're walking on that bridge, you're above the tree tops. There doesn't seem to be a tree tall enough to host a camera for an image such as that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Oh, wow, throwing away a backpack.

Okay, LE has viable information on this .

Let's expand the radius for the geographical search for suspects as far as neighboring towns and cities.

Can the locals give a general description of the major highway arteries?

Almost a week since the murders. Hitchhiker could be anywhere.

However, truckers and truckstops need to be alerted to this guy.

What are the larger truckstops in Indiana?

Is there an official poster with the abbreviated information of the suspect? I think I will do one. That is something that can be shared on SM.

Havent been down to Delphi/ Lafayette since the girls, but for the truck stops that i know of, of course there is more, but this off top of my head. there is one in lafayette/delphi on a highway . then there is one in peru called gallahans travel plaza (replying from old thread)

So many threads, what a tremendous effort by all - I don't know if this has been posted - Bristol, IN is north on the IN/MI state line... prayers out to the families, LE and everyone working to solve this.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo...vehicle_recovered_from.html#incart_river_home

I agree. I am not of the opinion that they were meeting up with an SM contact.

The only thing I can come up with re: the interwebz is she checked into the park on a SM website, on her phone. That can be tracked by merely monitoring a SM page for the park. Or geocaching. Or...?

I'm new here and not sure what can be copied and pasted. Google TOR [the onion router]. Google the Dark Web. I learned about it by accident two years ago when we realized somehow our computer had been configured as part of this. We bought a refurbished computer. Scary people and criminals like it. It serves a purpose but can be quite dangerous.

To be fair, people who live in countries with oppressive governments / censorship, use Tor too.

Re: the perp possibly disguising his identity: if you look at the picture, his legs are quite skinny and don't match the bulkiness of his torso. The police could be referring to something as simple as him wearing multiple layers to disguise his true size.
I saw family members mentioned a few pages ago. I don't believe it was a family member of the girls but what about a local with a family member who had no where to go and was staying with them to "get on their feet" perhaps at the time of the murders and was either kicked out or left? Family may not want to report?
I think the same. For a moment I thought he had a life jacket on under his coat.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I agree that on the right side, it seems that there is something heavy in the pocket of his jacket. The fabric is pulled straight down and there is a shadow of the object. Further, it appears in both photos despite him (and the jacket) moving. Is the barrel pointed towards his arm rather than forward?

What, does he have a secret pouch that can be accessed through that opening at the bottom of the jacket so he can pull it out with his left hand? Seems clumsy.
JMHO

Of course that is the outline of a gun underneath his jacket. That's as clear as air. And it is a 9mm pistol, whether Glock or not I have no idea. And yes the barrel is pointed back towards his arm instead of in front of him. I have no idea if he shot those girls, but I'm pretty sure that that gun was used to at least control those girls.

Nice job with the photo cleanup. Real nice.

I am more convinced now the hat or hoodie had a camo pattern on it.

And what looks like a thick bushy mustache looks pretty clear now.

Have to zoom it to see it good.
BBM

I see the mustache too, although I'm hopeless at seeing anything else! I wonder if shaving off facial hair is what LE means when they say he may have changed his appearance. The broad nose is very distinctive, though, and can't be changed.

When asked if LE knows if we're seeing a portion of a shirt or a fanny pack, he said that's still being evaluated.

I wear a fanny pack all the time myself, and his looks more or less exactly like the fanny packs I have worn all down through the years. I don't see how it could be anything else.

<modsnip>

It is incredibly frustrating this happened but I can understand why it would be dangerous for searchers to search in very poor light and put them in danger given the bridge, water and terrain. In addition the police knew if a crime had been comitted evidence could be disturbed by people searching in the dark putting evidence in a trial at risk.

So LE has no "tools" or capabilities for night searches. I did not realize this. I guess my next question is why the search did not commence at dawn the next day? I understand they waited until after 8am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson