IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something? These were found where? By whom?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

We were talking Camo on the other thread. I'm a big camo lover and just posted some pictures that are similar to the pair that he appears to be wearing. They don't make those any more. HTH's. :)

I highly doubt it's anything beside an optical illusion, but for once, I see it! I never do! I think all the science I took in college severely depleted my imaginative skills, when I look at clouds I see...clouds. But I digress, it's likely nothing, but just wanted to properly share what is being "seen".

One more for those who need the extra help seeing it. View attachment 110546https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know lovely.

I see it too just I thought the only thing I cane see here is what appears to look like a pigs head floating in mid air, then I saw a teddy bear, then a panda bear. This case is driving up all potty !!

I highly doubt it's anything beside an optical illusion, but for once, I see it! I never do! I think all the science I took in college severely depleted my imaginative skills, when I look at clouds I see...clouds. But I digress, it's likely nothing, but just wanted to properly share what is being "seen".

One more for those who need the extra help seeing it. View attachment 110546https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

It's puzzling. I can't make out what it is. Looks like five bowling balls stacked on top of each other. Does that help? :D

Honestly I don't see a face, a person, or anything alive in there. And I don't think analysing the woods will help catch the killer. No disrespect but I really don't think so.

I wonder what Rossmo's Formula looks like here, we only have the one data point, what if we plug in with and without Evansdale, not to pm crt4man.

Rossmo's formula is a geographic profiling formula to predict where a serial criminal lives. The formula was developed and patented[1] by criminologist Kim Rossmo and integrated into a specialized crime analysis software product called Rigel. The Rigel product is developed by the software company Environmental Criminology Research Inc. (ECRI), which Rossmo co-founded.[2]"

Source: Wikipedia / Rossmo's Formula:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossmo's_formula

THE HOUND OF THE DATA POINTS

GEOGRAPHIC PROFILING PIONEER KIM ROSSMO HAS BEEN LIKENED TO SHERLOCK HOLMES; HIS WATSON IN THE HUNT FOR SERIAL KILLERS IS A DIGITAL SIDEKICK -- AN ALGORITHM HE CALLS RIGEL.

SCIENCE

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...nd-data-points

"Until he was called in on the Beltway Sniper investigation, Detective Kim Rossmo's most confounding case was the South Side Rapist."

Snip

"Rossmo's job was to help direct the manhunt. If he couldn't find the needle, he hoped at least to radically thin the haystack. And he would do so through the careful application of that most powerful of investigative tools: a mathematics equation.

Rossmo, 47, is the inventor and most zealous proponent of criminal geographic targeting (CGT), more commonly known as geographic profiling. He uses CGT to hunt society's most dangerous game: violent serial criminals -- arsonists, rapists and murderers whose taste for carnage seems only to sharpen with time, and who tend to programmatically continue their offenses until they are caught. There's no mistaking Rossmo for the FBI profilers down in Quantico's Behavioral Assessment Unit, the ones that movies like The Silence of the Lambs have turned into celebrities. He can't tell what kind of offender is terrorizing the town, how old or what race, whether he has delusions of grandeur or issues with Dad -- nor does Rossmo particularly care about those things. His interest is in the most neglected of the Five W's: Where did the offender strike? From this Rossmo can usually calculate where, most likely, he lived."

Snip

"The case intrigued just about everyone who heard about it. The notion of a master geographic profiler conjured those classic film scenes in which detectives gaze at a trail of red pushpins in a big map, then guess where the killer will strike next.

In fact, though, it's just the opposite.

"Geographic profiling isn't about prediction," Rossmo says. "Efforts to predict the location of crimes don't show a lot of focus." Instead of pushing forward into an unknown future, Rossmo's method pulls back to an origin, to the time and place the crimes were hatched. A center.

"You know those sprinklers where the little metal thing hits the water stream and it sprays around in a circle?" Rossmo asks. "You could look at that and say, There's a good probability that the next drop of water will land within this ring,' but it'd be hard to know precisely where. If you took the sprinkler away, though, and I looked at the pattern of water, I could tell you where the sprinkler was."Last edited by margarita25; 11-14-2015 at 10:41 PM."

Any math folks here?

attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 578
I can see the 'face' to the left of the bridge, but honestly, all that I really 'see' is a big ole case of pareidolia, just like with the people that were seen to the right of the picture.

Pareidolia is a phenomenon where you mentally pick out a pattern where there is none.

If I am outside, I am rarely without my camera. About 10 years ago, I found myself visiting a very famously haunted cemetery in the south suburbs of Chicago. I was there to take pictures of the remaining headstones, as it is often vandalized and stones go missing a lot. Even though I wasn't there for ghosts, it was hard to shake the reputation of the place. It was tucked back in woods, and when I got home and looked at the pictures, what would you know? GHOSTS EVERYWHERE.

I became fairly obsessed with the place, I would not be inclined to try to calculate how many hours I spent there. What I found was that, especially in wooded areas, trees and branches and the like are really, and I mean REALLY good at arranging themselves in ways to look like any number of things that they are not. People, animals, buildings, etc. It took me awhile to catch on, what was happening. I had started reviewing photos in camera, as zoomed as I could, finding the 'things' and then immediately returning to the area where I 'caught' them and it was then that I realized that the womans face was just old ivy, artfully arranged to fry my brain, or leaves, or what have you.

It was all just good old, sneaky, mind wracking pareidolia. I wanted to see something, and boy did I ever.

I mean no offense to anyone by this, but that is my take on what we are seeing in this picture.

LEOs are still at the crime scene this afternoon and their bank of lights are still behind the cemetery where they found the girls. From the drop off point to the cemetery it is .4 miles by road. There is a trail from the north side of the bridge heading towards the crime scene, but after about 40 yards there is a drop off pretty much straight down to the water. There are beer cans along the trail not to far from the bridge. Leaving the scene would require one to either walk the road or to follow the edge of the field just inside the woods. The picture of the girl on the bridge shows her walking away from the side on which they were killed. The picture of the guy does not show blood which would have been present after he killed and fought with them. I would not be thinking a gun was used based on information available.

I figured the trail would be pretty busy today (and it was) so I parked in town and walked from the city park. It is 1.5 miles to high bridge and about 2 miles from the crime scene. If the guy was watching them and was parked at the drop off point he could have drove to the cemetery and watch/ambushed them from the top of the ridge. If the guy is experienced as many of you believe the above would allow easy capture and escape. I believe the photo on the bridge is from one of the girls phones and is before he attacked them.

There is a lane on the far side of the crime scene that I had forgotten about that leads to Brubaker's. Years ago when I was last down that lane it had a gate across itand you needed a remote control to open the gate. The lane is 1 1/4 mile long from the road to the house if I recall correctly.

Great post & thanks for posting your observations----It gave me good insight on viewpoints where the perp could have observed the girls. The milage you posted was also good to know. It seems to be a shorter distance than what has been mentioned through out these posts. Did you record them via an app?

Thanks again!

I just really hope that announcing him as an official suspect is part of a strategy from LE. I would think this would cause him to surely flee IF he is still in the area. Unless LE DOES know who he is and this was a way to rattle him into making a mistake? I can only hope that they have something big going on behind the scenes here guys.....

The mystery man goes from being a POI to a Suspect yet he is still on the loose??? How does this happen? Would they not need something from him to connect him to the murders ?

That was my question earlier after someone speculated they have 'hard evidence' and someone else said 'DNA". But I don't see how they can have anything from the person (subject) seen walking on the bridge.

Like most people here, I've been looking at the photos quite a bit today. I'm wondering if what several people see as a gun in his pocket might actually be the head of a hammer. I've seen quite a bit of speculation about him wearing a tool belt or other kind of carrier, but that's the closest I've seen to a tool. I still have some posts to read to get completely caught up so there may be some news that makes it unlikely. Just a thought.

Police now say the man photographed near the trail where the girls were hiking is a suspect in the double murders. They have not explained why they made that change, but investigators say since they named him a suspect, the number of tips they've gotten from the public has jumped to 6-12 every hour.

While investigators have narrowed their search to this one man for the time being, they have expanded the geography of their search. They believe that if the man was from Delphi, someone from the town of roughly 3,000 people would have already identified him.

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," explained Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police.

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

Interesting to note towns beyond Logansport that would apparently be a possible location they seem to think the suspect may have possibly come from / headed towards / or maybe have ties in...

Tapping fingers here- this is usually what happens when posters are tired of waiting for a break in a case.

Yes and it will go on for almost forever if there's no break or no new info etc.

I believe some of us think the brown on top of the jeans is not a tshirt because it seems to follow the contours of the jeans. It just crossrd my mind that maybe the tshirt is wet and clinging to the jeans, that might explain what i see. Maybe he had been in the water?

Hi Jilly,

The backpack is key to me, for several reasons. I know some people think they see the perp with a backpack on as well as seeing Elvis but I think is is clearly one of the girls backpack, here is why. If the backpack belonged to perp, why would he discard it? More importantly, LE wants to know if anyone saw someone disposing of backpack....because that would neatly tie up their case against said person. Someone seeing the person(that person) in possession of one of the girls backpack's would have some explaining to do. Which also leads me to believe backpack was not in close proximity to where bodies were found.

I could Imagine he had a change of clothes in it perhaps, and then put bloody clothes in it and dumped it somewhere.

Yes and it will go on for almost forever if there's no break or no new info etc.

Like Missy Bevers, I wish I could see as much as others do in the pics so I could still join in there.

That was my question earlier after someone speculated they have 'hard evidence' and someone else said 'DNA". But I don't see how they can have anything from the person (subject) seen walking on the bridge.

Hypothetical possible scenario: somebody found a brown backpack with a bloody blue jacket and camo hat in it. Blood came back with a DNA match to blood found at the crime scene. Picture shows guy in a blue jacket and camo hat.

Or maybe the frames they didn't release showed him spitting a big wad of chaw out onto the railroad tie, and they were able to locate that and match DNA to DNA from the crime scene.

I could probably think of more while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for an arrest.

I did not just flood the bathroom because I forgot I put the plug in and ran a bath, I didn't honestly

:scared::shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member