IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pair that had the bottom denim, but that was years ago. I love camo, but haven't seen those sold in a long time. I'm wondering if he picked those up at a Salvation Army?

Quite certain he is wearing normal blue jeans with brown hoodie hanging below his blue jacket.

The hitchhiker/walking the road angle is interesting because it leads me to believe that this may have been more of a crime of opportunity than first assumed. I'm guilty of assuming that this may have been an arranged meeting because of the initial statement of LE about "knowing what is going on in your children's lives..." or something similar that I recall. Hence all of my focus on maps and the area. I have been pre-occupied with trying to figure out how he got in and out of there and chose the areas he did.

This made me think that if it were a pre-arranged meeting, then there was at least some level of planning. Chosen place to park, tools/kit brought to the scene, method of entry and exit, etc...

I can't imagine a sophisticated offender hitch-hiking or walking in the view of so many witnesses after committing such a crime. I also never felt that they were placed in a vehicle after getting to the trails because I would assume that an experienced offender would try to get them out of the area as quick as possible if he had managed to get them in a vehicle, away from anyone that may have begun to look for them.

I also felt if this were pre-planned, he would have needed a gun to control them and possibly some means of keeping them quiet. I can't imagine there was any significant chase considering the terrain. It would also suggest that they weren't bound and dragged or carried for any real distance again because of the terrain. I felt that if he took them to where they were found, he did it with a gun or some considerable method to control and lead them there.

The new development of someone walking is intriguing because it means that he could have entered and exited the trails and area via different routes. It could be a more opportunistic crime and raises the question as to was he already there with items he would need to commit such a crime? If he was able to commit a crime without anything more than what he had on him, it would lead me to believe he's at least somewhat experienced in this.

I've mostly felt that this was a prepared offender who met them somewhere near the bridge and directed them away with a gun. I also figured he'd need some method of restraining at least one of them once they were at or near the area where they were killed. It could also have been someone who saw them upstream on the banks from the bridge and snuck up on them, but he'd still need to subdue one or both to manage such a crime without a gun aside from a blitz attack of some sort. In a blitz situation, I'd assume that one of the girls would have been murdered quickly and the other subdued in very short order. I just can't get my head around how someone alone could commit this crime on the two of them without having some weapons or tools. Either way, in an opportunity situation- you had someone who either was just there with the items he'd need to commit such a crime, or someone who was depraved and confident enough to pounce on 2 teenage girls in broad daylight with no weapons or tools in an area where others could have witnessed it.

I've really been hoping it wasn't a drifter because I've been worried that if it is, he'd manage to leave the area without anyone having known he had been there and be harder to track down. Still a ton of info that we don't have and I know I'm jumping around to a lot of conclusions.

Did they mention any specific roadways when seeking witnesses?

I concur with most every thought, conclusion and worry you've stated.

Yesterday I would have bet the farm it was not a lone-psycho-drifter but today... it seems this could be the case. 'Somehow this seems much more frightening. (He is the bogeyman)

Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Danielle Stislicki, Toni Anderson, Tommy Ballard, Crystal Ballard, Family of four--John & Christale Careaga & two 16yo sons, Elizabeth Salgado, Merrilee Cooley, Thelma Krull, Phoenix serial shootings—7 dead, 8 family members—Pike Co. Ohio, Sarah Long, Karen Swift, Monique Figueroa, Rebecca Paulk, Caleb Diehl, Missy Bevers………plus many others.

All unsolved.

Feels like the bad guys are winning sometimes, doesn’t it ?

I can "see" a face and hat as well, but the sizing is all off. Seems like the face alone would be about 6 feet tall. 😕

At the end of the previous post, somebody suggested that the high-level angle of the man walking might be from a selfie stick. That would fit, if somebody was taking a video of him/her/themselves and later realized they caught this man in the background walking past behind him/her/them.

fwiw all I see is a baby panda or a pigs head, which I highly doubt is either :p

I highly doubt it's anything beside an optical illusion, but for once, I see it! I never do! I think all the science I took in college severely depleted my imaginative skills, when I look at clouds I see...clouds. But I digress, it's likely nothing, but just wanted to properly share what is being "seen".

One more for those who need the extra help seeing it. You_Doodle_2017-02-20T22_08_09Z.jpghttps://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My interpretation of the brown at the top of the jeans that is a brown t shirt worn beneath the coat and hanging below the bottom of it over the top of the jeans....??

That could be anything, or it could simply be too much of a tip off to the perp that police know more than they're talking about in media, or that the girls somehow, even unintentionally, revealed something about the crime that the police don't want to reveal that they know..

Hi Jilly,

The backpack is key to me, for several reasons. I know some people think they see the perp with a backpack on as well as seeing Elvis but I think is is clearly one of the girls backpack, here is why. If the backpack belonged to perp, why would he discard it? More importantly, LE wants to know if anyone saw someone disposing of backpack....because that would neatly tie up their case against said person. Someone seeing the person(that person) in possession of one of the girls backpack's would have some explaining to do. Which also leads me to believe backpack was not in close proximity to where bodies were found.

I'm just not seeing it...it's no different the wood grain in a door that looks like owls (those I saw lol)

Having these couple of pictures are making people zoom in on every nail, twig and rock. I get it but I think it's getting a bit crazy.

Only thing we really need to concentrate on is that man. Did guitar ever come back and post the cleaned up version and I missed it?

I was also hoping he would. Since he works with LE (per his own words) maybe he sent the cleaned up versions to them first.

LEOs are still at the crime scene this afternoon and their bank of lights are still behind the cemetery where they found the girls. From the drop off point to the cemetery it is .4 miles by road. There is a trail from the north side of the bridge heading towards the crime scene, but after about 40 yards there is a drop off pretty much straight down to the water. There are beer cans along the trail not to far from the bridge. Leaving the scene would require one to either walk the road or to follow the edge of the field just inside the woods. The picture of the girl on the bridge shows her walking away from the side on which they were killed. The picture of the guy does not show blood which would have been present after he killed and fought with them. I would not be thinking a gun was used based on information available.

I figured the trail would be pretty busy today (and it was) so I parked in town and walked from the city park. It is 1.5 miles to high bridge and about 2 miles from the crime scene. If the guy was watching them and was parked at the drop off point he could have drove to the cemetery and watch/ambushed them from the top of the ridge. If the guy is experienced as many of you believe the above would allow easy capture and escape. I believe the photo on the bridge is from one of the girls phones and is before he attacked them.

There is a lane on the far side of the crime scene that I had forgotten about that leads to Brubaker's. Years ago when I was last down that lane it had a gate across itand you needed a remote control to open the gate. The lane is 1 1/4 mile long from the road to the house if I recall correctly.

Thank you for doing this it is much appreciated your imput is very valuable.

I can "see" a face and hat as well, but the sizing is all off. Seems like the face alone would be about 6 feet tall. ��

I see what you see too I think my brain is playing tricks on me.

I see a post that might have some rags or something wrapped around it.

I once mistook a post like that for a falcon. That was probably fifty years ago now and my family still teases me about it.

Good point!

IMO, it's likely that he was a suspect all along but was strategically identified as a POI in the hopes that someone close to him would feel more comfortable identifying him as the man in the photo.

That said, it's possible he was upgraded to suspect based on some evidence we don't know about, or even something as simple as his failure to come forward.

Is this the most confusing article? It reads to me that someone has been identified... but then goes on to say that they say the guy in the pic on the bridge is the suspect.

The headline reads "Suspect Identified in Killing of Indiana Girls Found on Hiking Trail"

http://ktla.com/2017/02/19/suspect-identified-in-killing-of-indiana-girls-found-on-hiking-trail/

I think they are meaning that the man in the photos is officially declared a suspect. Before they never actually called him a suspect. It's really confusing wording, but we all discussed this yesterday and came to that conclusion.

The mystery man goes from being a POI to a Suspect yet he is still on the loose??? How does this happen? Would they not need something from him to connect him to the murders ?

I am thinking he might have been their suspect as soon as they saw the picture. They might have evidence we know nothing about.

I am sure they didn't want to say he was a suspect when they first asked him to come on in for a quick visit with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay