IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FB group is tame compared to what is being said on some other " social" media sites in the Delphi area. name calling.

So thankful that WS doesn't allow what I hear is happening on other sites (I haven't visited them but get the gist from what is mentioned here.)

The rules here are great.

I cringe when I hear LE or MSM talk about internet sleuths or web detectives and the problems they cause. Those other sites do not represent us here at WS!!

jmo

Everyday I wake up and wonder if the suspect has been identified!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

<snip>

We are not privy as to reason why the official search did not begin at dawn yet waited until 11:45am.. Exhausted workers and volunteers? Waited on K9s to arrive? Met first for a search grid discussion? No doubt a legitimate reason. Thankfully, it did not take long once they picked up the search again. Poor baby girls. Evil caught them off guard, unprotected and defenseless.

Oh dear friend;we do go back a ways.:flashback:

February 15, just before 7 p.m.:
Indiana State Police released the photo above of a man they believe was on the Delphi Historic Trail around the time that Abigail Williams and Liberty German were there.
ISP wants to speak with the man or anyone parked in the lot near the bridge about what they may have saw.

On 2/15 approx 7pm:
ISP gives us two clues;ISP releases a photo of man who is a person of interest;ISP request an interview with anyone parked in the lot near the bridge to contact them about what they might have seen.

I believe since Abby & Libby's remains were located at 12:45pm 2/15.Then by 7pm approximately 6 hours later ISP had reason to believe 'photo man' and/or accomplices were in the vicinity of that parking lot. That was the two clues I picked up in their press release.

Fast forward to 2/19 1:15pm:
ISP releases news that man from the photos involvement is now substantiated and he is a suspect.I believe 'photo man' now being a suspect is a big clue because their dotting their i's and crossing their t's ;knowing full well it will become important later in the courts.

What evidence from the crime scene did they process that collaborated 'photo man's' involvement in Abby and Libby's murder. Could ISP have matched his DNA to a relation?How about possible DNA or blood as evidence perhaps transported in a bag from the crime scene.

***From post 439

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide
...that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

Could ISP have found a bag or have a photo of him with a bag?Or do they presume the man in photo has a pack or bag hidden in his bulky coat?

I am rambling.Any ones opinions are welcome.

Fixed broken link wthr.com
:cow: or My opinion only

I will not fault the efforts of the searchers on the ground, but I will fault decisions made those in charge at the time:

Why would the sheriff not call in the State Police before darkness fell. (or at least shortly after darkness fell) I am not familiar with how these small-town and small-county police procedures work in Indiana, but I would think that the State Police would have more resources, such as a helicopter with thermal imaging capabilities to help locate persons in the woods.

Also...statement from the sheriff posted on the IndyChannel timeline is disturbing: "February 14, 12 a.m.: The search for the two missing girls was scaled back around midnight because of the dark. At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning." http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found

Gee Whiz! two young girls missing in the cold dark woods for about 8 or 9 hours by that time (12 midnight) and he states that he had "no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger." What about hypothermia? Animal attack? Injury from a fall? There would be a whole range of things that could have happened to the 2 girls by that point at midnight. At that point, regardless of whether or not a crime had been committed, these two girls were is danger. And every hour and minute counted.

The girls not answering their phones would be all the more reason to keep up the search. In my opinion, he should have know at that point that he was not dealing with two runaways and something serious had happened to them and he should have called in any and all resources outside of his small department or county sheriff's office that was available to him. This assumes that the info posted by the IndyChannel is correct.
If they were moved to another location, all the searching in the world would not have found them in time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Oh dear friend;we do go back a ways.:flashback:

February 15, just before 7 p.m.:
Indiana State Police released the photo above of a man they believe was on the Delphi Historic Trail around the time that Abigail Williams and Liberty German were there.
ISP wants to speak with the man or anyone parked in the lot near the bridge about what they may have saw.

On 2/15 approx 7pm:
ISP gives us two clues;ISP releases a photo of man who is a person of interest;ISP request an interview with anyone parked in the lot near the bridge to contact them about what they might have seen.

I believe since Abby & Libby's remains were located at 12:45pm 2/15.Then by 7pm approximately 6 hours later ISP had reason to believe 'photo man' and/or accomplices were in the vicinity of that parking lot. That was the two clues I picked up in their press release.

Fast forward to 2/19 1:15pm:
ISP releases news that man from the photos involvement is now substantiated and he is a suspect.I believe 'photo man' now being a suspect is a big clue because their dotting their i's and crossing their t's ;knowing full well it will become important later in the courts.

What evidence from the crime scene did they process that collaborated 'photo man's' involvement in Abby and Libby's murder. Could ISP have matched his DNA to a relation?How about possible DNA or blood as evidence perhaps transported in a bag from the crime scene?***

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pou...oub
***From post 439
...that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

Could ISP have found a bag or have a photo of him with a bag?Or do they presume the man in photo has a pack or bag hidden in his bulky coat?

I am rambling.Any ones options are welcome.

:moo:

Good points all......the three or so days leading up to 2/19 when LE stated person in photo was suspect could have the length of time that it takes to process DNA evidence......I am just speculating here and trying
to be positive.

Indiana is pretty much made of small communities. so pretty much any death (muchless than a homicide) really affects it. I know when Wabash had there murder of the girl that her husband did. Everybody was affected. I know when my uncle lived in Delphi, and i would visit everyone almost knew each by name, hey tom, hey billy, hey samantha.
-
i have no doubt they will find him

I keep wondering how they know this guy in the photos is their perp now. Watched the local news this morning and they made it sound flat out they know this is the guy responsible. I wonder if he left behind some of the clothing seen in the photos? I hope they can catch this SOB through familial DNA. I hope a lot of people are donating their DNA!

A week ago, the search there had been suspended for the night, and LE, probably not alarmed themselves by tbe case, basically had said there was no cause for alarm in the hours previous.

12 hours later it turned into a double homicide investigation.

I live here in NE Indiana, and found out about fhe case on Thursday. I still maintain a regional, multi-state alert should have been issued.

This guy is long gone folks, and by that I mean he's no longer in the immediate area. He knew how to get in and out quickly. Could have done dry runs this winfer, as it's been mild for the most part. May have lived in the immediate area in the past.

Just trying to build a psych profile, here. Someone familiar with fishing. Has an interest in parks such as these, for a variety of reasons, but one of tbem centering around violent crime.

He knew he would raise little suspicion, with his disguise. He planned it in advance, as the clothing, while odd in some ways (for a variety of reasons) is suitable for the conditions. In warmer weather he could not have pulled this off. Foliage is non-existent, working in his favor, considering the premeditated crime he had planned, and fhat he may have used optics or jusf plain line-of-sight to see his target(s), across a large expanse.

I've hiked in urban, rural, and hilly/mountainous areas. One park where I'm from is in a densely populated city, but like this one is an old, abandoned railroad property. I swear I hiked that park, entering via a parking lot, down the main hard surface trail, many times over about a 3 year period, yet it wasn't until a November day that I noticed right off the trail on one side was a huge berm, and on the other side beyond the trees are the remains of old industrial buildings' foundations. We're talking mere feet, 30-50 feet on one side, and about 200 on the other. Features obscured by foliage, after decades of lack of use by the old owners.

Arthur Shawcross wasn't a hiker, either, in fact he was middle-aged and out-of-shape when he left one of his victims in the gorge below the area I described above. He knew the area, after having lived in the city for a short time, and had talked like any seemingly normal person would to those around him. People I know who met him had no suspicions about him, until he got picked up in (I think it was 1990). Co-workers and others had no idea the guy had murdered two young children in Watertown, NY, in 1972, and after being paroled ended up in Rochester.

This sick planned this well in advance. His urges, like other serial killers, get the best of him, but he's more methodical than a dummy like Shawcross. More similar to the guy in Buffalo I don't remember fhe name of, and other killers who target young women in public parks. This one knows the areas of several parks where he knows his female victims will be most vulnerable, but he can't strike every time he gets an urge. To him, it's a game. Even if someone alerted law enforcement to this , images like those we've seen would be all they could go on.

Ten guys at my local Rural King store could pass for this dude. He knows this, and can slip in and out of a scenario like this, especially considering the time of year.

Great post, FD, thanks.

I wonder if John Walsh has been notified of this case as well? He's really good at what he does, I think he could be a huge help. I haven't seen anything on his social media about it.

Edit: I tweeted this case to John Walsh. I think it would help if others did too. He's a huge resource.

Can someone please post the link saying he may have disguised himself? I can't find anything like that. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if John Walsh has been notified of this case as well? He's really good at what he does, I think he could be a huge help. I haven't seen anything on his social media about it.

Edit: I tweeted this case to John Walsh. I think it would help if others did too. He's a huge resource.
Who is John Walsh and what does he do please?

Who is John Walsh and what does he do please?

His son was murdered in the late 80s or early 90s (sorry can't remember). He created the show America's Most Wanted, and now has the show The Hunt with John Walsh. He's been huge in finding criminals, mostly murderers and pedophiles for nearly 2 decades. America's Most Wanted lead to capturing TONS of fugitives on the run. He also co-founded the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. He is a HUGE huge resource to families with circumstances similar to Liberty and Abby.

Edit: America's Most Wanted alone lead to capturing over 1,000 suspects. The show is no longer on, but he still has so many resources and continues to search for these SOBs

I keep wondering how they know this guy in the photos is their perp now. Watched the local news this morning and they made it sound flat out they know this is the guy responsible. I wonder if he left behind some of the clothing seen in the photos? I hope they can catch this SOB through familial DNA. I hope a lot of people are donating their DNA!

To me it indicates that he HAD TO HAVE left something behind that they see in this photo. DNA couldn't even have been analyzed that fast.

To me it indicates that he HAD TO HAVE left something behind that they see in this photo. DNA couldn't even have been analyzed that fast.

Agreed, and I don't think DNA would be what lead them to believe this is their guy. If so they'd have a name for him. I'm assuming he left behind something seen in these photos, thats my only thought.

I am having a hard time seeing this man at this age wake up one day and take two beautiful young girls lives. He had to have done something like this before. IMO. With the manner of death, I would think they could compare to someone else who died this way and compare cases. I'm sick we are on thread 5 and this is where they're at. Those poor families.

I totally agree. I suspect this is NOT his first offense. My first reason...is that to kill two together is rather cocky. He must have confidence and strategies that he's learned from. My second reason would be his age...which I'm estimating he's in his 40s or 50s due to the way he's walking.

If the perp is not living in Delphi....I think he is familiar with it, or somehow has ties to the community....in order to know about the walking trail and bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member