IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Wiggle Bottom, you asked last night in the now-closed thread about alibis given to LE not being candid.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

DELPHI, Ind. — Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.

"They’re seeing that maybe there are some discrepancies going on," Riley said about rechecking the alibis.“It’s just making sure we don’t miss something.”

Investigators are attempting to independently corroborate alibis that didn't add up, and if need be, find out why there are discrepancies, Leazenby said.

True that it does not name anyone specifically. I wouldn't expect LE to reveal the name(s) but color me suspicious. IMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

"There's still some fear and some concern out there, because obviously no one has been arrested at this point," Leazenby said on Wednesday. "But there's still a lot of support behind the investigation."

I looked at the image here again and thinking about the distance (70-80) feet away, and the obvious angle to me indicating the girls were off the RRT. I think that the blurry parts of the image may be tree branchs that were between them and the suspect. Jmo

Thanks Elley Mae for restoring my faith in what I believe I saw in the very very beginning (before I was dreaming about this case lol). I saw the picture where branches were where the smudges were which had me believing the girls were hiding at end of bridge peeking and videoing. I may be crazy because there is no longer anything to support this but I can still visualize those branches lol!! So, thank you for keeping my belief alive lol!!

I could well be dreaming, but did RL hurt his wrist from his horse's lead shank? I looked for it last night but couldn't find the interview where he has his horse with him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Someone thought he was wearing an Ace bandage but someone else familiar with horses said it was some lead or whatever the terminology is that was wrapped around his hand. I think it may have been expatcanada so maybe she'll address it again. I think you were dreaming because I don't recall RL having noticeable injuries.

I remember similar to Bemused. Don't remember an injury but he was wearing something to protect the arm from the horse lead rope.

I think having the videos in both instances may be giving LE and potential witnesses tunnel vision. I can't help but say to myself, What path would these investigations have taken without these images? WHO would be the main suspects?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They go where the evidence leads them. I'd say their vision is focused rather than tunnel because the evidence tells them to focus their attention in a particular direction. The evidence does not lie and it will tell LE the tale. IMO

Was it correct that RL only had one month left to go on his probation?

I think the video/audio is fantastic evidence and is doing its job - helping to get the ~15,000 tips that have come in and the >100 tips that continue to come in each day.

Like Prosecutor Robert Ives mentioned in March, I think they may have already interviewed the killer. But, maybe he convincingly lied about his alibi and someone else close to him lied and corroborated it - IMO I think that's very possible. Then what do you do? You have to put it on the back burner, or keep investigating and looking at other things, talking to people, etc.

That is a lot of tips they have to go through, follow up on, interview people, etc. etc. It just may take some time and a couple of diligent dogged cops/investigators that are going to keep going over the information, knocking on doors and speaking with people, following their instincts until finally it comes together.

Some crimes take years to solve and some never get solved, which is horrible for the families/friends to go through. I think this will get solved, it just may take some time.

March 14, 2017
Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives told CBS4 the law of averages favors that of the thousands of tips that have poured in and the hundreds of doors police and FBI agents have knocked on in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”

April 13
Sgt. Riley says investigators remain focused and confident as they continue to sort through the thousands of tips that have come in. He said the volume has gone down over the weeks, but they are still receiving between 100-125 new tips each day. Roughly 10 different agencies remain actively involved in the investigation and between 20 and 30 investigators continue working on the case each day, sorting through tips, searching for new leads and interviewing people based on the information they’ve received.

===
Over 15,000 tips have poured in and a reward has climbed to more than $234,000, Riley said. Leazenby said authorities follow each tip they get, and he said about 14 investigators -- from the FBI, Indiana State Police, Delphi police and Carroll County Sheriff's Office -- are working on the case each day.

References:
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/14/some...on-says-prosecutor-in-hunt-for-delphi-killer/
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders
http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

Just bringing this post from Bemused re NiN's pic over from the last thread

If you have an opinion on the odd thing on the left thigh I'd love to hear it. I think that's what Han referred to as a camera, or looking like a camera. It does rather look like a video camera to me, but maybe it's just the sun hitting the fabric.

attachment.php

OK, so this is waaaaaay more supposition than I'm usually happy to post & I don't feel anywhere near confident about this, in fact I'm probably going to debunk it myself within the hour, it was just the first thing that popped into my head when I (finally) really paid attention & looked at that glow on his hip.

I always thought it was just the pale skin of his hand/wrist pixelating due to the zoom, or the sun catching his watch. It's nowhere near as obvious how much it changes size & how bright it truly becomes when you're only looking at the stills.

Anyway, the first thing that popped into my head as I watched it over & over was "stun baton" - it looks like he could be walking along sparking a stun baton in one hand.

There are several small & easily concealed models here for anyone who hasn't seen the wide variation available

http://hiconsumption.com/2015/05/best-stun-guns/

*IF* ( huge IF) that's what it is, it would explain the girls feeling threatened at a distance even if this was the first time they ever laid eyes on him. It would explain Libby feeling alarmed enough to film him. It would explain them feeling threatened enough to do everything they were instructed to do. It would explain his ability to quickly & quietly subdue two teenagers once they reached the final site.

Of course, I have no idea what the "glow" from a stun gun would look like in daylight, at a distance, in a heavily pixelated & zoomed video still. So maybe it is just the sun reflecting off his watch.

In any case this dug up an old, old long forgotten memory for me. I remember my best friend & I being 16 yrs old & getting stranded very late one night at a deserted bus stop by a railway line in a bad area of western Sydney (how we ended up there is a story in itself). While we waited in the dark for a ride out of there, we heard a really weird noise in the distance & looked up to see a guy walking down the rd very determinedly & fast. He was dressed all in black, his face was concealed with a balaclava & he was violently swinging a set of nunchucks.

I remember how my blood ran cold as he came towards us. It didn't occur to us to run though in hindsight I knew we should have. Instead we pretended it wasn't happening & hoped he'd just keep going past us - & luckily for us he did, but first he came deliberately close to us & I still remember bracing for the impact as he did it.

I also distinctly remember feeling EXTREMELY angry with him for making me feel so afraid on what had already been a pretty awful night - my thoughts went along the lines of "what a big @#&% man you are doing this to 2 schoolgirls". Digital cameras & cell ph's didn't exist back then, but if they did we probably would've tried to film him, not so much for police, but to prove to everyone it really happened & also see if anyone knew who the jerk was.

Something I wrote last night, just as the thread closed. I hope it's still fitting now; it's a plausible reason for recording rather than running or calling 911..

If the girls had encountered BG earlier, I would imagine they passed each other earlier and there was something about him that they found odd or suspicious. It might have been that he was talking/mumbling to himself, he was glaring at them, he appeared to be trying to hide his face or any number of other things. Whatever it was might have been just weird enough to want to show him to someone else (see if anyone knew him and if he was crazy or something), but not weird enough at that time to make them think they might be in any real danger. MOO

While I don't ride the RL bandwagon, there may be a sliver of evidence expected to be found on his property based on PC SW.
We can all take a guess at why Liberty recorded the BG. She did. Let's make the best of it. :cow:

I'm currently placing BG in the late 20's age range.
BG has been employed in minimum wage jobs without satisfaction.
BG is poor and may not always have access to a cellular phone.
BG is a skilled hunter, trapper and fisherman based mostly on a need to survive.
BG hoards weapons and is quite skilled at using them.
BG was born nearby yet has been in the area drifting. Perhaps dealing drugs, hunting and foraging for food.
BG possesses a deep resentment of young females, in particular, and people, in general.
BG could have someone, or even musical lyrics, planting seeds in his mind for this type event.
BG has/had an aquarium.
BG is untrustworthy, prone to bursts of outrage, not able to maintain a lengthy relationship.
BG blames others for his downfalls in life without accepting responsibility.
BG often skirts the law but does not have an arrest record.

They go where the evidence leads them. I'd say their vision is focused rather than tunnel because the evidence tells them to focus their attention in a particular direction. The evidence does not lie and it will tell LE the tale. IMO
To a certain extent I slightly disagree. I am talking about FINDING the perps, not convicting them. I am talking about a potential informant/witness second guessing themselves based solely upon images that are blurry at best. A path to denial if you may. Also in the Missy Bevers case which was also referenced here, I do believe they have tunnel vision. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Has there been any confirmation from a reputable source that sexual assault did or did not occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am copying this from Kyja's post on the previous thread, post #953 :
"According to this article which includes a picture of Abby's mum's fb post, the girls hadn't been heard from since a round 3:30pm. Anna's fb post was at 6:49pm and she stated the girls haven't been in contact for about 3 hours.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...2026d6e26a6f75"

The stated timing is important. The girls were supposed to have someone be at the pickup point between 3-3:30 pm. They may not have been at the taped crime scene until 2:45-3:00pm, depending on what took place between the bridge and the cs. But if Abby's mother is right about the time, (and I do not doubt her on this - she would have known down to the last minute), then either someone called them at 3:30, causing a phone to ring, or someone showed up at the park at 3:30 and couldn't find the girls (and may have yelled their names or honked the car horn).
All of this leaves very little time for the perp to do whatever was done and then make a clean getaway. It bugs me that LE won't even release a timeline for these things. It sure would clarify a lot of things. However, IF they already know who the killer is, and are waiting for more evidence to arrest him, then I guess they don't feel the need to release anything at all.
MOO

gitana1, if you're still reading...

In your learned opinion, would LE find someone lying to them as to their alibi in a murder investigation be enough to submit an affidavit to a judge asking for a probable cause search warrant? If so, in your opinion, would it be limited as to specific items or broad in scope and allow LE to look for anything and anywhere? TIA

Just marking my spot really.

Not much I feel I can add to most of the conversations, So I lurk and check if anything new has happened.

Still hoping for justice. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member