IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is not a taboo topic (apologies if so mods) but I've seen no discussion here of suspicions re the volunteer searcher who found the bodies. Given that I've seen this discussed elsewhere, even audio and photo comparisons of this person to BG, I'm just wondering if topic has come up here. Back to lurking....

There has been some speculation and suspicion. The LEOs will have put that person(s) through a thorough exam with a rubber glove, IMO.

How close is the cemetery from where the girls were found? I'm assuming all persons that might possibly have been around the cemetery have been questioned????

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I'm sure this has been discussed before but since we're rehashing, reading this, the second sentence, does anyone have any ideas as to what prompted LE?

Feb 16, 2017
"We are asking help from the public to help identify him so he can be contacted regarding what he might have seen," police said in a statement Wednesday. "Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-search-man-photographed-area-slain-indiana-teens/story?id=45534059

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure this has been discussed before but since we're rehashing, reading this, the second sentence, does anyone have any ideas as to what prompted LE?

Feb 16, 2017
"We are asking help from the public to help identify him so he can be contacted regarding what he might have seen," police said in a statement Wednesday. "Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-search-man-photographed-area-slain-indiana-teens/story?id=45534059

I'm sure because they are wondering what if anything anyone was seen walking or In the area. I have a feeling the suspect didn't come from the bridge. They came from beneath the bridge. MOO MOO MOO...

I hope this is not a taboo topic (apologies if so mods) but I've seen no discussion here of suspicions re the volunteer searcher who found the bodies. Given that I've seen this discussed elsewhere, even audio and photo comparisons of this person to BG, I'm just wondering if topic has come up here. Back to lurking....

I'm sorry, I may be late to the party, but I don't recall seeing a definitive answer with respect to who actually did find the bodies. Can anyone speak?

I'm sorry, I may be late to the party, but I don't recall seeing a definitive answer with respect to who actually did find the bodies. Can anyone speak?

The news link has been posted many times on the threads. It was a neighbor who volunteered with the search party. The person is not named in the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a million-dollar question right there and I sure wish we could discuss it because I think that's the best piece of evidence in the entire case. I really think that voice is the same

Is there a video of the person who found them?

It depends on where you saw this info linked.

I haven't seen the person named or his photograph.

I'm sure because they are wondering what if anything anyone was seen walking or In the area. I have a feeling the suspect didn't come from the bridge. They came from beneath the bridge. MOO MOO MOO...

Thanks. Maybe it's only the wording that I find confusing because it mentions only "parked at" but not walking.

I can't figure out why LE is having such a hard time finding him; everybody else all over the country seems to see him every time they turn around! Sorry, I've been fighting the urge to say that for a while now, and I finally lost the fight.

I had to remove myself from the SM groups because I was actually getting upset by some of the comments. People have been on a witchhunt, and not over anyone in particular. With nothing but that photo released, they are seeing BG in everyone they see-and reporting it. No wonder LE has had more than 3,000 tips. I was getting frustrated with those stating that they were calling in tips not only because a random guy they saw in Wal-Mart on the other side of the country resembled BG, but because saw someone buying items that they thought were "suspicious." "I saw a guy that resembled BG down in Florida. He walked into the store and bought 3 containers of lighter fluid. I made sure to call in the tip to LE right away!" (I made up that example, but I've seen similar things.) I know they wanted our help, but I suspect that the majority of the "tips" have been, er, unhelpful.

That's the main reason I have always been a fan of WS. The fact that we can't use names unless they've been named as suspects and POIs keeps this site controlled. And me sane.

I promise you, there is no hat or hood. There is a dark shadow being cast over the left side of his face/head, our right side looking straight on at him. Making things appear like something is on his head. The right side of his head "our left looking straight on" is clearly visible, uncovered, you can see he has a full head of brown hair.

This guy has benefited enormously from the blind luck of this image being distorted by a shadow seemingly cast in the perfect place over part of his head/face. He does not have a hat or hood on, he doesn't have glasses on.

I'm sorry to keep harping on this unpopular opinion but I am certain, he isn't wearing anything on his head and if you study it you'll see it also.

Instead of viewing it as a hat or hood, look at it as a shadow being cast over the left side of his head, almost looks like the state of Florida starting at the back left side of his head and pointing down almost between his eyes at the tip.
Once you realize that it's a shadow you start to see there isn't anything on his head except a head full of hair. It changes the image to a much more detailed shot of what this guy looks like.

I can definitely see what you are referring to, but it still looks like a hat to me. I am not seeing hair. In fact, I am now seeing a shadow over a ball cap.

I can't figure out why LE is having such a hard time finding him; everybody else all over the country seems to see him every time they turn around! Sorry, I've been fighting the urge to say that for a while now, and I finally lost the fight.

I don't mean to make light of a tragic situation but I can't help but think of BG as the 234,000 Dollar Man.

That he brought them back or left them at the crime scene is part of the profile as though he wanted them to be found. The COD. 2 girls is part of the profile. Broad daylight. The type of weapon. SA. Level of violence. Alot of things, it's quite a science to come up with the profile of a killer. But the experts determine if it's one person or more, young or older, incited by the violence or by control or sex or even if it fits the profile of a gang hit or attempt at sexual trafficking gone wrong.
They could develop all of this and have someone totally in their sites but if that person has an alibi they need someone to provide testimony that puts them at the bridge at that time instead of where they said they were, so they need to ask for the person who recognizes this one guy to come forward and do the right thing.

I am not sure the suspect was concerned whether they were found or not. I do think he acted quickly on a situation he had been thinking about and preparing. IMO. I also think there may be a chain of evidence from under the bridge to the other side of the creek, and I do think the Deer Creek was crossed in this crime, based on the simplest of routes to get there based on the location of the crime scene. My feeling this is a crime of opportunity and a perp who wanted to get in and out fast. This is all IMO. I have been following this tragedy since the beginning, like many of you have.

I guess my question is about the timeline. The girls were dropped off at 1:30 and if the pic of Libby was posted a little after 2, that would mean the girls had a little over 30 minutes to get from the drop off site to the end of the bridge. I don't see much time there for them to have ventured off course. Any one have any ideas on that?

Hi. We don't know the name of the volunteer searcher who found the girls per MSM. Anything else (youtube b.s., etc) is just rumor/speculation and not allowed here.

Hi. We don't know the name of the volunteer searcher who found the girls per MSM. Anything else (youtube b.s., etc) is just rumor/speculation and not allowed here.

Unless they have a new MSM source of course.

Some WS people have discussed theories that this murder may have been​ planned and targeted. Jumping from that, I wonder if the group has discussed a couple of theories. (I'm thinking so because these aren't rocket science, but here goes.)

Libby had an open FB page, and I think she posted pics there. But did she or others post on her timeline?

As far as we know, did she divulge on SM info about her plans for other warm days from the past?

FB changes its interface and privacy settings all the effin time. I wonder if she posted plans to a group she thought was limited or private but that wasn't as private as she might have thought.

If we don't know of Libby intentionally posting plans on SM, then from a technology perspective, could someone "watch" the girls' online conversations or activities? ...enough to know their plans? In other words, can tech be insecure enough to give a BG access to something not designed to be public?

These might be dumbass​ questions after perhaps binge watching too many seasons of shows like 24, where every technological thing is possible and easy. ☺️

From a non-technology perspective, I'm wondering what we know about their daily schedule.

How did they get to school each day? Did they walk or bike? Did they take a school bus, public transportation, or get a ride?

After school, did they go home straight away? Was anyone in the house when they got home each day?

Did they have babysitting jobs?

We know L&A were athletic. Did local sports teams run or train on the trails near the bridge?

The above is just my opinion.

I am not sure the suspect was concerned whether they were found or not. I do think he acted quickly on a situation he had been thinking about and preparing. IMO. I also think there may be a chain of evidence from under the bridge to the other side of the creek, and I do think the Deer Creek was crossed in this crime, based on the simplest of routes to get there based on the location of the crime scene. My feeling this is a crime of opportunity and a perp who wanted to get in and out fast. This is all IMO. I have been following this tragedy since the beginning, like many of you have.

I guess my question is about the timeline. The girls were dropped off at 1:30 and if the pic of Libby was posted a little after 2, that would mean the girls had a little over 30 minutes to get from the drop off site to the end of the bridge. I don't see much time there for them to have ventured off course. Any one have any ideas on that?

Judging by a couple of videos posted here, including one by Gray Hughes on YouTube, it would take approximately 7 minutes to walk from the parking are to the bridge. The bridge itself could be crossed by a healthy adult male in under 4 minutes, byt my simple math, as the bridge is 850 feet long. The girls were taking their time, plus we don't know if there were geocaches or other stuff they may be looking for along the way.

I think at this point we need to keep in mind the actual trail ends at the bridge, and the bridge itself is still CSX (private) property. Be that as it may, I figure they were almost at the SE end of the bridge in under 25 minutes from being dropped off, probably hanging out up there, taking pics and video. Could have taken 30 minutes, I think that's about our max time from drop off to the end of the bridge.

Either before then or around then, I'm thinking 2:15-ish, is when BG appears.

I truly don't think BG grabbed anyone on the bridge. Simply look at the pictures and how high it is. He isn't exactly super fit. I do feel they left the area early before pickup time and started home towards Libby's house. It wasn't that far away. I'm sure he spooked them on the bridge. On their walk home he could have found the girls again either via car or on foot. Providing BG is actually the person who took their lives.

'Down the hill' could have been anywhere in the vicinity. Even away from the bridge.

Which direction was Libby's home, does anyone know? I don't recall seeing it plotted on a map. I'm wondering if it's possible to get there by taking a short cut, a cross country route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member