IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok isn't like it's a "big town" to ping all over ...switches back and forth to the strongest tower connection ...wouldn't even have to move but a couple feet according to the way land lies...and reception would hit different ...I'll get the link I read up on to help out ...bb

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]
We've been over this many times but I'll repeat. A stationary phone can ping on different towers for a variety of reasons. I personally live an approximately equal distance between two tower in two rural town. At any given time my phone will ping on one or the other. I know this because my weather app will show one or the other of those towns. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Isn't it possible to figure out what cell phones have pinged to which tower? That's one way to deduce where RL's phone pinged and if it was in Lafayette.

Also it's a good investigative way to see exactly what phones pinged to the same towers as Libby and possibly Abby's phone. Could be a similar match around same time frames.

Ok isn't like it's a "big town" to ping all over ...switches back and forth to the strongest tower connection ...wouldn't even have to move but a couple feet according to the way land lies...and reception would hit different ...I'll get the link I read up on to help out ...bb

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/what-your-cell-phone-cant-tell-the-police

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I believe I heard 3 in Delphi, could you check Lafayette while your looking? Tia

I do have a copy that I had done earlier that lines the face up better, but I had also done some work with shadows, contrast, etc. The thing that surprised me about it is that it does look like he may be wearing glasses in that one (at least to my eyes). I see no sign of them in any of the others. I've added it here, but may try another in a day or so.
View attachment 115576
This is great. I can actually see eyes. Kinda does look like glasses, too. I can't decide if the dark, horizontalish area under his nose is his mouth or a mustache. Great job. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I lightened it a little bit and increased the contrast. I also increased the color saturation on the face so it doesn't blend with the jacket as much. I also smudged the background just so it was easier to see where the head ended.

Hey Confusion, was the picture smoothed or softened at all? Just curious.

I just want to add,,that everyone should not rationalize everything away...in the last 6 months,the grandson of a good friend of mine has been accused of murder,,and the friend of a family member has been as well...both brutal murders. Small town,,due to the meth and heiron ,,,isn't what it used be
Just thought i'd post...this is old,but watching helps to give me faith this will be solved. Pat is such a great guy! Makes me proud to be a hoosier.
[video=youtube;dfd2Va_fe2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfd2Va_fe2k[/video]

you are correct, i have a big monitor, and it's plain as day his hat is off in one pic, and on in the other.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. I haven't made any conclusions to confirm. I've done my best not to change his face or body other than the darkness of shadows and the distraction of the background, but I can see why you might feel they've been altered. Sorry they haven't been any help to you.
No, I didn't say your picture, I was stating in general photos get altered and it leads to confirmation of what one wants to believe. It happens a lot in these threads and can be a slippery slope. Once someone drew boxes and lunch bags on the bg, if you can recall? I thought it was to be funny but that was a serious post.
ETA: I feel it's not something the public should do as the police don't want it altered and that's my thing on these threads.

I enjoy your posts quite often actually.

you are correct, i have a big monitor, and it's plain as day his hat is off in one pic, and on in the other.

I wondered if it had blown off. I know we all found out the weather at some point on that day. I'd be curious to see how windy it was as well.Imo always

I had a silly idea a few threads back but didn't ever hear back if anyone had tried. But I remember some controversy over if the loop was saying down the hill or get down the hill. And I know some of the programs that type out what people say can be pricey. Imo always. But I was curious to see if anyone played the loop to Siri via iPhone ipad? I know it's not the most reliable way to try. But I know when you speak to Siri it types out the words. So I was curious about it.

Hey Confusion, was the picture smoothed or softened at all? Just curious.

I believe I did soften the background after smudging it, but I don''t think I did on anything else. That always seems to me like it makes it less clear rather than more

I just want to add,,that everyone should not rationalize everything away...in the last 6 months,the grandson of a good friend of mine has been accused of murder,,and the friend of a family member has been as well...both brutal murders. Small town,,due to the meth and heiron ,,,isn't what it used be

Aww thanks for the reminder vid. I feel so horrible for the family's. And I agree don't rationalize it away it might be the one tip they are looking for.Imo always

No, I didn't say your picture, I was stating in general photos get altered and it leads to confirmation of what one wants to believe. It happens a lot in these threads and can be a slippery slope. Once someone drew boxes and lunch bags on the bg, if you can recall? I thought it was to be funny but that was a serious post.
ETA: I feel it's not something the public should do as the police don't want it altered and that's my thing on these threads.

I enjoy your posts quite often actually.
Thanks for clarifying. I have to admit that I don't see a lot of the things others see (and circle or outline) on the pictures.

I'm very sorry, I truly am and I hope they're not guilty of murder. Maybe it will all come out all right. What do you want when you say everyone shouldn't rationalize everything away? I don't understand.

What is the general protocol for LE across each state to announce a case may be a serial killer? Do they ever actually announce that?

I'm very sorry, I truly am and I hope they're not guilty of murder. Maybe it will all come out all right. What do you want when you say everyone shouldn't rationalize everything away? I don't understand.

Hi Han, I know you're not asking me, but I said the same and feel it's important. It's when you think you might know something or recognize someone, but you blow it off, or tgink" nah that person is great they'd never harm a fly let alone children, heck they babysit mine." For example. Or the picture you think "nah the hats hair or vise versa it can't be, but those clothes and that stance, but nahhh." Another example. That's rationalizing. Imo always And it's important to not do that because even if it seems insignificant to you, it might be the last piece of the puzzle that LE needs.

I agree. I am not seeing a young guy. I am guessing 40s - 60. The cleaned up photo looks different, but not accurate to me. JMO

I am definitely not seeing someone who looks 25. I am 27, and the way he is dressed appears older than that of any men I know in their 20s. I now see 35-40 instead of 55-60 though. Good job on the photo clean-up.

"Well, once there was always dark. If you ask me, the light’s winning.”

What is the general protocol for LE across each state to announce a case may be a serial killer? Do they ever actually announce that?

I found this interesting it explains all of it imo.
"Press releases regarding the investigative effort should always have a positive tone. The PIO should continually remind the community that every available resource is being utilized in the investigation. A release can also include statements that discuss the impact of the case on the community, including the nature and scope of the threat to potential victims and the steps being taken by law enforcement to educate the community."
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder#nine

If, perhaps, the reason why the cs is in that particular area on RL's back 40, near the creek is bc the girls were walked "down the hill" from an outbuilding around, near RL's property. It's been my thought all along that this is the reason for PC SW at his home , barn, etc.
In a small town everybody knows everybody's business and could have known RL was out for the day and his property would be safe to use for nefarious reasons. So BG+whomever took the girls there first.

Even if his property, outbuildings wasn't used for nefarious purpose, maybe his property was a better place to park near, remove girls from car and walk them from there, and not be seen from the cemetery, trailhead entrances where family was still possibly parked and searching thru the night.

Reason why they removed his truck & searched? He gave someone a ride or someone borrowed his truck transporting girls ? while he was gone with friends and family doing whatever he was doing til 630 pm 2/13.
JMO. Speculating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
how do you think RL got to Lafayette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads