IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible I would like to hear in short form how to create a full pic of 2 layers. I have one layer with the brighter half of BG's face and a second layer with the mirrored half face. I want to join the halfs to get a full face. But I'm too stupid and don't find the function on Gimp. (Have played around several hours already.)
I think it will originate some monster face though I would like to try.

Hi FromGermany, I know you didn't ask me for this, so feel free to totally disregard my attempts. I have been working on this project for awhile now with the other image which has not been a great success (you may have seen the jabs back and forth regarding BG looking like a werewolf, lol) and I had just finished mirroring this image when I came to check the thread.

Here are the results. See what you think? Your thoughts?

Mirrored image, unsharpened:
attachment.php

Mirrored image, sharpened:
attachment.php

Beginning image:
attachment.php

I started with my original adjusted image (face realigned properly), did a mirror overlay at 70%, smoothed out the edges of the rectangular shaped overlay. That was it.

Attachments

• croppedmirroredadjustedbg.jpg
    croppedmirroredadjustedbg.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 526
  • croppedadjustedexposuremirroredbg.jpg
    croppedadjustedexposuremirroredbg.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 522
  • adjusted final 2.png
    adjusted final 2.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 520
In Photoshop you would use a mask ... does your software have that feature?

I think it has. There are many many functions of which I know only a fragment, unfortunately. Maybe, the version Gimp 2.8 is quite outdated too.

He took the girls to a quiet isolated location to ensure that he wouldn't be disturbed. He had a minimum of 3 hours before the search started at the North end of the park and more time before searchers were looking in the creek area. We don't know when he committed the second murder and left the area, but given that he has not been arrested it's a safe bet that he had time to scan the area to ensure that nothing was left behind.

My understanding is that most victims of this type of abduction are murdered within two hours of abduction. This suspect had at least three hours before the alarm was sounded, suggesting that he was not rushed by anyone for any reason.
A very good possibility, but we don't know. To transport two bodies up to an outbuilding and back down I think would be more trouble than its worth. I get the feeling we read into the killer some steely expertise he is lacking. Somehow this crime doesn't duplicate others in vital areas, and we cannot assume the killer knew what he was doing. From that standpoint, he would have been awestruck to see an immobile body and possibly scared off by a car door slamming its echo into his consciousness. We do need to keep all possibilities aired, and opinions won't be settled until proof is made. I just like to think the killer was inadequate to begin with, and his dirty deed full of errors.

IF I remember well, LE said we should take a look especially at BG's nose too. Until now I thought because his nose seems big or sometimes (dependent on the pic) a little bit "deformed".
Is there a member who sees possibly a pressure point of goggles ...?? I don't see it but maybe someone other.

The goggles theory wasn't mine until today. Just now I'm beginning to become friend with the theory. - I need an answer, please.

I'm not sure what you may remember but nothing I've ever read or watched mentions BG's nose. Just yesterday LE and the family once again pleaded for tips, any and all tips that people think might to be important.

I think it has. There are many many functions of which I know only a fragment, unfortunately. Maybe, the version Gimp 2.8 is quite outdated too.

In PhotoShop, if I wanted to merge parts of two photos, I would add a mask to each layer. A mask blanks out part of the image. After adding the mask, you can merge the two halves into one. Another method to lighten the right side of the face is the dodge tool. This simply lightens that spot without losing detail.

Hi FromGermany, I know you didn't ask me for this, so feel free to totally disregard my attempts. I have been working on this for awhile now (you may have seen the jabs back and forth regarding BG looking like a werewolf, lol) and I had just finished mirroring the image when I came to check the thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beginning image:
attachment.php

I started with my original adjusted image (face realigned properly), did a mirror overlay at 70%, smoothed out the edges of the rectangular shaped overlay. That was it.

Thank you very much! :D Of course I do like a reply from you! - Your BG doesn't look like a monster! I think it will even help the investigation!

A very good possibility, but we don't know. To transport two bodies up to an outbuilding and back down I think would be more trouble than its worth. I get the feeling we read into the killer some steely expertise he is lacking. Somehow this crime doesn't duplicate others in vital areas, and we cannot assume the killer knew what he was doing. From that standpoint, he would have been awestruck to see an immobile body and possibly scared off by a car door slamming its echo into his consciousness. We do need to keep all possibilities aired, and opinions won't be settled until proof is made. I just like to think the killer was inadequate to begin with, and his dirty deed full of errors.

I doubt a murderer is going to carry dead bodies around an isolated area. He's going to take the girls to the place where he intends to murder them and leave the bodies there when he is done.

I am assuming that the suspect knew exactly what he was doing. I think he parked his vehicle in a secluded location and that he marched the girls close to that vehicle simply because he wants to leave the area quickly after committing the murders.

What slamming car doors would be heard next to the creek where the bodies were found?

The software program should have options to choose color settings. In Photoshop, the color setting is applied based on intended use.
Great point. I was surprised ISP posted the photo that way, I had to double take a few days ago to figure out why the colors and contrast were different between Chrome and PPT.

Here is what I see below.

attachment.php

Attachments

• color.PNG
    color.PNG
    297.7 KB · Views: 293
He took the girls to a quiet isolated location to ensure that he wouldn't be disturbed. He had a minimum of 3 hours before the search started at the North end of the park and more time before searchers were looking in the creek area. We don't know when he committed the second murder and left the area, but given that he has not been arrested it's a safe bet that he had time to scan the area to ensure that nothing was left behind.

My understanding is that most victims of this type of abduction are murdered within two hours of abduction. This suspect had at least three hours before the alarm was sounded, suggesting that he was not rushed by anyone for any reason.

There's also the people who were supposedly there after the girls. The girl who said she was there and that she saw one guy when she first got there, then a couple once she got on the bridge. According to her - she took a pic on the bridge at around 3:49 pm (iirc). However, I didn't see what time she actually arrived there mentioned and we don't know what time the guy or the couple she saw got there either. I assume the couple got there before she did, since she said they were already on the bridge when she got to it and with not knowing what time she arrived or how long she took getting to the bridge, who knows how long the couple were there before she saw them. His time to do whatever he did and get out of there could have been even less.

jmo

In PhotoShop, if I wanted to merge parts of two photos, I would add a mask to each layer. A mask blanks out part of the image. After adding the mask, you can merge the two halves into one. Another method to lighten the right side of the face is the dodge tool. This simply lightens that spot without losing detail.

I will try and show you someday.

If possible I would like to hear in short form how to create a full pic of 2 layers. I have one layer with the brighter half of BG's face and a second layer with the mirrored half face. I want to join the halfs to get a full face. But I'm too stupid and don't find the function on Gimp. (Have played around several hours already.)
I think it will originate some monster face though I would like to try.

Lol gimp drives me insane.
https://youtu.be/RO6jJQFjhog
Hth not sure what version you use, but there are several of these tutes.

Ha. It does create a strange looking face, therefore I won't share mine.

Here's what you could do:
1) R-key (to draw a rectangular selection of left side of face)
2) Edit->Copy (copy selection to clipboard)
3) Edit->Paste (paste selection onto current image, keeping it selected)
4) Drag the new selection to the other side of the face
5) Shift-F (to flip horizontal) and click inside selection once cursor shows double sided horiz. arrow

Looks weird though ;-) cause the face of looking down at an angle and the brightness differences etc.

Warning, I am not much of an artist when it comes to editing stuff like you asked, so there are likely many better ways to do a better job than what I layed out

I'm copying this down I am so sick of tutorials I have too keep pausing, Germany go with this answer!

I doubt a murderer is going to carry dead bodies around an isolated area. He's going to take the girls to the place where he intends to murder them and leave the bodies there when he is done.

I am assuming that the suspect knew exactly what he was doing. I think he parked his vehicle in a secluded location and that he marched the girls close to that vehicle simply because he wants to leave the area quickly after committing the murders.

What slamming car doors would be heard next to the creek where the bodies were found?
Sound travels such as an echo, especially in the wilderness bordered by roads. Someone could have shouted up the creek, or somewhere far off, and that carries. Also a siren in town, or a car blaring its horn could cause alarm. I see the point can be made concerning total control, and plenty of time, and I can't disqualify it, nor do I desire to. This killer made a big mistake with leaving the phone or not considering this evidence we have. He cannot practice these scenarios to make a perfect crime, especially when the foible exists is a recording already. Practice on scarecrows and pumpkins? He is nt as adept as you make him out to be. Most other cases involve 'in-home' attacks or street pick-ups or children easily duped by an elder. This killer lost control of the girls, I believe, and when they were struck down he was unnerved by his situation, and he left. This man does not rate very high on my 'serial killer' list.

Thanks! Interesting. The original police photo is CMYK mode.

Also, I'm being nit-picky (sorry), but the edit time-stamp inside the EXIF metadata of the ISP provided CMYK mode jpeg is 2/21. The earliest versions of the BG images I could find were in the ISP alert on 2/15 .

Being even more nit-picky (but I guess that's what I do!) is ISP always mentions they distributed a photo (singular). Where they actually distributed two unique images with the alert on Feb 15th, and then a subsequent alert on 2/19 and the main ISP page for it provide only a single image.

The three unique URLs are here, in case you don't want to click on the in-line links above:

I have a theory as to why they changed from distributed two unique images to one, but I have to dig in a little more ;-)

Also, I'm being nit-picky (sorry), but the edit time-stamp inside the EXIF metadata of the ISP provided CMYK mode jpeg is 2/21. The earliest versions of the BG images I could find were in the ISP alert on 2/15 .

Being even more nit-picky (but I guess that's what I do!) is ISP always mentions they distributed a photo (singular). Where they actually distributed two unique images with the alert on Feb 15th, and then a subsequent alert on 2/19 and the main ISP page for it provide only a single image.

The three unique URLs are here, in case you don't want to click on the in-line links above:

I have a theory as to why they changed from distributed two unique images to one, but I have to dig in a little more ;-)

RBBM: Welcome Michael :wagon:. No need for you to apologize for being precise, accurate, and detailed. I imagine those are qualities that help you to do your job well :). Oh, and I look forward to your take on why the two images were changed to one!

There's also the people who were supposedly there after the girls. The girl who said she was there and that she saw one guy when she first got there, then a couple once she got on the bridge. According to her - she took a pic on the bridge at around 3:49 pm (iirc). However, I didn't see what time she actually arrived there mentioned and we don't know what time the guy or the couple she saw got there either. I assume the couple got there before she did, since she said they were already on the bridge when she got to it and with not knowing what time she arrived or how long she took getting to the bridge, who knows how long the couple were there before she saw them. His time to do whatever he did and get out of there could have been even less.

jmo

I'm sure he selected an area that was not visible from the bridge - which makes sense given that the girls were 50-60 feet from the creek. It doesn't matter who else was on the bridge an hour later because the girls were fully under his control by that time.

Sound travels such as an echo, especially in the wilderness bordered by roads. Someone could have shouted up the creek, or somewhere far off, and that carries. Also a siren in town, or a car blaring its horn could cause alarm. I see the point can be made concerning total control, and plenty of time, and I can't disqualify it, nor do I desire to. This killer made a big mistake with leaving the phone or not considering this evidence we have. He cannot practice these scenarios to make a perfect crime, especially when the foible exists is a recording already. Practice on scarecrows and pumpkins? He is nt as adept as you make him out to be. Most other cases involve 'in-home' attacks or street pick-ups or children easily duped by an elder. This killer lost control of the girls, I believe, and when they were struck down he was unnerved by his situation, and he left. This man does not rate very high on my 'serial killer' list.

BBM

Not sure what you mean by this bolded comment. On the one hand you posted that this man is inexperienced with abduction, and then you claim that he is not inept. I have suggested that this is not his first time abducting and murdering.

What do you mean by pumpkins and scarecrows? Where is that coming from? On what basis do you claim that the murderer lost control of the girls when we know that he successfully abducted the girls, had them walk to a secluded location, and murdered them?

What we know is that the family returned to the park to pick the girls up at about 3:30 at the North end of the park. We haven't heard about any siren or blaring horn. We do know that at 5:30 the family contacted police. The suspect was uninterrupted from 2:30 until the time that searchers decided to check the creek bank. What time did that happen?

I am most interested in this issue about his nose. Germany, do you happen to have the link to LE making specific mention of his nose? Anyone else have it? I think the nose is unique and not just because it is large. Thanks in advance.

No, nothing found to link to it.

Thank You for these pictures.Do you all think he has a mole or something on the left side of his face?
Hi FromGermany, I know you didn't ask me for this, so feel free to totally disregard my attempts. I have been working on this project for awhile now with the other image which has not been a great success (you may have seen the jabs back and forth regarding BG looking like a werewolf, lol) and I had just finished mirroring this image when I came to check the thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beginning image:
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper