IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree that this is unbelievable at all.

Remember Dr. Cornbleet's case? He was a dermatologist murdered in his Chicago office during work hours, in a busy building of heaps of offices. He was stabbed, and he fought back and there was so much DNA and so much video footage of the perp, not to mention so many people around as he entered and exited the building and walked those halls.

But, unless you have a clear photo or some very rare physical characteristics, unless you have the right type and amount of DNA to compare to something, unless you have someone who knows what happened (the murderer(s), someone the murderer(s) tell about it, an eye witness who saw the crime) come forward, unless you have circumstances that all point to one person, unless you have <insert other options that help catch a murderer> - and, typically, it's a combination of more than one of those things that make a case, - you are essentially looking for a needle in a haystack.

No one will randomly be able to identify BG based on those terribly fuzzy photos or the one-second voice clip.

In the case of the aforementioned doctor, the break in the case - a case in which they seemed to have so much evidence - came about 10 months after the murder. (Then he fled the country and there was a whole big legal battle, but that's a whole other story.)
There is also a thread on WS dedicated to his case, which isn't 54 threads, only a few pages, but obviously, WS has grown significantly since 2006-2007, and there are cases that attract more people than others, still today. We could have amassed twice as many threads in this case in half as much time, the number of threads has nothing to do with solving a crime; we have seen one-thread cases on here where members figured it all out.

I have no idea what evidence LE has in Abby and Libby's case, I have no idea if they're quietly building a case or they are still looking for the proverbial needle.
The point I am trying to make here is all that glitters ain't always useful evidence, and even when it is, it doesn't necessarily mean an open and shut case that can be wrapped up in a few weeks.

All MOO

Hello Dogrescuer! I disagree in Part reapectfully, i believe the photo, nad as it may be, and short audio are key. It only takes one tip, one person who says "hey thats my son, or boyfriend I know that voice/stance anywhere" though i agree its a needle in a haystack as well. But keep the Faith! All imo always and I enjoyed your post regardless of our different views &#128538;

The simple way is to just click the users name that you want to send the PM to and then click 'Private Message'

Alternatively go to your inbox and click on 'Send New Message' (Compose Message on mobile) and enter the username of the person in the field, it will auto fill when it finds their name.

HTH

Thanks I got it figured out!&#128536;

Ne1 else think RL in cust for his own protection bcuz he may know or may hav witnessed something?
That's a really good question. I wondered that very same thing early on when he was first arrested. I'm really not sure now.

Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

IN- - blue jacket, camo hat , voice sounds like DTH recording, mustache, familiar with general area, PC sw on his home + property.
Out- -too big in belly to be bg. Legs too thick to be bg.

Just a start.
JmO :moo:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Out
White hair and facial hair
Taller
Alibi checked out
Not middle aged
No apparent motive
Not recognized as BG
No apparent DNA match
Not a suspect
In
Bodies found on his property
Some people think it was him
Not cleared
PC SW on his property

All MOO

I'm coming out of lurking mode to say a few things. One, is that I have a hard time believing that locals didn't know about Delphi's historic trails and the Monon High Bridge in a community of less than 3,000 people. That is very surprising to me, if true. I grew up in a community of about 8,000 and our little park that was named after a local man who was an avid outdoorsman and philanthropist, is known to almost everyone I know and it is hardly historical and isn't nearly as spectacular as that bridge appears to be after viewing it on several YouTube videos. I live about an hour away, in each direction, from the Adirondack Park and almost everyone I know can name at least one lake, several camping spots, hiking trails or the name of a mountain (that they have most likely climbed). I also have a hard time believing that someone other than a local, or at least someone within the surrounding school districts would have any knowledge whatsoever regarding an unscheduled half-day of school (meaning it would not be listed on a school calendar if Delphi does indeed publish and mail them out to the parents/guardians of school children like most districts I know of do). How would someone who was not at least from the area know this? Is it known when it was decided that Feb. 13th would be a half-day? I certainly do apologize if that question has been answered and also mean no offense to anyone, in any way, at all with regards to my disbelief of a few things. Back to hiding out now. Rest In Peace Libby and Abby and may justice be served in your honor and memory and that your families and friends find comfort in one another each and every day. I wish you all peace and safety.

I'm in a different state but, I know our county school board has a calendar of all days that will be out for school and it's public to all no log in necessary. As far as their county i do not know if its a different more secure situation. Don't know if anyone's figured put or posted that yet, if so I missed it. I too found it strange everyone didn't know of the place given it's historic value and how hiking and jogging seem pretty popular imo, but I can see it being possible. I believe I heard from some it's well secluded. All imo and I didn't find your post at all offensive, I enjoyed it personally.

School was out the 10th and 13th. Delphi Community Schools has an online calendar. Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th were shown as "Winter Break - No School or Make Up Day".

School was out the 10th and 13th. Delphi Community Schools has an online calendar. Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th were shown as "Winter Break - No School or Make Up Day".

Thanks Jax!, just found it. It's not on the county one after all just the Delphi community schools.

Out
White hair and facial hair
Taller
Alibi checked out
Not middle aged
No apparent motive
Not recognized as BG
No apparent DNA match
Not a suspect
In
Bodies found on his property
Some people think it was him
Not cleared
PC SW on his property

All MOO

th2534hokeypokey.gif~c200

The RL hokey cokey (pokey)

Dang it. I'm way more comfortable just reading but now, I have another question. Where did I get that 2/13 was a half-day from? I've read almost every thread so I couldn't even tell you now where I got that idea. And if it is shown online that the 10th and 13th were no school, why would it include the words "Make Up Day"? Maybe it varies from state to state but "make up days" where I'm from are days that students are required to attend if the alloted amount of snow days exceed what is allowed for so, and they also use days that would normally be vacation days so I guess my question still stands, how would someone know if it was one or other? I'm only asking this based on the possibility that someone (BG) would know kids might be there that day. Does that make any sense at all?

Dang it. I'm way more comfortable just reading but now, I have another question. Where did I get that 2/13 was a half-day from? I've read almost every thread so I couldn't even tell you now where I got that idea. And if it is shown online that the 10th and 13th were no school, why would it include the words "Make Up Day"? Maybe it varies from state to state but "make up days" where I'm from are days that students are required to attend if the alloted amount of snow days exceed what is allowed for so, and they also use days that would normally be vacation days so I guess my question still stands, how would someone know if it was one or other? I'm only asking this based on the possibility that someone (BG) would know kids might be there that day. Does that make any sense at all?

School would have been in session had they needed to make up snow days, but the winter was mild. Anyone local should have been aware. moo

Re the half day off, I think that was just bad info that got repeated online. It was stated here a few times but quickly corrected.

No offense taken, do you think a weapon was involved. And what's your take on the girls phones? Btw ot I like your eye icon.
Lilowlet, that is determined by the level of BG's confidence. I know men that won't leave the house without a weapon. If he brought one then it was used. It may have been as simple as a 3 inch pocket knife. Without being there to witness, his mode of maneuver is vague but the terror he provoked is tangible to me. He may have grabbed Abby, ushering her down the hill by the arm. Maybe not. All I know is it was very quick, and I doubt any conversation at first. He wasn't there to talk, but possibly saw an opportunity when the girls crossed the bridge, and hurried up to catch them at a vulnerable moment. Dozens of options can be present, but terror is the main dynamic.

Hey again and I'm glad your posting! I believe from what jax post reads it's no school or makeup day, I took that personally as no makeup day necessary because the day is just given to students imo always and isn't that the question of the day, I've wondered the same and given I believe that most middle and high schools release students 3 315 ish. That added with girls initial SC photo times, I think the guy whoever he is, either knew or as someone suggested to me once, he got there beforehand if he didn't know, to set-up or scope out area. All imo always and good questions.

Lilowlet, that is determined by the level of BG's confidence. I know men that won't leave the house without a weapon. If he brought one then it was used. It may have been as simple as a 3 inch pocket knife. Without being there to witness, his mode of maneuver is vague but the terror he provoked is tangible to me. He may have grabbed Abby, ushering her down the hill by the arm. Maybe not. All I know is it was very quick, and I doubt any conversation at first. He wasn't there to talk, but possibly saw an opportunity when the girls crossed the bridge, and hurried up to catch them at a vulnerable moment. Dozens of options can be present, but terror is the main dynamic.
Thanks for getting back to me on that, I've considered this as possibilities as well. Imo always And it's sad and scary to think about. But i too think it was probably a quick situation.Thanks for your insight!

Anyone got known facts that rule RL IN or OUT? Lists might help?
He property was searched with probable cause that they would find something connected to the double homicide. He is still involved with their criminal investigation, and he is no longer is cooperating with LE. Also, LE has yet to "clear" him.

He property was searched with probable cause that they would find something connected to the double homicide. He is still involved with their criminal investigation, and he is no longer is cooperating with LE. Also, LE has yet to "clear" him.
Yeah this is true, and I don't necessarily believe RL is BG it's just how I feel imo, but I'm finding it hard to let it all go based on how much attention And the probable cause warrant. So even though I personally don't think he's the main killer, I think either he knows something helped someone etc with or without knowledge of the murders before hand. Imo always I just think there is something there, like one piece of a big puzzle so to speak.

th2534hokeypokey.gif~c200

The RL hokey cokey (pokey)

Okay, last one. That seriously just made me choke on my coffee and with how serious and sad this place can be I'm grateful for the laugh. (Maybe I shouldn't say this, but you're one of the posters I always read.) Not to mention the maps.....heyyyyyyy. They are always amazing.

Again, depending on the reaction of the girls when approached determines possibilities. Did they yell, or scream? Believe it or not a person may be scared of being chicken, and will not scream, especially at first. It takes thought to be brave, to argue, to beg. I doubt they had the time except to maybe protest but fear would make it feeble. Being confronted by a killer is deadly even to trained LE. These girls did the best they could to seek an escape. He had to catch two. He possibly wants reason to strike, will wait till the provocation is enough. Even a strong word brings doom too soon to their mind...they were scared.

Again, depending on the reaction of the girls when approached determines possibilities. Did they yell, or scream? Believe it or not a person may be scared of being chicken, and will not scream, especially at first. It takes thought to be brave, to argue, to beg. I doubt they had the time except to maybe protest but fear would make it feeble. Being confronted by a killer is deadly even to trained LE. These girls did the best they could to seek an escape. He had to catch two. He possibly wants reason to strike, will wait till the provocation is enough. Even a strong word brings doom too soon to their mind...they were scared.

Hey dareya, do you have an opinion on the question above that was posted earlier?

I've listed a lot of this relatively recently & I always feel like I'm being annoying if I keep repeating a particular set of points, so I'll just say that except for the bodies being found on his property, all of the "ins" for RL apply to other local men, in varying combinations.

The "outs" = at least 12 probable cause search warrants against other people, several other arrests (both of which indicate RL's arrest was just standard procedure - just like police have REPEATEDLY said), & the existence of many other local men who either have worse criminal histories &/or access to the crime scene.

But most of all, the "outs" list has to include the details in the most recent LE quotes

ie - the FBI issued this request to the general public, not RL's jailers & fellow inmates

The FBI is asking everyone to take a closer look at the people around you and report any major changes in behavior or appearance over the last several weeks, anything that seems strange, so they can check it out.

& these words from LE, spoken despite the fact that RL is now serving out his probation violation behind bars - for a few years if I read correctly. Why say the following if you know your killer is safely locked in a cell & you have years to tie up the loose ends in your investigation & bring murder charges?

"This person's evil. This person is a monster. This could happen again. So if you're holding that information (back) for whatever reason, you need to think of that. This could happen to your niece, daughter, cousin, sister. This could happen again. And that's one of the main reasons why I lose a lot of sleep, because I don't want this to happen again and I think someone out there has the tip that's the final piece of the puzzle."

Link for both quotes :

http://www.theindychannel.com/longform/delphi-the-investigation

At this stage I think it's probable that RL isn't involved. Logically speaking there's certainly no more (publicly released) evidence pointing at him than the few other (publicly released) names the police have shown an interest in.

It's a small town, so it's entirely possible that when the piece of filth is arrested, RL could discover, (like many others will) that he knows the killer. But I think it's going to be a matter of hindsight. I don't think he has a clue who it is right now. He seemed to me to be genuinely upset by the loss of young life, even if his language was befuddled.

Unfortunately for RL, I think there are some people out there who are so invested in believing he's responsible, that even if someone else is arrested, they'll still insist he's somehow involved.

A school employee or parent of own kids home that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine