IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly why I don't think that even people who are familiar with BG recognize him from the pictures! Even if they saw a passing resemblance to their loved one or friend, they would write it off, because BG looks like virtually 75% of all the men they know. It's the added piece of information that MIGHT make them take a second look. They would need additional pieces to the puzzle, like discovering that their loved one lied about where he was that day. If BG is good at covering his tracks and has no conscience to make him act differently, then they would have no way of knowing if they were actually living with or visiting BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with your points here.
More info is definitely needed.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

The white truck parked next to the grain bin/silo is NOT RL's truck. Watch this as the truck pulls out and drives towards the reporter: @1:10
[video=youtube;_uNNhh76_zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uNNhh76_zc[/video]

Hi all,in this video at the 101 mark,did this reporter say RL is friends,aquaintances with one of the girls family????

According to: records for RL (Carroll County.. 2014) https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...HWXdNek13TnpFM01qUXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhaVGs9In19

I snipped... (more at link)
[FONT=&quot]The terms of probation are set forth in the Order on Probation and include the following: waiver of 4th amendment rights against search and seizure

[/FONT]
Very common for a convicted felon ... JMO

I want to clarify that a search warrant is executed on a place or a property, to search for evidence of a crime. A LEO will go to a judge and submit an affidavit establishing why he or she feels there is probable cause that evidence will be found if a property is searched. It is not always connected to the owner of the property. IMO, if a body is found on a property, that's pretty strong probable cause that you will find other evidence of a crime on that property because you found a body.

LE needs and wants a search warrant because people have protections against search and seizure under the 4th and 14th amendments. There's a long body of case law interpreting the amendment that outlines when things that are seized can be found inadmissible at trial. Because of that risk, LE is usually very careful to get every warrant and do the proper paperwork to avoid any possible problems down the line. The last thing you want at trial is to have a defense attorney win a motion to have certain evidence excluded because it was improperly handled by the police.

Is there a source for the search being called off when it got dark? My understanding is that the search didn't start until 5:30 p.m., which would be nearly dark already, I suspect (I live maybe 1,000 miles south of Indiana, but even here it gets dark early in February). I seem to recall rumors that the search went on until after midnight, with one searcher saying he'd search 'til he dropped.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

"They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness."

That's what I recall. I don't know if LE ever gave a specific time.

I have to refresh my page after each submission to clear the Thank You button. Nor will new posts feed in without a refresh. It is constant pop-up advertisements and key sluggishness, stickiness, and space bar interference anyway.
These issues almost drove me crazy & caused me to change over to Tapatalk. Much easier to read. A bit of a learning curve on the post quotes & navigation. HTH. [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

According to: records for RL (Carroll County.. 2014) https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...HWXdNek13TnpFM01qUXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhaVGs9In19

I snipped... (more at link)
[FONT=&amp]The terms of probation are set forth in the Order on Probation and include the following: waiver of 4th amendment rights against search and seizure

[/FONT]
Very common for a convicted felon ... JMO

Right, random searches are a condition of probation. But he can't waive other people's rights. So LE would want a search warrant for the property in case other people stayed there, left property there, etc. LE is not going to want to rely on his DUI deal when collecting evidence related to a double homicide. Particularly when it's so easy to get a SW for the location where a body was found.

These issues almost drove me crazy & caused me to change over to Tapatalk. Much easier to read. A bit of a learning curve on the post quotes & navigation. HTH. [emoji4]

Thanks for the recommendation, im trying it out now. *test*

And to add on to that: Which way did they go to search? N? S? E? W? Lots of ground to cover. IMO
What I understood is the volunteers mainly searched barns and buildings. Many people were gone and permission was difficult to attain.

Yes. RL had said before, that he knew OF the family. Didn't specify which family. IMO.

I think he said he knew the families (plural). I'll go back and look. In the mean time, I know RL will be sleuthed here from time to time until there is a break in the case.

I go back to a transient, perhaps in between homes, person being responsible.

The reason that is important, IMO, is this person may be off the radar, from out of town, and distant from family members or friends who could readily identify him from the video stills and voice capture.

That being said, one aspect to think about sleuthing are robberies in the area around that time, or abandoned campsites.

Thanks for the recommendation, im trying it out now. *test*

Awesome! [emoji258] To edit your own quotes or posts double- tap your own quote and look in upper right of window for wrench & screwdriver icon.

Thanks - that fixed it! :loveyou:

I have to refresh my page after each submission to clear the Thank You button. Nor will new posts feed in without a refresh. It is constant pop-up advertisements and key sluggishness, stickiness, and space bar interference anyway.

Goodnight everyone. Prayers for A+L's families, LE & Delphi. And for the monster to be discovered very soon.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Doing a little research on events in the area that may bring in out of towners/crowds, and noticed there was a Historic Barns of Carroll County Tour back in October. Tours were mostly self-guided, but you had to register and buy tickets, etc...One of the barns listed on the tour map/event website is a barn that's pretty close to Monan Bridge. Would be a good opportunity to scope out the area and snoop around undetected. Not saying it's anything, but who knows...maybe it's something??[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]www.carrollcountybarns.com/barn-tour[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks. Hard to believe the accuracy of that timeline, though, as according to the following site, sunset was 6:20 pm and twilight ended at 6:50 pm. Having just gotten called at 5:30, it wouldn't allow much time for a search. I'm astonished that LE said, at midnight, that the only risk was exposure. That risk would be significant in mid-February, as the girls went out lightly dressed at midday and could have fallen in the creek.

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/delphi-in/2017/2

Something that has stayed with me is the information someone way back mentioned about how extremely unusual it is for two girls to be abducted, much less in broad daylight in a place that was not completely isolated. I feel this is important and leads me to believe this was definitely planned and an arranged meeting. Just my opinion...but the time of day is odd for a meeting for someone who would not want to be seen easily by any passerbys.

Ot (but I didn't realize there was a Thank you button? I'm on regular mobile style is there somewhere else I find these neat little things? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme