IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspects photo looks so much like someone close to the girls it's surreal. Every time I see the guy in pictures and compare it to BG it hits me like a ton of bricks. It's either the most unfortunate coincidence in the world that the killer is his doppelganger, or something much worse. Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I've seen many comments elsewhere that agree with me. This case is extremely frustrating. I assume those close to the victims have airtight alibis. But we don't know. LE has the gifts of a photo & voice of the killer from the murdered victims on the day they died. Yet it seems nothing's come of it.
They have the voice so they could (and probably have) used voice recognition technology to compare it against some males already including family and RL and any others who have had subpoenas and warrants issued against them IMO.

I don't think the facial hair was fake, but has most certainly been shaved off. Here's why. He wasn't techno sophisticated enough to recognize he was being photographed and recorded. Obviously he wasn't considering surveillance, above and beyond his hooded clothing. He seems to be the type that thought he was in a remote location and that was good enough. So no need to alter the facial hair. This lack of techno-awareness puts him squarely in the mid forties+ range in my mind. Just speculating. I've been looking for software to predictively sharpen that photo. It's not pure science, but pretty good. Still lookin'.

The suspects photo looks so much like someone close to the girls it's surreal. Every time I see the guy in pictures and compare it to BG it hits me like a ton of bricks. It's either the most unfortunate coincidence in the world that the killer is his doppelganger, or something much worse. Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I've seen many comments elsewhere that agree with me. This case is extremely frustrating. I assume those close to the victims have airtight alibis. But we don't know. LE has the gifts of a photo & voice of the killer from the murdered victims on the day they died. Yet it seems nothing's come of it.

I agree and noticed that too. (those that shall not be sleuthed)

I don't think the facial hair was fake, but has most certainly been shaved off. Here's why. He wasn't techno sophisticated enough to recognize he was being photographed and recorded. Obviously he wasn't considering surveillance, above and beyond his hooded clothing. He seems to be the type that thought he was in a remote location and that was good enough. So no need to alter the facial hair. This lack of techno-awareness puts him squarely in the mid forties+ range in my mind. Just speculating. I've been looking for software to predictively sharpen that photo. It's not pure science, but pretty good. Still lookin'.

Respectfully we have no way to know if he was aware of the recording or not. What if he threw the phone into the creek after the crime without knowing newer phones are more water resistant? My husband is in his mid 40's and is very tech savvy. I don't think you can use a speculated age based on a grainy photo to tell if someone is technologically aware. IMO he may have known Libby had a phone in her pocket and threw the coat and phone hastily in the creek.

Well.. there we have it...500 POIs...that is so very depressing... all it says to me is they have not a clue who he is. I hope I'm wrong, but at 3 months out, we have nothing, and over 500, FIVE HUNDRED!!! POSSIBLE PEOPLE OF INTEREST. my god.

R they saying this to fool their true POI into being smug and maybe slipping up???

It seems unusual to me that if a killer is on the loose, we are hearing barely any thoughts and opinions from locals.

RSBM.

I've thought this same thing.

This past winter when a local man went missing, I was surprised at the viciousness of the reactions from people on social media. People jumped to conclusions about what happened to him, formed conspiracy theories, and blamed law enforcement and the politicians in no time. And they did all that before a body had even been discovered.

In Delphi, two young girls were murdered, yet I haven't seen even a fraction of that type of anger and blame.

Not that I am saying that law enforcement has done or is doing anything wrong or that they deserve blame. (To me it seems like they're being cautious.) And in the local case in this city this past winter, I didn't suspect foul play, a conspiracy, or a SK. Yet so many people blamed LE and other officials, and those often illogical theories...wow.

Given that and the nature of A&L's deaths, it seems hard to believe that Delphi is united and so silent, particularly after nearly three months. It's baffling. I'd like to think that they're just a united group, but after seeing how things turned so quickly in that local case this past winter, that seems far-fetched. Perhaps there's word on the street that we're not privy to. I've scanned several FB sites, but I haven't found anything that points to anything other than what we know here, all of which is from mainstream media. Puzzled.

The above is just my opinion.

I think if BG was someone the girls knew they would have said his name or he would have said their names. And even if there weren't something as direct as a name mentioned something recorded would have suggested familiarity.

If they knew him at all...other would too. Yet seemingly no one local does. Jmo

RSBM.

This past winter when a local man went missing, I was surprised at the viciousness of the reactions from people on social media. People jumped to conclusions about what happened to him, formed conspiracy theories, and blamed law enforcement and the politicians in no time. And they did all that before a body had even been discovered.

In Delphi, two young girls were murdered, yet I haven't seen even a fraction of that type of anger and blame.

Not that I am saying that law enforcement has done or is doing anything wrong or that they deserve blame. (To me it seems like they're being cautious.) And in the local case in this city this past winter, I didn't suspect foul play, a conspiracy, or a SK. Yet so many people blamed LE and other officials, and those often illogical theories...wow.

Given that and the nature of A&L's deaths, it seems hard to believe that Delphi is united and so silent, particularly after nearly three months. It's baffling. I'd like to think that they're just a united group, but after seeing how things turned so quickly in that local case this past winter, that seems far-fetched. Perhaps there's word on the street that we're not privy to. I've scanned several FB sites, but I haven't found anything that points to anything other than what we know here, all of which is from mainstream media. Puzzled.

There have been a few posters who claimed that locals know how the girls died. If true, it is surprising that it is not "out there". I have seen very little other than some gossip on SM sites, but nothing "known" to be true about this case. It is odd.

There have been a few posters who claimed that locals know how the girls died. If true, it is surprising that it is not "out there". I have seen very little other than some gossip on SM sites, but nothing "known" to be true about this case. It is odd.
I am new to websleuths, and because of that, I can't really speak to whether or not this behavior is normal. Others have been here or involved in cases like this for longer. What do you think?

It seems so incredibly bizarre to me, especially given how people speak so freely (without filters) on social media. Like you said, there's a little bit out there here and there, but it's not nearly at the level I would expect it to be.

This is why I have been amazed LE have remained so quiet as if the rumours are correct on how the girls died then I would be very concerned if I had children.

And the rumours are on blogs, Facebook and YouTube so they are very well spread and everybody seems to know somebody in the girls family.

RSBM.

As far as conspiracy theories go,if you do some checking for Carroll county and a couple other surrounding counties such as Pulaski county,you will find that that particular conspiracy went from LE all the way up to the local judge.Delphi council itself has had some trouble from my understanding concerning a land deal.So as outlandish as some theories may seem,since we don't have many fact's at all in this case,I could understand the distrust of some LE from the locals point of view.
As far as public outcry over the case towards LE,I would say that all that will come to a head when the families have reached their limit of waiting and will begin demanding answers.Once they begin demanding answers,towns people will do so themselves.
I've never met Tobe Leazenby,But from what I have seen in interviews I'm gonna say he is a good man and doing the best that he can in bringing the murderer(s) to justice.

I am pretty sure I know exactly of whom you are speaking, and we can't sleuth that person of course, but I agree the resemblance is striking in many ways, though I sure hope it is not him, and I have decided it is probably not (though I have not completely dismissed it).

It is truly amazing just how many people in the area look so similar to BG, though. I have had several of my own POIs over the last 3 months, looking at all the photos and video. I feel optimistic LE will solve the case though, even though it may take awhile.

They have been very quiet but I'm willing to bet it's a very serious topic amongst themselves. My experience in having lived in various small communities is that a large percentage are closely connected either through blood, marriage, work or school even though it may not appear so to the casual eye. If the perpetrator was local, I believe he'd be arrested by now. Another thing, the reward keeps growing. That suggests to me it's someone from the outside, although possibly one who had previous connections.

That local people haven't been successful in providing information that's been successful in leading to an arrest by now, in my opinion, is not a good indication that an arrest is looming, considering the high level LE involvement as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get what you’re saying, and yet there have been SO many small town crimes where the perp was “obvious” in some way and yet, here we are, years later without an arrest. In my small town of 2,000 a teenage girl (Brookelyn Farthing) disappeared several years ago. She was at a party, got a ride home with two guys, and ended up at one of their houses. Spent the evening texting friends about needing a ride home and being scared. Disappeared in the wee hours of the morning and hasn’t been seen since. When police went to investigate the house where she was last seen, a mysterious fire was sending up the couch (where she’d last been sitting) into a blazing inferno. The guy last seen with her? The home owner? His alibi did not check out. He failed the lie detector test. Heck, some of the people supposedly involved have been all over town bragging about what they did to her and how cops will “never find her.” (I’ve heard this with my own ears from one of the POIs.) And yet…no arrest. Whatever blood, urine, vomit, or other bodily fluid that might have pertained to a crime went up in flames on that couch. Her cell phone has never been found, nor has her body. Cops are sitting around, several years later, just hoping that someone involved will crack and talk.

It DOES happen, unfortunately. Every time I watch an episode of “Disappeared” I am reminded of the number of people that go missing, and the number of people that probably know something and aren’t yet talking, and it’s scary.

I actually think that local people HAVE been successful in providing good information to LE. I believe that they continue to ask for tips not because they don't know who it is, but because they continue to try to tie the individual to the crime. In my example with Brooke, I know what it looks like to outsiders vs what we, as a community, know. I have been on crime sites and read people's comments about her crime. They're wondering why we don't know what happened, wondering how LE "couldn't know." And yet, within the community, we DO know. We do talk amongst ourselves. That information just doesn't make it outside the area or to the papers.

It's my experience with that case that gives me hope for this one.

I agree, I think the community has been very supportive. Giving tips and assisting the families. Most locals know the cod imo, but I believe they are respecting the families and LE by not spreading it. I don't think this small town is loving the huge media presence either. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM.

Something to keep in mind is the population of Delphi. The vast majority of the 3000 "residents" are intertwined, in one way or another. These ties run long and deep. Folks are incredibly intimidated. Fearful even.

I get what you’re saying, and yet there have been SO many small town crimes where the perp was “obvious” in some way and yet, here we are, years later without an arrest. In my small town of 2,000 a teenage girl (Brookelyn Farthing) disappeared several years ago. She was at a party, got a ride home with two guys, and ended up at one of their houses. Spent the evening texting friends about needing a ride home and being scared. Disappeared in the wee hours of the morning and hasn’t been seen since. When police went to investigate the house where she was last seen, a mysterious fire was sending up the couch (where she’d last been sitting) into a blazing inferno. The guy last seen with her? The home owner? His alibi did not check out. He failed the lie detector test. Heck, some of the people supposedly involved have been all over town bragging about what they did to her and how cops will “never find her.” (I’ve heard this with my own ears from one of the POIs.) And yet…no arrest. Whatever blood, urine, vomit, or other bodily fluid that might have pertained to a crime went up in flames on that couch. Her cell phone has never been found, nor has her body. Cops are sitting around, several years later, just hoping that someone involved will crack and talk.

It DOES happen, unfortunately. Every time I watch an episode of “Disappeared” I am reminded of the number of people that go missing, and the number of people that probably know something and aren’t yet talking, and it’s scary.

I actually think that local people HAVE been successful in providing good information to LE. I believe that they continue to ask for tips not because they don't know who it is, but because they continue to try to tie the individual to the crime. In my example with Brooke, I know what it looks like to outsiders vs what we, as a community, know. I have been on crime sites and read people's comments about her crime. They're wondering why we don't know what happened, wondering how LE "couldn't know." And yet, within the community, we DO know. We do talk amongst ourselves. That information just doesn't make it outside the area or to the papers.

It's my experience with that case that gives me hope for this one.

Thanks for this comment! I know there are people here who feel this case is almost as open & shut as the one you describe. That leaves the burning question of what on earth is going on there??!! Your positive explanation is very helpful. Three months is a frustratingly long time. But it seems the girls' families are waiting patiently so that's a reason to have faith.

I'm originally from a small farming community in Illinois. Just across the border and not too terribly far from Delphi. (We went to Lafayette at least once a week.) I know if this horrible murder happened in my town and it was national news, I'd suspect people would be talking to reporters. Would see quotes in the Chicago Tribute, etc.

Perhaps reporters aren't visiting the town and talking to locals. That could be one reason we aren't hearing their opinions and voices.

However, this horrible double homicide was national news for at least 2-3 weeks and yet the silence from Delphi is puzzling. At least to me. You could be very correct that there is word on the street we aren't privy to.

RSBM.

Something to keep in mind is the population of Delphi. The vast majority of the 3000 "residents" are intertwined, in one way or another. These ties run long and deep. Folks are incredibly intimidated. Fearful even.
Thanks so much. I've thought of that notion. But I don't know what that could mean in terms of their reaction here. It's puzzling to me.

As far as conspiracy theories go,if you do some checking for Carroll county and a couple other surrounding counties such as Pulaski county,you will find that that particular conspiracy went from LE all the way up to the local judge.Delphi council itself has had some trouble from my understanding concerning a land deal.So as outlandish as some theories may seem,since we don't have many fact's at all in this case,I could understand the distrust of some LE from the locals point of view.
As far as public outcry over the case towards LE,I would say that all that will come to a head when the families have reached their limit of waiting and will begin demanding answers.Once they begin demanding answers,towns people will do so themselves.
I've never met Tobe Leazenby,But from what I have seen in interviews I'm gonna say he is a good man and doing the best that he can in bringing the murderer(s) to justice.

I totally agree with you about Tobe Leazenby. I trust him 100%, and I've never met him. I trust each LEO I've seen at the PCs. I haven't had a single hackles about any of them.

And that could be at the root of this. If the town has an excellent relationship with him and his peers, its people could be able to give LE much more benefit of the doubt than the locals here gave LE and the politicians.

If so, it's admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members