IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this is a better match than all the other suggestions I have seen/read. I thought looking through some of the enhanced pictures it looked sort of like a surgical mask hanging down which didn't make sense to me, but this really looks like what it might be. Seems to be pretty sturdy, I mean not real floppy, would hold its shape somewhat but still move around as he moved.
What is that usually used for?

JudgeJudi's post #721 Transcript of CNN interview
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-53/page49

(Sorry, I don't know how to bring posts forward from previous threads)

But reading this I'm convinced LE has intentionally blurred out the area in the photo by the right hand and the left upper leg, to withhold whatever evidence might be noticed there.

Notice how Leazenby says "the main thing is the clothing" and then goes on to not even acknowledge the two specific areas that Casarez points out, other than to refer to the investigation.

LE generally doesn't release anything to the public that's still being investigated and so in a round about way, I think their "enhancement" to intentionally alter the image is confirmed by Leazenby during this interview.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO with the below timeline, I am thinking from the release of the initial photo of BG being a POI released on Feb 15th and then by Feb 19th BG becomes the main suspect or as stated at least participated in the murders there was something that linked BG in the photo to the crime scene. Forensic fabric fibers maybe found on Abby and Libby perhaps? Evidence surfaced from somewhere.

Feb. 15: Investigators say they confirmed the identity of the bodies to be German and Williams. Two photos were released of a man police said they wanted to question.

Feb. 19: The man wearing what appears to be jeans and a sweatshirt or coat is officially named as "the main suspect."

http://interactives.wishtv.com/phot...tion/timeline-of-delphi-murder-investigation/

The mere fact that the third image hasn't been widely distributed, makes it worthy of discussion, IMO. Every time I've seen enhancements or discussion of the photos, in the time that I've been here, no one ever uses that image. I had only ever seen the other two. If *everyone* already knew about it, then why wasn't it ever included in recent discussions? MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just had been discovered! You may look on Image thread and look for michael gartley post #164! :)

That's for sure! I have to wonder if people who've just recently began following the case assume the photos that LE released are exact replicas of an original. In my opinion they're good enough to resemble the suspect and that's the only intended purpose.

Yes, I think the images released were greatly enhanced to begin with, by the best experts the FBI has. I don't think it was to divert attention or hide anything, just to make the image as clear as possible. He was recorded at a distance, moving, likely with a low resolution camera (if Libby was using the front camera).

It makes me so sad that Libby's effort to catch this evil man hasn't worked yet.

With this 'new' image, you can tell, IMOO!, how he was scrunching himself, inside his jacket, making him appear 'smaller'. I think he will be a bit taller and thinner (in the legs at least) than people are thinking.

Can someone handy put the three pictures together in one frame and label them? If it's already been done, link please.

I does look like a fanny pack, it does appear he has a blondish/grayish mustache and perhaps a bit unshaven in the lower jaw and chin area. And I feel that his left hand is actually BEHIND his back.

We should keep in mind that these photos were done by LE, the one pic does not seem to be appropriately sized, if that makes any sense. It's squished down make him appear 'toad' like.

ALL MOO of course!

I agree he is scrunching himself up and may be bigger or at least taller. I am seeing the hoodie on the bottom. I know others have said that is the bottom of his hoodie instead of a fanny pack but I really didn't see it that way until last night. He sure seems to be carrying a lot of things- something around his neck and yes I think a big or long object was edited out by LE hanging down on one side. His right jacket pocket seems stuffed- either a large pistol or just a lot of things and one of them pretty solid. I see other "lumpy" areas, seems like he is just carrying a lot of things in every pocket and what not, when most people carry less things out walking.

On Pinterest they say fashion...or for warmth when snowboarding or whatnot. There are a variety and most are meant to be cute or funny but there are plain white and black. It also mentioned for dust protection, maybe in a dirt storm but I get the impression they are thick so I would think mostly for warmth.

With this 'new' image, you can tell, IMOO!, how he was scrunching himself, inside his jacket, making him appear 'smaller'. I think he will be a bit taller and thinner (in the legs at least) than people are thinking.

Can someone handy put the three pictures together in one frame and label them? If it's already been done, link please.

I does look like a fanny pack, it does appear he has a blondish/grayish mustache and perhaps a bit unshaven in the lower jaw and chin area. And I feel that his left hand is actually BEHIND his back. And you can see the camo cap bill.

We should keep in mind that these photos were done by LE, the one pic does not seem to be appropriately sized, if that makes any sense. It's squished down make him appear 'toad' like.

ALL MOO of course!

Spirit, this has been done on the image thread. ( link is at the beginning of this thread)

With Sgt. Riley saying they have interviewed people coast to coast I think he is saying they are looking for a serial killer not a local. Jmo

I don't think he is from the area because he looks like he is really cold to me, he is layered up in clothing and scrunched up like he is still cold. Yet others didn't think it was very cold that day. I live in the desert so can get cold far easier than most, if I am somewhere else I may be bundled up when others just have on one sweatshirt or even just long sleeves. I think he lives somewhere warmer. He may be wearing all the layers to change appearance but I think he just looks like he is cold and not used to it.

I actually can't see it as a mask in the photo but I would guess a painter might use it for dust or spray from paint? I recently painted my basement and used one because it was very dusty and not great ventilation.
Obviously, totally guessing here.

IMO with the below timeline, I am thinking from the release of the initial photo of BG being a POI released on Feb 15th and then by Feb 19th BG becomes the main suspect or as stated at least participated in the murders there was something that linked BG in the photo to the crime scene. Forensic fabric fibers maybe found on Abby and Libby perhaps? Evidence surfaced from somewhere.

Feb. 15: Investigators say they confirmed the identity of the bodies to be German and Williams. Two photos were released of a man police said they wanted to question.

Feb. 19: The man wearing what appears to be jeans and a sweatshirt or coat is officially named as "the main suspect."

http://interactives.wishtv.com/phot...tion/timeline-of-delphi-murder-investigation/

I would think of "weapon" or "white tool/s" (don't think of clothes/fibres). IMO of course

Sure. Or that last puzzle piece might not fit and so it's back to square one. So goes any investigation. That's my point. LE cannot know in advance they have the right suspect until all the evidence is in place.

LE's still actively looking for leads as recently as yesterday.

let's say that finger prints or DNA was left at the crime scene but it could be explained away by a defense attorney. They would need additional evidence, such as the murder weapon or the girl's DNA in a place it should not be. Sometimes it takes a bit to put together a case for prosecution.

I don't understand why people think LE knows who the suspect is. They are still asking for tips. Hopefully people don't misread these posts. It definitely can hinder the investigation if people think LE knows who their man is. Wouldn't we here about them bringing someone in for questioning? Why ask for help still? <modsnip>

Jmo

I do believe LE is really trying to solve this case. However, in three months with only a photo and a few short words made public, one has to ask how this is working. Sometimes you need more help.

The FBI has tremendous tools available with very experienced personnel. Certainly, by using the bridge and nearby trees, they have an idea of the BG's height. Was he 5'7" or 6'2." Let the public know what to look for.

Was there more than one killer? I've heard DNA indicates more than one. What should the public be looking for? A single individual or a gang/group of possible men?

Nearly all posters feel the girls were raped. Truthfully, who doesn't suspect this? How is revealing this to the public thwarting the investigation? IMO such info would encourage the public to look for possible child predators.

<modsnip>

The public really wants to help. Please, LE, give more info to help solve this case.

I think there may have been a couple such situations. Small town politics, secrets, etc tend to get pretty tangled up, where almost everybody has SOME connection to everything in the community. I suspect this case is no different. I've seen several rumors, which are plausible if we look closely, but the truth may take LE on a ride through several twisted rabbit holes before the truth is finally reached. I don't believe they have their man and are simply building their case, but I do believe they probably are close to knowing who he is, and will need to be very careful in the way they approach. This will likely be a capital case once charges are filed, so they will be absolutely sure everything possible is in order before that time comes. Then there's still the 35-40% chance that they may not get him this time. Time will tell.
I think earlier they thought they did, now not so sure. Watching some of the investigations done in real cases on TV I notice the actual detectives will become convinced, or at least have a strong feeling they "know" who it is; then the investigation takes a turn and they realize is likely isn't or can't be that person. I got the feeling they knew early on, but recently it seems like they don't know, as if their main suspect has been somehow cleared.

"We feel strongly the individual or individuals involved in this have been watching this all along, so we're not going to show all of our cards," said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.
[...]

If you know anything that could help police, call the tip line anonymously at 844-459-5786.

http://www.wthr.com/article/investigators-renew-plea-for-tips-11-weeks-after-delphi-murders

This says to me LE knows a lot about the person whom they are seeking, including possible DNA evidence, but they just haven't found anyone who fits the profile quite yet.

IMO this is why LE continues to plead for tips all the while seeming confident they will solve this case at some point in time.

They're holding their cards because they don't want to waste time and resources on false confessions or malicious and deceptive leads by parties only looking to capitalize on the substantial reward.

As LE has said more than once "Somebody knows this person."

MOO

There are tons of rumors flying around about this case, some very outlandish. Im going to stick with what little we do know to be factual. Anything else could be a distraction, and perhaps a deliberate one.

God Bless LE and their perservance to bring justice for these two children.

I do believe LE is really trying to solve this case. However, in three months with only a photo and a few short words made public, one has to ask how this is working. Sometimes you need more help.

The FBI has tremendous tools available with very experienced personnel. Certainly, by using the bridge and nearby trees, they have an idea of the BG's height. Was he 5'7" or 6'2." Let the public know what to look for.

Was there more than one killer? I've heard DNA indicates more than one. What should the public be looking for? A single individual or a gang/group of possible men?

Nearly all posters feel the girls were raped. Truthfully, who doesn't suspect this? How is revealing this to the public thwarting the investigation? IMO such info would encourage the public to look for possible child predators.

<modsnip>

The public really wants to help. Please, LE, give more info to help solve this case.
Excellent points you have made! I agree completely.

Sent from my Commodore 64

I don't understand why people think LE knows who the suspect is. They are still asking for tips. Hopefully people don't misread these posts. It definitely can hinder the investigation if people think LE knows who their man is. Wouldn't we here about them bringing someone in for questioning? Why ask for help still? <modsnip>

Jmo

can you offer any proof that they do not?

The mere fact that the third image hasn't been widely distributed, makes it worthy of discussion, IMO. Every time I've seen enhancements or discussion of the photos, in the time that I've been here, no one ever uses that image. I had only ever seen the other two. If *everyone* already knew about it, then why wasn't it ever included in recent discussions? MOO

I will take a stab at this one and this is just moo, of course, but I think by the time most started working with the photos, LE had pared it down to the two photos that we are all familiar with, becoming the official published photos of BG.

As I said earlier a WS member many threads back brought the photo back up for consideration but I don't remember much happening about it. I believe the poster was wondering why there was no light patch on the one leg, thinking that the two darker pictures were actually the same one but the one with the light patch was a new enhanced one by LE. Someone might correct me if I am not remembering correctly the exact circumstances?

This says to me LE knows a lot about the person whom they are seeking, including possible DNA evidence, but they just haven't found anyone who fits the profile quite yet.

IMO this is why LE continues to plead for tips all the while seeming confident they will solve this case at some point in time.

They're holding their cards because they don't want to waste time and resources on false confessions or malicious and deceptive leads by parties only looking to capitalize on the substantial reward.

As LE has said more than once "Somebody knows this person."

MOO

With so much information available on the Internet, a murderer would have to be pretty stupid not to use it to stay informed about the investigation. To me, this killer is anything but stupid. So, I can understand why LE would be cautious. Seems like good practice nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay