IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is more about what they don't say as opposed to what they do say.

The more time that has gone by, I wonder about that myself. So much attention was wasted on RL

As far as what they are not saying is how the bodies were found, what evidence there was, if there is a connection to technology/computer forensic trail/cell phone, who may have wanted to harm the girls, what local ties may be involved, if there is any sort of video trail evidence (thinking like a convenient store) from the route to the trail from when the girls left Liberty's house and were dropped off.

This horrible double murder needs an answer. I am also not sure it's a lead from the public that will lead to closure. In a perfect world, it will be a confession (a real one) from the suspect.

i think it is more about what they don't say as opposed to what they do say.

This is an interesting idea. IMO, LE could reassure the public that they've developed some solid forensic evidence, for example, without being specific enough to compromise the investigation. But they have not. So, maybe, despite all the manpower dedicated to this case, they really have next to nothing (except audio and video which isn't distinctive enough to ID the suspect). Hope I'm wrong, but I sense no movement in this investigation.

I think it's locals involved since they are the only ones who would know about the remote flat area of woods where the girls were found. Buts it's not someone who the girls know by name as Libby would have have said the name while recording, and they would be arrested by now... unless FBI waiting for DNA results. And I think there are more pictures/ recording from the abduction--to off site secure warm building, then back to the woods. I hope the FBI/LE put up video cameras in woods to capture anyone returning to the scene of the crime over the last couple of months.

Depends what sort of media access he has I suppose. For example not all prisoners get TV privileges and probably no internet access at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe a jail snitch has told LE about someone who seems to be VERY interested in this case...

This is an interesting idea. IMO, LE could reassure the public that they've developed some solid forensic evidence, for example, without being specific enough to compromise the investigation. But they have not. So, maybe, despite all the manpower dedicated to this case, they really have next to nothing (except audio and video which isn't distinctive enough to ID the suspect). Hope I'm wrong, but I sense no movement in this investigation.

I am NOT criticizing the investigators at all. This should have been a slam and dunk case watching it unfold from the beginning.

As more time has gone by, though, there has to be some clues from the crime scene and Libby's phone that would provide more clues.

Unless the investigators really know more about the suspect than they are letting on, and closing in, I hope they consider a press conference with updated information and/or clues.

Will check in again tomorrow and hope there are more fruitful developments on the apprehension of this killer.

I'm sorry to be "that person" but I haven't been able to keep up with this case completely. Has RL been completely cleared by LE?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

<snip>This should have been a slam and dunk case watching it unfold from the beginning.</snip>

Is there ever such a thing as a slam dunk case, especially in a double homicide? (I'm genuinely asking)

I still believe like many here; that little can be deemed from the images that LE released. I think LE released the images with the thinking that they were good enough for someone to say, hey so and so kinda looks like him and he called in sick that day, or didn't follow his normal routine. Or even has a coat similar to BG and now hes not wearing it etc. I don't think LE ever envisioned recieving any credible tips from people comparing images of someone they don't even know with BG. I think their main objective was for it to jog someones memory about somebody they know.....MOO and I know somebody will give me a million reasons why i am completely wrong

jmo the white thing looks like a plastic bag handle you get from the supermarket... only god knows what happened to these precious girls and I pray the killer is found..another thing i noticed in the pictures is he walks like a older man maybe a grandpa ...jmo

What's the difference between an old man and a grandpa? What differentiates the two? Or are you insinuating that it was someone in Libby's or Abby's family? I find this statement interesting.

Is there ever such a thing as a slam dunk case, especially in a double homicide? (I'm genuinely asking)

Mostly in domestic murders, probably. Often it is known right away who killed family members, girlfriends etc...

Stranger killings are much less likely to be solved. I noticed that the cases of the young woman in IN, as well as the one in TX who were both recently murdered have had arrests, and the women knew their killers in some way. Neither was random. This is partly why I feel the murders of Abby and Libby were probably random. Jmo

I'm sorry to be "that person" but I haven't been able to keep up with this case completely. Has RL been completely cleared by LE?

No, not that they have announced.

it sounds like they have some scientific evidence... DNA

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

&#8220;I know that we have the human element &#8211; we have a very solid science element,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as evoeryone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.&#8221;

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-investigators-working-to-put-together-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

Mostly in domestic murders, probably. Often it is known right away who killed family members, girlfriends etc...

Stranger killings are much less likely to be solved. I noticed that the cases of the young woman in IN, as well as the one in TX who were both recently murdered have had arrests, and the women knew their killers in some way. Neither was random. This is partly why I feel the murders of Abby and Libby were probably random. Jmo
There are also cases that take many months or even years to bring charges when the suspect is known to the victim. Tara Grinstead and Stephen McAfee are two with recent arrests after 11+ years and 1+ years respectively. In both cases the suspects were known to the victims in some capacity.

I agree, though, that cases that are solved quickest are generally domestic and involve family/friends. I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around this being a totally random stranger crime given the very brief time frame and remote location. Jmo.

This is so very interesting! Such useful info. But, how in the world can dna markers distinguish length of hair? Technology is so far above & beyond my understanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I can't figure out any way the DNA would tell them length of hair since that is not directed by DNA but by whim of the person...but possibly it was a hair sample they used and they could tell from that so included it in results?? I am stumped by that I have to say.

What's the difference between an old man and a grandpa? What differentiates the two? Or are you insinuating that it was someone in Libby's or Abby's family? I find this statement interesting.
someone else just insinuated the same just a bit ago.

There are also cases that take many months or even years to bring charges when the suspect is known to the victim. Tara Grinstead and Stephen McAfee are two with recent arrests after 11+ years and 1+ years respectively. In both cases the suspects were known to the victims in some capacity.

I agree, though, that cases that are solved quickest are generally domestic and involve family/friends. I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around this being a totally random stranger crime given the very brief time frame and remote location. Jmo.

Agree.

And I've always wondered why no local signed up here as a Verified Insider.

With so much rumor going on I've always hoped someone from there would come on to give some insight to their community.

it sounds like they have some scientific evidence... DNA

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

&#8220;I know that we have the human element &#8211; we have a very solid science element,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as evoeryone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.&#8221;

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-investigators-working-to-put-together-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

Is it clear what he means? They're using every process, including DNA testing, to analyze the evidence. Well, sure. But did all the testing provide any substantial lead? I'm not so sure. He seems to be wanting to assure the public that no stone will be left unturned (i.e., the investigation includes the human, which probably means evaluating tips and conducting interviews; and science, which means forensic testing). That's fine, and to be expected. But he doesn't really indicate that anything significant had been uncovered. Or am I reading it wrong?

I still am holding on to my original theory that BG is tied to the trail/ bridge in some way, weather it be that he hiked it frequently, was involved in "Geocatching"(can't discuss it or sleuth it here) or was connected by some other outdoor activity there. I have zero evidence to support it, but I just can't seem to get away from the location holding some key in connecting BG to the crime. Maybe it was just a serial killer just passing through, but I just can't shake the feeling that BG knew the location very well.....MOO

Absolutely! How could anyone be sure that "someone knows him" when he doesn't even look like the same person from picture to picture! Also, just about every guy who has spoken to the media about the case has at least someone who thinks that his sounds like BG's voice, IF BG and the voice are even the same guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree at all on recognition. Anyone's appearance is apt to be different day to day, depending on state of mind, such as joy or anger, or sorrow. How many others besides me have walked by a mirror and not recognized their own reflection. It is startling to behold. This man that walked that bridge had some significant changes occur in his countenance by the situation, determination to abduct and/or kill, and to become 'high and mighty' with his moments of subduing JMO. I cannot believe that after the fact he could quickly turn back to normal, especially if he botched his plans. So some characteristics we see in the three images may not be totally accurate to whom he was before, nor now, hereafter. JMO again--his motives have changed, his confidence level is on a different strategy, and his frame of mind may bear no resemblance for who he was. Evasiveness and attitude would be the most striking symbol to incur guilt on seeing him. I hope I did not confuse anyone by what I mean....I'm supposing the reality.

I still am holding on to my original theory that BG is tied to the trail/ bridge in some way, weather it be that he hiked it frequently, was involved in "Geocatching"(can't discuss it or sleuth it here or was connected by some other outdoor activity there. I have zero evidence to support it, but I just can't seem to get away from the location holding some key in connecting BG to the crime. Maybe it was just a serial killer just passing through, but I just can't shake the feeling that BG knew the location very well.....MOO
I tend to think so, too. My guess, and I could very well be wrong, is that he somehow became aware of the location and realized (given his perverted thinking) it'd be possible to "corner" an unsuspecting victim at the end of the bridge. He could have even done some limited "scouting" of the surroundings to formulate his plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases