IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

they said the SW would either "clear him or move him to a higher suspect". they have yet to clear him.

They also haven't stated that they've moved him to a higher suspect.
FWIW
Good to point out both sets of facts. :fence:

All true. :)

Reminder to everyone
Opinions are going to differ. Please accept that. Practice tolerance. Post respectfully, especially true when addressing those whose opinions differ from your own.

What I posted last night, and stand by today, is that I distinctly recall LE saying (or quoted as saying?) that at first they were not sure if what they were looking at was a crime scene. I remember this clearly because I puzzled over it a long time wondering, How could that be?
I am sorry I do not have a link but I will try to find it among the February articles. It wasn't a discussion of foul play vs. a crime. It was written as noted above, which I found very odd. Possible a journo twisted LE's words. I will look for it!
I remember this as well, way back... and just assumed they meant as opposed to an accident - or suicide. But the same verbiage, or close to it. But unlike the Daily Mail, many other online news sources rewrite, or delete sentences as they update... so it may be impossible to find it again. I might give it a go later today, though. Maybe. :)

Sorry but which post of mine has me accusing RL of the crime? You've lost me .

You posted that LE said RL was involved in the crime. I asked you for a link. You replied Page 1.
I replied I didn't see anything relating to your comment on Page 1 and I posted the only thing I did see.

Okay?

Does LE actually ever come out and say: NO! They are absolutely not a suspect.

It seems to me they don't always tie up loose ends. If BG is found, I could still see people wondering about RL because LE hasn't formally made some sort of announcement.
yes, LE have cleared people in high profile cases, especially when SM was rampant with rumor or speculation. If you go into Bemused post history she provided links to some cases where they have done this.

OK I'm confused and yes I'm the village idiot...here goes..if you're not a suspect why would you need to be cleared? Cleared of suspicion that doesn't exist? Anyone picking up what I'm laying down? If you're not a suspect you are under no suspicion so how can you be cleared of suspicion that doesnt exist? Just curious...

Well, for example re: Lizzie and Lyric's case, MJK abducted two girls, murdered one (Kathlynn Sheperd, bless her heart), the other escaped. This was a short distance from L and L, so naturally he was a suspect based on the aspects of a dual abduction and their proximity to L and L. So after he was looked it, LE "cleared him" because they determined he was not physically there at that time.

Does LE actually ever come out and say: NO! They are absolutely not a suspect.

It seems to me they don't always tie up loose ends. If BG is found, I could still see people wondering about RL because LE hasn't formally made some sort of announcement.
I've wondered about this too. If someone is cleared and (after circumstances change) winds up being charged, that might help a defense attorney introduce doubt about all kinds of things.

The above is just my opinion.

(I've got my orange lamp on. I consider it "their lamp".)

:candle:

edited by me

Well, for example re: Lizzie and Lyric's case, MJK abducted two girls, murdered one (Kathlynn Sheperd, bless her heart), the other escaped. This was a short distance from L and L, so naturally he was a suspect based on the aspects of a dual abduction and their proximity to L and L. So after he was looked it, LE "cleared him" because they determined he was not physically there at that time.

He was a suspect and they cleared him. RL is not a suspect so why would he need cleared? I'm confused. Lol!!!

BBM

I was under the impression if we give a theory it needs to be based on facts or as below, something to back it up.

From Page 1.

"...Same thing with any random person you happen to bring up. These people do not deserve to have their lives spread out and accusations made against them based on a theory with nothing to back it up."
no, you are wrong. you only have to back up fact.

(Everyday, "I'm like did they find BG yet? Did they find BG yet?...")

he is certainly high on my list as possibly having some involvement. Sure they have said he is not a suspect, so how difficult would it be to say he has been cleared./

"Cleared" by LE of what, other than of being a suspect?

Please do not take this as fact but I swear I remember hearing one of the persons interviewed on the radio show that was part of law enforcement say something about several minutes of video (the number 6 minutes) is sticking out in my head but I could have totally misheard or be wrong. does anyone else recall hearing what I'm talking about?

Ok this is one of the interviews I am thinking of (starts at around the 5 min mark)...not exactly the one I was remembering...I will keep looking ,but he does state they have more video/audio but wont be releasing it. Does not say how long it is though.
https://soundcloud.com/93wibc/capt-d...ler-and-delphi

(I've got my orange lamp on. I consider it "their lamp".)

:candle:

Dear God, find this !
I ordered what I thought were orange bulbs for the porch. When they came, they were actually crazy bright yellow. [emoji53] Now no moths have been sighted on the block for weeks. [emoji364]

The above is just my opinion.

OK I'm confused and yes I'm the village idiot...here goes..if you're not a suspect why would you need to be cleared? Cleared of suspicion that doesn't exist? Anyone picking up what I'm laying down? If you're not a suspect you are under no suspicion so how can you be cleared of suspicion that doesnt exist? Just curious...

True. However you can be a POI, (not exactly synonymous with suspect), who was cleared.

That said, LE are under no obligation to "clear" anyone prior to arresting a suspect, and in my experience they rarely do. And, it'd be bad police work to label someone a suspect only to end up arresting someone else.

JMO, I think the property owner has, at most, been a POI...though for possibly different reasons than most would assume. (I don't believe he's the killer; also doubt LE are leaning that way.)

He was a suspect and they cleared him. RL is not a suspect so why would he need cleared? I'm confused. Lol!!!

Well, imo he was a person of interest who had to be looked into further because "things were not adding up" and he had lied about his alibis, making him a valid person to look into further, moo.

Iirc, they said in the PC they did have additional recording which they were not going to release. Now whether or not this is true...

They likely do have more, and yes it is likely too distressing. The content must be terrible after "down the hill" if they can't even snip a few more words? :(
IMO completely agree. LE is respecting the victims and families and public also. Perhaps that do not want to inspire copycats. IMO this crime in broad daylight, in a public park, happened fast. LE is protecting all bases here. I feel for them. I do not feel that the girls were able to control the situation at all. Kids are so good and so bright. I am so grateful that they got this picture.

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case. A search warrant was served upon the owner of the property (RL) where the girls' bodies were found. RL was taken into custody for an unrelated crime during that time. His statements to press and subsequent arrest for the unrelated matters are all open for discussion.

a. You may not outright accuse him of the murders but may make comparisons of his physical appearance and demeanor from MSM to those of the unidentified suspect on the bridge.

b. DO NOT post photos of random individuals to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

Was his barn used ?

I know his truck was checked but didn't know he had a barn or that it had been used in the crime.
Not that I know of. It was just an example I was providing as to how he could be involved. His whole property was subject to the SW and the property does appear to have more than one building situated upon it. IMO.

yes, LE have cleared people in high profile cases, especially when SM was rampant with rumor or speculation. If you go into Bemused post history she provided links to some cases where they have done this.

Wouldn't it depend on each geographic LE? Maybe Leazenby will waddle out and clear RL, maybe he won't.

Delphi LE has been incredibly vague about many things concerning this case. I have to wonder if they will truly ever come out and say specifically that RL is not involved.

"Cleared" by LE of what, other than of being a suspect?
if someone is cleared than they have no involvement. LE rarely identifies a suspect prior to an arrest. on the day of the search one of the outcomes was that he could be cleared, but they have yet to do so. you would really think they would do so t if that was the case, especially when they have had to more him in the past for "protection"...they didn't "clear" him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties