IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here - the post from Falling Down on thread 55. Page 46. Post 679. The post from Time, the picture shows a man in camouflage, with sun glasses, a hat and beard. It looks like a reflection off the lens. When I first seen the article I thought he was the poi? I have seen no other decision about this picture? Anyone know why?

I checked this particular thread referenced above and could not find any picture. Only found an article and a video?

OK I'm confused and yes I'm the village idiot...here goes..if you're not a suspect why would you need to be cleared? Cleared of suspicion that doesn't exist? Anyone picking up what I'm laying down? If you're not a suspect you are under no suspicion so how can you be cleared of suspicion that doesnt exist? Just curious...
You are completely correct with your logical thinking. Why do innocent people need to be cleared if they have never been a suspect or been charged?

if someone is cleared than they have no involvement. LE rarely identifies a suspect prior to an arrest. on the day of the search one of the outcomes was that he could be cleared, but they have yet to do so. you would really think they would do so t if that was the case, especially when they have had to more him in the past for "protection"...they didn't "clear" him then.

This whole cleared vs. suspect vs. POI thing is subjective. I can name examples where LE:

1) Named a suspect who was later cleared
2) Cleared a suspect who was later arrested and convicted
3) Said someone was a POI who was later cleared
4) Said someone was a POI who was later arrested

Every case, every LE jurisdiction is different. They don't have to "clear" anyone. They can't clear anyone until they arrest the actual perpetrator of the crime.

Innocent people will be targeted, harassed by MSM, harassed by SM, and accused. It happens all the time. It's the nature of the beast.

IOW, everyone here is "right". (Not sure why that matters so much because none of us know diddly squat about who LE is or isn't looking at)

Bottom line is, IMO, this cleared vs. not cleared business is basically redundant.

Iirc, they said in the PC they did have additional recording which they were not going to release. Now whether or not this is true...

They likely do have more, and yes it is likely too distressing. The content must be terrible after "down the hill" if they can't even snip a few more words? :(

"Down the hill" is said in such a casual and non-confrontational way that I can't imagine how the very next words out of his mouth were so horrible that they couldn't be released. I'm not saying I don't believe it's possible. I'm just saying that it's hard to imagine there wasn't some type of build-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You posted that LE said RL was involved in the crime. I asked you for a link. You replied Page 1.
I replied I didn't see anything relating to your comment on Page 1 and I posted the only thing I did see.

Okay?
I don't think I posted that WADR. But LE have said RL was involved (because his property was the location of a double homicide).

"Down the hill" is said in such a casual and non-confrontational way that I can't imagine how the very next words out of his mouth were so horrible that they couldn't be released. I'm not saying I don't believe it's possible. I'm just saying that it's hard to imagine there wasn't some type of build-up.

LE has the entire video/recording. They believe (and said) that BG sounded 'exasperated' as if he had already told them to go down the hill. I believe, 100%, that it was an order. (command)

I'll search for the article and post it here in a few minutes.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02...a-to-join-manhunt-for-indiana-girls-murderer/

"Hopefully somebody recognizes that voice," said Slocum. "It sounds like he's a little exasperated, like he told them before to do it."

Fifty-seven threads on WS of mostly opinions and speculations, many based on rumors, and what have we got? Not much without LE releasing more information. Guess they have no obligation to do so, but I would think because they have no idea right now that a little more public information might bring more public awareness and possibly more information. I live near a major city about 500 miles away and have seen no posters, nothing about the murders around here.

LE has the entire video/recording. They believe (and said) that BG sounded 'exasperated' as if he had already told them to go down the hill. I believe, 100%, that it was an order. (command)

I'll search for the article and post it here in a few minutes.

I do remember hearing that comment from LE, but I, personally, don't hear any exasperation in his voice. If LE has heard more and believe that he was angry, then that does suggest a build-up. If so, it seems logical that we could hear a little more of the audio, without getting right to the horrible stuff.

For instance: If he did tell them more than once, as has been speculated, it would be helpful to hear both times with the change in tone from casual to irritated.

I agree, "Down the hill" is said in a casual and non-confrontational way. My vision of hearing BG say this is with the girls staring down the barrel of a gun which IMO is how he gained immediate control over the both of them and got them off of the bridge into a more concealed area or BG's comfort zone. Only LE knows what happened from this point.

Also if this is the clearest audio available from Libby's phone makes me think she still had her phone in her hand from taking the video and didn't get it placed in her pocket until going down the hill. IMOO

"Cleared" by LE of what, other than of being a suspect?
If I may, I think some ppls opinion about all this is from the SW that had nothing to do with the probation. LE stated very vaguely they were looking into moving him up their suspect list or not and left it at that.
Some really look at that as okay so let's wait till LE clarify that point...did you move him up or drop him from your suspicions?
More or Less

I don't see him as bg and don't have an opinion on RL that's strong enough yet. It would be nice to know what ever happened with that search. However, that's like pissing in the wind.

Delphi residents reclaim trail where girls were murdered

http://fox59.com/2017/05/07/delphi-residents-reclaim-trail-where-girls-were-murdered/

More than one hundred Delphi residents walked part of the trail where two girls were kidnapped and murdered three months ago in an attempt to reclaim the land and its essence from the man who killed the children.

“We are pouring everything we have into this to solve this,” said Donnelly, “to make sure it doesn’t happen to any other children in Indiana or any other state and that we catch this guy.”

“We just want our kids to have the chance to be kids again,” he went on to say.

Fifty-seven threads on WS of mostly opinions and speculations, many based on rumors, and what have we got? Not much without LE releasing more information. Guess they have no obligation to do so, but I would think because they have no idea right now that a little more public information might bring more public awareness and possibly more information. I live near a major city about 500 miles away and have seen no posters, nothing about the murders around here.

This is why I find the case so weird. It's almost like LE want the case to go cold , they have inferred they are not confident.

If I was one of the girls parents I would be running out of patience at this stage of the investigation If the little we are being fed is true. I would be demanding answers or I would personally turn to the media to help me spread the word on this.

:moo:

OK I'm confused and yes I'm the village idiot...here goes..if you're not a suspect why would you need to be cleared? Cleared of suspicion that doesn't exist? Anyone picking up what I'm laying down? If you're not a suspect you are under no suspicion so how can you be cleared of suspicion that doesnt exist? Just curious...
LE will rarely identify a suspect until a time of an arrest. doing so can compromise an investigation. however, what they can do is "clear" a person of involvement. also, keep in mind there were also saying he was not a suspect at the same time over a dozen LE were searching his house for 12 hours. they were saying he was not a suspect as they took away his vehicle with evidence tape of it. they were saying he was not a suspect as they took armloads of things from his house. they were saying he was not a suspect as they were waiting for forensic testing results on items seized.

IMO completely agree. LE is respecting the victims and families and public also. Perhaps that do not want to inspire copycats. IMO this crime in broad daylight, in a public park, happened fast. LE is protecting all bases here. I feel for them. I do not feel that the girls were able to control the situation at all. Kids are so good and so bright. I am so grateful that they got this picture.

Very good point about not releasing too much to cause a copycat!

Although I want more information properly introduced to help catch him because what we have so far isn't working.

Actually all it's doing is causing problems with people who although have the same goal to not see each other's points of view. Which can be done even if we don't agree.

I do remember hearing that comment from LE, but I, personally, don't hear any exasperation in his voice. If LE has heard more and believe that he was angry, then that does suggest a build-up. If so, it seems logical that we could hear a little more of that the audio, without getting right to the horrible stuff.

The thing is, however, they have listened to it all. I really don't think LE would 'guess' on how he sounded if they weren't pretty sure of what came before and after. Even before LE said he sounded exasperated, I heard a command-like tone.

BUT....I do agree that they could probably release a snippet of video for purposes of identification. Video would be much better in identifying someone than a blurry still pic.

On the flipside, LE has watched and listened to everything and I haven't. I have to believe they have good reason not to release anything else.

I'm thinking the three words are the clearest they have..it took me several listens before I could decipher "dth"

I have a question that I'd like all of your opinions on: Why do you think LE has not released the video of BG walking along the bridge (without audio, if necessary) instead of a few photos that don't tell us as much as said video would?

JMO but LE doesn't want to tell how they believe the crime might have transpired, if they know, because they are responsible for protecting the intrigity of the investigation. They're only asking the public to assist them in offering tips and therefore it's probable nothing more on the video is helpful in identifying the culprit. If it was, often only a descriptive detail is added. As for observing how BG walks, even if the video is clear at a distance, considering the rail bridge is rotted and missing beams, it's likeky not real helpful.

Just another point in general, one of the things that happens in following real life cases is I think we also become somewhat desensitized to tragedy. So possibly another reason LE is generally very guarded and protective in the release of evidence to the media, and particularly in this case, it illustrates tragic happenings pertaining to a real life murder of children. That's something not everyone appreciates their family observing on the evening news, including friends and relatives of the victims.
MOO

Does LE actually ever come out and say: NO! They are absolutely not a suspect.

It seems to me they don't always tie up loose ends. If BG is found, I could still see people wondering about RL because LE hasn't formally made some sort of announcement.

There was a murder in a town near me years ago; LE found the 2 actual murderers and had enough to arrest them in just a couple of days. LE was accused of harassing others though, because they mentioned the possibility of others being involved and searched some people's houses and vehicles. As it turned out there was a woman arrested because she washed the clothes of the murderers and buried their shoes. Another person was arrested that had given one of the murderers a ride but charges against that person were later dropped in exchange for testimony. Seeing all of that play out was interesting, it seemed they caught the murderers quickly, but were by no means finished so it did seem like they left loose ends...until they tied them all up. Of course in some cases the loose ends are never tied up.

Until they get results on all the evidence, investigate tips, hopefully make arrests of murderers or others involved there will be a lot of loose ends. I am sure they would not want to say now that RL or anyone else is not involved and then find out later they were part of it somehow.

And I have just seen similar wording in the media thread asking about BG and it states he is believed to be involved in their deaths ( as opposed to homicide) so there is that difference again.

Link? Please.

Page 1 of this thread.
Eta I did say the media thread in my post didn't I? Maybe I didn't.

You posted that LE said RL was involved in the crime. I asked you for a link. You replied Page 1.
I replied I didn't see anything relating to your comment on Page 1 and I posted the only thing I did see.

Okay?

Bird,
Have gone back quoting several posts to show what I said was relating to BG and not RL. Just to be clear on this now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member