IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. IF the killer is trying to follow what is going on from a distance [meaning he isn't from the local area] he will ALSO find this lack of information frustrating. How will he know if someone has reported a tip on him? How will he know if he is being watched? How will he know anything about the investigation? We are pretty much left in the dark...and so is he. Just like they want him to be. IMO
Good points Maple. Maybe it is a deliberate ploy to make the perp think he is in the clear and do or say something stupid.

I've wondered about this too. If someone is cleared and (after circumstances change) winds up being charged, that might help a defense attorney introduce doubt about all kinds of things.

The above is just my opinion.

Yes. I am sure a defense attorney would love to play a video in court with LE saying they had cleared their client.

my point was that they were saying this at the same time they were searching his place for possible involvement in a double homicide. so in my opinion saying he is not a suspect means little...and couple that with the fact that LE rarely name a suspect prior to an arrest, it even means less.

With All Due Respect, I want to hear what you, Burnt Toast, thinks of all the other possibilities. Please, I seriously would like to hear your input on everything else we have been discussing. <modsnip> I want to know what your Plan B is, please. I would enjoy hearing it. I am not being snarky or disrespectful so please don't take it that way. I know you have great sleuthing abilities and a sharp mind, Im seriously asking you <modsnip>

my point was that they were saying this at the same time they were searching his place for possible involvement in a double homicide. so in my opinion saying he is not a suspect means little...and couple that with the fact that LE rarely name a suspect prior to an arrest, it even means less.
RL will forever be involved - but he is not a suspect. That is about all we can say and agree "at this time" imo.

Does LE actually ever come out and say: NO! They are absolutely not a suspect.

It seems to me they don't always tie up loose ends. If BG is found, I could still see people wondering about RL because LE hasn't formally made some sort of announcement.

BBM. Rarely, although people seem to expect it. Offhand I can only think of one case where LE publicly cleared someone. I'm sure there are others, but it's definitely the exception and not the rule.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Exasperated IMO from a heavy smoker just walking. BG may have had a fast pace walk to keep Abby and Libby from rentering the south end of the bridge and getting back out into the open. Also.... some people can sound exasperated as a nervous voice or even excitement.

But it means infuriate angry etc etc.

"Down the hill" is said in such a casual and non-confrontational way that I can't imagine how the very next words out of his mouth were so horrible that they couldn't be released. I'm not saying I don't believe it's possible. I'm just saying that it's hard to imagine there wasn't some type of build-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me he sounds like he is ordering them down the hill, I didn't take it as casual at all and I did think it sounded like his voice had an edge to it, like rudeness or confrontational...so I guess that is for each of us to decide too. I listened to it over and over to see if I could at least pick up an accent or something to see if he sounded like locals there or people from a location I am familiar with. Listening to it gave me the creeps, but maybe only because I know the girls were murdered after that.

Let's get back to discussing about how the reporter asked Sheriff Leazenby if he felt like he was looking for a "phantom" and he said he could see how some people could think that. What do you think that means? I think it could be a copycat SK they are trying to catch and he does seem to be somewhat of a phantom. However there is no perfect crime or criminal and I think LE may surprise us this week with an arrest.

I think the wording of the question and answer is rather intriguing, considering at least two other SKs have adopted the psydonym of "the phantom" with an association to child/teen murders.

From the video, immediately following the comment something about the culprit possibly following the case via the media --

Q: Does it ever seem like you're chasing a phantom?

Sheriff Leazenby: I can easily see why someone might develop that attitude and thought.

But then the conversation is cut. Reporter then adds the Sheriff says "it's no cold case".
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

Here's the earlier abc link announcing BG is a suspect including the phantom like image inserted in the video.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-release-audio-clip-victims-phone-hopes-catching/story?id=45655692

BBM. Rarely, although people seem to expect it. Offhand I can only think of one case where LE publicly cleared someone. I'm sure there are others, but it's definitely the exception and not the rule.

I think LE is more concerned with their own backside than someone else's. So, they're probably not going to clear someone if there's any chance whatsoever, however minuscule, that it might come back to haunt them. Just how I see it, FWIW.

I think LE is more concerned with their own backside than someone else's. So, they're probably not going to clear someone if there's any chance whatsoever, however minuscule, that it might come back to haunt them. Just how I see it, FWIW.

Thing is .....didnt they say they had 500POIs
Now they have to be able to clear some of them. Totally rule them out ....500 that's just Insane if u ask me......

To me he sounds like he is ordering them down the hill, I didn't take it as casual at all and I did think it sounded like his voice had an edge to it, like rudeness or confrontational...so I guess that is for each of us to decide too. I listened to it over and over to see if I could at least pick up an accent or something to see if he sounded like locals there or people from a location I am familiar with. Listening to it gave me the creeps, but maybe only because I know the girls were murdered after that.

I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

I would so appreciate it if anyone knows of a sex offender registry in Indiana where you can search and offenders will show up further away than one mile from a specific address. :-( That's really frustrating.

LE will rarely identify a suspect until a time of an arrest. doing so can compromise an investigation. however, what they can do is "clear" a person of involvement. also, keep in mind there were also saying he was not a suspect at the same time over a dozen LE were searching his house for 12 hours. they were saying he was not a suspect as they took away his vehicle with evidence tape of it. they were saying he was not a suspect as they took armloads of things from his house. they were saying he was not a suspect as they were waiting for forensic testing results on items seized.
Yes. I think the LE statement about clearing him or moving him up on the list was a bit disingenuous. LE does not execute search warrants to clear someone. They execute search warrants because they have reason to believe they will find incriminating evidence.

That being said, I don't think RL = BG.

Does LE actually ever come out and say: NO! They are absolutely not a suspect.

It seems to me they don't always tie up loose ends. If BG is found, I could still see people wondering about RL because LE hasn't formally made some sort of announcement.

I don't recall any other case where someone who's "not a suspect" is required to be cleared. Maybe someone can offer an example?

I notice Google offers instances of people who at one time were considered suspects, then were later "cleared".

I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

I agree... I keep imagining when I was a kid and I'd been out waking with my family - I could imagine my dad saying the "down the hill" words in the same kinda tone. Obviously now we know what happened to the girls it sounds completely creepy.

Yes. I am sure a defense attorney would love to play a video in court with LE saying they had cleared their client.
i am sitting next to a criminal attorney who has represented a handful of "suspects" in in homicide cases. she is telling me that the preponderance of the evidence against them in a case would out weigh any previous statement that someone is cleared. i don't think the argument "hey, you said he was cleared" would go to far in a court of law.

Yes, I have heard them say in other cases that so and so has been officially cleared. For instance, MJK as a suspect in L and L's murders (which BTW I'm still suspicious of him, but if LE says they cleared him I guess they cleared him...).

BBM as an example to my comment above. Sorry, I'm behind a few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake