DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
…

Quoting from http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm
↓↓↓
"Information can be reported anonymously; however, the Indiana State Police, the FBI, and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department have announced a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams. The amount of the reward may be up to $216,165 depending upon the value of the information provided."

~…~…~
So... if one wishes to give perhaps "the tip of the century" in exchange for the reward... the reward can't be issued privately, keeping the tipster anonymous to the public and the perp?
I hope that's not the case.
But even so, if it actually does lead to the arrest, and the perp might eventually know who called it in, he (perp) would already be locked up, before he knew who gave LE the tip. (Correct?)

I've seen a couple of posts that were seemingly aiming to shame any potential tipsters who might collect the reward, to then donate it to the families or somesuch.
Frankly, if there is someone who knows, I don't care if s/he calls it in to do the right thing, or calls it in for (and keeps) the reward.
Just so that it is finally called in.

Exactly. So even if LE issued a press release " clearing" RL, it really wouldn't matter to those who think otherwise. A total waste of their time imo.
i cant not think of a case where someone was cleared during the investigation and then later charged for the crime. do you have an example of cases where this has happened...particularly high profile cases like this? if LE clears RL of involvement that would be good enough for me.

LE is still waiting on forensic testing. this article is from yesterday

Investigators are awaiting evidence test results to come back from the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Viriginia.

http://fox59.com/2017/05/07/delphi-residents-reclaim-trail-where-girls-were-murdered/

Investigators are awaiting evidence test results to come back from the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Viriginia.

http://fox59.com/2017/05/07/delphi-residents-reclaim-trail-where-girls-were-murdered/
Didn't someone post a link yesterday or the day before that some came back last week?

They do have some back as well :)

I wonder who is first on LEs list and maybe once this forensics is in they can make an arrest.
I don't think this case is as cold as we think it is.
Jmo

i cant not think of a case where someone was cleared during the investigation and then later charged for the crime. do you have an example of cases where this has happened...particularly high profile cases like this? if LE clears RL of involvement that would be good enough for me.

The only but best example that might be at all close is the Ramsey case. The prosecutor at the time cleared the family of involvement by a written letter because new technology discovered trace DNA on the child's undergarments that exonerated them and was assumed to match that of the killer. But now years have gone by and many believe it came from the manufacture and is that of a seamstress or packager who handled the garments so its back to square one.

Where was Libby's phone found? Her grandfather said her phone pinged around town. Im not sure what he means by that.

The girls were found on his property.
They would be negligent not to search it.
Imo they waited to long to do it it should have been done day one. I don't believe RL had anything to do with any of this. Jmo
the inside of his house and his vehicle were not part of the crime scene so LE had no legal right to search either. the search was a result of having probable cause that they would find something connected to the double homicide. they can't search just because they feel like it. search warrants don't work that way. our constitution protects people from unlawful searches.

I wonder who is first on LEs list and maybe once this forensics is in they can make an arrest.
I don't think this case is as cold as we think it is.
Jmo
my guess is that the forensic testing they are waiting on is from the March 17th search at RL's.

The only but best example that might be at all close is the Ramsey case. The prosecutor at the time cleared the family of involvement by a written letter because new technology discovered trace DNA on the child's undergarments that exonerated them and was assumed to match that of the killer. But now years have gone by and many believe it came from the manufacture and is that of a seamstress or packager who handled the garments so its back to square one.
and there you have it....innocent people "cleared" publicly by LE.

i agree, they do not issue search warrants solely to clear someone. they do so because they believe they will find incriminating evidence.

with that said i think that it is likely that RL has some involvement.
The girls were found on his property. LE would have to check if anyone else was staying at RL home. Or anywhere else on his property.

Where was Libby's phone found? Her grandfather said her phone pinged around town. Im not sure what he means by that.

we don't know if the phone was every found. LE has not said.

IMO the only definitive info we have on IF the phone is from the ISP investigation page that says "Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides."
http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

"Found on" her phone, IMO is different than 'on her account' or from her data' so it answers the question for me but for others YMMV.

JMO

my guess is that the forensic testing they are waiting on is from the March 17th search at RL's.

Then they have no forensics from where the girls were found or from the girls themselves.

If that's the case where are we?

I really don't think RL is involved.
But tHats jmo

and there you have it....innocent people "cleared" publicly by LE.
Sounds similar to the case regarding the baby of Lindy Chamberlain that was killed by a Dingo in the Australian outback. But Lindy was convicted of the baby's murder initially until cleared by new evidence consisting of the baby's matinee jacket found many years later.

I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

Well, I was in agreement with you, until I just now listened to it again - on a different device! On my old iPad, I did not sense exasperation or irritation. On my new one, I can hear he might be annoyed... if I listen for it and try to fit the scenario. (But on the old iPad, even trying - wanting - to hear that tone, I couldn't.)

As LE/FBI have better systems/devices than an iPad (lol) - as well as the full recording, I suppose I shall assume they have a valid basis for the, "...a little exasperated" comment; even if it is barely perceptible.

Just thought I'd mention it, since I was surprised at the difference.
Also, the .mp3 file, and .wav file each sound a bit different as well:
(mainly background)

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.wav

There is another (.ogg) file, but I am unable to download it.
http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.ogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member