IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you don't believe them when they say "not a suspect." ?
correct. LE rarely will identify a suspect prior to an arrest. it can greatly compromise an investigation. however, they can "clear" someone. And, since they were saying he was not a suspect in the same breath they were issuing a search warrant at his home, it even become even more meaningless.

this talks about evidence that has come back

"We’ve got the best of the best on board with this investigation, including our local guys," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Thursday morning when asked about catching the killer.
Police collected a significant amount of evidence from the scene, but police aren't specifically saying what that evidence is. It's being analyzed, Leazenby said, and Carroll County sheriff's Detective Kevin Hammond said most of the evidence went to the Indiana State Police lab, but some went to the FBI lab.
“We’ve gotten some (analysis) back, but we can’t really discuss what we’ve gotten back,” Hammond said. “There’s a large amount of stuff to be tested.”
Thanks BT. Sounds like they have a lot from the scene. A 'significant' amount.

I think they need the SD card from the actual phone imo.

If it's an iPhone, it would be a SIM card. But you wouldn't need it to access the info IF it is being synced via the cloud.

A judge granted a warrant for investigators to search his home and everything on the 40-acre property. But investigators would not share what piece of evidence gave them probable cause.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

Investigators said they searched around a dozen homes trying to eliminate and rule people out in connection to the murders.

“We served multiple search warrants so far, and search warrants and evidence can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look,” Slocum said. “But at this time Ron Logan is not under arrest for the double homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

We just don't know this, forensics could have come back and this could possibly be why the served the search warrant on RL's home, barns and truck and all of his property.

“This is not the first time we’re dealing with RL,” said Sgt. John Perrine, Indiana State Police PIO. “We’ve spoken to him throughout the investigation. We investigate these things as new information comes forward and that information leads us to further the investigation.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

RL has been criticized for not cooperating with LE but as your quote indicates, it was later, probably upon his arrest for the probation violation that his lawyer intervened.

i cant not think of a case where someone was cleared during the investigation and then later charged for the crime. do you have an example of cases where this has happened...particularly high profile cases like this? if LE clears RL of involvement that would be good enough for me.
In Australia.. but I'm sure it can happen just as easily anywhere else.. a man was dismissed as a suspect in Daniel Marcombe's missing person case. He was a person of interest early in the investigation, but dismissed due to police thinking it couldn't have been him. Years later, after the family pushed and pushed for a Coroner's Inquest, the Coroner told police to revisit him. He was convicted in the end after a 'Mr.Big' sting got a confession out of him.

I am not sure though if police can actually 'clear' *anyone*, until a murder is solved/murderer is convicted, unless there exists an iron clad alibi. So poor RL will have to live with this suspicion until the murderer is convicted. jmo.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/60f83c964cd89ec83e469647f27776e7

Was the probable cause because he had been caught lying about what he had been up to and violated his probation ?

So they got a search warrant to make sure he wasn't guilty of more.
th
:moo:
we don't know the probable cause. the search warrant is sealed. they do not execute search warrants to clear someone. they do so because they feel they will find evidence connected to the crime.

Recent media reports indicate the reward has grown to $250,000. Every time I see mention of the reward, my mind goes immediately to locals think this was some type of connection to a hit by organized crime. Just my opinion......

But it appears most of the reward has been donated locally and locals always develope their own theories and they know of the people involved. If they believed the guilty person was local and this was an easy crime to crack by DNA testing, I just don't think they'd continue to focus on raising more money.

Yes but maybe the evidence wasn't anything of importance or evidence at all.
just seems like it taking forever they should have something.
The article does say 'significant' amount of evidence from the scene.

I don't currently have a theory, There is simply not enough evidence released to the public to. <modsnip>

This case has reminded me of the Cheryl Dunlap murder in 2007 by SK Gary Hilton. Her body was found mutilated days later. She disappeared and the only clue was an ATM image where he used her debit card. The image was super creepy. I don't think it helped catch her killer. He was a transient creep living in the woods who was caught when he did it again in another state. I think the image is simply a filter to put a suspect through and see if it would fit. I think image is helpful but other evidence will seal it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• th (1).jpg
    th (1).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 317
we don't know the probable cause. the search warrant is sealed. they do not execute search warrants to clear someone. they do so because they feel they will find evidence connected to the crime.

It does not follow though that that they will find evidence of a crime though.

LE also served other search warrants as well I thought so he was not the only one given such treatment.

What I posted last night, and stand by today, is that I distinctly recall LE saying (or quoted as saying?) that at first they were not sure if what they were looking at was a crime scene. I remember this clearly because I puzzled over it a long time wondering, How could that be?
I am sorry I do not have a link but I will try to find it among the February articles. It wasn't a discussion of foul play vs. a crime. It was written as noted above, which I found very odd. Possible a journo twisted LE's words. I will look for it!

I also remember that in the initial early statements by LE (before press conference) ambiguity was expressed as to whether or not they were looking at a crime scene.

This leads me to wonder what scenarios, where two young innocent children were found deceased, would there be ambiguity as to whether or not a homicide had occurred.

I imagine the girls would've had to have been found clothed. Perhaps it looked like a potential drowning or hypothermia. Or as several others have suggested, a scenario I previously thought preposterous, hanging.

These comments are just speculation and I would never mean any disrespect to the girl's families or their memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but maybe the evidence wasn't anything of importance or evidence at all.
just seems like it taking forever they should have something.

I have a question. If specimens are obtained from residents of Indiana do those specimens go to the Indiana state crime lab? What about a specimen from a person outside of Indiana? Would that also go to the Indiana lab or would it go to Quantico? Anyone know how this works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo