IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this since the temperature seems to be rising rather early. I implore some here to take heed or risk a weeks TO!

Admin Note

This piling on....well, heck, let's just call it what is is - bullying of fellow members whose opinions differ from your own is not going to be tolerated another minute. We are still cleaning up this mess. Per Tricia, everyone who participated in the piling on is being issued a 7 day Time Out.

Those of you who refuse to use the Ignore Feature (available through settings) and/or lack the self-control to scroll and roll - the intent is clear that you want to shove your views down others throats until they agree with your way of thinking. No one here gets to demand any other member to answer them.

This mess today was shameful.

[FONT=&quot]IC 35-33-5-1
Issuance by court; probable cause; oath and affirmation; "place" defined; objects of search
Sec. 1. (a) A court may issue warrants only upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, to search any place for any of the following:
(1) Property which is obtained unlawfully.
(2) Property, the possession of which is unlawful.
(3) Property used or possessed with intent to be used as the means of committing an offense or concealed to prevent an offense from being discovered.
(4) Property constituting evidence of an offense or tending to show that a particular person committed an offense.
(5) Any person.
(6) Evidence necessary to enforce statutes enacted to prevent cruelty to or neglect of children.
(7) A firearm possessed by a person who is dangerous (as defined in IC 35-47-14-1).
(b) As used in this section, "place" includes any location where property might be secreted or hidden, including buildings, persons, or vehicles.
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.10; P.L.187-2005, SEC.1; P.L.1-2006, SEC.526.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IC 35-33-5-2
Affidavit; descriptions; information to establish credibility of hearsay; form
Sec. 2. (a) Except as provided in section 8 of this chapter, no warrant for search or arrest shall be issued until there is filed with the judge an affidavit:
(1) particularly describing:
(A) the house or place to be searched and the things to be searched for; or
(B) particularly describing the person to be arrested;
(2) alleging substantially the offense in relation thereto and that the affiant believes and has good cause to believe that:
(A) the things as are to be searched for are there concealed; or
(B) the person to be arrested committed the offense; and
(3) setting forth the facts then in knowledge of the affiant or
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]information based on hearsay, constituting the probable cause.
(b) When based on hearsay, the affidavit must either:
(1) contain reliable information establishing the credibility of the source and of each of the declarants of the hearsay and establishing that there is a factual basis for the information furnished; or
(2) contain information that establishes that the totality of the circumstances corroborates the hearsay.
(c) An affidavit for search substantially in the following form shall be treated as sufficient:

http://law.justia.com/codes/indiana/2012/title35/article33/chapter5[/FONT]

If it's an iPhone, it would be a SIM card. But you wouldn't need it to access the info IF it is being synced via the cloud.
My Samsung galaxy has both a SIM card and a SD card for data (pics and video).

I have a question. If specimens are obtained from residents of Indiana do those specimens go to the Indiana state crime lab? What about a specimen from a person outside of Indiana? Would that also go to the Indiana lab or would it go to Quantico? Anyone know how this works?

I don't know.
But beer bottles
Soda cans
Cig boxes and butts.
I'd think they would take everything.

And it may have nothing at all to do with the crime

Plus the many internet tips called in claiming RL looks like bridge guy. IMHO

I have seen so many photos of men who could be bridge guy locally to Delphi. I actually feel really sorry for LE and the amount of time wasted over tips that would of come in over Who BG could be.

And every single tip has to be followed up just incase it's that tip that's correct. But that picture doesn't tell us anything apart from he is Male and Middle aged give or take.

He also seemingly dresses like most men in Delphi as well which again doesn't narrow it down a whole lot.

I believe Libby had an iPhone, they don't use SD cards.
Do u have a link skibs cos when we were discussing it I thought the result was it was a samsung because the bottom button looked like an ellipsis rather than a circle. At the time of the discussion I looked at my Samsung Galaxy which has the elongated button too. It's not important as it is just my opinion unless the make and type has been released previously and I missed it.

I don't know.
But beer bottles
Soda cans
Cig boxes and butts.
I'd think they would take everything.

And it may have nothing at all to do with the crime
I would think that the state would handle that but since the FBI is involved in the case that the results would go to them to check against a national database?

I don't currently have a theory, There is simply not enough evidence released to the public to. <modsnip>

First of all, WELCOME to WS..to you and all other newbies. :D :wagon:

This is pretty much where I stand at the moment. LE has been so tight-lipped through this case that all anyone really has is speculation.

(O/T: It's good to see that the "T" on your keyboard is working now. I'm glad you got it fixed. Sorry I couldn't help you more last night :) )

Do u have a link skibs cos when we were discussing it I thought the result was it was a samsung because the bottom button looked like an ellipsis rather than a circle. At the time of the discussion I looked at my Samsung Galaxy which has the elongated button too. It's not important as it is just my opinion unless the make and type has been released previously and I missed it.

I am sure it was said by the family that Libby had a iphone on the tv special that aired a few Thursday's back. They mentioned how Abby and her would face time each other and Abby was on a iPad and Libby on a iPhone.

I am sure it was said by the family that Libby had a iphone on the tv special that aired a few Thursday's back. They mentioned how Abby and her would face time each other and Abby was on a iPad and Libby on a iPhone.
Aaah. TY. I haven't seen that.

I have a question. If specimens are obtained from residents of Indiana do those specimens go to the Indiana state crime lab? What about a specimen from a person outside of Indiana? Would that also go to the Indiana lab or would it go to Quantico? Anyone know how this works?

I don't think it matters where the specimen is found. Indiana state police will collect and process their evidence, and work with the FBI to process more difficult evidence or things easier handled in Quantico. Quantico and other FBI labs will have more sophisticated equipment that can be useful to state/local LE.

I think everyone has to keep in mind the purpose of a search warrant. LE is required to get a SW to protect citizens against unreasonable searches that violate their privacy. LE needs to show a judge that they have probable cause - a good reason - to invade a person's privacy and search their house.

Case law in the state (and in Federal courts) outlines what is and isn't probable cause - but it ultimately comes down to what the Judge thinks about the evidence in front of him or her. The judge has to weigh the information in the probable cause affidavit, keeping in mind why LE wants to search the property. In a double homicide, the judge may be more lenient than if LE wanted to search someone for evidence of running a stop sign.

Probable cause can come from a lot of places. A credible tip + proximity to the crime scene can be enough! Even if LE cleared the person who owned a certain property, they may still want to search for any evidence of anyone else who had been there recently or broke in or walked across the property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

I agree with you. I think the voice is remarkably neutral considering the circumstances.

I looked a map of the trail and I'm confused. On that particular trail that the girls were walking on, when they reach the bridge and cross it, do they have to return back over it and go back the way they came? The trail looks as though it ends where the bridge is on the map.
Also, there was mention of additional parking at an Arby's. Did LE mention having pulled any cctv from the Arby's?
Is Riley Park an area where people can stay overnight?

I looked a map of the trail and I'm confused. On that particular trail that the girls were walking on, when they reach the bridge and cross it, do they have to return back over it and go back the way they came? The trail looks as though it ends where the bridge is on the map.
Also, there was mention of additional parking at an Arby's. Did LE mention having pulled any cctv from the Arby's?
Is Riley Park an area where people can stay overnight?

Correct, the NW approach to the bridge is where the trail ends. The bridge itself is still CSX railroad property. The property beyond the other end of the bridge (SE end), meaning the old railroad Right-of-Way, has been reclaimed by property owners along there.

I also agree. If I heard the voice taken out of context without knowing he was about to kill two people, I would never think there was anything unusual about the voice. I would say he sounded authoritative, determined with a purpose. He could be a tour guide directing his group where to walk.My impression is that he was coldly detached, his plan was in play in his mind's eye. Humans that commit these crimes are very different. There's no empathy or compassion. Only selfish determination to act out a predetermined scenario. IMO

I agree with you. I think the voice is remarkably neutral considering the circumstances.

I also agree. If I heard the voice taken out of context without knowing he was about to kill two people, I would never think there was anything unusual about the voice. I would say he sounded authoritative, determined with a purpose. He could be a tour guide directing his group where to walk.My impression is that he was coldly detached, his plan was in play in his mind's eye. Humans that commit these crimes are very different. There's no empathy or compassion. Only selfish determination to act out a predetermined scenario.

I've wondered just how much work had to go into cleaning up the audio, adjusting volume(s), etc., before it was released. There had to be some work involved to try to isolate the spoken words, as best they could.

I also agree. If I heard the voice taken out of context without knowing he was about to kill two people, I would never think there was anything unusual about the voice. I would say he sounded authoritative, determined with a purpose. He could be a tour guide directing his group where to walk.My impression is that he was coldly detached, his plan was in play in his mind's eye. Humans that commit these crimes are very different. There's no empathy or compassion. Only selfish determination to act out a predetermined scenario.

Imo.
He knew them
They knew him

They didn't run
They went with him..

All jmvoo

Imo.
He knew them
They knew him

They didn't run
They went with him..

All jmvoo

If Libby was that intelligent and we know she was why wouldn't she of named the person responsible on the video/audio

When I was watching a video on the bridge it suddenly occurred to me if i was alarmed by a person and thought I was being trapped I would actually jump off that bridge. At worse I break a leg but I'm alive.

But I am looking at this from a adults perspective and not a 13 year old.

Imo.
He knew them
They knew him

They didn't run
They went with him..

All jmvoo
Why do you think no one else seems to know or recognize him? Could he be an authority figure in their lives perhaps? Teacher, Sports Coach, something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214