IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

He sounded just like my father did when he was mad at me for something and said get in the car Instead of get down the hill.
Not yelling not frantic but I knew in was in trouble. Lol that what he sounded like to me.
Jmvoo

Once you go to the link for Time let the video picture come up it is there you see the picture. It is not shown on the actual video.

I don't recall any other case where someone who's "not a suspect" is required to be cleared. Maybe someone can offer an example?

I notice Google offers instances of people who at one time were considered suspects, then were later "cleared".
if you go into bemuse's post history she has more than once provided links to cases where LE has publicly cleared a person or persons from a crime who had have zero involvement. this has been done because of rumors and speculation on social media. All of them were high profile cases like this one, and the person or persons were never considered suspects.

I agree with you BoggLed. IMO
I must be in the minor majority because I don't hear any exasperation or particularly menacing tones to "down the hill" and I think if everyone had just played it without knowing the context you would maybe think the same.. like if someone just randomly played that audio snippet for you without you knowing ahead of time that it was recorded during a double homicide occurring , would you still be creeped out by it ,or think it had some kind of negative connotation with it?

He sounded just like my father did when he was mad at me for something and said get in the car Instead of get down the hill.
Not yelling not frantic but I knew in was in trouble. Lol that what he sounded like to me.
Jmvoo

But its impossible to know what BG sounds like in any other way, so I dont see how its possible to guess...there is no second piece of audio available (to us, anyways) to compare it to. Everyone has different ways of speaking and intonations.. so I guess my point is, we all hear what we are preconditioned to and honestly have nothing to base it off of.

Hi everyone I'm new to this site but been trying to keep up with all the posts regarding this case as it's one that really disturbed me.
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'm curious about the timings - Libby took the photo of Abbey at 2:07pm, the next picture(or what we've been shown from the video) is of BG, then we get the "down the hill" audio

These videos/audio clips must be time stamped so I wonder how long from Libby's initial SC picture did BG appear. Was the BG image and audio one continuous video - that would definitely confirm that BG was alone and the one to say "down the hill"

If the they were not one continuous video then what is the time difference between the BG image and the "down the hill" audio as this could be two different people.

Sorry if that was long winded :innocent::newhere:

Welcome Sonnie. The BG clip is stated as being 2.30 on the billboards IIRC. We are not sure if the video and audio are concurrent or not. LE have stated these clips could be one or two individuals, so it seems they don't have the answer for us there. If I have interpreted it wrongly then someone will correct me. Good questions anyway.

i am sitting next to a criminal attorney who has represented a handful of "suspects" in in homicide cases. she is telling me that the preponderance of the evidence against them in a case would out weigh any previous statement that someone is cleared. i don't think the argument "hey, you said he was cleared" would go to far in a court of law.

Exactly. So even if LE issued a press release " clearing" RL, it really wouldn't matter to those who think otherwise. A total waste of their time imo.

Yes. I think the LE statement about clearing him or moving him up on the list was a bit disingenuous. LE does not execute search warrants to clear someone. They execute search warrants because they have reason to believe they will find incriminating evidence.

That being said, I don't think RL = BG.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
i agree, they do not issue search warrants solely to clear someone. they do so because they believe they will find incriminating evidence.

with that said i think that it is likely that RL has some involvement.

i am sitting next to a criminal attorney who has represented a handful of "suspects" in in homicide cases. she is telling me that the preponderance of the evidence against them in a case would out weigh any previous statement that someone is cleared. i don't think the argument "hey, you said he was cleared" would go to far in a court of law.
So it's meaningless for LE to "clear" anyone. Only a court can do that, which is what I said threads ago.
Eta. Cross posted with you Misty. Great minds think alike.

Welcome Sonnie. The BG clip is stated as being 2.30 on the billboards IIRC. We are not sure if the video and audio are concurrent or not. LE have stated these clips could be one or two individuals, so it seems they don't have the answer for us there. If I have interpreted it wrongly then someone will correct me. Good questions anyway.

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen the time on the billboards. I understand the LE need to keep most of the details private but what do you suppose the reason they havnt told us if it's one concurrent video or not?

i agree, they do not issue search warrants solely to clear someone. they do so because they believe they will find incriminating evidence.

with that said i think that it is likely that RL has some involvement.

The girls were found on his property.
They would be negligent not to search it.
Imo they waited to long to do it it should have been done day one. I don't believe RL had anything to do with any of this. Jmo

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen the time on the billboards. I understand the LE need to keep most of the details private but what do you suppose the reason they havnt told us if it's one concurrent video or not?
Either they don't know or don't want us to know IMO. Also if it was all one video and the phone was put in a pocket or tossed in a bush then only the audio would be available for part of the clip and that could also explain why LE cannot determine if it is BG's voice or not. MOO.

<modsnip>

The known facts are that RL does live there, the girls were found on his property and LE and FBI served a probable cause search warrant for his personal home and outlying property. I humbly ask that posters allow free thinking and discussion as allowed by Websleuths' TOS even if it doesn't fit with one's own theory. tia!!

I'll keep my recipe card with RL's name on it until someone else is arrested and charge with the crime. Simply because I can. :happydance:

I don't necessarily hear exasperation or anger at that moment either...Although he of obviously had cruel murder on his mind, what I hear most in the clip is urgency, probably to get them further out of sight fast. And I bet the adrenaline was hitting him hard in those moments where he'd committed to executing his plan.

And yeah, If I randomly heard the clip of his voice without any context of knowing that he'd done something bad, I could imagine maybe my Dad would sound like that if there was some urgent reason to "get" somewhere. Like as in, "I'll explain, but go now." Although I can't think of any way he could've fooled them to get them down the hill, especially a stranger. And if they knew him that well I'm thinking too that they'd know who he was, and that one of the girls would have said his name or there would be audio that suggested it.

Just thinking...All totally just my own thoughts and opinions.

Admin Note

This piling on....well, heck, let's just call it what is is - bullying of fellow members whose opinions differ from your own is not going to be tolerated another minute. We are still cleaning up this mess. Per Tricia, everyone who participated in the piling on is being issued a 7 day Time Out.

Those of you who refuse to use the Ignore Feature (available through settings) and/or lack the self-control to scroll and roll - the intent is clear that you want to shove your views down others throats until they agree with your way of thinking. No one here gets to demand any other member to answer them.

This mess today was shameful.

Totally agree, i as well have never heard exasperation in those three words. I have wondered if the sheriff who made that statement was referencing other words spoken that we ( joe public) have not heard.

Hate to say it but i don't think suspect will be caught with what info we know today. If he doesn't slip up in conversation that catches someones attention he will strike again because he feels untouchable at this time. So so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr