IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream last night that I was in a deli with a TV on and all the folks in there were talking excitedly.....the killer had been caught and it was on the news. In my dream he was about 45, tall and plump, dark hair, dark mustache, full face and lips. And he looked very mean.

I was sad to remember this dream this morning, knowing it's not reality :(. I hope it is soon, though.
I have been having nightmares too, sometimes I walk away from this thread. This is the crime of nightmares, the pic and audio is the stuff of nightmares. So thankful that Liberty had the wherewithal to capture this evidence. God bless her. This happened in a little town where the postmen know everything about everyone down to almost what they eat for breakfast I bet. He has not been ID'ed yet we might think....so IMO he is from the outlying area, maybe a state or two away. I think that he has been incarcerated maybe for a longer period because he is older. He hasn't been in society where he would be recognized perhaps. And I think he was in prison for a bad crime years ago but is responsible for similar crimes years ago that have not been attributed to him yet. Not really sure though, could be anything. Hope he is caught soon.

The problem I have in these cases is what is LE supposed to say if they really don't know yet who is responsible? There's always a lot of talk about LE warning the community, but if you think about it, what can they say? Keep your kids inside indefinitely? The odds are so small but the act so horrific you're in a tight spot. Unless there's an imminent threat or active shooter I think it's hard for LE to really say anything. JMO of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I have in these cases is what is LE supposed to say if they really don't know yet who is responsible? There's always a lot of talk about LE warning the community, but if you think about it, what can they say? Keep your kids inside indefinitely? The odds are so small but the act so horrific you're in a tight spot. Unless there's an imminent threat or active shooter I think it's hard for LE to really say anything. JMO of course.

I agree, it would be only common sense for people to be on guard more than usual in a small town with unsolved murders. They have told people that much. I don't think they know if a local committed this crime, or can say for certain the girls were specifically targeted. I thought they knew more at first than I think they do now.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/04/fbi-apps-kik-missing-girl-rape/

The FBI is warning parents about apps like the one agents said a 14-year-old Northwest Indiana girl was using when she met a group of men, who now are facing rape charges.

“They were communicating at some point on a chat app called Kik. K-I-K,” he said. “Kik is one of those apps that can be problematic due to the anonymity of it.”

Ramsey said after the girl met the 21-year-old man online, he drove her to Ohio and left her with the 25-year-old and a 27-year-old men.
-.-.-.-

The poor girl could have been murdered too - who knows.

I have been having nightmares too, sometimes I walk away from this thread. This is the crime of nightmares, the pic and audio is the stuff of nightmares. So thankful that Liberty had the wherewithal to capture this evidence. God bless her. This happened in a little town where the postmen know everything about everyone down to almost what they eat for breakfast I bet. He has not been ID'ed yet we might think....so IMO he is from the outlying area, maybe a state or two away. I think that he has been incarcerated maybe for a longer period because he is older. He hasn't been in society where he would be recognized perhaps. And I think he was in prison for a bad crime years ago but is responsible for similar crimes years ago that have not been attributed to him yet. Not really sure though, could be anything. Hope he is caught soon.

Agreed.

Hi Alethea,

I was looking for some quotes from LE in Jessica Ridgeway's case re: LE warning and advising the community, etc, and came across this article (which is fantastic because it talks a lot about Jessica). It is O/T, but I hope some of you get a chance to read it.

LE, in her case, was quite clear in communicating the danger to the public(they had horrible, horrible physical evidence which made it clear they were dealing with an absolute monster of the sickest kind; thank goodness ARS was apprehended).

http://www.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-to-the-colorado-girl/

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/04/fbi-apps-kik-missing-girl-rape/

The FBI is warning parents about apps like the one agents said a 14-year-old Northwest Indiana girl was using when she met a group of men, who now are facing rape charges.

“They were communicating at some point on a chat app called Kik. K-I-K,” he said. “Kik is one of those apps that can be problematic due to the anonymity of it.”

Ramsey said after the girl met the 21-year-old man online, he drove her to Ohio and left her with the 25-year-old and a 27-year-old men.
-.-.-.-

The poor girl could have been murdered too - who knows.

Woooah...de-ja-vu:

"Ramsey’s advice for parents: Know what your kids are saying and sending on line."

Sounds familiar, doesnt it? :waitasec:

(Is there somewhere to "vent about politivent"? :biggrin: jk but the front page is niw consumed with politics and I had to scroll past threads of political crap to get here...is there an "ignore subforum" button so they dont come up on my "latest posts" page?...)

I just saw BG panhandling on the ramp to a local bridge. 😨 😂

The above is just my opinion.

I have to admit, I find it a bit odd LE has said nothing else about its residents safety. Not that they need to beat a dead horse, but it's very uncommon for two teenager girls to be murdered near popular hiking and fishing area. Obviously, most people have common sense to practice good safety.

However, one last statement before summer starts doesn't seem overbearing to me. You will have people out doing typical summer activities.

I have to admit, I find it a bit odd LE has said nothing else about its residents safety. Not that they need to beat a dead horse, but it's very uncommon for two teenager girls to be murdered near popular hiking and fishing area. Obviously, most people have common sense to practice good safety.

However, one last statement before summer starts doesn't seem overbearing to me. You will have people out doing typical summer activities.
I've wondered about this as well. That's what's making me wonder if local people know more than what we know. Perhaps they feel consoled because they have some sort of insider information that whoever did this murder is not a threat. Why else would such a big group of people, a whole community, not be publicly outraged or demanding more information? ...or at least questioning their kids' safety? It kind of boggles my mind. But I'm from a big city. Different reactions to different things I suppose.

The above is just my opinion.

It probably depends on what personality type he is and why he does what he does. Either of us could be correct.

In my scenario: He could have once been a normal kid who had a traumatic event that caused him to become two people -- the one who was traumatized and his normal self. When he grew up, his victim side wanted to be on the other side and have the control so he started having urges and became BG, who is a serial rapist, at the least; but possibly even a SK. His normal good-guy side may not want to identify with the BG side on a daily basis, so this personality type might not feel the need to relive the crimes often. He would disassociate from that side of himself and his crimes. If he thinks about them at all, he has to brush it off as no big deal, because he can't face the enormity of what he has done.

I can easily imagine a scenario where you're correct as well.
Dissociative disorders may be somewhat common, but multiple personalities are extremely rare (I was told this by my own therapist when I was diagnosed with the former.) That doesn't mean your theory has to be totally off though. One of the main things about a dissociative disorder is that the person's mind "dissociates" from the body when something uncomfortable happens. This often starts because of some kind of abuse in childhood; the child's mind separates from what's happening. Sometimes it can be by imagining being somewhere else (or someone else, which might lead to multiple personalities), but often it can be by becoming more of an audience than a participant.

If BG has a Dissociative disorder, I'd think it would be more likely to be the second type. He may be able to do something as gruesome as this and return to his normal life without showing any indication that anything out of the ordinary happened. He wouldn't be likely to feel any more guilt than he would if he had watched a movie that showed an assault and/or murder/s done by someone else. He would know he had done it, but he wouldn't have the normal emotions associated with the acts.

For the record, I'm not the type that does that sort of thing, I just block out anything uncomfortable/distressing that happens in my life. :scared:

Or it could be something completely different! All MOO

Update: ok this guys been caught. Still eerie resemblance.
From Patricia Buckley, police in Ohio are searching for an a man wanted for an abduction there who has also not been caught. His appearance bears more than a passing resemblance to BG.

FBI seeks assistance in search for abducted Ohio girl
Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact the FBI Tip Line at 216-622-6842.
wishtv.com

In one of the Delphi media reports a list of common sense safety advice by LE was published, walking in groups, keeping cellphones charged, establishing exact pickup times etc. Also early in the case a couple of local posters said LE was holding various local meeting sessions. I would imagine safety was one of the main topics. It's a small community and direct communication is probably more effective by local gatherings. Another media report mentioned local canvassing by LE. Not sure what was involved in that but perhaps safety handouts were included as well. The way information is transmitted in small towns is often different than in cities, where the only way to reach large populations of people is by the media.

From Patricia Buckley, police in Ohio are searching for an a man wanted for an abduction there who has also not been caught. His appearance bears more than a passing resemblance to BG.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact the FBI Tip Line at 216-622-6842.
wishtv.com
interesting

(Is there somewhere to "vent about politivent"? :biggrin: jk but the front page is niw consumed with politics and I had to scroll past threads of political crap to get here...is there an "ignore subforum" button so they dont come up on my "latest posts" page?...)

Try going (top of the page) to Forum Actions. Go to General Settings and there's an option called Forums To Exclude From View. That should help if you add the Politivent one. MOO

wishtv.com

If this is the same case, he was arrested December, 2016.
http://fox8.com/2016/12/05/fbi-to-d...d-child-abduction-elyria-attempted-abduction/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member