IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Too many posts to find and quote, but referring to the idea that the girls might have been chased and they tried to run/swim across the creek to escape, I had posted waaay upstream about how one time I was being chased by my abusive ex so I ran into the ocean to get away from him, I thought I could out swim him; I was sure he was going to kill me as he had already tackled, strangled and kicked me so I had taken off running...(he ended up gaining on me in the water so I picked up a heavy rock and threw it at him as hard as I could, it broke his rib and he started drowning, so I had to go back and save him and swam him back to shore, the irony...true story I swear!

Do I remember correctly that one (or both) of the girls were swimmers? Then there was that fishing pic...do we know if they had ever been in that creek before?

The photo Libby took was from the south end of the bridge. The north end you can tell the difference as it has the bollards which you can see in some photos.

:moo:
I had to look up what a bollard is. Yes, the photo Libby took of Abby is looking North. Libby also took a photo looking South of the empty bridge. There are also bollards at the south end but they are not visible in Libby's photo. The one on the south side is visible in a media photo - there is one in a Daily Mail article - and it has a Beware of Dog sign on it. It too is orange and is otherwise identical to the one seen at the North end of the trail.

You have a good point whiskers. I don't think we know if other Mears property was searched because we don't know the details of all the search warrants. It would be logical based on the proximity to the CS imo.

We do know that the parcel of the Mears' property directly across the street was searched the same day as RL's. Whether or not additional parcels, buildings, or barns were searched would be very interesting to know.

We do know that the parcel of the Mears' property directly across the street was searched the same day as RL's. Whether or not additional parcels, buildings, or barns were searched would be very interesting to know.

Good stuff in the image thread Webby btw (may I call you Webby too?) with the idea of the hunting/tactical vest underneath the jacket and the superimpositions. If yall haven't taken a peak down there, please do.

I had to look up what a bollard is. Yes, the photo Libby took of Abby is looking North. Libby also took a photo looking South of the empty bridge. There are also bollards at the south end but they are not visible in Libby's photo. The one on the south side is visible in a media photo - there is one in a Daily Mail article - and it has a Beware of Dog sign on it. It too is orange and is otherwise identical to the one seen at the North end of the trail.
That's a lot of bollards Jethro ;-)

Thank you as I had not seen the bollards on the south end of the bridge.

Sorry for the confusion as sometimes my British expressions seem to confuse:)

I never know which words/terms are universal unfortunately:D

I don't know if anyone has the link handy but in the one interview I believe with Abby's mother there was a recounting of how Abby would FaceTime with Libby and that Abby used an iPad and Libby had an iPhone. I could swear - and could very well be mistaken - that the iPhone was said to be an iPhone 4. I wish I could be more certain. I am in the middle of transitioning to another computer so almost everything I have in links and such is sitting in a backup hence why my responses have been much about others hopefully having a link available because I can't get to mine.

The statements about face-timing was made in the Delphi Daughters special:

[video=youtube;m7LopVJddaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LopVJddaU[/video]

#boom thank you for posting this. I've been saying this for a while because Of the apparent swiftness of abduction.
It's likely on the recording andnthats the last time this guy can attempt this MO with impunity.
Cheers

If the recording had indicated BG impersonated some kind of LE or security personnel/ position of authority, wouldn't LE had mentioned that as a general warning to the public to warn residents, particularly kids, to be cautious of someone impersonating as such? Would they keep something that important close to their vest as well? I wouldnt think so, but who knows anymore.

Libby was a strong swimmer; maybe she helped Abby across. But they would be drenched and cold and very vulnerable to hypothermia.

If only the British knew how to speak English .... just kidding

I don't know if anyone has the link handy but in the one interview I believe with Abby's mother there was a recounting of how Abby would FaceTime with Libby and that Abby used an iPad and Libby had an iPhone. I could swear - and could very well be mistaken - that the iPhone was said to be an iPhone 4. I wish I could be more certain. I am in the middle of transitioning to another computer so almost everything I have in links and such is sitting in a backup hence why my responses have been much about others hopefully having a link available because I can't get to mine.

Thanks. Even if it were, cellphone cases that are waterproof are very common. And I'm not saying I think the cellphone was found in the river, just a possibility. For all we know the homicides occured by gunfire, the bodies left where they fell, cellphone intact:-(

If the recording had indicated BG impersonated some kind of LE or security personnel/ position of authority, wouldn't LE had mentioned that as a general warning to the public to warn residents, particularly kids, to be cautious of someone impersonating as such? Would they keep something that important close to their vest as well? I wouldnt think so, but who knows anymore.

I think they would, if that were the case. IMO an attempt to trick children by the "cop scenario" is more likely to occur in cities where most people are strangers, as opposed to a town of 3,000 where everybody knows everybody including who's on the local police force.

Thanks. Even if it were, cellphone cases that are waterproof are very common. And I'm not saying I think the cellphone was found in the river, just a possibility. For all we know the homicides occured by gunfire, the bodies left where they fell, cellphone intact:-(
Since we're guessing, I would think this most likely. The scenario with them being shot, perhaps as they were fleeing. IMO

("Bum bag" is now universal thanks to some British posters here...I will never call it a fanny pack again! :biggrin: ...."Bum bag" just flows so nicely!)

Bollards aren't just an English term. This winter my husband and I were bicycling in Tucson, AZ. At the trail entrance was a sign saying, "Caution. Bollards in use." Of course, we had no idea and stopped to ask the next person we met. As he laughed, he explained they were to us Midwesterners what we call posts or poles. It's a nautical term.

I think Libby threw the phone far, into underbrush , BG had to know at least one of them had a phone. What kind of a killer doesn't observe his prey before striking? How could he possibly not have seen her taking pics? And even if by some chance he didnt see her with it, he would assume teens would have phones and searched their pockets looking for them. I think she threw it and he knew it but didn't have time to keep looking for it. Maybe he later injected himself into the search party, and instead of "trying to find the girls", he was actually looking for the phone. Maybe he even told someone he did "look" for the girls in the area they were found, and they marked that spot as cleared to buy himself more time to try and find the phone (I'm going on the presumption he knew or suspected she threw it) if this is the case it would also explain why their bodies werent located that night, and not found until a different searcher doubled over areas already searched. JMO.

The statements about face-timing was made in the Delphi Daughters special:

[video=youtube;m7LopVJddaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LopVJddaU[/video]

Another thing from that video was the statement that Libby was so interested in science that she went to some special classes of some sort at Purdue . did they ever really check into that for a possible link ? maybe BG is connected to Purdue?

I don't know about that. It seems the only reason he got arrested was because this case drew LE attention upon him. But in the almost 4 years if his drinking or driving menaced the town, don't you think he'd already have got reported by somebody and arrested long ago?
my guess he had been driving for quite some time prior to the murders, and that LE has been aware of it. The town is too small for them not to know. They have probably driven by his place and the white truck countless times.

I think Libby threw the phone far, into underbrush , BG had to know at least one of them had a phone. What kind of a killer doesn't observe his prey before striking? How could he possibly not have seen her taking pics? And even if by some chance he didnt see her with it, he would assume teens would have phones and searched their pockets looking for them. I think she threw it and he knew it but didn't have time to keep looking for it. Maybe he later injected himself into the search party, and instead of "trying to find the girls", he was actually looking for the phone. Maybe he even told someone he did "look" for the girls in the area they were found, and they marked that spot as cleared to buy himself more time to try and find the phone (I'm going on the presumption he knew or suspected she threw it) if this is the case it would also explain why their bodies werent located that night, and not found until a different searcher doubled over areas already searched. JMO.

I think she slipped it between the ties on the bridge so it would have fallen under the bridge. We're LE not looking under the bridge with metal detectors the following day? Also LE had stated that things had happened quickly after the "down the hill" recording.

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

Good stuff in the image thread Webby btw (may I call you Webby too?) with the idea of the hunting/tactical vest underneath the jacket and the suoerimpositions. If yall haven't taken a peak down there, please do.

Thanks Margarita! :blushing: I am really excited with how this latest experiment turned out.

To those who have not been to the image thread and seen it, I wondered how BG was actually carrying various items in his coat (if that is what is going on there). I started looking for hunting vests. Normally you would wear them outside but I thought "what if he were wearing it inside his jacket?"

People have brough up tactical type vests but to me they rest too high up on the chest. The pictures of BG, imo, show his carrying bulky weight at the bottom of his jacket, pulling down from the shoulders. The area across the chest appears hollow to me. So I started looking for hunting vest that hung low and I found several, but the one I chose lines up, again imo, perfectly with the bulk in his coat.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I superimposed the two images to line up how the vest would fit on BG underneath the jacket. It was a perfect fit. Is he actually wearing one? I cannot say of course, so pure speculation, but for me, if he is this would answer alot of questions about that jacket. I am not allowed to post the images here so if you are interested in how it all fit together, the images are in posts #577 and #579 on the image thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...erty-German-14-Delphi&p=13375060#post13375060

I would be very honored if anyone here would have a look and share your thoughts? As always, feel free to :poke:poke holes.

Attachments

• cropped2nd adjusted.jpg
    cropped2nd adjusted.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 529
  • OLT2250%20OBS_M.jpg
    OLT2250%20OBS_M.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 534
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online