IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they were pinging different towers I used MP's description. My point is the phones were still operating apparently. Can't see that happening if the phones were waterlogged that afternoon. LE will have the precise info on when the phones stopped working. It is another indication to me that they left the area in a vehicle.

iPhone7s are advertised to be totally waterproof, as are several iPhone cases. It's also possible it stopped working only because the battery ran out considering it was used to record video for an unreleased length of time.

Another thought, don't know whether possible:
Abducted from South bridge end, driven by car to another location, left injured/dead at some place on RL-ground. RL found them, panicked because of possible investigation into himself (alcohol, driving etc.) and notified someone to help him dragging ("Not in a million years!") the bodies by night to the already searched location on his property (last CS) where it seemed impossible to have dragged or carried the girls (as he said and stressed).
Does it make sense in any form?

It would be "twisted" IF something like this would have been the crime flow ....
I think if he was gonna move them he would have put them on his neighbours property (Mears) but I don't think he was involved tbh.

iPhone7s are advertised to be totally waterproof, as are several iPhone cases. It's also possible it stopped working only because the battery ran out considering it was used to record video for an unreleased length of time.
Do you have a link that states the girls had IP7's? I haven't seen that.
Even so I think 3 feet of water would block transmission IMO. Who wants to test their IP7 in the bath to check this theory? It could be put in a plastic container first then fill the bath and try find my phone or ring it?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by whiskers
Does the Mears property contain a residence/home or is it only farming property? Such as land, barn, and grain bin only?

I believe that the Mears' farm is a large but disconnected property. I do not believe that that part of the property has any housing. I am going to go look at the property tax map to make sure.

https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

attachment.php

All the property parcels outlined in red are part of the Mears' Farm (this is not complete just the immediate area to RL).

Note that RL's property borders the Mears' property down to the creek.

Also interesting is that Mears owns the property either side of the trail that leads to the bridge. And, also the house across from the entrance on 300N.

ETA: I know the info about the Mears' property is not new but I am re-stating it for our purposes here re: SW.

Attachments

• 2mearsproperty.png
    2mearsproperty.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
That the crime scene area had already been searched in the darkness of the night on Feb 13th is pure speculation. Aside from the river bank (accidentally falling in) and calling out their names while walking the length of the trails (disorientated, lost), considering "no foul play was expected" why do you think the unorganized search team specifically searched that area of dry land?

No link - I read of the conjecture the area had been searched.

Thanks. I know it's across from RL's house. But their property may have more than one barn. I'm trying to figure out if this exact barn they searched is one of the historical barns on the Mears property.

This is the barn that was searched. It is the one by the big grain bin. I believe this is not near the historic barns you linked.

attachment.php

Here is a little private garden named after Lois Mears near the trail. I hadn't heard of it yet. Maybe you all mentioned it and I didn't catch it:

LOIS MEARS GARDEN
​
The Lois Mears Garden is a privately owned little park open to the public. The late Lois Mears lived for 60 years in the historic farmhouse across the road (300N) from the garden that bears her name. She loved the spring wildflowers in the area and in her special place of about acre she added daffodils, grape hyacinths and other bulbs to the existing wildflowers. Lois was instrumental in getting the Monon Trail started when she convinced the Wabash & Erie Canal Association to take on the task of creating a trail out of the abandoned railbed. Visitors can enter the Lois Mears Garden through a path that goes from the Monon Trail to 300N next to Sherry’s Lane where there is a small parking lot.

Scroll to the bottom: http://www.bicentennialpark.net

It sounds like the Mears were instrumental in founding the trails.
Is this the parking that has now been closed or is that a different area?

This is the barn that was searched. It is the one by the big grain bin. I believe this is not near the historic barns you linked.

attachment.php

Thank you. From the sounds of what I've read, the Mears are responsible for bringing the trails into fruition.

In Oct. of 2016 one of their historical barns on their property had a tour. You could take a tour of a Mears barn. So it's probably on one of these parcels of land. But not the exact barn that was searched.

Wow 13 weeks today. Maybe TODAY would be a good day for an arrest.

Moo.

Do you have a link that states the girls had IP7's? I haven't seen that.
Even so I think 3 feet of water would block transmission IMO. Who wants to test their IP7 in the bath to check this theory? It could be put in a plastic container first then fill the bath and try find my phone or ring it?

We know nothing about what type of cell phones. I was replying to your comment about cellphones not working if they became waterlogged. In fact very few facts have been released including where Libby's cellphone was located. But for a murdererer to kidnap two girls by car, drive around, murder them, bring the bodies back and manually transport them over rough terrains to a site where they'd be sure to be found fairly quickly, PLUS return Libby's cellphone to be found --- such brazen and very senseless activity but in over three months has managed to avoid detection. In my personal opinion that theory would seem at odds in a case not yet solved by now.

Lots of historical places going on. I find it creepy.imo

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I know it's across from RL's house. But their property may have more than one barn. I'm trying to figure out if this exact barn they searched is one of the historical barns onu the Mears property.
You have a good point whiskers. I don't think we know if other Mears property was searched because we don't know the details of all the search warrants. It would be logical based on the proximity to the CS imo.

I think BG had a fake badge, maybe pretending to be security along the trails. Maybe he approached the girls, pulled out his badge & berated them for tresspassing on the dangerous bridge. Then he directed them down the hill to where he said his squad car was & they complied, thinking they really were in trouble. Sadly, they didn't realize the terrible fate he had planned for them until it were too late.

#boom thank you for posting this. I've been saying this for a while because Of the apparent swiftness of abduction.
It's likely on the recording andnthats the last time this guy can attempt this MO with impunity.
Cheers

I don't know if anyone has the link handy but in the one interview I believe with Abby's mother there was a recounting of how Abby would FaceTime with Libby and that Abby used an iPad and Libby had an iPhone. I could swear - and could very well be mistaken - that the iPhone was said to be an iPhone 4. I wish I could be more certain. I am in the middle of transitioning to another computer so almost everything I have in links and such is sitting in a backup hence why my responses have been much about others hopefully having a link available because I can't get to mine.

We know nothing about what type of cell phones. I was replying to your comment about cellphones not working if they became waterlogged. In fact very few facts have been released including where Libby's cellphone was located. But for a murdererer to kidnap two girls by car, drive around, murder them, bring the bodies back and manually transport them over rough terrains to a site where they'd be sure to be found fairly quickly, PLUS return Libby's cellphone to be found --- such brazen and very senseless activity but in over three months has managed to avoid detection. In my personal opinion that theory would seem at odds in a case not yet solved by now.
My recent theory didn't bring them back anywhere. What is your theory?

I don't think he walked them...I think he came up southside and made them nervous and they were closer to nothend so they started walking quickly taking a picture behind them. I still remember that picture (that seems to be blurred out) of them at one end of bridge and I am going to believe it is northend. I just can't see them going through a creek..

Just my opinion and doesn't have to be popular!!

The photo Libby took was from the south end of the bridge. The north end you can tell the difference as it has the bollards which you can see in some photos.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member