IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If "the source" was reliable, too bad we don't know where the set of footprints was found, assuming they indeed are connected to the case. Because if BG marched Abby and Libby Down the Hill to the CS, if one person leaves footprints then why isn't there three sets?

Good question. Thanks for kicking that idea around a bit.

I thought I read on here that someone speculated the water searchers were the one/ones who found the footprints. That made as much sense to me as anything else. Otherwise, if the searchers came down the hill from the cemetery, surely they would have seen the bodies before the foot prints? Well, unless the bodies were well hidden, then they may have seen the foot prints in the mud along the creek bank. (Maybe)

Has anyone made an official request for the SWs? Unless they are sealed, the public should have access to them.

Some folks that were arrested stemming as a result of the investigation were due to outstanding warrants, such as, failure to appear in court.
I don't think they've been requested. How is that accomplished or are they available on line anywhere?

Good question. Thanks for kicking that idea around a bit.

I thought I read on here that someone speculated the water searchers were the one/ones who found the footprints. That made as much sense to me as anything else. Otherwise, if the searchers came down the hill from the cemetery, surely they would have seen the bodies before the foot prints? Well, unless the bodies were well hidden, then they may have seen the foot prints in the mud along the creek bank. (Maybe)

Now this makes me wonder. Were BG's deep exaggerated foot prints running along the mud chasing them while they dash through the trees above. Was he trying to cut them off. In this scenario his tracks would be the ones initially visible. Another possibility is perhaps one of the girls was running along the creek. Ugh. Too many possibilities. IMO

Early on in this case, snips regarding footprints......

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

And from CNN.......

CASAREZ: Of course. You know, Jonna, they executed a search warrant Thursday night right before the show started at a home in Delphi. They were looking at the grass area around the home. They say nothing of evidentiary value came from that. But to search the grass surrounding the home shows they believe there were things missing from the crime scene, right?

JONNA SPILBOR, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Perhaps, or were they searching for a particular footprint that was going to match a footprint near the scene?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html
A set of footprints led volunteers to the bodies. To me this means he departed the crime scene alone. No second perp and no carrying of two bodies to the CS. JMO.

Description of a person who might be BG:

Loving parents
Good school education
Early successful hobbies
Outstanding career
Other talents besides the career
Very high income
Girlfriends
Houses, Cars (at least 1 at a time)

Character probably:

Particularly ambitious
Very offended about refusals that he has experienced
An agile fighter, so mentally and physically
Allergic to the arrogance of superiors
Slightly allergic to behavior rules
Half as self-assured as he could be

Would you ever think of someone being a suspect in a double homicide of whom you would know the above? Would you see any motive?

This is "thinking outside the box" for sure. Congratulations! Not a "lowlife" perhaps?

Early on in this case, snips regarding footprints......

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

And from CNN.......

CASAREZ: Of course. You know, Jonna, they executed a search warrant Thursday night right before the show started at a home in Delphi. They were looking at the grass area around the home. They say nothing of evidentiary value came from that. But to search the grass surrounding the home shows they believe there were things missing from the crime scene, right?

JONNA SPILBOR, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Perhaps, or were they searching for a particular footprint that was going to match a footprint near the scene?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

"A set of footprints".....Thanks MistyWaters....many moons ago someone on this forum wanted proof of those words having been used .......and you found them. ☺

A set of footprints led volunteers to the bodies. To me this means he departed the crime scene alone. No second perp and no carrying of two bodies to the CS. JMO.

What if they were 2 perps and they carried the girl's bodies to where they were found :eek:? Didn't LE hint that BG or whomever likely attacked the girls very quickly as that's why no more of the audio or video can be released? We don't know who's footprints they were. If poor Libby and Abby were killed quickly as soon as they were told to get "down the hill", 2 perps could have carried them. JMO Oops "a set" does that mean 1 person's? If so where LG and AW's found there too?

"A set of footprints".....Thanks MistyWaters....many moons ago someone on this forum wanted proof of those words having been used .......and you found them. ☺

You're welcome. I've been reading some of the earliest reports that I missed. I made a pledge to myself never again to get caught up in children's homicide case because, I don't know, I guess because they tug on my heartstrings a lot. But I held out for a few weeks, obviously that didn't last. Something about this case, can't exactly explain but Abby and Libby's families leave me feeling they're very deserving of outsiders who take an interest in the case being solved.

What if they were 2 perps and they carried the girl's bodies to where they were found :eek:? Didn't LE hint that BG or whomever likely attacked the girls very quickly as that's why no more of the audio or video can be released? We don't know who's footprints they were. If poor Libby and Abby were killed quickly as soon as they were told to get "down the hill", 2 perps could have carried them. JMO Oops "a set" does that mean 1 person's? If so where LG and AW's found there too?

Yes a set of footprints means the left and right of only one person.

I understand it's looped but I will go with foot steps. They are walking and possible the sound of leaves and or gravel? Maybe brushing up against tree limbs? Come on, everyone should take an educated guess at this. I think BoP may have something with this question.

Ive questioned this also a long time ago and still am not sure its the common opinion of leaves or gravel..it sounds a little different to me but i cant quite identify it. I even got to hear the slowed down version of the whole thing (i was chatting with GH and asked him to PM me that slowed loop and he did) it sounds even stranger that way

There is one detail missing that would be nice to know. The volunteers followed a "set" of foot prints to the bodies. Was that set of foot prints coming from or to the bodies? If coming from, where did the foot prints going "to" the bodies come from? The creek? The cemetery? What did the K-9 team pick up?

Has anyone looked into the similar case in 2012 in Indiana where 2 young cousins, 10 and 8 year old girls, were killed in very similar circumstances? Is anyone interested in discussing this? Does anyone know of any similar cases in the surrounding states?

Has anyone looked into the similar case in 2012 in Indiana where 2 young cousins, 10 and 8 year old girls, were killed in very similar circumstances? Is anyone interested in discussing this? Does anyone know of any similar cases in the surrounding states?

Iowa, and yes.

There is one detail missing that would be nice to know. The volunteers followed a "set" of foot prints to the bodies. Was that set of foot prints coming from or to the bodies? If coming from, where did the foot prints going "to" the bodies come from? The creek? The cemetery? What did the K-9 team pick up?

I think a set of footprints is important. To me, it means one. There is some legitimate evidence on the scanner thread from a few weeks ago, and I know I am not allowed to post it here, but it did make me wonder if the initial crime did happen on the bridge side of Deer Creek. Any member can go back and take a look of what possible evidence was found there.

With that theory, the crime happened fast, and the suspect did place their bodies on the other side of the creek. Possibly to hide DNA, possibly an attempt to move their bodies away. He may have panicked.

He may have been scouting the area ahead of time, and knew how to cross the creek in the shallowest places. No doubt he would still get wet, and so would the girls.

After reading about how criminals sometimes start out starting fires I thought of what might be one of the things seen in BG's coat. I had thought he had a walkie talkie. He might have had a torch used to light a campstove. Long, thin tube with a trigger at the other end. I have several. I would have posted a picture but I can't get it to post.JMO

OT-ish, I had a crime show on a while ago today, and the detective was talking about how when they found the real killer of a young girl, they did not release another possible suspect who was in jail, because he was being charged with lying to police, not the murder. So even though he had been arrested in connection with the murder, he did not do it, but also did not get out of jail. Anyway...reminded me of RL. Carry on.

I hadn't thought of this before, but do you think maybe one reason LE made such a show of RL was to warn others they had better not lie to LE if they too are interviewed/interrogated re: this case??

Question that I don't think we've discussed at length.

What specifically do you think you are hearing in the background of the 'down the hill' loop?

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

Sounds like feet rustling through dry leaves to me ...maybe phone was in Libby's pocket so picked up a lot of ground sound?? And, I hate to say it, but, when I listen to the Down The Hill loop I find myself thinking it sounds like RL, I imagine it is he saying it! Could this be from having most listened to the voice loop around the time RL was a hot topic or ... does anyone else think it sounds like RL at all if he were in serious/urgent mode?? IDK. Drives me crazy! I don't think RL did it, but ... ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx