IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correcting the quote -

From the video, immediately after that comment.

Q: Does it ever seem like you're chasing a phantom?

Sheriff Leazenby: I can easily see why someone might develop that attitude and thought.

But then the conversation is cut. Reporter then adds the Sheriff says "it's no cold case".
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

The other "Phantom" connection is the ABC video containing a photo of the overlaid image of a shadowy, ghostly looking BG. I'm sure most if you remember what I'm referring to. It was aired when BG officially was named a suspect.

The killer is no ghost. He is real and imo LE is close to pulling the white sheet he's covering himself with right off him!

God, that was heartbreaking to watch. I feel terrible for those mothers, those families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is heartbreaking. By the descriptions of both Abby and Libby, their personalities, their interests, their accomplishments and their plans for the future, any parent or grandparent would be so very proud to call their own. How they were taken away so tragically just makes no sense whatsoever. Pure evil was responsible imo.

More random snips --

Well, we kind of know there is more video/audio in the recorded video on her phone. I think we can surmise that she clicked on and put it in her pocket or something and that the perpetrators voice was all that LE wanted to get out at the time.

There might be some future need for LE to release more.,.. if they need it to help identify the suspect. Since it obviously does not have A BETTER photo of the perpetrator, then my only question is there a better sample of his voice??? Even if it is threatening and would be horribly insensitive for the family to hear it, would it actually help identify him with a bigger "sample" of his voice?

Well, we kind of know there is more video/audio in the recorded video on her phone. I think we can surmise that she clicked on and put it in her pocket or something and that the perpetrators voice was all that LE wanted to get out at the time.

There might be some future need for LE to release more.,.. if they need it to help identify the suspect. Since it obviously does not have A BETTER photo of the perpetrator, then my only question is there a better sample of his voice??? Even if it is threatening and would be horribly insensitive for the family to hear it, would it actually help identify him with a bigger "sample" of his voice?

Hoping someone more knowledgeable than me about these situations could respond :

I'm sincerely wondering, would the families already have knowledge about what is on the audio or would they find out alongside everyone else? The reason why I'm asking is because this process would have to be downright torturous for these poor families, learning horrific details one by one as they're released. It would be like a wound being ripped open repeatedly. I'm sure that they would know COD, but what about things such as video/audio that was captured?

It just might, but even I don't want to hear them screaming for their lives. Maybe LE could edit anything like that out.

Hoping someone more knowledgeable than me about these situations could respond :

I'm sincerely wondering, would the families already have knowledge about what is on the audio or would they find out alongside everyone else? The reason why I'm asking is because this process would have to be downright torturous for these poor families, learning horrific details one by one as they're released. It would be like a wound being ripped open repeatedly. I'm sure that they would know COD, but what about things such as video/audio that was captured?

For all we really know, family could have been who found the recording on the Cloud? Maybe they even brought it to LE's attention. That would be beyond awful to find that.

It just might, but even I don't want to hear them screaming for their lives. Maybe LE could edit anything like that out.

I don't even want to hear their quiet frightened whimpers or such.
I think the clip they released is likely the only moment when his voice was the only sound. Which would be why the beginning of it is the end of a clipped word before "down".
There could be other threatening statements that indicate weapon, injury, etc. I can see why it would compromise the investigation and be upsetting.

I had seen jibber jabber on the FB pages that the families don't have any more info than the public, but nothing official from MSM or LE .Such private sleuthing, though, is not for discussion here per TOS.

Something new to think about. Four locations, people associated to those locations.....? ETA: Not, the quote is probably related to ball field locations.

"Investigators received thousands of tips and interviewed hundreds of people in the case, but have yet to identify the suspect.

“I think the focus is now to just keep people remembering that we still need tips and still need to keep it fresh in their minds,” said Foster.

Libby’s grandfather told 24-Hour News 8 they are looking at four locations in or around Delphi, including just east of town off of Main Street."
http://wishtv.com/2017/05/19/hundreds-attend-benefit-concert-for-delphi-teens-found-murdered/

Something new to think about. Four locations, people associated to those locations.....?

"Investigators received thousands of tips and interviewed hundreds of people in the case, but have yet to identify the suspect.

“I think the focus is now to just keep people remembering that we still need tips and still need to keep it fresh in their minds,” said Foster.

Libby’s grandfather told 24-Hour News 8 they are looking at four locations in or around Delphi, including just east of town off of Main Street."
http://wishtv.com/2017/05/19/hundreds-attend-benefit-concert-for-delphi-teens-found-murdered/

Was he referring to where the ball field would be built?[emoji4]

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

I think the clip they released is likely the only moment when his voice was the only sound. Which would be why the beginning of it is the end of a clipped word before "down".
There could be other threatening statements that indicate weapon, injury, etc. I can see why it would compromise the investigation and be upsetting.

I had seen jibber jabber on the FB pages that the families don't have any more info than the public, but nothing official from MSM or LE .Such private sleuthing, though, is not for discussion here per TOS.

In general, families are allowed access to evidence to the extent that it is helpful to the investigation. For example, if LE had a voice recording and could not determine if it was a victim, the victim's family may be asked to identify their daughter's voice. LE can often do this themselves by comparing to a sample. Once a suspect is in custody, the victim's family may be given more information. But they don't have a strict "right" to information either.

In my experience, LE always gives the victim's family a heads up before anything is released to the public. A good and community-minded LE would personally go over what is going to be released with the family first. No one wants to shock or upset an already grieving family. You hear stories about families being blindsided by a release but IMO that's often a leak through a journalist, or an LEO not following best practices.

Was he referring to where the ball field would be built?[emoji4]

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

Oh gosh, you're probably right. I've gotten into the habit of thinking absolutely everything released by the media may contain clues.

My apologies.

For all we really know, family could have been who found the recording on the Cloud? Maybe they even brought it to LE's attention. That would be beyond awful to find that.

Omgosh, I didn't even think about that possibility! I hope to God that's not what happened...

In general, families are allowed access to evidence to the extent that it is helpful to the investigation. For example, if LE had a voice recording and could not determine if it was a victim, the victim's family may be asked to identify their daughter's voice. LE can often do this themselves by comparing to a sample. Once a suspect is in custody, the victim's family may be given more information. But they don't have a strict "right" to information either.

In my experience, LE always gives the victim's family a heads up before anything is released to the public. A good and community-minded LE would personally go over what is going to be released with the family first. No one wants to shock or upset an already grieving family. You hear stories about families being blindsided by a release but IMO that's often a leak through a journalist, or an LEO not following best practices.

Thank you for the explanation. That makes perfect sense!

Thanks for your insight. I'd think this is especially true when the victims are minors. Aside from a totally random perpetrator, the families know everyone the girls were associated with and therefore investigators can be assisted by their great wealth of personal knowledge.

<modsnip>

Hey guys, I have a generic question about geocaching, it's not related to this case.

Today I was at a park in the middle of town. It's a cute little park with lots of grass and swings. I was walking my dog in this small park and I found a flat rock hidden behind a tree. It was laying fairly visible in mulch. I crawled back to pick it up because it was so colorful. On top of the rock was a printed map of the area. It was either glued or shellacked (sp?) to the top as it was very smooth. On the back of the rock were four capital letters: RRFB

Is that a geocache discovery? I guess I don't know what a geocache discovery is.

Correcting the quote -

From the video, immediately after that comment.

Q: Does it ever seem like you're chasing a phantom?

Sheriff Leazenby: I can easily see why someone might develop that attitude and thought.

But then the conversation is cut. Reporter then adds the Sheriff says "it's no cold case".
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

The other "Phantom" connection is the ABC video containing a photo of the overlaid image of a shadowy, ghostly looking BG. I'm sure most if you remember what I'm referring to. It was aired when BG officially was named a suspect.

Thanks, MistyWaters. I was referring to what Sheriff Leazenby said, but I couldn't remember who from LE made the comment. I knew I'd read it somewhere.
~RIP Meagan.....

JMO....
I have thought this from the beginning. That snippet could be the only part of the recording without any audio of the girls in it. And by "audio" I'm gently referring to any sounds, not just words.
JMO.

Hey guys, I have a generic question about geocaching, it's not related to this case.

Today I was at a park in the middle of town. It's a cute little park with lots of grass and swings. I was walking my dog in this small park and I found a flat rock hidden behind a tree. It was laying fairly visible in mulch. I crawled back to pick it up because it was so colorful. On top of the rock was a printed map of the area. It was either glued or shellacked (sp?) to the top as it was very smooth. On the back of the rock were four capital letters: RRFB

Is that a geocache discovery? I guess I don't know what a geocache discovery is.
Last year I was walking the dogs on our normal walk thru spme woods near a cliff path and noticed something stuffed into the hollow top of an old broken gate post covered in ivy. It was a black draw string bag about A4 size with some treasures in it.

It was a geocache that I had found by default and I had never heard of them before. There is a pencil and paper in there to record your visit. You can take one treasure if you leave something in return. I walk past it now everyday and have also looked them up on the net.

Your find sounds like it may have been a waymarker of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member