IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a generic question about geocaching, it's not related to this case.

Today I was at a park in the middle of town. It's a cute little park with lots of grass and swings. I was walking my dog in this small park and I found a flat rock hidden behind a tree. It was laying fairly visible in mulch. I crawled back to pick it up because it was so colorful. On top of the rock was a printed map of the area. It was either glued or shellacked (sp?) to the top as it was very smooth. On the back of the rock were four capital letters: RRFB

Is that a geocache discovery? I guess I don't know what a geocache discovery is.

It could be Facebook related. Our craft class teacher was talking about this last week.

People design rocks and put them where they can be found easily. The finder takes a selfie with it and puts it up on FB. I wasn't fully listening so there could be more to this that I didn't hear.

This case has got me really thinking today and exploring my mobile phone. It is news to me but may not be news to others. I have a mobile phone that allows me to use it in emergency mode and send pictures to my emergency contacts. It takes pictures from the front and back and automatically lets my emergency contacts know I am in trouble and see pictures I have taken.

All I have to do is press is keep my figure on the button. Is it possible Libby had this activated on her phone. My phone is a Samsung and I have only found the functionality of this today so don’t know the full details. I guess the question I am asking is do you think she had this emergency function set up and used it.

KR
R

If she did have that function and did try to use it, it malfunctioned because no one thought they were in danger during the intial search.

This case has got me really thinking today and exploring my mobile phone. It is news to me but may not be news to others. I have a mobile phone that allows me to use it in emergency mode and send pictures to my emergency contacts. It takes pictures from the front and back and automatically lets my emergency contacts know I am in trouble and see pictures I have taken.

All I have to do is press is keep my figure on the button. Is it possible Libby had this activated on her phone. My phone is a Samsung and I have only found the functionality of this today so don’t know the full details. I guess the question I am asking is do you think she had this emergency function set up and used it.

KR
R

Hey guys, I have a generic question about geocaching, it's not related to this case.

Today I was at a park in the middle of town. It's a cute little park with lots of grass and swings. I was walking my dog in this small park and I found a flat rock hidden behind a tree. It was laying fairly visible in mulch. I crawled back to pick it up because it was so colorful. On top of the rock was a printed map of the area. It was either glued or shellacked (sp?) to the top as it was very smooth. On the back of the rock were four capital letters: RRFB

Is that a geocache discovery? I guess I don't know what a geocache discovery is.

I was sleuthing Geocaching websites just last night! I don't know a ton about it as I haven't done it myself, but yes it sounds like that is what you found. BTW, there is some interesting reading on the geocaching website. :) If you do a search there seems to be one main site.

It could be Facebook related. Our craft class teacher was talking about this last week.

People design rocks and put them where they can be found easily. The finder takes a selfie with it and puts it up on FB. I wasn't fully listening so there could be more to this that I didn't hear.

Or maybe that's what it was. I got overly excited about it possibly being a Geocache thingy lol.. But there are many Geocaches in Delphi and one of them is literally under the Monon bridge. :)

If she did have that function and did try to use it, it malfunctioned because no one thought they were in danger during the intial search.

Fair comment but personally and I haven't even set it up on mine the possibility is it would go to all my contacts and they would probably think what an earth am I playing at and think R what an earth are you playing at. As I said it was just a suggestion nothing more.

KR

Fair comment but personally and I haven't even set it up on mine the possibility is it would go to all my contacts and they would probably think what an earth am I playing at and think R what an earth are you playing at. As I said it was just a suggestion nothing more.

KR

And an excellent comment at that. I was not aware of those functions until fairly recently when someone posted about using the feature. It's an awesome function. I am only surmising if she did have it, that her family and LE would have known because they were searching early on and trying to ping her phone.

I hope every parent whose kids use phones teaches them how to use the feature.

Or maybe that's what it was. I got overly excited about it possibly being a Geocache thingy lol.. But there are many Geocaches in Delphi and one of them is literally under the Monon bridge. :)

FYI...
I don't think you're aware of this, but that particular cache was discussed at length, the posts started to violate TOS and the subject of "geocaching" was banned from this thread. We all might want to avoid continued posts on this topic so as not to upset the mods and get the thread shut down again.

Peace!
~RIP Meagan.....

I was sleuthing Geocaching websites just last night! I don't know a ton about it as I haven't done it myself, but yes it sounds like that is what you found. BTW, there is some interesting reading on the geocaching website. :) If you do a search there seems to be one main site.

That wasn't GC. GCs are in containers, not laying around in the open. They can be in a box, bag, carton, etc. Think "treasure chest." My family loves it.

FYI...
I don't think you're aware of this, but that particular cache was discussed at length, the posts started to violate TOS and the subject of "geocaching" was banned from this thread. We all might want to avoid continued posts on this topic so as not to upset the mods and get the thread shut down again.

Peace!
~RIP Meagan.....
I agree and will second this statement, but due to keydrag I might be thirding

Last year I was walking the dogs on our normal walk thru spme woods near a cliff path and noticed something stuffed into the hollow top of an old broken gate post covered in ivy. It was a black draw string bag about A4 size with some treasures in it.

It was a geocache that I had found by default and I had never heard of them before. There is a pencil and paper in there to record your visit. You can take one treasure if you leave something in return. I walk past it now everyday and have also looked them up on the net.

Your find sounds like it may have been a waymarker of some kind.

Thank you! So do geocache finds usually come in a bag or something to store them in?

I bet that's it! The rock was so cute. I couldn't resist but look.

Thanks for your insight. I'd think this is especially true when the victims are minors. Aside from a totally random perpetrator, the families know everyone the girls were associated with and therefore investigators can be assisted by their great wealth of personal knowledge.

<modsnip>

At the initial briefing I thought it had been pronounced by MP that the families were aware of the full recording. Also I applaud the families for remaining true to LE. Excellent point!

And yes, I'm aware that 'cache talk is off-limits. I was here for the original thread. That's why I stated it was a 'generic' question and not related to the case at all. Plus the thread has slowed greatly and I knew a generic question would not step on any toes.

Carry on!

I'm sure some of it makes for an interesting study by a psychology student.

What humors me the most about SM, is that they are always saying LE reads these posts. Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! So do geocache finds usually come in a bag or something to store them in?
Yes . However others are saying we can't discuss geocaches perhaps mods can advise hopefully? Don't inadvertently want to be in trouble just for answering your question.

And yes, I'm aware that 'cache talk is off-limits. I was here for the original thread. That's why I stated it was a 'generic' question and not related to the case at all. Plus the thread has slowed greatly and I knew a generic question would not step on any toes.

Carry on!

Just making sure the newer posters to this thread knew too. Hoping to avoid a shut down.

Peace,
~RIP Meagan....

What humors me the most about SM, is that they are always saying LE reads these posts. Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO that if anything raises the eyebrows here it is forwarded to LE...just saying....

Does anyone know if drones were used the first night Libby and Abby went missing? Here are a few stories and how drones were used to find missing people JMO http://globalnews.ca/news/2601141/h...h-for-chase-martens-and-other-missing-people/
Are we allowed to talk about drones ? just checking :)-(
If we are, I read that drones were used in the search but don't know if it was on the 13th or 14th.
There is an article under heavy.com news site dated 14th Feb which states a drone was used in the search if someone can link it or it can be googled "abby and libby drone search". Sorry I can't do links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro