IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a generic question about geocaching, it's not related to this case.

Today I was at a park in the middle of town. It's a cute little park with lots of grass and swings. I was walking my dog in this small park and I found a flat rock hidden behind a tree. It was laying fairly visible in mulch. I crawled back to pick it up because it was so colorful. On top of the rock was a printed map of the area. It was either glued or shellacked (sp?) to the top as it was very smooth. On the back of the rock were four capital letters: RRFB

Is that a geocache discovery? I guess I don't know what a geocache discovery is.

Kids in my neck of the woods are painting colorful rocks and hiding them so that other children can find them. Then they take them and hide them again, sometimes in a different town. Just a fun thing.

Pretty certain we are discussing the same one. My fault for not digging back. Helicopters were used I think.
[My error on duplication is due to sluggish response, missing keystrokes, continual buffering, making it near to impossible to communicate. Anyone else having a problem?]

yes , Yes, YES!!! sometines it helps if you click on "go to advanced reply". It seems to open a separate reply box that is not bogged down w ads, pics loading etc. Doesnt always work but sometimes will .

I'd like to know the reason Delphi's Property Crime statistics are so high and if it's an accurate reflection it's not what I'd define as a safe place even prior to the double homicides. Delphi's property crime rate is even higher than is US average. In the area that I live property crime has also sharply escalated in the recent past and its a direct result of the increase use of street drugs. If this is the situation in Delphi, quite a small community where people generally know each other, yet such a high rate of property crime, something is going on. MOO

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/in/delphi/crime

You see the same thing here in northern New England: drugs. Community maps usually have the property crime localized to lower income areas as well. Not sophisticated criminals, but desperate sick people. JMO of course.

Just FYI, I'm a new registered user who has never heard the term, don't want to violate any rule, be given time-out...so probably helpful to others who haven't been aware of this to give friendly heads up....

Does anyone know if the electronic billboards are still up for Abby & Libby??

Closing this thread for the evening. We'll generate a fresh new thread tomorrow morning.

Lots of breaking news in other areas. Check those out while this one is closed.

Who created the drone footage days prior, does anyone know? I am going to say a prayer tonight that something will bust open with this case Tomorrow!!! Gd night All.

[video=youtube;y0MNncO9lLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MNncO9lLs[/video]
An interesting fact: The drone pilot(s) can be seen on the bridge controlling the drone and on the shore of the creek as he(they) is filming the drone as it lands. This means there is good access to the creek...carrying drone.
This was probably filmed on the 10th as it snowed on the 9th.
You can see the publisher of the footage on youtube. He has numerous videos.

New to this thread but not to Websleuths – thought I’d theorize along with the rest of you. I come from the point of view that this horrible double murder was likely not a chance meeting; rather, the murderer knew in advance where the girls were headed on that fateful day. How so? I’d speculate he either overheard something or more likely, he was prowling teenagers (perhaps even posing as one himself) online and discovered what the girls had planned. I would further speculate that LE has been deeply immersed in analytical computer forensics looking for commonality between and within the two girls’ smartphones and any and all home computers. The commonality may be something linked to a suspicious IP Address that requires vetting and probably a Court Order. Let’s hope for justice to be served soon.

Just FYI, I'm a new registered user who has never heard the term, don't want to violate any rule, be given time-out...so probably helpful to others who haven't been aware of this to give friendly heads up....
Welcome M.Kay I'm not sure to what term you are referring. If you "reply with quote" it can help OP understand and then hopefully one of us can answer.

There is an article under heavy.com news site dated 14th Feb which states a drone was used in the search if someone can link it or it can be googled "abby and libby drone search". Sorry I can't do links.

Just reposting my snipped post re the drone search mentioned on news site www.heavy.com FYI

New to this thread but not to Websleuths – thought I’d theorize along with the rest of you. I come from the point of view that this horrible double murder was likely not a chance meeting; rather, the murderer knew in advance where the girls were headed on that fateful day. How so? I’d speculate he either overheard something or more likely, he was prowling teenagers (perhaps even posing as one himself) online and discovered what the girls had planned. I would further speculate that LE has been deeply immersed in analytical computer forensics looking for commonality between and within the two girls’ smartphones and any and all home computers. The commonality may be something linked to a suspicious IP Address that requires vetting and probably a Court Order. Let’s hope for justice to be served soon.

Good insights! Welcome to the thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome M.Kay I'm not sure to what term you are referring. If you "reply with quote" it can help OP understand and then hopefully one of us can answer.

Thank you, S.
Still learning how to participate. Next time I will know to reply with the quote I'm referring to. In this case it was that we're not to explore "geocache" with regard to this crime on this blog. Since originally addressed quite a way back now, I'll just send the word with quote marks.

Thank you, S.
Still learning how to participate. Next time I will know to reply with the quote I'm referring to. In this case it was that we're not to explore "geocache" with regard to this crime on this blog. Since originally addressed quite a way back now, I'll just send the word with quote marks.

GC initials would be fine but people were sleuthing the participants and cache owners so we are not exploring that excellent track, however enjoy your own sleuthing!

ETA: Don't worry so much!

Thank you to the posters explaining the painted rocks. My town has started doing that now it seems. You paint a colorful rock and hide it somewhere. I walked my dog in the park again today and a little girl asked me if I wanted to see all of the rocks she found. So cute!

(Don't have a :tantrum:, this is not 'cache talk. )

When she showed me her rocks, I told her about the rock I found yesterday under a tree. As she followed me to go find it, I suddenly felt very weird. Her older sister wasn't watching her and here she was walking off to the other side of the park with me. So I went to get her sister and we all walked to the tree. Granted I have a cute little white dog, but it just hit me how easy it is to get children to follow you. Scary!

Thank you to the posters explaining the painted rocks. My town has started doing that now it seems. You paint a colorful rock and hide it somewhere. I walked my dog in the park again today and a little girl asked me if I wanted to see all of the rocks she found. So cute!

(Don't have a :tantrum:, this is not 'cache talk. )

When she showed me her rocks, I told her about the rock I found yesterday under a tree. As she followed me to go find it, I suddenly felt very weird. Her older sister wasn't watching her and here she was walking off to the other side of the park with me. So I went to get her sister and we all walked to the tree. Granted I have a cute little white dog, but it just hit me how easy it is to get children to follow you. Scary!

BBM - totally different scenario, :) Children and pretty rocks :happydance: -

GC. ummm, - :notgood:

ETA: That was good thinking on your part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads