IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of organized crime, it might sound rather radical but I'm going to share as best that I can a firsthand account that I read somewhere. It keeps coming back to me. I've forgotten some of the details but reading it entirely changed my perception of gangs.

It was written by someone presently in jail. His story began when he became involved in drugs, without really realizing the direction his life was to take. Because he couldn't always pay for his addiction he began to commit petty crimes in exchange for drugs. As time when by the "tasks" he was expected to complete became deeper and darker, about the same time he decided he wanted out. He had a wife and children and he claimed then he was threatened with their lives if he didn't continue to cooperate. There was no walking away. At that point he seriously considered suicide to free himself but then there'd be no one to provide for his family. As time went on he got deeper and deeper into drugs in order to numb his conscience and he continued to do whatever the gang leaders instructed him to do without question until eventually he justified it as a means to keep his family safe and alive. At some point in time he was finally arrested and to him it was a relief because he was able to begin to break free.

I'm not recounting his story nearly as well as he did because his emotional struggle and turmoil was so very clearly articulated. But it left me with a different viewpoint of organized crime, learning that the control they keep over their members is not always voluntary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a rural area, too, so many in local LE, jail guards, courts, government, etc., are related. Lots of corruption in rural Indiana counties, from what I gather (I moved here in '15), and thus an incentive to keep the lucrative drug trade going.

JMO

Just curious since it's been stated several times that the girls often walked the trails in that area has anyone come across any other pictures of either Libby or Abby at the Monon High Bridge? I know there is one pic of Abby fishing but I think from memory we were unable to determine if she was at Deer Creek or the Wabash River.

Just curious since it's been stated several times that the girls often walked the trails in that area has anyone come across any other pictures of either Libby or Abby at the Monon High Bridge? I know there is one pic of Abby fishing but I think from memory we were unable to determine if she was at Deer Creek or the Wabash River.

It was determined to be Wabash.

This is a rural area, too, so many in local LE, jail guards, courts, government, etc., are related. Lots of corruption in rural Indiana counties, from what I gather (I moved here in '15), and thus an incentive to keep the lucrative drug trade going.

JMO

O/T but your description sounds like the storyline of the tv series Bates Motel.
I've often wondered about who may be keeping something quiet.

Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted in July, school would have been out for summer vacation for awhile by then. However the dates of the crimes are freakishly mirrored.

Iowa: 7-13-12 Delphi: 2-13-17 Let that soak in a minute..

That got to me, I have read quite a lot about SKs and many are ritualistic- often play on numbers that have meaning to them. I would be surprised if there is not a connection to the IA girls. It would be an eerie coincidence- which does happen but pretty rare.

I always think because I live in a "four seasons" area, that waking up and looking out the window is like seeing a new painting each day, since the scene changes with the sunlight, the weather and earth's rotation. I love that time of year when the leaves are down and you can see foreground and background. Then, it leafs out and flowers pop out. Don't get me started on autumn and black bears in gold maples! Then, the pureness of snow, with snowflakes and icicles and little tracks! BG can see background and foreground because he is a stalker. You and I might see a beautiful panorama. I can see the beauty here and BG doesn't see it.
This is such a beautiful and poignant post. Thank you for making it.

The only significant item is that Indiana is going to adopt the procedure whereby dna is taken on arrest for any felony and it is being brought forward from 2018 to 1 July 2017. It is thought it could help this case. Hopefully someone else will post the link.
Yes, I saw this, thanks.

Oh yeah and I forgot, we debated leaves and pristine for 24 hours.

Just wait another week or 2 and we'll be debating on the word "the" and how it is used in every day language.

:gaah:

Hey, at least we're keeping the thread alive..and that's a good thing.

:peace:

According to this link, at one time Abby's mom has a photo of the bridge on her Facebook page. Given the trails were said to be popular with locals, I'd expect both girls were also familiar with the bridge.

"......But Mrs Williams first posted the photograph in September 2012 and discussed with friends on Facebook how pretty the historic bridge was, although it was “a bit of hike back” home."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...m/news-story/e9a91eebc06a5730b92026d6e26a6f75

Just wait another week or 2 and we'll be debating on the word "the" and how it is used in every day language.

Well, it depends on what your definition of "is" is... :laughing:

Yes, I saw this, thanks.

:gaah:

Hey, at least we're keeping the thread alive..and that's a good thing.

:peace:

It sure beats debating the definition of "killed". I'd prefer "the" over "that".

That got to me, I have read quite a lot about SKs and many are ritualistic- often play on numbers that have meaning to them. I would be surprised if there is not a connection to the IA girls. It would be an eerie coincidence- which does happen but pretty rare.

Agree completely. What a find.

.....Snipped by me
Almost died, reading that.

I'm just sitting back eating my rum cake and drinking my rum watching the tumbleweeds go by.

Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted in July, school would have been out for summer vacation for awhile by then. However the dates of the crimes are freakishly mirrored.

Iowa: 7-13-12 Delphi: 2-13-17 Let that soak in a minute..

I had to bold it BoggLed because it is way too eerie!!

RL's life was turned upside down much because of his own actions. he violated every part of this probation, which caused his arrest, and it sounds like he may not have been truthful during LE's investigation of a double homicide. he also stopped cooperating with police. he did a bit of digging his own grave. at some point people are responsible for their own actions. to me RL has made some very poor choices, and now he is paying the price. he can't blame anyone else but himself.

Yup, he broke the law and should pay for his own crimes...NOT for the crimes of some deranged lunatic that murdered these 2 girls. It's horrific what people are saying about him (RL) on SM.

Shameful! :facepalm:

I know these dates have an eery relationship (where the Iowa girls and the Delphi girls murders have dates of death that are the same if you reverse the Iowa girls' murders to the Delphi, Indiana girls' murders: 07-13-12 in Iowa and 02-13-17 for the Delphi girls' murders).

If these two separate murders of young girls are related to the same killer, and there is no coincidence in the dates, then there is an extremely disturbed individual out there, who is also controlled in his behavior and maybe OCD.

To be honest, though, while that aspect is important, and should be examined, it could be nothing more than coincidence.

To be sure, though, it might be helpful, at least in the deafening silence of this investigation, for those online to look at the dates and see any patterns with other crimes in between. Five years is a long time for a killer like this to be quiet.

I have no idea about probabilities. I'm horrible with numbers .but anyways this bizzare coincidence is one of the reasons I think the cases are probably connected. Somewhere many threads back, Otto compiled a list of all the similarities. I will try to dig it up

I found Otto's list that another WS member reposted, but I don't know how to bring it forward. It's on this page:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-50/page24

Here's the link to the most recent Elizabeth and Lyric thread #38.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?338009-IA-Elizabeth-Collins-8-amp-Lyric-Cook-10-Evansdale-13-July-2012-38/page2

It sure beats debating the definition of "killed". I'd prefer "the" over "that".
IIRC the debate was killed vs died. The killed dictionary definition was stated by a poster as fact. But I'm not going there again. I think it marginally beat the "pristine" debate IMO always of course. I'd prefer 'this' to 'that' BTW if we do get a choice ( :)

Admin Note

Regarding those of you referencing that you can't access Thread #52 - That thread veered off into the ditches big time. It is filled with rumors, bickering and had to be pulled to a private area until mods have time to clean it up. We simply have been very busy with other time-sensitive cases, trials, emails, PMs, etc. Promise to TRY to get it cleaned up and back out within the next couple of days.

Rarely are they bad enough that we have to pull them but when you get a message denying you access, that is what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper