IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall it mentioned RLs house is just over 1/2 mile from the discovery site. That would be quite a distance for his little house dog to alert to, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is definitely a ways from where they were found. Thank you. I didn't know how far apart they were.

JMO but if they knew this man why wouldn't they have said his name on the audio. Why even video him unless he was STRANGE to them?

Although we don't really know what's on the video or how much video is left, I'm going to agree with you. Something spooked her to start the video and not turn it off.

I suppose one could say if they new this person and it was an antagonistic relationship she turned it on for that reason. But I just don't get that for some reason.

JMO but if they knew this man why wouldn't they have said his name on the audio. Why even video him unless he was STRANGE to them?
That's an excellent point. It's been brought up before that perhaps they knew him from seeing him around and he had a reputation for being odd, so they took video and wanted to show friends later how they ran into creepy so-and-so on the bridge. I personally doubt that scenario, however, and lean heavily toward him being a stranger to the girls. All MHO.

That is definitely a ways from where they were found. Thank you. I didn't know how far apart they were.

Also why "searching" RL property could have happened when asked. By legitimate searchers there to help find the girls. It makes sense they would have searched around the trail and bridge and not further up on his property.

I have two lines of thought here.

1) Libby was already videoing and caught the suspect by accident on film.

2) She felt something was odd or scary about this individual and turned on her phone's video.

From what we have heard from the investigators, they have described the situation as the latter.

I agree with both.

LE knows what else IF anything is on that video. She may have placed her phone in her pocket with the video still on or something like that and that is why LE believe your second line of thought or perhaps something else that was said.

ETA - The only thing as far as knowing someone I haven't ruled out is perhaps the perp was known to the family some how but not the girls. And I'm only basing that off the fact that one of the moms had a pic of the bridge as her profile pic years ago. Coincidence absolutely, strange still.

I have two lines of thought here.

1) Libby was already videoing and caught the suspect by accident on film.

2) She felt something was odd or scary about this individual and turned on her phone's video.

From what we have heard from the investigators, they have described the situation as the latter.

I agree. I think if either girl knew him personally, there would have been a greeting of some sort.

Maybe they were around his property for nefarious reasons and wanted to cloak their presence under pretense of "searching" by having requested permission of him? MOO.

Hmmm and if this person's fingerprints, shoe prints etc are found where there maybe other evidence found well they can say "yes you found my prints there because I "searched" in that area" Or heaven forbid was planting evidence on RL's property. JMO

Well what if they say something like
oMG here he comes and looks mad.

They could have said he.....

He could have told them to keep their mouths shut.
They may not have said anything.
Jmo

Hmmm and if this person's fingerprints, show prints etc are found where there maybe other evidence found well they can say "yes you found my prints there because I "searched" in that area" Or heaven forbid was planting evidence on RL's property. JMO
Or hiding.

Jmo!
They don't have evidence.
Just a very bad photo.

I don't know why LE would say they collected a "significant" amount of evidence, or why the lead prosecutor robert ives would say they were still waiting of forensic testing results if they have zero evidence.

I don't know why LE would say they collected a "significant" amount of evidence, or why the lead prosecutor robert ives would say they were still waiting of forensic testing results if they have zero evidence.
They could have collected a lot of evidence that turned out to not be evidence at all.

They have enough evidence to know it wasn't a twenty something young adult impersonating a conservation officer. They have fresh bodies to reveal cause of death, instead of six month old skeletal remains. This evidence alone is significant. There are numerous case studies for comparison. They can identify the amount of struggle, and possibly what took place. Motive can only be theorized, but so many clues (evidence) that LE has a good amount of insight with the audio recording. JMO.

Eileen,

Can you share with us why you believe that the two girls knew BG? TIA

I wish I could but I won't.
Hope they do arrest someone soon but I don't think this will be solved.

Hmmm and if this person's fingerprints, shoe prints etc are found where there maybe other evidence found well they can say "yes you found my prints there because I "searched" in that area" Or heaven forbid was planting evidence on RL's property. JMO

That is true. For that same reason generally searchers search in teams, so they witness each other's activities. It's entirely possible one person might have volunteered to go door to door advising landowners to seek permission from property owners along the road, while the search team (fire dept) was moving along the river bank. We don't know if the person who knocked on his door at 6:30pm was also involved in the actual search. When RL gave the information about being asked, it's important to remember that his answer was in response to a question asked of him about how he learned of the disappearance of the girls. It wasn't a discussion of what sort of search took place on his property, where, who or what so all we can do is speculate.

That is true. For that same reason generally searchers search in teams, so they witness each other's activities. It's entirely possible one person might have volunteered to go door to door advising landowners to seek permission from property owners along the road, while the search team (fire dept) was moving along the river bank. We don't know if the person who knocked on his door at 6:30pm was also involved in the actual search. When RL gave the information about being asked, it's important to remember that his answer was in response to a question asked of him about how he learned of the disappearance of the girls. It wasn't a discussion of what sort of search took place on his property, where, who or what so all we can do is speculate.

Add to that they probably did cross onto his property in some areas. I think just because RL doesn't know exactly where they searched doesn't mean they didn't search some parts of his property.

I have a few acres. I'd never know if anyone walked the back 1/2 acre as its wooded. Honestly other than my dogs barking I probably wouldn't know unless they got about 300 ish feet from my house.

Note I live on heavy wooded acreage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member