DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truck stops from Lafayette to Logansport:

a92f559db58ebbefcebfa2b7d57218aa.jpg

Search terms truck stops Delphi Indiana

I just want to repeat, if you share information that is NOT confirmed by law enforcement or MSM, don't bring it into the discussion. We can't afford to have rumors mixed up with what we know are the facts. This is CRUCIAL to keeping the sleuthing on track. I've seen all kinds of false info given out on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook. We don't need to help spread rumors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Hoosier Hwy the same as 24? Anyway, someone mentioned Gallahan's Truck Stop in a previous thread. This is in Peru, IN, between Delphi and Wabash....

There is a section of it that runs with 24 in that area around Logansport etc.... so yes, it would be a cinch to hop on the hoosier heartland hwy and get to peru and any of those towns along there. And like someone previously mentioned, it's not very busy at all. It's pretty desolate actually as it's a fairly new road. Mostly farmland surrounding it.

:tyou::welcome6:

:welcome6:
I think he has his mouth in his shirt in the frame with foot up. It's a brown tshirt. He is anticipating. Getting excited and reassuring himself. Imo

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

source: wlfi.com

Curious to know what they mean by 'perfecting'. What is it? A profile? A better image? A more detailed timeline? Better yet...a PC/Warrant?

I don't know but I sure can't wait to see what this presser is going to release. It would be great if it was the bombshell arrest we have all been waiting for.

I just want to repeat, if you share information that is NOT confirmed by law enforcement or MSM, don't bring it into the discussion. We can't afford to have rumors mixed up with what we know are the facts. This is CRUCIAL to keeping the sleuthing on track. I've seen all kinds of false info given out on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook. We don't need to help spread rumors!

folks have moved past boogeyman in trees and now into criminal minds profiling Lol...I really hope tomorrow brings more info.

Possibly zip ties in his shirt for restraints. A long zip tie folded over could look like grocery bag handle.

folks have moved past boogeyman in trees and now into criminal minds profiling Lol...I really hope tomorrow brings more info.

I do too. It's easy to get caught up in it all and start believing things we can't confirm as true, I get that. We all want justice for these girls, but sharing rumors or false info does nothing but hurt the case! I think tomorrow will be a new day and give us some hope. Everyone hang in there.

I think it's another story telling..not factual

it was her thoughts, I looked for the imo, But yeah that's me the story teller not sure if I'm supposed to take offense to that

I predict they will name the bad guy tomorrow. I don't think he is homeless or a drifter. I do think his current location is unknown.

it was her thoughts, I looked for the imo, But yeah that's me the story teller not sure if I'm supposed to take offense to that

Don't take offense. I misread your comment. The way it was worded made it seem like it was a true statement, not speculation. Wording can be tricky online.

The one thing that I find odd with these 2 photos of the guy on the bridge is the time gap.
One pic has him appearing with his hood down.
The other appears that he has his hood up.

Are these withing seconds or minutes of each other or longer. Maybe if they can show him putting his hood up
that could help identify him just as much as the gait of his walk. Some people 'flip' their hoods,
some 'pull and tuck around their face, etc etc.
But if he crossed the path of the camera at two different times this could explain the hood up/down.

Just my $.02

I don't remember hearing these things, so I'm not sure if they were never said or if I forgot. :blushing: I'm mainly wondering about the person/people who went to pick them up.

I know they were supposed to be picked up at 3:00 or 3:30, has it ever been said when their ride did get there?

When their ride didn't see them and started looking around for them, was there anyone around to help search (before calls were made for help)? If so, who?

Has it been said who went to pick them up?

TIA
Confusion;I hope this answers your questions on the search.

Around 5:30 p.m. Monday, officers responded to reports of two missing girls.
Police say the girls were supposed to be picked up by family members at a predetermined time, but when family arrived the girls were not there.
Family and friends immediately began to search for Liberty German and Abigail Williams in the nearby area. Police say they were last seen shortly after 1 p.m. near an abandoned railroad bridge known as “Monon High Bridge” just east of Delphi.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/14/carroll-county-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-teenagers/

Timeline credited to CBS4Indy.com:
<snip for space>
Here&#8217;s a timeline of the case as it has developed so far:
Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.
5:30 p.m. The girls fail to show up at a predetermined location to be picked up by a family member. They&#8217;re reported missing.
Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.
12 a.m. Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017
Tuesday morning: The search resumes in the morning with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.
Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.
2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that &#8220;foul play&#8221; is suspected in connection with the case.
4 p.m. Delphi Community Schools Superintendent Gregory Briles releases a statement saying that the bodies found in the afternoon are those of two &#8220;missing Delphi Community Middle School students&#8221; despite no confirmation from police.
Briles says grief counselors will be made available to students and staff. Briles later says school security will be stepped up. All after school activities at Delphi Community Middle School are canceled for the remainder of the week.
7 p.m. The Delphi United Methodist Church opens for a vigil.
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017
8 a.m. Autopsies are conducted in Terre Haute on the bodies discovered during Tuesday&#8217;s search. Local authorities convene a meeting after the autopsies are complete.
10 a.m. Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police provides a brief update on the investigation. He says the autopsies are complete but declines to confirm the identities or discuss a suspect or person of interest in the case. He says police have received &#8220;hundreds of tips&#8221; from the community.
Riley advises parents to keep a close eye on their children and monitor their whereabouts.
3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff&#8217;s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide.
They say they don&#8217;t believe there&#8217;s any immediate danger to the community.
7 p.m. Indiana State Police release a photo of a man reportedly walking on the trail around the time of the girls&#8217; disappearance. Police say they want to talk to the individual but stop short of calling him a suspect.
Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017
6 p.m. Police set up a tip line for anyone with information in the case to call: 844-459-5786. They say they&#8217;ve had upwards of 250 tips so far.
6:45 p.m. Funeral arrangements set for 14-year-old Liberty &#8220;Libby&#8221; German.
7:45 p.m. Indiana State Police serve a search warrant in connection with the case at a home in Delphi. No arrests were made.
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
4 p.m. A public visitation for the girls is held at Delphi Community High School.
Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017
12:30 p.m. Indiana State Police say the man photographed walking along trail around the time the girls disappearance & suspect in their deaths.
Link to get entire article
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/time...eenagers-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/
:cow:

I have the opposite impression of him. I think he's either a family guy or someone who could present himself as a family guy, someone who the girls would think is a trustworthy adult talking to them on the trail.jmopinion

Of course, that's a possibility, too! I have followed some true crime cases over the years. Gary Ridgway and BTK, before they were caught, were two cases that were early in web sleuthing (especially as both these serial killers were sending messages for attention to the media, rifled with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes). It turns out, these messages were from the real sickos and they both were producing some really cringe worthy and poor writing samples. They aren't that smart, maybe street smart, but not on any level comparable to the keen minds here.

Profiling and psychoanalyzing are something I enjoy. I like the research part. It's very difficult, this passion I have for true crime. I don't enjoy the gore and sometimes I freak myself out when I remember it's not just fact finding, it is life. So sad. Just a driving passion to want to help and maybe understand my life a little better. These were sweet little girls. So pretty, so precious. As a parent. Worst night mare. I am here to voice my opinion and to learn and find a way to help with my search for answers to maybe my own past. I understand the reality of being victimized as well, I'm pretty sure many others. The combined knowledge and experience, curiosity and the understanding of pain and loss on a very personal level.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Ok trying to catch up on this case. A few things may have already been discussed and analyzed thoroughly. But when I first look at the two pictures on the POI poster these are a few things I note.
1.) I don't think the top part of his pants are brown. I think that's actually another shirt under the jacket (possible brown button up for layering and warmth?) When his hand is in his pocket, a button up shirt would move forward allowing the hand to freely go into the pocket of the jeans which could make the pants look like there is a brown upper area to the pants when it's really just another shirt. More obvious in second pic of corrected poster. Make sense?
2.) He looks like he has on a hat that has been bent on the bill very sharply. Younger guys around here do it all the time. The hat looks possibly camo? Even with a tail on the back that covers the neck area. He appears to me to be a 18-30 year old. Overweight slightly.
3.) The jacket does not appear to be his size. The arms appear to be too long.
4.) I agree there is something under his jacket he's possibly hiding.
5.) The possible tail on the hat could actually be a hood to the shirt/jacket he is wearing under the blue jacket.
6.) The white area at the neck could either be yet another shirt that is light colored or the shirt/jacket under the blue jacket.
7.) He definitely appears to be trying to hide his identity and body shape/characteristics.

I wish there was a better shot of his shoes/boots. If boots- more of a hunter type in my opinion. If shoes/running shoes- more of a hiker.
Also would be an idea to compare the shoe length to the width of the wooden slats on the bridge. Much can be learned from that I bet. As in shoe size, possible height range etc.

Next, if many used this area as a hiking trail, a perp could also use this as a possible site of abduction/attack. I don't think this was actually very random. I think this person knows this area very well and often visits it. Family may be totally unaware that the perp visits this site often or at all. Maybe this was a place he would hang out in his younger years and has started revisiting it?
Was there any close calls in the years leading up to this? Maybe even twenty years back? LE would probably know of this potential lead. Maybe after many years have passed the perp decided after revisiting the area that it was still a local hangout spot with kids and started scouting out potential victims?
Just some thoughts opinions that I am thinking of as I catch up on this case. JMOO

source: wlfi.com

Curious to know what they mean by 'perfecting'. What is it? A profile? A better image? A more detailed timeline? Better yet...a PC/Warrant?

Well, steelman would say they are dropping hints at me and that they are coming after me, but I think your answers are pretty good guesses. Could they be releasing some type of profile? Do they release profiles to the public?

I really think it's too hard to tell if it's his hood, hat, hair, etc. I think the two pics are a step off of each other. I think either both have hood up or hat on or hood down, but the pixels and blurriness of the picture are making it very hard to tell.

The one thing that I find odd with these 2 photos of the guy on the bridge is the time gap.
One pic has him appearing with his hood down.
The other appears that he has his hood up.

Are these withing seconds or minutes of each other or longer. Maybe if they can show him putting his hood up
that could help identify him just as much as the gait of his walk. Some people 'flip' their hoods,
some 'pull and tuck around their face, etc etc.
But if he crossed the path of the camera at two different times this could explain the hood up/down.

Just my $.02

What they're most likely perfecting is the exact wording of the press release. They want to make sure they reveal enough but not too much, that everybody gets appropriate credit, that they don't imply more than the facts will support, that they don't inadvertently point to an innocent person, et cetera et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966