IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TeaTime, I just reread your post I was asking about, in reference to the white thing.

I apologize, its more clear that you were giving your opinion now that I'm rereading it. I think I've been thinking about this case too much, starting to make me go bonkers. Again, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing that I find odd with these 2 photos of the guy on the bridge is the time gap.
One pic has him appearing with his hood down.
The other appears that he has his hood up.

Are these withing seconds or minutes of each other or longer. Maybe if they can show him putting his hood up
that could help identify him just as much as the gait of his walk. Some people 'flip' their hoods,
some 'pull and tuck around their face, etc etc.
But if he crossed the path of the camera at two different times this could explain the hood up/down.

Just my $.02

Perhaps the in between shot was junk and LE thought it wouldn't be helpful. The two images we do have there is a tiny sliver of his face showing. Maybe the one between the two photos didn't show anything from his face so they thought it wasn't necessary to show. Jmo.

Hey. I'm new. I've been following this case closely. I have daughters around the age of the girls. I've seen a few comments about truckers and truckstops. My fiance is a trucker and there are so many truckstops and rest stops. The truckstops provide showers as well. I'm thinking it would be so easy for someone to just jump from stop to stop either hitchhiking or if they are a trucker. I use several apps to find nearby truck stops. I'm thinking one of those might be useful to some of you sleuthing. You'd be amazed the information you can gather. I'm not sure if its permitted but I can provide names of some if you would like. Also thanks for letting me join. Living in a rural area its easy to take for granted there are monsters out there. I hope an arrest comes soon.

I am in the random-yet-not camp. I think the perp has thought about such crimes, probably having attacked in the past (not so sure if he's murdered before or not, but it's a possibility). I think he fantasies and has scenarios in his head that he can carry out when the opportunity presents itself. And, I think he places himself where those fantasy opportunities are more likely to happen, like on a trail on a school holiday. If the opportunity doesn't happen, he just goes on with his life. If it does happen, he kicks into action acting out his fantasy.

After that I think he swings back and forth from elated to exhausted for awhile, then settles into a calm period....which then builds to another period of being ready for opportunities.

Yep, armchair analysis, worth what you paid for it.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

Hey. I'm new. I've been following this case closely. I have daughters around the age of the girls. I've seen a few comments about truckers and truckstops. My fiance is a trucker and there are so many truckstops and rest stops. The truckstops provide showers as well. I'm thinking it would be so easy for someone to just jump from stop to stop either hitchhiking or if they are a trucker. I use several apps to find nearby truck stops. I'm thinking one of those might be useful to some of you sleuthing. You'd be amazed the information you can gather. I'm not sure if its permitted but I can provide names of some if you would like. Also thanks for letting me join. Living in a rural area its easy to take for granted there are monsters out there. I hope an arrest comes soon.

I've thought this too! Truck drivers can be pretty clean looking if they choose to be. They have plenty of resources to stay hygienic. And that could easily explain why he hasn't been identified yet, he's always on the move.

I feel getting our hopes up over a vague statement about a press conference will be akin to Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he finally gets his Little Orphan Annie Secret decoder ring.

https://youtu.be/zdA__2tKoIU

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think so too, sadly. I think they put something together to appease the public demand for more info. If they really had anything new of significance, they could have called a press conference immediately at that time.
I hope I'm wrong. It'll be a hard watch ... I'm not a big fan of the they've way they worded things so far, Like calling this case, "Disturbing". That's just a shade more urgent than "Mildly interesting". There's a vicious killer in your backyard, calls for something stronger imo.

Not to mention the whole "No danger to the community at large" they came out with right after discovery. I wonder if they still be saying that now....

I've been out for several threads. Was there ever a consensus about the dog walker from Lafayette who was hiking w his dog on the trail during the search. I don't know if names are allowed..even tho he was interviewed on the news. Probably has nothing to do w it..but I was like wow..camo hat, out there for a hike even tho he knows the girls are being looked for, into hunting, hiking, fishing. From larger city but drives there regularly to use the trails w his dog. Plenty of FB pics w a boat. Just coincidence I'm sure, but kinda weird IMO. There are more little things. And LE was probably already all over it.

Hi and welcome Hillbilllycat! If by "names" you mean names of apps, yes you can share them. Just not people's names. :)

I would find the local truck stop names extremely useful. The app as well.

Thank-you!

[video=twitter;834231312420593669]https://twitter.com/WTHRcom/status/834231312420593669[/video]
WTHR.com ✔ @WTHRcom
As homicide investigation continues, group seeks cameras for Delphi trail.

"And now there's fear," said Mc Cain, who is part of Delphi Historic Trails and Wabash and Erie Canal Association. "There are people who are not sure about the safety on the trails and all. Mostly, we would counter that with go with friends, go with the group. Go with your dog."

McCain and the group that oversees the canal and trails is already working on a new idea to make safer the trail system around Delphi.

Along with a local bank, they're planning a fundraiser to buy a system of cameras for the 10 miles of trail. They could record incidents or provide real-time surveillance.

http://www.wthr.com/article/as-homicide-investigation-continues-group-seeks-cameras-for-delphi-trail

If its not allowed I'll delete. Trucker Path is one of the best apps. It shows every truckstop, rest area, truck washes, etc. Might want to look into it and see the available resources in that area.

I've been out for several threads. Was there ever a consensus about the dog walker from Lafayette who was hiking w his dog on the trail during the search. I don't know if names are allowed..even tho he was interviewed on the news. Probably has nothing to do w it..but I was like wow..camo hat, out there for a hike even tho he knows the girls are being looked for, into hunting, hiking, fishing. From larger city but drives there regularly to use the trails w his dog. Plenty of FB pics w a boat. Just coincidence I'm sure, but kinda weird IMO. There are more little things. And LE was probably already all over it.

Hi and welcome back! If LE has not named someone a suspect or POI we can't sleuth them beyond what was reported in an msm article. So we did not talk about him anymore.

[video=twitter;834232294625808385]https://twitter.com/LindseyEatoNews/status/834232294625808385[/video]Lindsey Eaton ✔ @LindseyEatoNews
Presser set for tomorrow @ 10 am. Investigators tell me new info will be released "unlike anything they've provided up until this point."

Such an odd phrase.:thinking:

I am in the random-yet-not camp. I think the perp has thought about such crimes, probably having attacked in the past (not so sure if he's murdered before or not, but it's a possibility). I think he fantasies and has scenarios in his head that he can carry out when the opportunity presents itself. And, I think he places himself where those fantasy opportunities are more likely to happen, like on a trail on a school holiday. If the opportunity doesn't happen, he just goes on with his life. If it does happen, he kicks into action acting out his fantasy.

After that I think he swings back and forth from elated to exhausted for awhile, then settles into a calm period....which then builds to another period of being ready for opportunities.

Yep, armchair analysis, worth what you paid for it.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

Hey Inthedetails,

Just one question- not to be adversarial, because I think this is a likely scenario, too, but what does he do in between? Is this type of guy employable? Is the type who would have a wife ignoring his extracurricular activities? Others chime in, too. Thank you!

[video=twitter;834232294625808385]https://twitter.com/LindseyEatoNews/status/834232294625808385[/video]Lindsey Eaton ✔ @LindseyEatoNews
Presser set for tomorrow @ 10 am. Investigators tell me new info will be released "unlike anything they've provided up until this point."

I am thinking it will be announcement of a reward??

An announcement of an arrest would be awesome, but my hopes are not high.

jmo

:eek:fftobed:

I'm going to get some sleep now, while nothing is happening...so I'll be refreshed to tackle tomorrow when nothing is happening...

:tyou:

I know we don't know where the photos of the perp came from, other than a video, but thought I would mention that Master Gardener's in our area will put up cameras to monitor native plants, and the wildlife in the area. There's people that monitor the birds to report to wherever they report the sightings of birds. Landowners of course can put up trail cams to see if wildlife is moving about, and as a cheap security cam if they suspect trespassers are hunting or coming onto their property. Then people that TNR feral cats will put them up to monitor a colony, or get a clearer idea of how many cats are in an area to trap. I wouldn't be surprised that there are camera's on that trail due to the bridge and possibility of people committing suicide from jumping from it. It just looks dangerous, IMO, and could possibly be a legal issue if someone were to accidentally fall off it. Wildlife/game wardens will set up cameras to capture people pouching on federal land, or out of season. They also monitor wildlife, migration, mating, new species entering the area, etc.

So I can imagine there being cameras in the area that local LE might not know anything about. I can also see teens seeing a man, feeling uneasy, and taking a video or photo in a split second, especially since that's the thing to do in this era. How many adults have we seen videoing a crime instead of calling police? Happens way too often.

I just want this monster arrested ASAP and CONVICTED! No parent should lose a child for nothing more than having a walk on a beautiful day. It's just so unfair!

My guess is since this photo of the perp was before the crime, he left either his blue coat or his brown hoodie at the scene of the crime. That ties him to the crime.

Just changed my mind: They would have called him a suspect immediately if they had found the coat.

They might not have publicly called him a suspect at first, even if they had his hat or jacket. I think they tried to make him feel comfortble coming in as a potential witness.

And they did not want to scare his family or friends away from identifying him at the time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member