IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a small town. Anyone these two girls knew on any level would also be known by either family or friends. I believe that if someone who knows BG saw the pic and heard the voice, they would be able say, i.e "that's Joe who works at the gas station". And if he was known to the girls only via social media, I think he would have been traced that way by now, considering all of the specialized LE called in to work the case. So for me, he was not known to them and was probably not local to Delphi. But he could be from another town not far away, but far enough so that people who DO know him did not think of him when and if they saw the image.

Jmo
So Flora or Lafayette for example? But the billboards means everyone nationally saw them.

I think the phone(s) will be a key piece of evidence.We know of a couple of people already who have had their phones searched when being questioned by LE which says to me that perhaps the killer(s) recorded his activities of the day/night with one of their phones and perhaps sent the recording to his own phone.I believe something like that would make sense for peoples phones being searched.If the perp had a prepaid phone such as straight talk then no record of name would be associated with the number the phone has.If that is the case then maybe LE could have released the number and perhaps someone in the murderers life such as employer,friend,relative could have recognized it.Of course there is the possibility that the perp could change his prepaid number and perhaps the number would have been assigned to a different phone owned by someone else by then and possibly bring the new owner some grief for a second with their number being associated with this but that could narrow down the search considerably in my opinion.
If they have the perps phone number couldn't they call or text him and trace the call?

I have to admit I'm baffled. Am I watching a different video than the rest of you?

One thing's for sure, in a case like this where very little information is released, it wasn't by sheer chance the the Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce arranged the interview with the media.

LE wants the general public (who at this time also includes anyone involved in this crime) to know they have Libby's cellphone. The information released in that interview was intentional. MOO

Aside from dozens of references by the media present at the Press Conference Feb 22nd all wording their reports exactly the same, the audio was " retrieved from the cellphone" now we also know it was retrieved by a very specialized unit.

Shouldn't that be a good thing if it provided additional evidence by which to eventually convict the perp? Complete forensic evidence from the actual cellphone is far stronger than a video downloaded to iCloud.

We all want the same thing I think, for the killer/s to be caught?

We all want the killer to caught. It would be great if they have the phone, very helpful. So far, howver, the information that has been presented has not convinced me, and apparently others, that they have it. That is what is great about this board-all kinds of differing opinions from people all desiring the same outcome.

We all want the killer to caught. It would be great if they have the phone, very helpful. So far, howver, the information that has been presented has not convinced me, and apparently others, that they have it. That is what is great about this board-all kinds of differing opinions from people all desiring the same outcome.
Why don't LE just flat out come out and say that they have the girls phones then? I don't get it.

Why don't LE just flat out come out and say that they have the girls phones then? I don't get it.

This is one of those convos that could fall outside of ToS and I dont want to get in trouble. <modsnip>

Ok so LE has their phones. Why didn't LE know what time the SC photos were taken but DM did know? Who told DM? (My original question still not answered)

And anyone could have seen that SC photo . Is that true?

As for timestamps...

Metadata (operational) will show timestamps the video or picture and who created it among other things sometimes even gps.

For example for those of you familiar with excel or word documents you click on properties and it will tell you who created the excel file and the date, it is similar for video and pictures. Metadata forensics would be able to get all this information and more from a picture or video, regardless of where the picture came from phone or cloud.

The clock on any date date including Feb 13th runs until midnight.

If you're referring to how does anyone know when death occurred, that's one of the purposes of the autopsy. By the statement that death occurred on feb 13th, their medical findings revealed it occurred before midnight.

No I am not referring to that I was referring to the comment they made about the Amber Alert not making any difference. Sorry I should have made that clear. That comment must mean TOD was before 05.30 p.m.

(I do understand that each day ends at midnight BTW)

Ok so LE has their phones. Why didn't LE know what time the SC photos were taken but DM did know? Who told DM? (My original question still not answered)

I hate not rememberin everthing,but who's those initials belong to?

RSBM

Such as?

Aside from the video containing the image and audio?

I think the possibilities are endless. A few I can think of.

The cellphone contains communication data such as email or text messages (we know the family attempted to text the girls). Includes deleted. Did either of the two have communications with someone that was unknown or unexpected? Abby's mom and Libby's grandparents could assist investigators in that regard.

What other apps aside from Snapchat? Were they being stalked?

Possibly GPS data.

Who was on their contact lists, friends lists, who were aware of their trail plans that day.

I have to admit I'm baffled. Am I watching a different video than the rest of you?

One thing's for sure, in a case like this where very little information is released, it wasn't by sheer chance the the Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce arranged the interview with the media.

LE wants the general public (who at this time also includes anyone involved in this crime) to know they have Libby's cellphone. The information released in that interview was intentional. MOO

Aside from dozens of references by the media present at the Press Conference Feb 22nd all wording their reports exactly the same, the audio was " retrieved from the cellphone" now we also know it was retrieved by a very specialized unit.

Shouldn't that be a good thing if it provided additional evidence by which to eventually convict the perp? Complete forensic evidence from the actual cellphone is far stronger than a video downloaded to iCloud.

We all want the same thing I think, for the killer/s to be caught?
I believe they have the phone but it is damaged.

No I am not referring to that I was referring to the comment they made about the Amber Alert not making any difference. Sorry I should have made that clear. That comment must mean TOD was before 05.30 p.m.

I feel like I must have missed something, I read backwards and also searched our media but I can't find it, did the ME release the TOD? Like we know for sure it was Feb 13th for both? I believe they both were gone before 2/14 but I know there was a lot of back and forth because of the obits. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for clarifying and I'm so glad that your clock has as many hours as mine:)

Yes, if calling an Amber Alert wouldn't have been helpful that suggests to me as well that the deaths occurred prior to 5:30pm.

Thank you for clarifying and I'm so glad that your clock has as many hours as mine:)

Yes, if calling an Amber Alert wouldn't have been helpful that suggests to me as well that the deaths occurred prior to 5:30pm.

I believe LE has said that the crime happened right after the video approx 2:30 so that makes since.

I relied to your question. The CNN interview with Sgt Riley was aired on Feb 16th. Considering there were several different agencies and offices involved, a possible reason is that the information hadn't landed on his desk yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine