IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Hard to keep track sometimes with the voluminous posts.

Do we know the timing and location of the cell phone pings?

The idea that the phone could be in those woods yet ping in so many different places doesn't make sense to me. Why would cell phone pings hold any water in any case if it is common or normal for the locations to be all over the board?

As to the 2:07 SC, I just wanted to point out the possibility that the photo was taken earlier than that. It doesn't mean they were on the bridge at 2:07, necessarily. Seems nitpicky, but with this tight time frame, maybe not.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
If u take a look at the case map at beginning of this thread you can see three cell towers on there which could help explain pinging on different towers. I dont think we have specific times.

The video I watched was after the bodies were located. (At least that was my understanding.)

ETA: Not sure I ever had a RL card but if I did I'd have moved it to the back of the pack after the reports of girls clothing being seen by the photo journalist. That reinforced my belief that it was a sexually motivated crime.

I've seen cases on true crime shows i.e Forensic Files and the like, where some perps will stage the crime to look like a SA but investigators figure it out pretty quickly that the victim or victims weren't SA. Not saying that's happened in this case just something I wanted to point out and JMO. If poor Libby and Abby weren't SA what would be the motive? :thinking:

I've seen cases on true crime shows i.e Forensic Files and the like, where some perps will stage the crime to look like a SA but investigators figure it out pretty quickly that the victim or victims weren't SA. Not saying that's happened in this case just something I wanted to point out and JMO. If poor Libby and Abby weren't SA what would be the motive? :thinking:

I can't see any other realistic motive, at this point.

Here's what I just can't get over.

LE has video from Libby's phone. It has visuals and audio of what happened to them. Of course, no one knows exactly how much footage, how much audio, or any details beyond the BG image and 'down the hill.' Yet what vague comments LE have given allude to the phone documenting at least part of the crime.

With that sort of evidence in their possession, I can't imagine they have already nabbed the person since they haven't arrested anyone.

I don't understand why LE can't state anything clearly. They want the public's help, but don't give enough info to facilitate that. There's protecting the investigation, and then there's a complete shut down of information. What is the motivation for having such a steel trap on the case? The degree of this seems extraordinary to me. I can't recall any case where confidentiality was taken to such an extreme level from the start.

Thank you! Hard to keep track sometimes with the voluminous posts.

Do we know the timing and location of the cell phone pings?

The idea that the phone could be in those woods yet ping in so many different places doesn't make sense to me. Why would cell phone pings hold any water in any case if it is common or normal for the locations to be all over the board?

As to the 2:07 SC, I just wanted to point out the possibility that the photo was taken earlier than that. It doesn't mean they were on the bridge at 2:07, necessarily. Seems nitpicky, but with this tight time frame, maybe not.

So I think it matters only in terms of what "pinging" they are talking about. Some people say ping when they mean a phone connecting to a cell tower. That can happen when a cell tower is busy and routes it to a different tower. Also depending on their walk their phones could hit several towers along the walk.

Now if they are talking about LE having a phone pinged (a request sent by network to phone so that phone sends back a location) then yeah that is suspect.

As to the 2:07 you are correct its totally possible. I'm going on the assumption that LE has access to the picture either from the phone directly or downloading it from the cloud, if that is the case then medadata would have provided LE with the exact time the picture was taken.

He is definitely a strange man, Burnt Toast. Why the investigators have permitted this examination of him by the media, without a purposeful effort to exclude him from the crime with a proverbial exclamation point behind it, I don't know. On the other hand, repeated articles in the media have quoted the investigators as saying he is not a suspect.

It reminds me, the world is not looking at this case, and only here is RL still being considered.

Anyway, thanks, everyone.

i think he is being considered well beyond here. saying he is is not a suspect is really meaningless. rarely will LE identify a suspect prior to an arrest. our verified attorney here has explained several times how LE everywhere have moved away from using the terms "suspect" and even " person of interest", and that they will say someone is not a suspect even when they know they are. now if they "clear" him, that would mean something.

i think he is being considered well beyond here. saying he is is not a suspect is really meaningless. rarely will LE identify a suspect prior to an arrest. our verified attorney here has explained several times how LE everywhere have moved away from using the terms "suspect" and even " person of interest", and that they will say someone is not a suspect even when they know they are. now if they "clear" him, that would mean something.
Seems that Carroll county,Indiana has not moved away from using the term suspect,because that is what they said the man in blue is.Also what they said the man in jail is not.

Here's what I just can't get over.

LE has video from Libby's phone. It has visuals and audio of what happened to them. Of course, no one knows exactly how much footage, how much audio, or any details beyond the BG image and 'down the hill.' Yet what vague comments LE have given allude to the phone documenting at least part of the crime.

With that sort of evidence in their possession, I can't imagine they have already nabbed the person since they haven't arrested anyone.

I don't understand why LE can't state anything clearly. They want the public's help, but don't give enough info to facilitate that. There's protecting the investigation, and then there's a complete shut down of information. What is the motivation for having such a steel trap on the case? The degree of this seems extraordinary to me. I can't recall any case where confidentiality was taken to such an extreme level from the start.

LE will ask for help when they need it, and they will become silent when they don't. it has been a very very long time since they have asked for help, and i believe three months since they played the audio. i think their silence speaks volumes. they don't need anyone's help so there is no reason to release anymore information to the public.

There is a difference between obstructing justice, (a crime) and not cooperating (remaining silent) And yes, according to the law in the U.S, it is a right! It is part of the Miranda law, which entitles everyone who is arrested the right ​to remain silent, and not speak to any law enforcement officials.. You don't have to cooperate with the police. It is your right under the law. Hope this helps you to understand

Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent can be used to allow any person questioned by police merely to deny answering questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in the Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves.) If the person willfully and knowingly tried to protect a suspect (such as by providing a false alibi) or to hide from investigation of their own activities (such as to hide their involvement in another crime), this may leave them liable to prosecution. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters, destroys, or conceals physical evidence.[SUP][1][/SUP]Obstruction charges may also be laid in unique situations such as refusal to aid a police officer, escape through voluntary action of an officer and refusing to assist prison officers in arresting escaped convicts.
I did already understand and still disagree thanks.

The question I have if the phone was already on and stayed on in that area (never shut off by someone) and pinged from the nearest tower why would it ping off further towers?

If a cell tower has a lot of traffic it will route to a different tower. Also along their walk it could have hit two or three towers just by virtue of them moving along the walk.

Seems that Carroll county,Indiana has not moved away from using the term suspect,because that is what they said the man in blue is.Also what they said the man in jail is not.
the man in blue is nameless to the public. as tricia, the owner of this site said, calling BG a suspect was unusual, and that LE typically do not name a suspect prior to an arrest. also as i said up thread, our verified attorney here agreed with that.

the man in blue is nameless to the public. as tricia, the owner of this site said, calling BG a suspect was unusual, and that LE typically do not name a suspect prior to an arrest. also as i said up thread, our verified attorney here agreed with that.

Pretty sure because of what was on that phone or video led cops to call him one early correct? What ever it was they did say the "commencement of the crime" happened right after the photos of BG.

I guess I'm saying they have enough from what they saw or heard to determine this guy is a suspect correct?

LE will ask for help when they need it, and they will become silent when they don't. it has been a very very long time since they have asked for help, and i believe three months since they played the audio. i think their silence speaks volumes. they don't need anyone's help so there is no reason to release anymore information to the public.
I don't believe LE have anything. I am losing faith that they have anyone in their sights at all. They seem to be treating it as a game of poker but I don't think they have a hand. I think some sort of statement would be helpful at this time.

If a cell tower has a lot of traffic it will route to a different tower. Also along their walk it could have hit two or three towers just by virtue of them moving along the walk.

Yes I get that part but after the 2:07 posting of Abby's picture on the bridge there shouldn't be any other pinging to further towers as this is where the crime happened very quickly according to LE right?

As we all should know by now,yes,tricia is the owner of this site.

Yes I get that part but after the 2:07 posting of Abby's picture on the bridge there shouldn't be any other pinging to further towers as this is where the crime happened very quickly according to LE right?

If a cell tower is busy it will reroute to a different tower also. Even if one is not moving.

ETA - Do we know the source of the "pinging all over town" and what time were they talking about?

If a cell tower is busy it will reroute to a different tower also. Even if one is not moving.

ETA - Do we know the source of the "pinging all over town" and what time were they talking about?

"German's grandfather Mike Patty toldWLFI: 'The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.' "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rls-13-murdered-say-police.html#ixzz4ioOtilJ2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member