IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, none of us can make the assumption that he has NO PROBLEM walking the terrain. The fact that he walks his land DOES NOT MEAN he has NO PROBLEM walking the terrain. None of us know what type of ailments or back/hip/leg problems he may suffer from.
i am going to "assume" since he walks the woods both day and night that he must be fairly physically fit. i just can't see a person with back and hip problems purposely navigating rough terrain at night. even his friend who was at the courthouse said he walks the trails. he certainly was able to zip around the property with reporters. everything we have seen so far shows that he would be capable of walking a short distance in terrain that he knows like the back of his hand. we have not heard or seen anything that shows he wold have difficulty with the terrain.

Checking in on status and I'm very shocked that people still think a certain someone did it. By this time there would be plenty of evidence and They would not be stringing along The entire community in order to gather more evidence. In general, that's not how a homicide investigation goes. Once there is enough evidence, that person is arrested. The fact that he is already incarcerated has nothing to do with it… That is often the case with many murders.

I do wonder how much the investigation was stifled by LE because they were closed off to any other ideas? I wonder if that is a possibility? I certainly hope not…

So maybe the phone wasn't "pinging around town" but just being pinged from around town?

Her phone would connect to the nearest available cell tower and the callers phone would connect to their nearest available cell tower.

Also to clarify I'm assuming from the context of the grandfathers statement that he is talking about cell towers.

LE getting a network to ping a phone (computer to phone) specifically to request that phone send back data is different. And possible thats what was done. But thats not what I get from the grandfathers statement.

Her phone would connect to the nearest available cell tower and the callers phone would connect to their nearest available cell tower.

Also to clarify I'm assuming from the context of the grandfathers statement that he is talking about cell towers.

LE getting a network to ping a phone (computer to phone) specifically to request that phone send back data is different. And possible thats what was done. But thats not what I get from the grandfathers statement.
I believe Tobe said they did ping the phone(s)

I'm fuzzy on LE protocol in this particular area- If an underage victim is found murdered, does LE take DNA from family members? Or no?

I'm leaning towards no, but I wanted to confirm.

I think they can ask family to voluntarily submit. But they would need a court order to get it if they didn't volunteer and I'm going to assume they have to have probable cause.

Only reason I say this is I was watching Forensics Files last night and this was the case with a suspect, they had to get a court order.

I'm fuzzy on LE protocol in this particular area- If an underage victim is found murdered, does LE take DNA from family members? Or no?

I'm leaning towards no, but I wanted to confirm.
if they are suspicious of them i would say yes. family members may also may have volunteered their DNA. so far absolutely nothing points towards a family member.

What is the quote about purposely navigating rough terrain at night? I didn't see that.

i am going to "assume" since he walks the woods both day and night that he must be fairly physically fit. i just can't see a person with back and hip problems purposely navigating rough terrain at night. even his friend who was at the courthouse said he walks the trails. he certainly was able to zip around the property with reporters. everything we have seen so far shows that he would be capable of walking a short distance in terrain that he knows like the back of his hand. we have not heard or seen anything that shows he wold have difficulty with the terrain.

I don't believe RL was involved in any manner. It is my opinion that if he knew anything, he would have used that as a lever to get out of jail for his drink driving offence.

Well perhaps RL meant he does walk around the woods but that doesn't necessarily mean he walks every square inch of it. I know farmers with many acres of flat fields who also own heavily wooded areas with treacherous ravines. They don't go back to the ravine areas unless they want to dump garbage, old equipment, etc. So yes, they may "walk" their ground but they stay out of the tricky areas if for no other reason than they don't want to slip and fall on their behinds and end up covered in mud or scratches from brush. Just IMO and what I have seen in my life:)

RL himself said he walked the woods both night and day before the murders. so, yes, we can make the assumption that he has no problem walking the terrain. i don't think anyone who has difficulty walking would be out at night in the woods.

Here's what I just can't get over.

LE has video from Libby's phone. It has visuals and audio of what happened to them. Of course, no one knows exactly how much footage, how much audio, or any details beyond the BG image and 'down the hill.' Yet what vague comments LE have given allude to the phone documenting at least part of the crime.

With that sort of evidence in their possession, I can't imagine they have already nabbed the person since they haven't arrested anyone.

I don't understand why LE can't state anything clearly. They want the public's help, but don't give enough info to facilitate that. There's protecting the investigation, and then there's a complete shut down of information. What is the motivation for having such a steel trap on the case? The degree of this seems extraordinary to me. I can't recall any case where confidentiality was taken to such an extreme level from the start.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I know...All I can guess is that they have their man and either don't have enough evidence to make an arrest or they are building a case as we speak.

Other than that, I'm left scratching my head like you are. If they don't have a clue who this guy is, than releasing another puzzle piece might make a difference before more time passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if they are suspicious of them i would say yes. family members may also may have volunteered their DNA. so far absolutely nothing points towards a family member.

So far, as of now, nothing does. I'm basically trying to get an idea of how much DNA they have collected thus far.

I think it is the reverse. He is fit because he walks the terrain day and night. He has horses and would check them last thing at night. I cannot see that as being indicative of anything as it would apply to many people. I don't see why that is relevant.

I believe Tobe said they did ping the phone(s)

Thats interesting because a LE ping should send back longitude and latitude for the phone. This is how they locate folks calling 911 on cell phones now.

What is the quote about purposely navigating rough terrain at night? I didn't see that.
CNN transcript:

Logan " i used to walk my woods all of the time, daytime, nighttime. now i am not sure if that is a good idea"

Police have repeatedly said RL is not a suspect.

Based on that, perhaps we could focus on and discuss:

Motive
Statistics of it being a SK
Similarities to other SK or crimes
As LE stated, "Why Delphi?"

Would anyone else besides me like to sleuth the crime?

I keep trying, but don't get much response. I'll try answering your sample questions as well as I can.
Unfortunately, I'm guessing the motive is the usual one in the abduction/murder of young girls. I've seen nothing to indicate that either girl was into anything illegal; they don't seem like the type who push people to the point of violence (they strike me more as people pleasers, but I could be wrong about that); I feel like someone involved with a gang would do something to make that at least somewhat obvious.

I have no link to a source, but I've heard that less than 1% of murders are committed by serial killers. I think the odds of one being responsible for these two may be higher than average because that number includes all murders - most done by someone the victim knows but not family or intimate relationships, many are done by family, boyfriend/girlfriend, exes, etc., many are gang related, and so many other types that don't fit here. I do believe that if the person isn't convicted of this crime, he will try again eventually. In my mind, if he isn't a serial killer, he probably will become one if given the chance.

Obviously, the deaths of Lizzy and Lyric seem similar (although we really have no idea if they are since we don't know the circumstances of either pair of actual murders). I thought Amber Hagerman seemed similar too, but all of the other girls are younger. I've found some others that seemed like possibilities, but don't have any other names handy right now.

Why Delphi? I think it was convenient at the time. It's a rather peaceful area, so people are/were more trusting and easier to deal with. It's a smaller town, so it wouldn't immediately have the same resources available to big cities (that may have turned out to be wrong, they got help in pretty quickly.)

I may not have any of the answers, but at least I have a few things for people to disagree with! All MOO

So far, as of now, nothing does. I'm basically trying to get an idea of how much DNA they have collected thus far.

I watched an old Forensic Files last night.

They had nothing (zero evidence, zero suspects etc) but a bite mark on the body and the ME took a swab just in case saliva would show up. It had trace DNA but not enough. They had to sit on it until new technology came out to double the amount of DNA. When they got complete DNA the perps DNA wasn't in CODUS. 12 months after entering the information in CODUS they got a match when the perp messed up.

So I'm thinking they have DNA they just don't have a match, yet. But thats just my thoughts.

Thats interesting because a LE ping should send back longitude and latitude for the phone. This is how they locate folks calling 911 on cell phones now.
If that's the case,then when it was said they were pinging around town,maybe that's exactly what they were doing....mobile.Is this why they were searching trash cans,because a ping hit near one?Not saying it specificaly pinged on a trash can but in the vicinity and it was something not to be overlooked in a search pattern?Trash cans,dumpsters any place a phone could be placed.

At the 5:40 mark

"Why Libby?"
"Why Abby?"
"Why Dephi?"

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]
Thank you I was trying to find out the full quote without playing the video cuz the kiddos were hovering over my shoulder but they've went to bed now I'll give it a listen.

Thank you I was trying to find out the full quote without playing the video cuz the kiddos were hovering over my shoulder but they've went to bed now I'll give it a listen.
i have listened to it many times trying to pick up any clues. i think by now i know it by heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper